• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Header Tags SEO

Jack_mcs

Hi Jack,

I also have a problem. I installed your contribution but now the picture of all the products with a ' (apostrophe) in their name doesn't appear in product_info.php. What can be the problem?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Nizou

Header Tags doesn't do anything with the image on the product page and the image doesn't use Header Tags code so I can't imagine how your problem is related to this contribution.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Hello everyone!

First let me say that this is one hell of an awesome contribution! Both thumbs up for you Jack (not that you do not deserve three or more thumbs, it's just I've got only two to spare :P)

I'm using an STS enabled store. I couldn't make this contrib work for the Index.php page. The installation files are missing one instruction. The "headertags.php" file must be added BOTH to the 'default' and 'index' modules in the STS menu.

Another thought - breadcrumbs are blank until filled using the admin part of this contrib (which gets installed waay later on). This freaked me out and made me redo the Catalog installation. Perhaps it'd be a good idea to mention it someplace.

Thanks for this superb piece of code!

Matt

"There is something enduringly seductive in random, explosive acts of no consequence"

Uhm. I have a question though -> I noticed that I get a ghastly 'sort_2a | page1 |' stuff. Previewing index.php in admin shows that entire title is preceded by a mysterious 'language_en' string. I wanna get rid of it! How do I do it? Should I? Googling it returns a bunch of seemingly incorrectly modded oscommerce shops and no solutions.

Any insight would be appreciated :)

"There is something enduringly seductive in random, explosive acts of no consequence"

Hi!

I´m just trying to install the Header Tags SEO V 3.0. Everything fine untill I have to find and replace in the index.php file. Most of the code parts are not in my file. I guess is cos I my shop is based on a template...

For example, this is the first part of the code I do not have:

FIND (Around line 78)

<td class="pageHeading"><?php echo HEADING_TITLE; ?></td>

<td class="pageHeading" align="right"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $category['categories_image'], $category['categories_name'], HEADING_IMAGE_WIDTH, HEADING_IMAGE_HEIGHT); ?></td>

</tr>

Instead of it, I have this about line 78:

$category = tep_db_fetch_array($category_query);

?>

<td width="100%" class="col_center">

<? tep_draw_heading_top();?>

<? new contentBoxHeading_ProdNew($info_box_contents);?>

<? tep_draw_heading_top_1();?>

<table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" align="center" class="box_width_cont product">

<tr>

<?php

if (isset($cPath) && strpos('_', $cPath)) {

// check to see if there are deeper categories within the current category

$category_links = array_reverse($cPath_array);

for($i=0, $n=sizeof($category_links); $i<$n; $i++) {

$categories_query = tep_db_query("select count(*) as total from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where c.parent_id = '" . (int)$category_links[$i] . "' and c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");

$categories = tep_db_fetch_array($categories_query);

if ($categories['total'] < 1) {

// do nothing, go through the loop

I would love to have this contribution installed. But I wonder if is possible...I would appreciate a lot if someone could tell me what can I do.

Thanks a million

In case someone was looking for a solution:

sort_2a | page_1 etc is generated in the includes/classes/preventDuplicates.php class you are using

along with this contribution IF you installed SEO Urls contribution and perhaps in other cases too.

Obviously this has little to do with 'Header Tags SEO' contribution.

Look here: http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=314234 for the support for

'preventDuplicates' contribution and ways to combat the aforementioned ghastly topic prefix ;P

Cheers,

Matt

I just realized, seaching in the forum, that is going to be hard to modify the template.

I am going to find another option. It´s a shame since everybody recomends this contribution as being the best one...Anyway I will use it for some other shops not based on template.

Thanks anyway

NAIS, don't stick to line numbering. Find in your index.php a section that is responsible for displaying the page heading (in the text, not the header/title)) Most probably it will feature a constant HEADING_TITLE. Once found, place it inside a <h1> </h1> tag and you are done. This modification is not essential for this contrib to run. It's important for it to run efficiently. And yes. This contrib is the best one.

Actually, I tried. But there is not "HEADING_TITLE" in the whole file. In fact, the only place where I find "title" is just at the beganing:

<title><?php echo TITLE; ?></title>

<base href="<?php echo (($request_type == 'SSL') ? HTTPS_SERVER : HTTP_SERVER) . DIR_WS_CATALOG; ?>">

The rest of the code do not show anything that makes me thinks is related to it.

As you said, maybe this contribution will still work without changing the rest of the index.php. do you think it would work just if replace the first part?

I mean, there are 6 changes to be done in the index.php file. I can only do 1 of the 6. I guess this changes are indispensible in order for the contrubution to work weel, rigth?

In case I am not able to do it, do you recomend any alternative contribution? I only have 30 products in this shop, so I guess there should be some other contribution to do it manually...

Any idea?

That usually only occurs if the site is using STS and the installation was done incorrectly, or if you already had a version of Header Tags or Articles Manager installed and didn't change the code in the application_top file.

Jack

Can you clarify whow to correct the error, as I am struggluing to correct it and have spent a few hours, trying to fix and another few just to find this thread.http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=298099&view=findpost&p=1361492 post 2064

Since then found this:- by changing (in file /catalog/includes/modules/sts_inc/headertags.php)

require(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'header_tags.php');

to

require_once(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'header_tags.php');

seems to allow it to work

Thanks

Johnny

Edited by johnnybebad

Getting better with mods but no programmer am I.

Actually, I tried. But there is not "HEADING_TITLE" in the whole file. In fact, the only place where I find "title" is just at the beganing:

The rest of the code do not show anything that makes me thinks is related to it.

As you said, maybe this contribution will still work without changing the rest of the index.php. do you think it would work just if replace the first part?

I mean, there are 6 changes to be done in the index.php file. I can only do 1 of the 6. I guess this changes are indispensible in order for the contrubution to work weel, rigth?

Your template has altered the format of the file. Header Tags can still be fully installed but it is more difficult and not something that can be handled in a thread like this. You can skip the changes to the index.php file, except for the one in the head section but you will lose the categories description option.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi SJC

Yeah, that's confusing since I don't get the sort_Na, page_N, language_LC with STS turned off.

However, it seems as if STS only catches the output of HT SEO.

in STS $headertags is part of $headcontent and as far as I know $headertags is only a caption of the output from header_tags.php

I will reinstall HT SEO and try to get a better understanding of the code while doing so.

If I don't solve the problem this time I will give HT 4 Novices a chance.

I will keep you posted on any progress

Cheers

Jascha

Hi Jascha,

I think we have different problems with the same result, or maybe a similar problem. I dont have STS.

This just gets more confusing.

sjc

Hi Jascha,

I think we have different problems with the same result, or maybe a similar problem. I dont have STS.

This just gets more confusing.

sjc

SJC, I suppose that you have Google Duplicate Content Manager installed.

Jack, I am sorry for wasting your time. You where right the whole time!

Though, I found why I get the extra titles with STS switched on but not if it was switched off.

in catalog/includes/modules/sts_includes/headertags.php it says

if ( file_exists(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header_tags.php') ) {
require(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'header_tags.php');
ob_start();	
require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header_tags.php');
$preventDuplicates->checkTarget(ob_get_clean());
echo $preventDuplicates->finalMeta . "\udesn";
 }

whilst in catalog/index.php and catalog/product_info.php it says

}

the extra code in catalog/includes/modules/sts_includes/headertags.php is part of Google Duplicate Content Manager and my "problem" happens to be one of it's features

See http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=314234 for details

Jack, I don't know what to say, I feel like a dumbass <_<

jack, great modification :)

My problem is that I am using a custom template and they seem to have altered index.php :(

I think this is the same issue as a previous poster above mentioned but

FIND (Around line 78)

<td class="pageHeading"><?php echo HEADING_TITLE; ?></td>

<td class="pageHeading" align="right"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $category['categories_image'], $category['categories_name'], HEADING_IMAGE_WIDTH, HEADING_IMAGE_HEIGHT); ?></td>

</tr>

Is nowhere to be found.

have you got any idea what I need to do to get this working??

All help appreciated.....

<?php

/*

$Id: index.php 1739 2007-12-20 00:52:16Z hpdl $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions

http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright © 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License

*/

require('includes/application_top.php');

$page_query = tep_db_query("select

p.pages_id,

p.sort_order,

p.status,

s.pages_title,

s.pages_html_text

from

" . TABLE_PAGES . " p LEFT JOIN " .TABLE_PAGES_DESCRIPTION . " s on p.pages_id = s.pages_id

where

p.status = 1

and

s.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'

and

p.page_type = 1");

$page_check = tep_db_fetch_array($page_query);

$pagetext=stripslashes($page_check[pages_html_text]);

// the following cPath references come from application_top.php

$category_depth = 'top';

if (isset($cPath) && tep_not_null($cPath)) {

$categories_products_query = tep_db_query("select count(*) as total from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " where categories_id = '" .

(int)$current_category_id . "'");

$cateqories_products = tep_db_fetch_array($categories_products_query);

if ($cateqories_products['total'] > 0) {

$category_depth = 'products'; // display products

} else {

$category_parent_query = tep_db_query("select count(*) as total from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " where parent_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "'");

$category_parent = tep_db_fetch_array($category_parent_query);

if ($category_parent['total'] > 0) {

$category_depth = 'nested'; // navigate through the categories

} else {

$category_depth = 'products'; // category has no products, but display the 'no products' message

}

}

}

require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/' . FILENAME_DEFAULT);

?>

<!doctype html public "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">

<html <?php echo HTML_PARAMS; ?>>

<head>

<?php

/*** Begin Header Tags SEO ***/

} else {

?>

<?php

}

/*** End Header Tags SEO ***/

?>

<base href="<?php echo (($request_type == 'SSL') ? HTTPS_SERVER : HTTP_SERVER) . DIR_WS_CATALOG; ?>">

<script type="text/javascript" src="iepngfix_tilebg.js"></script>

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="stylesheet.css">

<style type="text/css">

.ie6_png {behavior: url("iepngfix.htc") }

.ie6_png img {behavior: url("iepngfix.htc") }

</style>

</head>

<body>

<!-- header //-->

<?php $tab_sel = 2; ?>

<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header.php'); ?>

<!-- header_eof //-->

<!-- body //-->

<table border="0" class="<?php echo MAIN_TABLE; ?>" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

<tr>

<td class="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH_TD_LEFT; ?>"><table border="0" class="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH_LEFT; ?>" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

<!-- left_navigation //-->

<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'column_left.php'); ?>

<!-- left_navigation_eof //-->

</table></td>

<!-- body_text //-->

<?php

if ($category_depth == 'nested') {

/*** Begin Header Tags SEO ***/

$category_query = tep_db_query("select cd.categories_name, c.categories_image, cd.categories_htc_title_tag, cd.categories_htc_description from " .

TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where c.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' and cd.categories_id = '" .

(int)$current_category_id . "' and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");

/*** end Header Tags SEO ***/

$category = tep_db_fetch_array($category_query);

?>

<td class="<?php echo CONTENT_WIDTH_TD; ?>"><?php echo panel_top(); ?>

<?php echo tep_draw_top();?>

<?php new contentBoxHeading_ProdNew($info_box_contents);?>

<?php echo tep_draw1_top();?>

<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" class="main">

<tr>

<?php

if (isset($cPath) && strpos('_', $cPath)) {

// check to see if there are deeper categories within the current category

$category_links = array_reverse($cPath_array);

for($i=0, $n=sizeof($category_links); $i<$n; $i++) {

$categories_query = tep_db_query("select count(*) as total from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where c.parent_id

= '" . (int)$category_links[$i] . "' and c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");

$categories = tep_db_fetch_array($categories_query);

if ($categories['total'] < 1) {

// do nothing, go through the loop

} else {

$categories_query = tep_db_query("select c.categories_id, cd.categories_name, c.categories_image, c.parent_id from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " .

TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where c.parent_id = '" . (int)$category_links[$i] . "' and c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and cd.language_id = '" .

(int)$languages_id . "' order by sort_order, cd.categories_name");

break; // we've found the deepest category the customer is in

}

}

} else {

$categories_query = tep_db_query("select c.categories_id, cd.categories_name, c.categories_image, c.parent_id from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " .

TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where c.parent_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' and c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and cd.language_id = '" .

(int)$languages_id . "' order by sort_order, cd.categories_name");

}

$number_of_categories = tep_db_num_rows($categories_query);

$rows = 0;

while ($categories = tep_db_fetch_array($categories_query)) {

$rows++;

$cPath_new = tep_get_path($categories['categories_id']);

$p_pic_sub = '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, $cPath_new) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $categories['categories_image'],

$categories['categories_name'], SUBCATEGORY_IMAGE_WIDTH, SUBCATEGORY_IMAGE_HEIGHT) . '</a>';

$p_name_sub = '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, $cPath_new) . '">' . $categories['categories_name'] . '</a>';

$width = (int)(100 / MAX_DISPLAY_CATEGORIES_PER_ROW) . '%';

echo '<td align="center" width="' . $width . '">'.tep_draw_prod2_top().'

<div align="center" class="pic3_padd">'.tep_draw_prod_pic_top().''.$p_pic_sub.''.tep_draw_prod_pic_bottom().'</div>

<div align="center" class="name name2_padd">'.$p_name_sub.'</div>

'.tep_draw_prod2_bottom().'

</td>'."\n";

if ($col!=(MAX_DISPLAY_CATEGORIES_PER_ROW-1)){

echo '

<td class="padd3_vv prod_line_y">'.tep_draw_separator('spacer.gif', '1', '1').'</td>

';

}else{

if ((($rows / MAX_DISPLAY_CATEGORIES_PER_ROW) == floor($rows / MAX_DISPLAY_CATEGORIES_PER_ROW)) && ($rows != $number_of_categories)) {

echo '

</tr><tr><td class="prod_line_x" colspan="'.(MAX_DISPLAY_CATEGORIES_PER_ROW + MAX_DISPLAY_CATEGORIES_PER_ROW

-1).'">'.tep_draw_separator('spacer.gif', '1', '15').'</td></tr>' . "\n";

echo '<tr>' . "\n";

}

}

if ($col==MAX_DISPLAY_CATEGORIES_PER_ROW-1){

$col=0;

}else{

$col++;

}

}

// needed for the new products module shown below

$new_products_category_id = $current_category_id;

?>

</tr>

</table>

<?php echo tep_draw1_bottom();?>

<?php /* echo tep_draw_bottom(); */?>

<?php /* echo tep_draw_top(); */?>

<?php new contentBoxHeading_WHATS_NEW($info_box_contents, true, false);?>

<?php echo tep_draw3_top();?>

<?php include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_NEW_PRODUCTS); ?>

<?php echo tep_draw3_bottom();?>

<?php echo tep_draw_bottom();?>

</td>

<?php

} elseif ($category_depth == 'products' || isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'])) {

// create column list

$define_list = array('PRODUCT_LIST_MODEL' => PRODUCT_LIST_MODEL,

'PRODUCT_LIST_NAME' => PRODUCT_LIST_NAME,

'PRODUCT_LIST_MANUFACTURER' => PRODUCT_LIST_MANUFACTURER,

'PRODUCT_LIST_PRICE' => PRODUCT_LIST_PRICE,

'PRODUCT_LIST_QUANTITY' => PRODUCT_LIST_QUANTITY,

'PRODUCT_LIST_WEIGHT' => PRODUCT_LIST_WEIGHT,

'PRODUCT_LIST_IMAGE' => PRODUCT_LIST_IMAGE,

'PRODUCT_LIST_BUY_NOW' => PRODUCT_LIST_BUY_NOW);

asort($define_list);

$column_list = array();

reset($define_list);

while (list($key, $value) = each($define_list)) {

if ($value > 0) $column_list[] = $key;

}

$select_column_list = '';

for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($column_list); $i<$n; $i++) {

switch ($column_list[$i]) {

case 'PRODUCT_LIST_MODEL':

$select_column_list .= 'p.products_model, ';

break;

case 'PRODUCT_LIST_NAME':

$select_column_list .= 'pd.products_name, ';

break;

case 'PRODUCT_LIST_MANUFACTURER':

$select_column_list .= 'm.manufacturers_name, ';

break;

case 'PRODUCT_LIST_QUANTITY':

$select_column_list .= 'p.products_quantity, ';

break;

case 'PRODUCT_LIST_IMAGE':

$select_column_list .= 'p.products_image, ';

break;

case 'PRODUCT_LIST_WEIGHT':

$select_column_list .= 'p.products_weight, ';

break;

}

}

// show the products of a specified manufacturer

if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'])) {

if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['filter_id']) && tep_not_null($HTTP_GET_VARS['filter_id'])) {

// We are asked to show only a specific category

$listing_sql = "select " . $select_column_list . " p.products_id, p.manufacturers_id, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, IF(s.status,

s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as final_price from " .

TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd, " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . "

m, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c where p.products_status = '1' and p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id and m.manufacturers_id = '" .

(int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'] . "' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.language_id = '" .

(int)$languages_id . "' and p2c.categories_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['filter_id'] . "'";

} else {

// We show them all

$listing_sql = "select " . $select_column_list . " p.products_id, p.manufacturers_id, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, IF(s.status,

s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as final_price from " .

TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd, " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . "

m where p.products_status = '1' and pd.products_id = p.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and p.manufacturers_id =

m.manufacturers_id and m.manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'] . "'";

}

} else {

// show the products in a given categorie

if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['filter_id']) && tep_not_null($HTTP_GET_VARS['filter_id'])) {

// We are asked to show only specific catgeory

m, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c where p.products_status = '1' and p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id and m.manufacturers_id = '" .

(int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['filter_id'] . "' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id .

"' and p2c.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "'";

} else {

// We show them all

TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p left join " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m on p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id left join " .

TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id =

p2c.products_id and pd.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and p2c.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id

. "'";

}

}

if ( (!isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['sort'])) || (!ereg('^[1-8][ad]$', $HTTP_GET_VARS['sort'])) || (substr($HTTP_GET_VARS['sort'], 0, 1) > sizeof($column_list))

) {

for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($column_list); $i<$n; $i++) {

if ($column_list[$i] == 'PRODUCT_LIST_NAME') {

$HTTP_GET_VARS['sort'] = $i+1 . 'a';

$listing_sql .= " order by pd.products_name";

break;

}

}

} else {

$sort_col = substr($HTTP_GET_VARS['sort'], 0 , 1);

$sort_order = substr($HTTP_GET_VARS['sort'], 1);

switch ($column_list[$sort_col-1]) {

case 'PRODUCT_LIST_MODEL':

$listing_sql .= " order by p.products_model " . ($sort_order == 'd' ? 'desc' : '') . ", pd.products_name";

break;

case 'PRODUCT_LIST_NAME':

$listing_sql .= " order by pd.products_name " . ($sort_order == 'd' ? 'desc' : '');

break;

case 'PRODUCT_LIST_MANUFACTURER':

$listing_sql .= " order by m.manufacturers_name " . ($sort_order == 'd' ? 'desc' : '') . ", pd.products_name";

break;

case 'PRODUCT_LIST_QUANTITY':

$listing_sql .= " order by p.products_quantity " . ($sort_order == 'd' ? 'desc' : '') . ", pd.products_name";

break;

case 'PRODUCT_LIST_IMAGE':

$listing_sql .= " order by pd.products_name";

break;

case 'PRODUCT_LIST_WEIGHT':

$listing_sql .= " order by p.products_weight " . ($sort_order == 'd' ? 'desc' : '') . ", pd.products_name";

break;

case 'PRODUCT_LIST_PRICE':

$listing_sql .= " order by final_price " . ($sort_order == 'd' ? 'desc' : '') . ", pd.products_name";

break;

}

}

?>

<?php

// optional Product List Filter

if (PRODUCT_LIST_FILTER > 0) {

$filterlist_sql = "select distinct c.categories_id as id, cd.categories_name as name from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES

. " p2c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and

p2c.categories_id = c.categories_id and p2c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and p.manufacturers_id = '" .

(int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'] . "' order by cd.categories_name";

} else {

$filterlist_sql= "select distinct m.manufacturers_id as id, m.manufacturers_name as name from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " .

TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c, " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m where p.products_status = '1' and p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id and

p.products_id = p2c.products_id and p2c.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' order by m.manufacturers_name";

}

$filterlist_query = tep_db_query($filterlist_sql);

if (tep_db_num_rows($filterlist_query) > 1) {

echo tep_draw_side_top();

echo '<div align="right" class="main">' . tep_draw_form('filter', FILENAME_DEFAULT, 'get') . '<b>'.TEXT_SHOW . '</b>  ';

echo tep_draw_hidden_field('manufacturers_id', $HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id']);

$options = array(array('id' => '', 'text' => TEXT_ALL_CATEGORIES));

} else {

echo tep_draw_hidden_field('cPath', $cPath);

$options = array(array('id' => '', 'text' => TEXT_ALL_MANUFACTURERS));

}

echo tep_draw_hidden_field('sort', $HTTP_GET_VARS['sort']);

while ($filterlist = tep_db_fetch_array($filterlist_query)) {

$options[] = array('id' => $filterlist['id'], 'text' => $filterlist['name']);

}

echo tep_draw_pull_down_menu('filter_id', $options, (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['filter_id']) ? $HTTP_GET_VARS['filter_id'] : ''),

'onchange="this.form.submit()" class="select2"');

echo tep_hide_session_id() . '</form></div>' . "\n";

echo tep_draw_side_bottom();

}

}

// Get the right image for the top-right

$image = DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'table_background_list.gif';

$image = tep_db_query("select manufacturers_image from " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " where manufacturers_id = '" .

(int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'] . "'");

$image = tep_db_fetch_array($image);

$image = $image['manufacturers_image'];

} elseif ($current_category_id) {

$image = tep_db_query("select categories_image from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " where categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "'");

$image = tep_db_fetch_array($image);

$image = $image['categories_image'];

}

?>

<?php include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_PRODUCT_LISTING); ?>

</td>

<?php

} else { // default page

?>

<!-- Welcome_box_start -->

<?php /* tep_draw_heading_top(); */?>

<?php /* tep_draw_heading_top_3(); */?>

<?php /* echo tep_draw_prod_top(); */ ?>

<!-- <table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

<tr><td class="main"><?php /* echo tep_customer_greeting(); */ ?></td></tr>

<tr><td><?php /* echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '10'); */ ?></td></tr>

<tr><td class="main"><?php /* echo $pagetext; */ ?></td></tr>

</table> -->

<?php /* echo tep_draw_prod_bottom(); */ ?>

<?php /* tep_draw_heading_bottom_3(); */?>

<?php /* echo tep_draw_separate(); */ ?>

<!-- Welcome_box_end -->

<?php new contentBoxHeading_ProdNew($info_box_contents);?>

<?php echo tep_draw3_top();?>

<?php include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_NEW_PRODUCTS); ?>

<?php include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_UPCOMING_PRODUCTS); ?>

</td>

<?php

}

?>

<!-- body_text_eof //-->

<td class="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH_TD_RIGHT; ?>"><table border="0" class="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH_RIGHT; ?>" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

<!-- right_navigation //-->

<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'column_right.php'); ?>

<!-- right_navigation_eof //-->

</table></td>

</tr>

</table>

<!-- body_eof //-->

<!-- footer //-->

<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'footer.php'); ?>

<!-- footer_eof //-->

</body>

</html>

<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'application_bottom.php'); ?>

the extra code in catalog/includes/modules/sts_includes/headertags.php is part of Google Duplicate Content Manager and my "problem" happens to be one of it's features

See http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=314234 for details

Jack, I don't know what to say, I feel like a dumbass <_<

Had me to the dumbass club!

Thanks Jascha, Thanks Jack

SJC

Hello, I think I've got everything running swell.

But when I add a new product, the title in the browser window will say "products new home - (then product's name goes in here)"

I'm trying to figure out how to get rid of the "products new home - " part.

Also, when viewing some product detail pages, this will show near the bottom of the page.

"TEXT_VIEWING products new home - (product's name goes here)"

Any ideas?

Thank you, and thanks to the writer of this contribution, this will really help my site.

Jason

www.oldfoundry.com

To change the text, go to admin->Header Tags SEO->Page Control->poduct_info.php.

The TEXT_VIEWING means you missed a step in the installation instructions for that page.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I can't think of anything else other than to be sure the changes you made were actually uploaded to the server.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons