• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Header Tags SEO

Jack_mcs

well, problem solved!

i was trying to isolate the problem like you say jack, and, when i made all the changes i've realized that the contribution is working now! i've probaly made some mistake in the index.php edit in first place :blush: :blush:

thanks a lot for the help!

Hello. I was hoping someone here could help that may have encountered this problem. I have Header Tags SEO installed along with STS, PWA, Analtytics, and Ultimate SEO URLS.

I followed all of the install directions for adding Header Tags SEO in Catalog.txt but for some reason my custom title, description and meta tags are not showing up. My site is at www.womanswork.com.

I've gone over the install instructions repeatedly looking for any mistakes that I may have made but cannot find where the problem is.

This is what the test script reports:

Test Results

Missing Code in File

The Header Tags head code for the index.php file cannot be found.

The Header Tags head code for the product_info.php file cannot be found.

The Header Tags head code for the product_reviews.php file cannot be found.

The Header Tags head code for the product_reviews_info.php file cannot be found.

The Header Tags head code for the product_reviews_write.php file cannot be found.

The Header Tags head code for the specials.php file cannot be found.

Language Mismatch Error:

Language ID 2 in default Header Tags table does not exist in the shops languages.

Language ID 2 in default Header Tags table does not exist in the shops languages.

Language ID 3 in default Header Tags table does not exist in the shops languages.

Language ID 3 in default Header Tags table does not exist in the shops languages.

Language ID 1 in default Header Tags table does not exist in the shops languages.

Language ID 1 in default Header Tags table does not exist in the shops languages.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Kevin

I keep getting this error msg when I try to do the

Header Tags SEO

-Fill Tags

Failed to load SEO words file: includes/header_tags_seo_words.txt

I have the Categories and Manufacturer one working fine now

I've had a quick scan through but can't see a similar problem. I'm assuming its an error during installation?

Many Thanks

Ryan

I have the latest version of headertags seo installed, everything has been working fine. This morning i noticed that there were several new pages listed in the

page control. I ran the test to see if all the pages were setup correctly. This is what I found:

CRE or oscMax Error: 
CRE or oscMax is running and the head code in the index.php file has Header Tags code installed, which is a mistake. 
CRE or oscMax is running and the head code in the product_info.php file has Header Tags code installed, which is a mistake. 
CRE or oscMax is running and the head code in the product_reviews.php file has Header Tags code installed, which is a mistake. 
CRE or oscMax is running and the head code in the product_reviews_info.php file has Header Tags code installed, which is a mistake. 
CRE or oscMax is running and the head code in the product_reviews_write.php file has Header Tags code installed, which is a mistake. 
CRE or oscMax is running and the head code in the specials.php file has Header Tags code installed, which is a mistake. 

I have a regular oscommerce site, not CRE or oscMax. I havent installed any contributions that would cause this.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

I had similar problem, with the same notification error.

I hope it can help if i say that i found out that it was another contribution giving that issue.

In my case it was the "newsletter_products_v2_3" that adding some define, created the problem.

I simply renamed all the DIR_WS_TEMPLATES in anything else like DIR_WS_SCHEMES when reinstalling the newsletter contrib.

I keep getting this error msg when I try to do the

Header Tags SEO

-Fill Tags

Failed to load SEO words file: includes/header_tags_seo_words.txt

You have to upload the new files from the contribution package.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

The code isn't recognizing that you have STS installed so something is wrong there.

Jack

I got it. In the store admin in Modules, STS. I needed to add ;headertags.php to the Files for index.php template field. I only had it in Default.

Yay.

Thanks for your help and contribution!

Kevin

You have to upload the new files from the contribution package.

Jack

Great contribution Jack! I have a problem that I hope you can offer a solution. My products pages header is fine with one exception in the following format: Category - Manufacturers Name - "Products New Home" - Item Title. I would like to exclude "Products New Home" from the header title. If I need to exclude the Category and manufacturers name too to accompolish this, that is okay too. Can you offer a suggestion?

Thanks.

Great contribution Jack! I have a problem that I hope you can offer a solution. My products pages header is fine with one exception in the following format: Category - Manufacturers Name - "Products New Home" - Item Title. I would like to exclude "Products New Home" from the header title. If I need to exclude the Category and manufacturers name too to accompolish this, that is okay too. Can you offer a suggestion?

Thanks.

Uncheck the Root checkbox for product_info in page control.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Uncheck the Root checkbox for product_info in page control.

Jack

As always, your support is appreciated. I have another concern, but not sure if it is related to Header Tags SEO. My http://www.doubledeedeals.com/sitemap.xml is adding "keywords" to the end of my php URL, and "names" to the end of my HTML redirect (product pages) which include spaces ("%20"). Here are two examples:

http://www.doubledeedeals.com/advanced_sea...208%20Turquoise

http://www.doubledeedeals.com/fashion-jewe...%20Hair%20Clamp

Of course this is SEO defeating. Do you know if there is anything within Header Tags SEO that would create this additional sitemap content?

Your help is very much appreciated.

Hi Jack,

I am setting up a new shop and just installed this great Header Tag SEO contribution but am getting a fatal error and cant find the problem and hope you may know the answer.

As this is a unmodified shop I have copied all the files straight over the old ones and modified the ones I needed to but I get this error.

I would appreciate any help you can kindly offer..

Many Thanks

Bruce

Ps.. I know it maybe something I have done wrong as I have installed this contribution to other modified stores without problem.

Fatal error: Call to a member function add_current_page() on a non-object in /includes/application_top.php on line 312

// navigation history

if (tep_session_is_registered('navigation')) {

if (PHP_VERSION < 4) {

$broken_navigation = $navigation;

$navigation = new navigationHistory;

$navigation->unserialize($broken_navigation);

}

} else {

tep_session_register('navigation');

$navigation = new navigationHistory;

}

$navigation->add_current_page(); =line 312

Hi, Can i just say after many efforts i've managed to get my store working. i've combined htc, seo url and sts and its bellissimo!

One thing i'm trying to do now though is add some text in the category pages. Just some blurb explaining the category. I found one very old contribution that does this, but i tried to install it but because i have htc installed the code i'm supposed to replace has already been altered by htc i'm not sure how to do it.

Anyone know how to get this contrib working with htc?

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,4294

Thanks

That is a feature of Header Tags. Just edit the category and enter the text you want displayed. As long as the contribution is installed correctly, the text will be displayed.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

After installing this contribution I looked at the "view source" in browser and could not see any meta tags created on the pages (like product_info.php), but I when I turned on STS option an looked at the same page, I saw all meta tags were created. Any idea why it happens?

Thanks.

The meta tag code shouldn't be installed in the files if you have STS instaled so, assuming it is installed correctly, you would only see the results when STS is enabled.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

The meta tag code shouldn't be installed in the files if you have STS instaled so, assuming it is installed correctly, you would only see the results when STS is enabled.

Jack

I installed STS before and followed instructions in install_catalog.txt for STS users and then install_admin.txt. After installation I only see the results when STS is enabled. If I correctly understand it is not an error that I do not see results when STS is off.

Thank you very much for pointing out.

Hello.

I'm noticing another issue with trying to control title tags in particular on category pages.

The title that is entered in page control: index.php is appearing on category pages. Is there a way to occlude category pages' title tags from the tag set on index.php?

Thank you.

Kevin Masters.

That is a feature of Header Tags. Just edit the category and enter the text you want displayed. As long as the contribution is installed correctly, the text will be displayed.

Jack

Great thanks Jack!

Hello.

I'm noticing another issue with trying to control title tags in particular on category pages.

The title that is entered in page control: index.php is appearing on category pages. Is there a way to occlude category pages' title tags from the tag set on index.php?

Thank you.

Kevin Masters.

Uncheck the category box in page control for index.php and check the category box for the default section.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi,

I saw some more people did have a problem with "failed to open dir:", but nowhere I saw a solution.

I just installed HeaderTags_SEO_V_3.1.0 and everything is working fine on the frontend. When i go to the admin and click on "Header Tags SEO > Page Control" (page admin/header_tags_seo.php) I get the following error.

Warning: opendir(/home/displaymannequin.nl/public_html/displaym-5/) [function.opendir]: failed to open dir: Permission denied in /home/displaymannequin.nl/public_html/displaym-5/admin/includes/functions/header_tags.php on line 15
Failed to open dir

I set "includes/header_tags.php" to chmod 777

Line 15 from "admin/includes/functions/header_tags.php" says:

($dir = opendir(DIR_FS_CATALOG)) || die("Failed to open dir<br>");

I installed the shop in the map /displaym-5 (without the map catalog).

In both admin/includes/configure.php and includes/configure.php I defined FS_catalog as follows:

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/home/displaymannequin.nl/public_html/displaym-5/');

both files are chmod 775

The admin options "Fill tags"and "test" do work properly.

When i run "admin/header_tags_test.php" I get the following messages, which are common I believe:

Test Results
Missing Code in File
The Header Tags head code for the index.php file cannot be found.
The Header Tags head code for the product_info.php file cannot be found.
The Header Tags head code for the product_reviews.php file cannot be found.
The Header Tags head code for the product_reviews_info.php file cannot be found.
The Header Tags head code for the product_reviews_write.php file cannot be found.
The Header Tags head code for the specials.php file cannot be found.

Can someone please advise?

The code is trying to open in your shops directory but the server is not allowing it. You will need to talk to your host about that.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack,

Yes you are right, I checked everything but the chmod of the map /displaym-5, where this test site stands. I am really ashamed and thank you for your patience. :blush:

The code is trying to open in your shops directory but the server is not allowing it. You will need to talk to your host about that.

Jack