• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Header Tags SEO

Jack_mcs

(Already posted as new topic - sorry for that, but I'm new in this community)

Hi,

first, when I went to Header Tags SEO in the admin section I received only this error message:

Warning: opendir(/html/) [function.opendir]: failed to open dir: No such file or directory in /home/www/nc1675/html/admin/includes/functions/header_tags.php on line 15

Failed to open dir

When I changed in header_tags.php the directory from:

($dir = opendir(DIR_FS_CATALOG))

to:

($dir = opendir(DIR_WS_CATALOG))

the page is shown, but still I get those warnings at the top:

Failed to open directory: /html/

Fehler Found Missing Tags:

Products table has 210 items with missing meta tag information.

Fehler Permissions settings for the /html/includes/header_tags.php file appear to be incorrect. Change to 755

1. Why the failing to opne the directory?

2. I already changed the permission to 755. Why the warning still appears?

I'm looking forward to all helpful answers!!!

Thank you all!

I've got the same problem.

I just can add : My install is not in /catalog but at the root of the site. And all of contributions works fine ! my configure.php is OK

Can you help ?

Tx

Edited by davidobs

Thanks Jack

In admin includes for the product_info.php I selected the "category" and gave it a sort order of "2". On the product page in the store the title shows the Product title first and then the Category title which is correct.

I then unselected "category" in admin include and updated.

The product page now shows the Category title first and then the Product title which is wrong.

I replaced the include/header_tags.php, did a "find missing pages" and then repeated the above.

Still get the same results.

Any thing else I can try?

Thanks ... Dennis

Try running the headertags_seo_uninstall.php file and then the headertags_seo_install.php file. Then, before you go to page control, replace the includes/header_tags.php file with the one from the package and make sure its permissions are set the same as your images directory. Then go to page control, change the options on that page as you want and see what happens.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

I've got the same problem.

I just can add : My install is not in /catalog but at the root of the site. And all of contributions works fine ! my configure.php is OK

Can you help ?

Tx

What is the error you see?

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi! I'm very new at this. I'm trying to install the SEO header tags to my v2.2RC1, with QPBPP_v1.3.5 addon. This is the message I got when I clicked the catalog in admin:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '}' in /home/techtree/public_html/test/shop/admin/categories.php on line 1025

I underlined "line 1025" below, which is: } else {

/*** Begin Header Tags SEO ***/

$languages = tep_get_languages();

for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($languages); $i<$n; $i++) {

echo tep_draw_hidden_field('products_name[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']', htmlspecialchars(stripslashes($products_name[$languages[$i]['id']])));

echo tep_draw_hidden_field('products_description[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']', htmlspecialchars(stripslashes($products_description[$languages[$i]['id']])));

echo tep_draw_hidden_field('products_head_title_tag[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']', htmlspecialchars(stripslashes($products_head_title_tag[$languages[$i]['id']])));

echo tep_draw_hidden_field('products_head_desc_tag[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']', htmlspecialchars(stripslashes($products_head_desc_tag[$languages[$i]['id']])));

echo tep_draw_hidden_field('products_head_keywords_tag[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']', htmlspecialchars(stripslashes($products_head_keywords_tag[$languages[$i]['id']])));

echo tep_draw_hidden_field('products_url[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']', htmlspecialchars(stripslashes($products_url[$languages[$i]['id']])));

}

/*** End Header Tags SEO ***/

echo tep_draw_hidden_field('products_image', stripslashes($products_image_name));

echo tep_image_submit('button_back.gif', IMAGE_BACK, 'name="edit"') . '  ';

if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['pID'])) {

echo tep_image_submit('button_update.gif', IMAGE_UPDATE);

} else {

echo tep_image_submit('button_insert.gif', IMAGE_INSERT);

}

echo '  <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CATEGORIES, 'cPath=' . $cPath . (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['pID']) ? '&pID=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['pID'] : '')) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_cancel.gif', IMAGE_CANCEL) . '</a>';

?></td>

</tr>

</table></form>

<?php

}

} else {

?> <table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">

<tr>

<td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

<tr>

<td class="pageHeading"><?php echo HEADING_TITLE; ?></td>

<td class="pageHeading" align="right"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', 1, HEADING_IMAGE_HEIGHT); ?></td>

<td align="right"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

<tr>

<td class="smallText" align="right">

<?php

echo tep_draw_form('search', FILENAME_CATEGORIES, '', 'get');

echo HEADING_TITLE_SEARCH . ' ' . tep_draw_input_field('search');

echo tep_hide_session_id() . '</form>';

?>

If anyone could assist me, thanks a lot!

Hi! I'm very new at this. I'm trying to install the SEO header tags to my v2.2RC1, with QPBPP_v1.3.5 addon. This is the message I got when I clicked the catalog in admin:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '}' in /home/techtree/public_html/test/shop/admin/categories.php on line 1025

If anyone could assist me, thanks a lot!

A completed categories file is included with the contribution. As mentioned in the installation doc's, if you have trouble with that file, you should use the included file to compare and find the problem.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

It's a great contribution.

I have installed it since version 2.7.I very like it.

And when I update to the version 3.0.8,I get a trouble.

When I visit the Header Tags SEO page,on top of this page ,I get a note like bellow:

Permissions settings for the d:\webhost\abc\wwwroot/includes/header_tags.php file appear to be incorrect. Change to 777

I tried to set the header_tags.php from 666 to 777 by the leapftp.

But failse,It's also the 666,and I cann't change it...

My server is base Windows.

Anyone who can give me any idea to solve the troubles.

And How can I do to solvethe trouble.

Thanks..

What is the error you see?

Jack

this message is displayed :

"Failed to open dir"

it comes from /admin/includes/functions/header_tags.php, line 15

it can't open the root directory with the opendir function.

I've rechecked and replaced the DIR_FS_CATALOG with "/var/www/" in the configure.php file and now, the page is loaded but it can't load the file listing ...

Whatever option I choose in the select box, it doesn't display file listing ... ?

tx

It's a great contribution.

I have installed it since version 2.7.I very like it.

And when I update to the version 3.0.8,I get a trouble.

When I visit the Header Tags SEO page,on top of this page ,I get a note like bellow:

Permissions settings for the d:\webhost\abc\wwwroot/includes/header_tags.php file appear to be incorrect. Change to 777

I tried to set the header_tags.php from 666 to 777 by the leapftp.

But failse,It's also the 666,and I cann't change it...

My server is base Windows.

Anyone who can give me any idea to solve the troubles.

And How can I do to solvethe trouble.

Thanks..

Windows doesn't have persmissions settings. Change the file so that it is not read only and turn off the permissions option in admin->configuration->Header Tags SEO.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

this message is displayed :

"Failed to open dir"

it comes from /admin/includes/functions/header_tags.php, line 15

it can't open the root directory with the opendir function.

I've rechecked and replaced the DIR_FS_CATALOG with "/var/www/" in the configure.php file and now, the page is loaded but it can't load the file listing ...

Whatever option I choose in the select box, it doesn't display file listing ... ?

tx

So are you saying that in Page Control, that when you click on the dropdown list and select an entry from it, nothing changes?

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Try running the headertags_seo_uninstall.php file and then the headertags_seo_install.php file. Then, before you go to page control, replace the includes/header_tags.php file with the one from the package and make sure its permissions are set the same as your images directory. Then go to page control, change the options on that page as you want and see what happens.

Jack

Hi Jack

Ran the header_tags_uninstall.php followed by header_tags_install.php and then replaced includes/header_tags.php

Went to admin - filled in the "category title" header tag with "Category Title Tag"

Went to the "Product title" tag and filled with "Product Title Tag"

Went to the store product page and the title was

Category Title Tag - products new home

Went to admin>Header Tags SEO - selected product_info.php and deleted all the text in the left hand box and updated.

Went to the store product page and title was

Category Title Tag - Product Title Tag

Went to admin>Header Tags SEO - selected product_info.php and unselected product and updated

Went to store product page and title is

Category Title Tag

Went to admin>Header Tags SEO - selected product_info.php and selected product (sort order 2) and category (sort order 3)

Went to store product page and title is

Product Title Tag - Category Title Tag

So in summary, nothing seems to have changed.

Thanks ... Dennis

Where can some one find out more on the settings in Header Tags SEO

The sittings I am speaking about are located @

aidmin/configuration/header tags seo

Automatically Add New Pages

Check for Missing Tags

Display Column Box ect.

Thanks

Ben

So in summary, nothing seems to have changed.

Other than being sure you are using bersion 3.0.8, I'm pretty much out of ideas. If you know how to troubleshoot php code, you could check the results in includes/header_tags.php to see if the category option is being read in correctly. That would tell which side of the site the problem is on and may lead to the reason.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Where can some one find out more on the settings in Header Tags SEO

The sittings I am speaking about are located @

aidmin/configuration/header tags seo

Check for Missing Tags

Display Column Box ect.

Thanks

Ben

You could click on the option and read the text to the right. I don't recall writing any explanations about those, though there should be. If the explanation in that section doesn't clear up the setting, please post which ones you need help with and I will explain them here.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi,

I'm trying to install Enable Disable Categories contribution (latest version) I already have the latest version of Header Tags SEO V 3.0.8. http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/5851 I see there are conflicts with adding the code. For example:

In EDC it says to add to catalog/admin/categories.php:

***FIND:

$categories_query = tep_db_query("select c.categories_id, cd.categories_name, c.categories_image, c.parent_id, c.sort_order, c.date_added, c.last_modified from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and cd.categories_name like '%" . tep_db_input($search) . "%' order by c.sort_order, cd.categories_name");

***REPLACE WITH:

// BOF Enable & Disable Categories

$categories_query = tep_db_query("select c.categories_id, cd.categories_name, c.categories_image, c.parent_id, c.sort_order, c.date_added, c.last_modified, c.categories_status from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and cd.categories_name like '%" . tep_db_input($search) . "%' order by c.sort_order, cd.categories_name");

// EOF Enable & Disable Categories

***FIND:

$categories_query = tep_db_query("select c.categories_id, cd.categories_name, c.categories_image, c.parent_id, c.sort_order, c.date_added, c.last_modified from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where c.parent_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' and c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' order by c.sort_order, cd.categories_name");

***REPLACE WITH:

// BOF Enable & Disable Categories

$categories_query = tep_db_query("select c.categories_id, cd.categories_name, c.categories_image, c.parent_id, c.sort_order, c.date_added, c.last_modified, c.categories_status from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where c.parent_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' and c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' order by c.sort_order, cd.categories_name");

// EOF Enable & Disable Categories

My code that has been changed for Header Tags has already been modified as:

/*** Begin Header Tags SEO ***/

$categories_query = tep_db_query("select c.categories_id, cd.categories_name, c.categories_image, c.parent_id, c.sort_order, c.date_added, c.last_modified, cd.categories_htc_title_tag, cd.categories_htc_desc_tag, cd.categories_htc_keywords_tag, cd.categories_htc_description from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and cd.categories_name like '%" . tep_db_input($search) . "%' order by c.sort_order, cd.categories_name");

} else {

$categories_query = tep_db_query("select c.categories_id, cd.categories_name, c.categories_image, c.parent_id, c.sort_order, c.date_added, c.last_modified, cd.categories_htc_title_tag, cd.categories_htc_desc_tag, cd.categories_htc_keywords_tag, cd.categories_htc_description from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where c.parent_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' and c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' order by c.sort_order, cd.categories_name");

/*** End Header Tags SEO ***/

As you can see they are different.

I haven't progressed any further so I don't know any other conflicts. I also have just installed the Product Extra Fields contribution http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/2202 .

Does anyone have these mods on their site with EDC too? And if so can you show me how to incorporate all three without code conflicts?

Thanx in advance!

If the explanation in that section doesn't clear up the setting, please post which ones you need help with and I will explain them here.

Jack

Thanks for the Fast reply

Check for Missing Tags

Display Column Box

Disable Permission Warning

Display Help Popups

Display Social Bookmark

Keyword Density Range

Separator - Description

Separator - Keywords

could not find nothin so I listed all so that way

there will be a guide if some one else has the same ? in the future

Ben

Yes, you have duplicate meta tags code and they are not both from Header Tags so you will have to go through your code and remove the other code. The h1 an dh2 tags are used on the categories and product pages.

Jack

Hi Jack

Progressing along OK, getting to understand your contribution and setting up titles, descriptions and keywords. They are working nicely on index.php and product_info.php.

However, I have just set up manufacturers titles, descriptions and keywords in admin/catalog/manufacturers but when I view the manufacturers web page source, I am getting exactly the same headers as I have set up in index.php.

Can you point me in the right direction please? Is there another file I need to amend?

Many Thanks

Peter

Thanks for the Fast reply

Check for Missing Tags

Display Column Box

Disable Permission Warning

Display Help Popups

Display Social Bookmark

Keyword Density Range

Separator - Description

Separator - Keywords

could not find nothin so I listed all so that way

there will be a guide if some one else has the same ? in the future

Ben

Automatically Add New Pages - adds any news pages it finds to the list automatically when you go to Page Control. If not set, you have to manually add the pages by selecting Add New Pages from the dropdown.

Check for Missing Tags - checks to see if you have any products, categories or manufacuters that have empty titles or meta tags.

Display Column Box - displays an infobox in the left column while on a product page. Provides the search engines with addtional text and a link.

Disable Permission Warning - Don't display the permissions warning. Can be safely enabled if on a Windows server.

Display Help Popups - Displays a popup with a quick explanation when in Page Control or Fill Tags.

Display Social Bookmark - Place social bookmark icons on the category and products pages.

Keyword Density Range - Used with the option to retrieve keywords from the text on the page.

Separator - Description - defines the separator used for the description meta tag.

Separator - Keywords - defines the separator used for the keywords meta tag.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack

Progressing along OK, getting to understand your contribution and setting up titles, descriptions and keywords. They are working nicely on index.php and product_info.php.

However, I have just set up manufacturers titles, descriptions and keywords in admin/catalog/manufacturers but when I view the manufacturers web page source, I am getting exactly the same headers as I have set up in index.php.

Can you point me in the right direction please? Is there another file I need to amend?

Many Thanks

Peter

Be sure the Manufacturer option is enabled in Page Control for the index page.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Other than being sure you are using bersion 3.0.8, I'm pretty much out of ideas. If you know how to troubleshoot php code, you could check the results in includes/header_tags.php to see if the category option is being read in correctly. That would tell which side of the site the problem is on and may lead to the reason.

Jack

Hello Jack

Yes I am using Version 3.0.8

Just discovered that the description and keyword tags are doing the same.

Does that give any other pointers.

I'm not a php person but I will try trouble shooting !!!!!!!!

Thanks ... Dennis

Hello Jack

Yes I am using Version 3.0.8

Just discovered that the description and keyword tags are doing the same.

Does that give any other pointers.

No, it's to be expected since the title isn't working either.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Automatically Add New Pages - adds any news pages it finds to the list automatically when you go to Page Control. If not set, you have to manually add the pages by selecting Add New Pages from the dropdown.

Check for Missing Tags - checks to see if you have any products, categories or manufacuters that have empty titles or meta tags.

Display Column Box - displays an infobox in the left column while on a product page. Provides the search engines with addtional text and a link.

Disable Permission Warning - Don't display the permissions warning. Can be safely enabled if on a Windows server.

Display Help Popups - Displays a popup with a quick explanation when in Page Control or Fill Tags.

Display Social Bookmark - Place social bookmark icons on the category and products pages.

Keyword Density Range - Used with the option to retrieve keywords from the text on the page.

Separator - Description - defines the separator used for the description meta tag.

Separator - Keywords - defines the separator used for the keywords meta tag.

Jack

That clears up alot

Thanks Jack

Ben

A new version has been uploaded. This is what was changed:

-> Added code to check if shop is oscMax in admin/includes/functions/header_tags.php.

-> Changed code for IsTemplate in admin/includes/functions/header_tags.php to reduce the number of calls made.

-> Default meta tags were not being handled correctly if the default languages were not in the shop. Added code to test page to check for that and to delete the missing languages.

-> Added option to test page to delete extra entries in the database.

This version should fix the problem some are having with the category name showing when it shouldn't.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi,

I've just added Header Tags SEO to my test site and the pages turn out well on the front end. However, I have this problem that I can't bypass and till now I am still unable to try the contributions.

I have this error on the categories page from the line Product Title Tag onwards,

Fatal error: Call to undefined function tep_draw_textarea_field() in /home/XXXX/public_html/products/admin/categories.php on line 584

I have fckeditor installed on the site and when I changed to function tep_draw_fckeditor(), the page generated fine but when I typed in the tags using fckeditor, it doesn't work. The tags appear on the same row of My Account, Cart Contents on a default osc layout. How can I fix this problem?

Thanks for the help!

Hi,

I've just added Header Tags SEO to my test site and the pages turn out well on the front end. However, I have this problem that I can't bypass and till now I am still unable to try the contributions.

I have this error on the categories page from the line Product Title Tag onwards,

I have fckeditor installed on the site and when I changed to function tep_draw_fckeditor(), the page generated fine but when I typed in the tags using fckeditor, it doesn't work. The tags appear on the same row of My Account, Cart Contents on a default osc layout. How can I fix this problem?

Thanks for the help!

This isn't a Header Tags problem. You'll need to ask in the fckeditor support thread since the problem is with it.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

This isn't a Header Tags problem. You'll need to ask in the fckeditor support thread since the problem is with it.

Jack

Thanks Jack. Managed to figure that out now. phew...

I have installed the latest version of HT SEO on a fresh OSC site and it seems that the product_info page is misaligned. The right column is being pushed to the centre bottom of the page and the description tag appears on the row that has My Account, Cart Contents...

This is the first time I have tried this contribution and not sure if it meant to be this way?