• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Header Tags SEO

Jack_mcs

I have been changing my files with header tag seo and noticed that for some reason although I can make amendments to the following file:

http://mysite.com/index.php?cPath=62&page=1&sort=2d

when you view that link the link name still stays the same although the discription etc have been amended. If it helps you get that path when clicking on the product or price options ( price option url has differnet number).

Regards. Peter. :huh:

I have built an online store solely with the help of this forum.

I have been changing my files with header tag seo and noticed that for some reason although I can make amendments to the following file:

http://mysite.com/index.php?cPath=62&page=1&sort=2d

That isn't a file. It is part of the index.php file. You need to make the changes to it.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

That isn't a file. It is part of the index.php file. You need to make the changes to it.

Jack

Thanks for the prompt reply Jack,

I have actually added a different discription to index.php and that page does actually display alright. Can you please advice how to amend the above link as I am stuck.

Kind Regards. Peter.

Thanks for the prompt reply Jack,

I have actually added a different discription to index.php and that page does actually display alright. Can you please advice how to amend the above link as I am stuck.

Kind Regards. Peter.

The settings for that link are the same as for the index.php entry in Page Control since it is all handled by that file. You need to set the options, like Category and Root for that page to control what is displayed.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Can you use ITEMNAME also on page control on the Default Tags ?

I want the name of the product default for all the products.

Thx,

Hans

No, that is just used as a special option in Fill Tags. But the product name is already filled in for each product when the normal Fill Tags is ran. Is that not what you want?

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack

Exellent contrib, it took a while checking over and over but got there in the end.

My only problem !! all 4 HTC input boxes show up in admin, within catagories & products all can be entered & saved, all show up within the meta etc. the category description is visable.

if we open a subcategory with only products(product Listing) we do not get the category description,

I've trawled the forum but no joy. Can you give me any pointers !!

many thanks Neil

This is the support thread for Header Tags SEO, not header Tags Controller. If you meant the former, then the problem is in the admin/categories.php file. See earlier posts here or the troubleshooting section in the install file for how to fix that.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

This is the support thread for Header Tags SEO, not header Tags Controller. If you meant the former, then the problem is in the admin/categories.php file. See earlier posts here or the troubleshooting section in the install file for how to fix that.

Jack

Thanks Jack

It's header tags seo, spent so long looking at the tree's, can you point me closer.

Many thanks again

Hi Jack,

I followed each step & rechecked as I went, with my adapted categories.php file I have no errors on the test, everything else with the contrib is perfect ! compared the "raw RC2 category.php" with my adapted and apart from the additions of 2 other contributions Indvship & country based shipping all appeard ok.

Uploaded the raw RC2 file, ran through test again every thing ok no problems, everything works, except for the original problem, the category description will not show.

On checking further Jack I have found that any product added to a category that has sub categories creates the same problem, so now I,m totaly lost what started as a minor bug bear.. if this is something being created from our installation your comments would be appreciated.

Thanks

Neil

When you click on admin->Catalog, everything adter that point is controlled by the categories.php file. So if some part of it is not working, that file is at fault. Take the one in the archive that is compatible with your version and upload it. If it works, then you need to make changes to it until it matches your orignal file. This is covered in the install file. There isn't anything else to it. The only exception would be if you have the Categories Description contribution installed. That overrides the Header Tags code in that file so the fields wouldn't show.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

When you click on admin->Catalog, everything adter that point is controlled by the categories.php file. So if some part of it is not working, that file is at fault. Take the one in the archive that is compatible with your version and upload it. If it works, then you need to make changes to it until it matches your orignal file. This is covered in the install file. There isn't anything else to it. The only exception would be if you have the Categories Description contribution installed. That overrides the Header Tags code in that file so the fields wouldn't show.

Jack

Thank you for your time Jack, I will go through it all again, but being a 64 year old, still trying to grasp the sinclaire x1 spectrum, and not being able to comprehend anything I can not see in black & white it may be a while I'll try to remember to keep you informed.

regards

neil

The settings for that link are the same as for the index.php entry in Page Control since it is all handled by that file. You need to set the options, like Category and Root for that page to control what is displayed.

Jack

Hi Jack,

Maybe I am getting confused here in my understanding of what header tag seo actually does.

I have read your advice and removed all the check boxes on the page control page for index.php but I still get the urls below:

http://mysite.com/index.php?cPath=65&page=1&sort=2d

above appears when I click on product within the product itslef

and

http://mysite.com/index.php?cPath=65&page=1&sort=3a

when I click on the price for the product.

all my products display the same url when you click on the links with the page for product and price, although the url looks okay if you do not click on them ( hope that makes sense)

Regards. Peter.

ok after i installed header tags seo install file to my database and i started to do the file changes and i was noticing that some of the things i was supposed to replace i didnt even have in my index.php. Is that common?

for example: i was suppose to replace this

<td class="pageHeading"><?php echo HEADING_TITLE; ?></td>

<td class="pageHeading" align="right"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $category['categories_image'], $category['categories_name'], HEADING_IMAGE_WIDTH, HEADING_IMAGE_HEIGHT); ?></td>

</tr>

but i didnt have it in my index.php what am i supposed to do?

It's probably been removed by your template. There's nothing you can do other than figure out how to add it back in or run without it. There's no way to offer support for it here since the code is templates vary so greatly.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Header Tags does not have any affect on the urls at all.

Jack

Thanks again for the prompt reply Jack,

I am very sorry but I do not know who to ask, could you possibly point me in the right direction to resolve this issue?

Regards. Peter.

so should i contact my template provider or just try some trial and error?

It's unlikely the template maker will help, at least not for free.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Thanks again for the prompt reply Jack,

I am very sorry but I do not know who to ask, could you possibly point me in the right direction to resolve this issue?

Regards. Peter.

If you want to change your urls, you need to install a url rewriter contribution. If you haven't, you can change them. Questions like this, ones where you don't know for sure what to ask, should be asked in the general forum.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

The other meta tags contributions just make changes to the titles and meta tags, as far as I know. So they would work for your template. Of course, you give up the added benefits of this one.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons