• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Header Tags SEO

Jack_mcs

Hi, I have been using header tag seo for a while now on my new shop but have come across a problem that I need some help with.

Basically I have headertag seo and seo=g installed and find both contributions to work great. However I have just added the following url to header tag seo:

http://comfyearplugs.com/product_info.php?products_id=48

and also it appears on the list of urls when you change the page title it does not update the page. In fact if you try and view the changes, the page title appears as the category title.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards. Peter.

Edited by BarrySmith

I have built an online store solely with the help of this forum.

Hi,

Has anyone managed to get HTC working with this contribution? http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/5170

I instilled it but one line of code is conflicting with the HTC code .. which results in the HTC code being displayed on the page ...

Any ideas would be great.

Many thanks

This is the support thread for Header Tags SEO. You might want to upgrade it since HTC is no longer supported,for the most part.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Basically I have headertag seo and seo=g installed and find both contributions to work great. However I have just added the following url to header tag seo:

Please see this post.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi,

I installed the Header Tag SEO, I was just noticed that none of my product pages are listed within the search engines, please could you tell me what's the best way to configure the header-tag module so that I get the best result of it?

Also is the product_info.php the actual file for all products? If so would you recommend I removed this so that google and other search engines can collect info normally?

Any help or advice would be most appreciated!

You can't control when the seasrch engines will list your pages. INstalling contributions like the google sitemap and Sitemap SEO will speed that process up but it would still be at their pleasure.

Yes, product_info.php is for the products. Removing it will break your shop and should not be considered.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

You can't control when the seasrch engines will list your pages. INstalling contributions like the google sitemap and Sitemap SEO will speed that process up but it would still be at their pleasure.

Yes, product_info.php is for the products. Removing it will break your shop and should not be considered.

Jack

Hi Jack,

Thanks for the response, I will leave the product_info.php, please could you help me configure this header tag so I have the best possible results as surely all products with the same title, description and keywords is not good for spidering?

Thanks!

No, I'm sorry but that goes beyond free support. In general though, running Fill Tags for most sites is all that is needed for the categories and products. There are also files included with the contribution that explain the basics of setting it up. And you can also search the web for how to setup keywords for a site.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

This is the support thread for Header Tags SEO. You might want to upgrade it since HTC is no longer supported,for the most part.

Jack

Hi Jack,

Sorry i am using Header Tags SEO, not HTC...

i'm tying to install the display products in categories contribution which involves editing index.php...

part of it says find this code:

case 'PRODUCT_LIST_PRICE': $listing_sql .= " order by final_price " .

($sort_order == 'd' ? 'desc' : '') . ", pd.products_name"; break; } }?>

<td width="100%" valign="top"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

but part of that code is taken over by header tags seo:

case 'PRODUCT_LIST_PRICE':

$listing_sql .= " order by final_price " . ($sort_order == 'd' ? 'desc' : '') . ", pd.products_name";

break;

}

}

/*** Begin Header Tags SEO ***/

if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id']))

$db_query = tep_db_query("select manufacturers_htc_title_tag as htc_title, manufacturers_htc_description as htc_description from " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS_INFO . " where languages_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'] . "'");

else

$db_query = tep_db_query("select categories_htc_title_tag as htc_title, categories_htc_description as htc_description from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " where categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' and language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");

$htc = tep_db_fetch_array($db_query);

?>

<td width="100%" valign="top"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

<tr>

<td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

<tr>

<td><h1><?php echo $htc['htc_title']; ?></h1></td>

<?php /*** End Header Tags SEO ***/ ?>

its supposed to be replaced with this:

// BOE: Display Categories and Products

$listing_sql .= " order by final_price " . ($sort_order == 'd' ? 'desc' : '') . ", pd.products_name";

break; } } if ($category_depth == 'products') echo '<td width="100%" valign="top">';?>

<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

<!-- EOE: Display Categories and Products //-->

the rest of it appears to be ok .. its just integrating that piece of code with the header tags seo code ... have you any ideas how to do this?

It would be great if you could help..

many thanks

Header Tags doesn't change the code dealing with product listing but may change part of the code after that. If the contribution you are installing overlaps, then you have to merge them. It won't be the same lines of code though, other than the if statement. So you should be able to change everything up to that statement and have it work fine.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Sorry for my bad eng.

In step 3:

FIND (Around line 78)

<td class="pageHeading"><?php echo HEADING_TITLE; ?></td>

<td class="pageHeading" align="right"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $category['categories_image'], $category['categories_name'], HEADING_IMAGE_WIDTH, HEADING_IMAGE_HEIGHT); ?></td>

</tr>

I only find this:

<tr>

</tr>

</table></td>

The extra line

<td class="pageHeading" align="right"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $category['categories_image'], $category['categories_name'], HEADING_IMAGE_WIDTH, HEADING_IMAGE_HEIGHT); ?></td>

is the icon image displayed on a standard shop. Yours has been removed so just replace the code and then also delete the line with the new code that has the image.

Jack

Edited by Jack_mcs

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi,

I am relatively new at this so forgive me. I looked at the directions and in the forums and I am confused.

The Header Tags isn't working so I ran the test. This is what it says:

Option Error:The Search Engine Friendly option is set. This should be disabled since it can cause various problems.Missing Code in FileThe Header Tags head code for the index.php file cannot be found.The Header Tags head code for the product_info.php file cannot be found.The Header Tags head code for the product_reviews.php file cannot be found.The Header Tags head code for the product_reviews_info.php file cannot be found.The Header Tags head code for the product_reviews_write.php file cannot be found.The Header Tags head code for the specials.php file cannot be found.

What head code goes in these files? What folder are these files in?

Help please! Thanks in advance!

Mike Alwood

The search engine option is in admin->Configuration->My Store and should be set to false. The other erros means you didn't install the contribution correctly. You will need to go over through Install_Catalog.txt file again.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Thanks Jack!

I was a numbskull.

One thing though, I have a different code on the index.php around line 70. There isn't anything else remotely similar.

if ($category_depth == 'nested')

{ echo "<div class=\"featured_item_heading\">Featured Items</div>";

include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_CATEGORY_PRODUCTS);

}

is this the same thing??

if ($category_depth == 'nested') {

$category_query = tep_db_query("select cd.categories_name, c.categories_image from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where c.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' and cd.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");

Mike Alwood

It looks like it is the correct location but, if it is, your code has been stripped of the original oscommerce code, a common practice with templates. It can be added back in but can be very difficult, depending upon what they did.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Thanks Jack!

I have one more problem :blush:

FIND (Around line 298)

<td align="right"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $image, HEADING_TITLE, HEADING_IMAGE_WIDTH, HEADING_IMAGE_HEIGHT); ?></td>

</tr>

I find this (line 283)

<TD COLSPAN="2" CLASS="main">

<?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $image, (!empty($cat_description['categories_heading_title']) ? $cat_description['categories_heading_title'] : HEADING_TITLE), HEADING_IMAGE_WIDTH, HEADING_IMAGE_HEIGHT, 'ALIGN=right'); ?>

<?php echo $cat_description['categories_description']; ?>

</TD>

</tr>

</table></td>

Is it wrong to change the HEADING_TITLE to $htc['htc_title'] ?

<?php
/*
 $Id: index.php 1739 2007-12-20 00:52:16Z hpdl $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
 [url="http://www.oscommerce.com"]http://www.oscommerce.com[/url]

Copyright © 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License
*/

require('includes/application_top.php');

// the following cPath references come from application_top.php
 $category_depth = 'top';
 if (isset($cPath) && tep_not_null($cPath)) {
   $categories_products_query = tep_db_query("select count(*) as total from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " where categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "'");
   $cateqories_products = tep_db_fetch_array($categories_products_query);
   if ($cateqories_products['total'] > 0) {
     $category_depth = 'products'; // display products
   } else {
     $category_parent_query = tep_db_query("select count(*) as total from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " where parent_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "'");
     $category_parent = tep_db_fetch_array($category_parent_query);
     if ($category_parent['total'] > 0) {
       $category_depth = 'nested'; // navigate through the categories
     } else {
       $category_depth = 'products'; // category has no products, but display the 'no products' message
     }
   }
 }

require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/' . FILENAME_DEFAULT);
?>
<!doctype html public "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
<html <?php echo HTML_PARAMS; ?>>
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=<?php echo CHARSET; ?>">
<title><?php echo TITLE; ?></title>
<base href="<?php echo (($request_type == 'SSL') ? HTTPS_SERVER : HTTP_SERVER) . DIR_WS_CATALOG; ?>">
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="stylesheet.css">
</head>
<body marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" topmargin="0" bottommargin="0" leftmargin="0" rightmargin="0">
<!-- header //-->
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header.php'); ?>
<!-- header_eof //-->

<!-- body //-->
<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="3" cellpadding="3">
 <tr>
   <td width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" valign="top"><table border="0" width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
<!-- left_navigation //-->
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'column_left.php'); ?>
<!-- left_navigation_eof //-->
   </table></td>
<!-- body_text //-->
<?php
 if ($category_depth == 'nested') {
   $category_query = tep_db_query("select cd.categories_name, c.categories_image,cd.categories_description,cd.categories_heading_title from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where c.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' and cd.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");
   $category = tep_db_fetch_array($category_query);
?>
     <tr>
         <tr>
           <td class="pageHeading" valign="top"><?php echo (!empty($category['categories_heading_title']) ? $category['categories_heading_title'] : HEADING_TITLE); ?></td>
         </tr>
	  <tr>
           <?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $category['categories_image'], $category['categories_name'], HEADING_IMAGE_WIDTH, HEADING_IMAGE_HEIGHT, 'ALIGN=right'); ?>
           <?php echo $category['categories_description']; ?>
		</TD>
	  </tr>
       </table></td>
     </tr>
     <tr>
       <td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '10'); ?></td>
     </tr>
     <tr>
       <td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
         <tr>
           <td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
             <tr>
<?php
   if (isset($cPath) && strpos('_', $cPath)) {
// check to see if there are deeper categories within the current category
     $category_links = array_reverse($cPath_array);
     for($i=0, $n=sizeof($category_links); $i<$n; $i++) {
       $categories_query = tep_db_query("select count(*) as total from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where c.parent_id = '" . (int)$category_links[$i] . "' and c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");
       $categories = tep_db_fetch_array($categories_query);
       if ($categories['total'] < 1) {
         // do nothing, go through the loop
       } else {
         $categories_query = tep_db_query("select c.categories_id, cd.categories_name, c.categories_image, c.parent_id from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where c.parent_id = '" . (int)$category_links[$i] . "' and c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' order by sort_order, cd.categories_name");
         break; // we've found the deepest category the customer is in
       }
     }
   } else {
     $categories_query = tep_db_query("select c.categories_id, cd.categories_name, c.categories_image, c.parent_id from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where c.parent_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' and c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' order by sort_order, cd.categories_name");
   }

$number_of_categories = tep_db_num_rows($categories_query);

$rows = 0;
   while ($categories = tep_db_fetch_array($categories_query)) {
     $rows++;
     $cPath_new = tep_get_path($categories['categories_id']);
     $width = (int)(100 / MAX_DISPLAY_CATEGORIES_PER_ROW) . '%';
     echo '                <td align="center" class="smallText" width="' . $width . '" valign="top"><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, $cPath_new) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $categories['categories_image'], $categories['categories_name'], SUBCATEGORY_IMAGE_WIDTH, SUBCATEGORY_IMAGE_HEIGHT) . '<br>' . $categories['categories_name'] . '</a></td>' . "\n";
     if ((($rows / MAX_DISPLAY_CATEGORIES_PER_ROW) == floor($rows / MAX_DISPLAY_CATEGORIES_PER_ROW)) && ($rows != $number_of_categories)) {
       echo '              </tr>' . "\n";
       echo '              <tr>' . "\n";
     }
   }

// needed for the new products module shown below
   $new_products_category_id = $current_category_id;
?>
             </tr>
           </table></td>
         </tr>
         <tr>
         </tr>
         <tr>
           <td><?php include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_NEW_PRODUCTS); ?></td>
         </tr>
       </table></td>
     </tr>
   </table></td>
<?php
 } elseif ($category_depth == 'products' || isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'])) {
// create column list
   $define_list = array('PRODUCT_LIST_MODEL' => PRODUCT_LIST_MODEL,
                        'PRODUCT_LIST_NAME' => PRODUCT_LIST_NAME,
                        'PRODUCT_LIST_MANUFACTURER' => PRODUCT_LIST_MANUFACTURER,
                        'PRODUCT_LIST_PRICE' => PRODUCT_LIST_PRICE,
                        'PRODUCT_LIST_QUANTITY' => PRODUCT_LIST_QUANTITY,
                        'PRODUCT_LIST_WEIGHT' => PRODUCT_LIST_WEIGHT,
                        'PRODUCT_LIST_IMAGE' => PRODUCT_LIST_IMAGE,
                        'PRODUCT_LIST_BUY_NOW' => PRODUCT_LIST_BUY_NOW);

asort($define_list);

$column_list = array();
   reset($define_list);
   while (list($key, $value) = each($define_list)) {
     if ($value > 0) $column_list[] = $key;
   }

$select_column_list = '';

for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($column_list); $i<$n; $i++) {
     switch ($column_list[$i]) {
       case 'PRODUCT_LIST_MODEL':
         $select_column_list .= 'p.products_model, ';
         break;
       case 'PRODUCT_LIST_NAME':
         $select_column_list .= 'pd.products_name, ';
         break;
       case 'PRODUCT_LIST_MANUFACTURER':
         $select_column_list .= 'm.manufacturers_name, ';
         break;
       case 'PRODUCT_LIST_QUANTITY':
         $select_column_list .= 'p.products_quantity, ';
         break;
       case 'PRODUCT_LIST_IMAGE':
         $select_column_list .= 'p.products_image, ';
         break;
       case 'PRODUCT_LIST_WEIGHT':
         $select_column_list .= 'p.products_weight, ';
         break;
     }
   }

// show the products of a specified manufacturer
   if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'])) {
     if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['filter_id']) && tep_not_null($HTTP_GET_VARS['filter_id'])) {
// We are asked to show only a specific category
       $listing_sql = "select " . $select_column_list . " p.products_id p.manufacturers_id, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as final_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd, " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c where p.products_status = '1' and p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id and m.manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'] . "' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and p2c.categories_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['filter_id'] . "'";
     } else {
// We show them all
       $listing_sql = "select " . $select_column_list . " p.products_id, pd.short_desc, p.manufacturers_id, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as final_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd, " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m where p.products_status = '1' and pd.products_id = p.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id and m.manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'] . "'";
     }
   } else {
// show the products in a given categorie
     if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['filter_id']) && tep_not_null($HTTP_GET_VARS['filter_id'])) {
// We are asked to show only specific catgeory
       $listing_sql = "select " . $select_column_list . " p.products_id, pd.short_desc, p.manufacturers_id, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as final_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd, " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c where p.products_status = '1' and p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id and m.manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['filter_id'] . "' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and p2c.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "'";
     } else {
// We show them all
       $listing_sql = "select " . $select_column_list . " p.products_id, pd.short_desc, p.manufacturers_id, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as final_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p left join " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m on p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and p2c.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "'";
     }
   }

if ( (!isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['sort'])) || (!ereg('^[1-8][ad]$', $HTTP_GET_VARS['sort'])) || (substr($HTTP_GET_VARS['sort'], 0, 1) > sizeof($column_list)) ) {
     for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($column_list); $i<$n; $i++) {
       if ($column_list[$i] == 'PRODUCT_LIST_NAME') {
         $HTTP_GET_VARS['sort'] = $i+1 . 'a';
         $listing_sql .= " order by pd.products_name";
         break;
       }
     }
   } else {
     $sort_col = substr($HTTP_GET_VARS['sort'], 0 , 1);
     $sort_order = substr($HTTP_GET_VARS['sort'], 1);

switch ($column_list[$sort_col-1]) {
       case 'PRODUCT_LIST_MODEL':
         $listing_sql .= " order by p.products_model " . ($sort_order == 'd' ? 'desc' : '') . ", pd.products_name";
         break;
       case 'PRODUCT_LIST_NAME':
         $listing_sql .= " order by pd.products_name " . ($sort_order == 'd' ? 'desc' : '');
         break;
       case 'PRODUCT_LIST_MANUFACTURER':
         $listing_sql .= " order by m.manufacturers_name " . ($sort_order == 'd' ? 'desc' : '') . ", pd.products_name";
         break;
       case 'PRODUCT_LIST_QUANTITY':
         $listing_sql .= " order by p.products_quantity " . ($sort_order == 'd' ? 'desc' : '') . ", pd.products_name";
         break;
       case 'PRODUCT_LIST_IMAGE':
         $listing_sql .= " order by pd.products_name";
         break;
       case 'PRODUCT_LIST_WEIGHT':
         $listing_sql .= " order by p.products_weight " . ($sort_order == 'd' ? 'desc' : '') . ", pd.products_name";
         break;
         break;
     }
   }
   $cat_description_query = tep_db_query ("select categories_heading_title, categories_description from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " where categories_id = '" . $current_category_id . "' and language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");
$cat_description = tep_db_fetch_array ($cat_description_query);
?>
     <tr>
         <tr>
           <td class="pageHeading"><?php echo (!empty($cat_description['categories_heading_title']) ? $cat_description['categories_heading_title'] : HEADING_TITLE); ?></td>

<?php
// optional Product List Filter
   if (PRODUCT_LIST_FILTER > 0) {
       $filterlist_sql = "select distinct c.categories_id as id, cd.categories_name as name from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and p2c.categories_id = c.categories_id and p2c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and p.manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'] . "' order by cd.categories_name";
     } else {
       $filterlist_sql= "select distinct m.manufacturers_id as id, m.manufacturers_name as name from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c, " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m where p.products_status = '1' and p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and p2c.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' order by m.manufacturers_name";
     }
     $filterlist_query = tep_db_query($filterlist_sql);
     if (tep_db_num_rows($filterlist_query) > 1) {
       echo '            <td align="center" class="main">' . tep_draw_form('filter', FILENAME_DEFAULT, 'get') . TEXT_SHOW . ' ';
         echo tep_draw_hidden_field('manufacturers_id', $HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id']);
         $options = array(array('id' => '', 'text' => TEXT_ALL_CATEGORIES));
       } else {
         echo tep_draw_hidden_field('cPath', $cPath);
         $options = array(array('id' => '', 'text' => TEXT_ALL_MANUFACTURERS));
       }
       echo tep_draw_hidden_field('sort', $HTTP_GET_VARS['sort']);
       while ($filterlist = tep_db_fetch_array($filterlist_query)) {
         $options[] = array('id' => $filterlist['id'], 'text' => $filterlist['name']);
       }
       echo tep_draw_pull_down_menu('filter_id', $options, (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['filter_id']) ? $HTTP_GET_VARS['filter_id'] : ''), 'onchange="this.form.submit()"');
       echo tep_hide_session_id() . '</form></td>' . "\n";
     }
   }

// Get the right image for the top-right
   $image = DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'table_background_list.gif';
     $image = tep_db_query("select manufacturers_image from " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " where manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'] . "'");
     $image = tep_db_fetch_array($image);
     $image = $image['manufacturers_image'];
   } elseif ($current_category_id) {
     $image = tep_db_query("select categories_image from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " where categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "'");
     $image = tep_db_fetch_array($image);
     $image = $image['categories_image'];
   }
?>
   </tr>
	  <tr><TD> </TD></TR>
	  <tr>
           <?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $image, (!empty($cat_description['categories_heading_title']) ? $cat_description['categories_heading_title'] : HEADING_TITLE), HEADING_IMAGE_WIDTH, HEADING_IMAGE_HEIGHT, 'ALIGN=right'); ?>
           <?php echo $cat_description['categories_description']; ?>
		</TD>
	  </tr>
       </table></td>
     </tr>
     <tr>
     </tr>
     <tr>
       <td><?php include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_PRODUCT_LISTING); ?></td>
     </tr>
   </table></td>
<?php
 } else { // default page
?>
     <tr>
         <tr>
         </tr>
       </table></td>
     </tr>
     <tr>
     </tr>
     <tr>
         </tr>
         <tr>
         </tr>
         <tr>
           <td class="main"><?php echo TEXT_MAIN; ?></td>
         </tr>
         <tr>
         </tr>
         <tr>
           <td><?php include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_NEW_PRODUCTS); ?></td>
         </tr>
<?php
   //include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_UPCOMING_PRODUCTS);
?>
       </table></td>
     </tr>
   </table></td>
<?php
 }
?>
<!-- body_text_eof //-->
   <td width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" valign="top"><table border="0" width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
<!-- right_navigation //-->
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'column_right.php'); ?>
<!-- right_navigation_eof //-->
   </table></td>
 </tr>
</table>
<!-- body_eof //-->

<!-- footer //-->
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'footer.php'); ?>
<!-- footer_eof //-->
<br>
</body>
</html>
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'application_bottom.php'); ?>

That code s from some other contribution change that handles cantegory descriptions. If you want to use that option from Header Tags instead, you'll need to remove that code. It may also be in admin/categories.php.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Thanks Jack. Do you know anyone that I could pay to have it done for me? I tried, there is a section that is definately different. I know html and a tiny bit of PHP but cannot do this and really want to have the Meta tags in place.

Answering such a question on the forums is not allowed. I will PM you though.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hello, (this message is for Jack)

i'm novice and i had install my shop with oscommerce RC2.

After have install Header Tags SEO V 3.0, i have a probleme (test), please see below:

Missing Code in File

The Header Tags head code for the product_info.php file cannot be found.

The Header Tags head code for the product_reviews.php file cannot be found.

The Header Tags head code for the product_reviews_info.php file cannot be found.

The Header Tags head code for the product_reviews_write.php file cannot be found.

The Header Tags head code for the specials.php file cannot be found.

i also have another error: when i browse in admin/HEADER TAGs SEO/Fill Tags, i mark:

x Show Missing Tags

x Include Missing Descriptions in search

then "update"

in the bottom of the page i have:

Missing Tags

Categories

All my categories are listed

Manufacturer

All my manufacturer

if i click on any of my categories i have this error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_CASE in /home/boonya/public_html/catalog/admin/categories.php on line 335

there after the ligne 335:

In this forum i saw that you say:

"Please read the troubleshooting section in the documentation."

after have read, i still not understand what is the problem (chmod ok for files, no matter with that...).

Please help me!

Best regards,

Bonnyashop

Sorry for all the question,

i had use winmerge to compare files (just few error...), now i have another probleme, when (in admin) i click on categories i have this error message:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '}' in ../catalog/admin/categories.php on line 757

and when i use the file include in the archive i have this error message:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in../catalog/admin/categories.php on line 375

so for the moment i use the old file (i had made backup!).

But i really want to use Header tag for referencement on search engine.

If anybody can help me...

Regardss,

Boonya.

The file from the contribution is a standard file and should work in all shops so you must have edited it after installing it to have a problem with it. Try using the original without making any changes to it.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I upload the headertags_seo.sql via PHPmyAdmin and i upload the headertags_seo_install.php in the same directory as index.php

After that i try to install and i get that.

What's wrong ?

1060 - Duplicate column name 'categories_htc_title_tag'

ALTER TABLE categories_description ADD categories_htc_title_tag VARCHAR(80) NULL;

[TEP STOP]

Jack, I hope you can offer suggestions to help. I have double and triple checked all associated files to correct any installation errors and cannot get HTS to work when STS is activated. The code for Files for normal template is changed to sts_user_code.php;headertags.php in both default and index templates and I strictly followed the instruction, skipping step 1 and making the changes of 1a.

When STS is activated, the page titles all read Untitled 1, but without STS, HTS works perfectly. Can you think of any common reasons that it would not be working? I'm sure its something obvious that I am just not seeing.

Jack, I see too that you may have a resource that I could pay to fine tune my site. If you wouldn't mind IMing me and letting me know too, I would appreciate it. I am about to hire an SEO firm but want everything to be fine tuned before they get started.

I appreciate your input.

Thanks

Larry