• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Header Tags SEO

Jack_mcs

The best choice is this one, in my opinion. Out of the others, you'll have to research that yourself. You can start with this thread.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Hello.

firt of all thanks a lot for this contrib so usefull!

I was wondering if it was possible to have different tag and header for the index.php and Index.php?cPath=... or other.

I mean tha the "real" index would have his own header tags and metas. and the categories would react as now.

I gess it's not that hard but as I'm not good a codding for me it's just impossible ^^.

Thanks again.

Year

Hey there,

First off thanks to Jack for this beautiful Addon.

I'm having some trouble though.

For some strange reason, every time I update the metafields through the admin panel these redundant entries keep appearing in includes/header_tags.php. I'm trying to trace through the code and figure out where it's screwing up and I was wondering if anyone might point me in the right direction.

// Copy [2] of product_info.php

case (strstr($_SERVER['PHP_SELF'],FILENAME_COPY [2] OF PRODUCT_INFO) or strstr($PHP_SELF,FILENAME_COPY [2] OF PRODUCT_INFO)):

$header_tags_array = tep_header_tag_page(FILENAME_COPY [2] OF PRODUCT_INFO);

break;

case (strstr($_SERVER['PHP_SELF'],FILENAME_COPY [2] OF PRODUCT_INFO) or strstr($PHP_SELF,FILENAME_COPY [2] OF PRODUCT_INFO)):

break;

break;

Thanks!

Best Regards,

Thomas

Never mind, I figured it out. Somehow a redundant file had creeped into my catalog directory.

Thanks again for this beautiful addon.

Regards,

Thomas

Hey there,

First off thanks to Jack for this beautiful Addon.

I'm having some trouble though.

For some strange reason, every time I update the metafields through the admin panel these redundant entries keep appearing in includes/header_tags.php. I'm trying to trace through the code and figure out where it's screwing up and I was wondering if anyone might point me in the right direction.

break;

break;

break;

Thanks!

Best Regards,

Thomas

I have version Header Tags SEO 3.04 installed on MS2 060817 update.

On the right hand side of the admin panel, I uploaded a picture to a category, but now cannot find a way to remove it. If I delete the photo on the server, an empty box still appears where the photo should be displayed.

1. How do i get rid of these 'category' photos?

2. Will upgrading to 3.10 solve my problem?

Roger

Header Tags doesn't do anything with an image. If that function worked before, then you've made a mistake in the installation for the admin/categories.php file. See previous discussion of this in the last few pages or read the install troubleshooting secton.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Header Tags doesn't do anything with an image. If that function worked before, then you've made a mistake in the installation for the admin/categories.php file. See previous discussion of this in the last few pages or read the install troubleshooting secton.

Jack

Thanks Jack. Really appreciate your help. You helped narrow the search dramatically. Ended up removing the category images from the database directly, then in Admin panel, turned 'images required' to false. That solved. it.

Is there a reason my manufacturers page includes my index.php title. Is there a way to remove this option? Or is this a faulty installation on my end? For instance my manufacturer page title reads Index Page Title - Manufacturer Name - Default Tags Title. I am trying to just show Manufacturer Name - Default Tags Title. Reason being I have a multi word extended Index Page Title and would rather not have 10 more pages starting the exact same title as my index.

Nic

Hi,

I have installed this fantastic contribution and everything seems to be working great. My question is is there a way to stop showing the sort when viewing multi pages of products? For example if someone wants to view page 2 of a list of products "sort_3a | page_2 |" is listed at the start of the title and meta tags.

Thanks

Scott

I have just installed this contrib, but I'm having an issue. Just prior to this one, I installed SEO Url's 2.1d, and that was working great. I did the database update for this one without a problem, then went through the catalog installation portion as precisely as I could, twice. But now when I go to my homepage, here is what I get:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_header_tag_page() (previously declared in /home1/kurvyass/public_html/includes/functions/header_tags.php:15) in /home1/kurvyass/public_html/includes/functions/header_tags.php on line 50

The includes/functions/header_tags.php file I just copied from the contrib, it's not one i've edited. Has anyone seen this before or know what I can do to correct it? Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

p.s. the site is www.kurvyassets.com

Hi,

I have installed this fantastic contribution and everything seems to be working great. My question is is there a way to stop showing the sort when viewing multi pages of products? For example if someone wants to view page 2 of a list of products "sort_3a | page_2 |" is listed at the start of the title and meta tags.

Thanks

Scott

This contribution doesn't have any control over the url's.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I have just installed this contrib, but I'm having an issue. Just prior to this one, I installed SEO Url's 2.1d, and that was working great. I did the database update for this one without a problem, then went through the catalog installation portion as precisely as I could, twice. But now when I go to my homepage, here is what I get:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_header_tag_page() (previously declared in /home1/kurvyass/public_html/includes/functions/header_tags.php:15) in /home1/kurvyass/public_html/includes/functions/header_tags.php on line 50

The includes/functions/header_tags.php file I just copied from the contrib, it's not one i've edited. Has anyone seen this before or know what I can do to correct it? Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

p.s. the site is www.kurvyassets.com

That usually only occurs if the site is using STS and the installation was done incorrectly, or if you already had a version of Header Tags or Articles Manager installed and didn't change the code in the application_top file.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

That usually only occurs if the site is using STS and the installation was done incorrectly, or if you already had a version of Header Tags or Articles Manager installed and didn't change the code in the application_top file.

Jack

I am using STS. I'll try to restore from my backup and install again. Thanks for the follow up.

I am using STS. I'll try to restore from my backup and install again. Thanks for the follow up.

I had this problem myself and it turned out to be white space after the "?>" on the pages. This means there are line numbers after the last "?>" on the page with no code. This may not be your problem and if anyone can figure it out, it's Jack

Edited by rickeyl

This contribution doesn't have any control over the url's.

Jack

Hi Jack,

Thanks for the quick response. I'm not reffering to the urls, "sort_3a | page_2 |" shows at the start of the page title and the meta name="description" and <meta name="keywords"

If you need a link let me know.

Scott

You need to adjust the checkbox settings for index.php in Page Control.

Jack

Thank you. I have manufacturer, product, and category box selected on index.php. Root is not selected, yet it automatically lists the index title before the manufacturer name on the manufacturer page. This does not occur on the category or product pages. When I select root on the page control for index.php, the index title inserts into all pages as expected. Unfortunately, it does not seem to come off of the manufacturer pages. That is why I though it might be an improper install.

Hi Jack,

Thanks for the quick response. I'm not reffering to the urls, "sort_3a | page_2 |" shows at the start of the page title and the meta name="description" and <meta name="keywords"

If you need a link let me know.

Scott

Yes, that would help since I don't know what you are referring to otherwise.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Thank you. I have manufacturer, product, and category box selected on index.php. Root is not selected, yet it automatically lists the index title before the manufacturer name on the manufacturer page. This does not occur on the category or product pages. When I select root on the page control for index.php, the index title inserts into all pages as expected. Unfortunately, it does not seem to come off of the manufacturer pages. That is why I though it might be an improper install.

I see what you mean. I can reproduce it here. I'll take a look at that and post a reply once I do.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi all,

I have managed to get articles manager working with another great contribution called header tag seo. However I have come across 1 issue that is really beginning to bug me :angry:

The problem is that when I add a pseudo page as follows, header tagseo cannot find it:

http://mywebsite.com/articles_tpath-3.html

I am aware that you need to use the option add pseudo page and then add the page without the website.

Regards. Peter.

I have built an online store solely with the help of this forum.

Well, I think my issue is different than I've seen addressed here, and am convinced its a simple oversight on my part. I've spent a couple of days trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong but to no avail. It appears I've gotten things basically installed ok, catalog and admin changes seem to be working ok, but for the life of me I can't brinig up a window as shown in the screen shots. I get this when I click on the Headertags_seo:

tacerheadertags_seo.jpg

Soooo, what am I missing here? I uploaded all of the files manually except for the "database" files, and the "social" files, is that my mistake?

I don't see an error on the page so I can't guess what the error may be. However, I notice there's no link to the Header Tags section so you missed at least one step in the installation process.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack, thanks for the reply.

Under Admin > Configuration is the link to Header Tags SEO, when I click on that link it brings up the window I've shown below. Should that link bring up the control panel shown in the screen shots instead of what I am seeing?