sortorder_category tinyint(2) default 0 NOT NULL,
 sortorder_manufacturer tinyint(2) default 0 NOT NULL,
 sortorder_product tinyint(2) default 10 NOT NULL,
 sortorder_root tinyint(2) default 1 NOT NULL,
 language_id int DEFAULT '1' NOT NULL
) TYPE=MyISAM;

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

OK...I started over with the index page, followed the install instructions, and now I have products appearing again. By cracky, I think I've got it now. I was having some trouble getting the tags to show up, but I think I have that sorted now. Thanks, Jack, for being so patient with me, and for providing all these awesome stuffs for us newbs. I think Ultimate SEO URLs is going to be next on my list, hopefully I won't need to ask 437 questions on that one. ;)

Namasté,

Russ

One: people are not wearing enough hats. Two: matter is energy. In the universe, there are many energy fields which we cannot normally perceive. Some energies have a spiritual source which act upon a person's soul. However, this soul does not exist ab initio, as orthodox Christianity teaches. It has to be brought into existence by a process of guided self-observation. However, this is rarely achieved, owing to man's unique ability to be distracted from spiritual matters by everyday trivia.

OK...I started over with the index page, followed the install instructions, and now I have products appearing again. By cracky, I think I've got it now. I was having some trouble getting the tags to show up, but I think I have that sorted now. Thanks, Jack, for being so patient with me, and for providing all these awesome stuffs for us newbs. I think Ultimate SEO URLs is going to be next on my list, hopefully I won't need to ask 437 questions on that one. ;)

Namasté,

Russ

When Ultimate SEO is installed after Header Tags, it removes the Header Tags settings in the configuration section. See earlier posts on how to fix that.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Be sure the Manufacturer option is enabled in Page Control for the index page.

Jack

Hi Jack

Problem solved. Many thanks.

I have just met another snag. I've been busy setting everything up and it all seemed to be OK.

I used the "Fill all Tags" in Fill Tags and it works OK. "Clear all Tags" also works OK.

However. when I try to use the Keywords Override" option in Fill Tags for my products, the update hangs for about 25 seconds and then I get a time out and "Internet Explorer cannot display the web page" error.

Is this a server problem or an error I've made in installing your contribution?

If after "Clearing all Tags" and then "Filling all Tags" with the Keywords Override option selected and getting the error, I then select Page Control I will get an error reported like:

Found Missing Tags:

Products table has 175 items with missing meta tag information.

Each time I clear and fill tags then the number of items with missing tags will often vary. There are 231 items in total.

Any ideas?

Many Thanks

Peter

The Fill from pages option will time out if there are a lot of products and/or the server is slow. The only way around that is to use the individual option in Page Control. When you clear the tags, then there will be empty ones so the error message will appear. If you fill them and the fill fails, it will not necessairly fail on the same items so the count will most likely vary. You can check the items that are missing with the option in Fill Tags if you think they are not empty.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi,

I believe I have everything installed & working properly, but I am getting a huge gap on my index page, and in subcategories it looks like the header tags are on the same line as my subcategories banner, causing my page to be too wide.Here Is My Website. If anyone knows how to fix it I would be very thankful.

The Fill from pages option will time out if there are a lot of products and/or the server is slow. The only way around that is to use the individual option in Page Control. When you clear the tags, then there will be empty ones so the error message will appear. If you fill them and the fill fails, it will not necessairly fail on the same items so the count will most likely vary. You can check the items that are missing with the option in Fill Tags if you think they are not empty.

Jack

Good Morning Jack

To use the individual option in Page Control would mean that all products in the catalog would have the same keywords I believe. This wouldn't be of much merit.

I hit on the idea of just repeatedly selecting Keywords Override and Fill Empty Tags for products only and sure enough the missing items count decrements until eventually it is zero. Thinking that I had solved the problem I then checked View Source for a number of products but there were absolutely no keywords added to the Keyword Header Tag.

Any ideas?

Of course I could go through each and every product item in the catalog and manually insert keywords but this would be a very time consuming task and not really acceptable. I have already written the product descriptions to incorporate keywords and the ability to automatically fill keywords from the description would be fantastic.

On another subject is there any real advantage in having the Display Column Box in the product listings active? It is only repeating what is also in the listing. By the way is this box meant to have a title? Mine doesn't.

By the way in which part of the world are you? I am in Scarborough, England.

Many Thanks

Peter

Hi,

I believe I have everything installed & working properly, but I am getting a huge gap on my index page, and in subcategories it looks like the header tags are on the same line as my subcategories banner, causing my page to be too wide.Here Is My Website. If anyone knows how to fix it I would be very thankful.

Header Tags dosn't change the home page part of the index page so that problem must have been there before or a mistake was made with the changes for that file.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Good Morning Jack

To use the individual option in Page Control would mean that all products in the catalog would have the same keywords I believe. This wouldn't be of much merit.

There is an option in Page Control to create the keywords from the page. See the radio button at the end of the keywords box.

I hit on the idea of just repeatedly selecting Keywords Override and Fill Empty Tags for products only and sure enough the missing items count decrements until eventually it is zero. Thinking that I had solved the problem I then checked View Source for a number of products but there were absolutely no keywords added to the Keyword Header Tag.

Any ideas?

The code can't always figure out the keywords from a page, especially if the keyword density setting in the settings is too high.

On another subject is there any real advantage in having the Display Column Box in the product listings active? It is only repeating what is also in the listing. By the way is this box meant to have a title? Mine doesn't.

It provides a link to the product and,usually, text with the keyword in it. These are both helpful with the search engines since they don't identify them as being on the same page. The title may or may not show, depending upon your infoboxes and the text in the title.

By the way in which part of the world are you? I am in Scarborough, England.

Michigan - US.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

There is an option in Page Control to create the keywords from the page. See the radio button at the end of the keywords box.

The code can't always figure out the keywords from a page, especially if the keyword density setting in the settings is too high.

It provides a link to the product and,usually, text with the keyword in it. These are both helpful with the search engines since they don't identify them as being on the same page. The title may or may not show, depending upon your infoboxes and the text in the title.

Michigan - US.

Jack

Thanks Jack

I will experiment further.

Don't you go to bed? Its noon here so it must be early for you.

Best Regards

Peter

Yes they are filled in. Where exactly then should I see the effects of adding the manufacturers meta tag(s)?

When I view source on my pages I do not see mention of the manufacturers unless I physically add it in the product page as part of the product tags. But yet the categories show on the different pages. :(

I will do the update as you recommend. ;)

I figured it would be best to find where my current problems are and possibly fix them before updating. Just in case it has anything to do with haking around the categories description contrib.

Thank you Jack for coming to my aid once again.

Jim - Did you find your manufacturers' meta tags? Please let me know what you did. I cannot find mine. Jack, if you have an answer, I would sure appreciate. I've looked all over for an answer. Don't know what I'm doing wrong. Thanks! Michele

Jim - Did you find your manufacturers' meta tags? Please let me know what you did. I cannot find mine. Jack, if you have an answer, I would sure appreciate. I've looked all over for an answer. Don't know what I'm doing wrong. Thanks! Michele
Try going into the manufacturers section in admin and setting the tags manually. If they still don't show up, then there is most likely a problem on the shop site in index.php unless you don't have the manufacurers option checked in Page Control for that page.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

You shouldn't be seeing TABLE_HEADING_MANUFACTURERS. That means there is a mistake in your files. The admin/includes/database_tables.php file is missing an entry. You'll need to fix that before Header Tags will work.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Michigan - US.

Jack

Hi Jack

Using the option in Page Control creates keywords OK. However as I thought they are the same keywords for every product page.

By the way the keywords will only appear in my header tags if I have the Root option selected in Page Control. If I don't have Root enabled then the keywords do not appear.

Even setting the keyword density very low in the Keyword Override in Fill Tags doesnt show any keywords whatsoever.

Do you think I may have a coding error. If so where should I look?

What is the merit in Fill Tags to using the Description Override feature? Is there any down side in using this feature?

Best Regards

Peter

The TABLE_HEADING_MANUFACTURERS isn't displayed on my site - that's what's showing in the admin under Catalog, Manufacturers. I double checked the file with 2.2rc2a and of course, the new addons also. Nothing appears to be missing. Any other ideas? Michele
You'll need to post this question in the general forum since it isn't Header Tags related. But, to correct what I said, that definition is in the admin/inldudes/languages/english/manufacturers.php file.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Bingo! Nothing was in the manufacturer.php file under: admin/includes/language/English/manufacturer.php So, I recitified and that solved the heading problem, but tag information isn't displaying when I enter in admin, catalog, manufacturers. What file can I go in and enter tag info manually? I sure appreciate all your help, Jack. Michele

Hi Jack

Using the option in Page Control creates keywords OK. However as I thought they are the same keywords for every product page.

By the way the keywords will only appear in my header tags if I have the Root option selected in Page Control. If I don't have Root enabled then the keywords do not appear.

Even setting the keyword density very low in the Keyword Override in Fill Tags doesnt show any keywords whatsoever.

Do you think I may have a coding error. If so where should I look?

What is the merit in Fill Tags to using the Description Override feature? Is there any down side in using this feature?

Best Regards

Peter

The Fill Tags using Description will create the tags from the description meta tags text. That is probably not what you want though. But if you are looking to fill the tags with specific keywords from the text on the page, that isn't possible. The code will try to find the keywords to use but it doesn't mean they will be what you want. The end result is that they would all have to be edited.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack,

I'm not sure if this has been talked about yet, if so, I am sorry.

Anyway, I had this working fine for a while then moved servers. After I moved it to another server one of the sites it is on quit displaying all of the information correctly. It's on 4 sites but only 1 received the problem after the move. The problem is when I load a page to edit the tags it shows me what is suppose to be there (title, description, keywords) and it's right BUT when I click view result it only gets the title. The description and keywords are blank. I had a problem similar to this before where it was grabbing the default title... but this is grabbing the actual title its suppose to and leaving behind the description and keywords.

Thanks in advance for any help possible

Someone else mentioned this but I don't know if that person ever found the problem (you can read back to find it). It might be related to the version of your php/mysql on the new server but I think it unlikely. Maybe the database got corrupted somehow. You can try uninstalling the Header Tags database changes and installing again (that will erase all Header Tags data) and replacing the includes/header_tags.php file.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Bingo! Nothing was in the manufacturer.php file under: admin/includes/language/English/manufacturer.php So, I recitified and that solved the heading problem, but tag information isn't displaying when I enter in admin, catalog, manufacturers. What file can I go in and enter tag info manually? I sure appreciate all your help, Jack. Michele

Hi, it's me again and feeling really run down. I've looked all over to find answers and am ready to give up. I still can't find the file to add manufacturer tags manually. Admin asks for URL and I plugged in the URL listed for the manufacturer, but nothing. Any suggestions, Jack? Anyone, anyone? :blink:

You can add them manually in admin->Catalog->Manufacturers. If you don't see the Header Tags fields there, then you made a mistake with the installation.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons