• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Header Tags SEO

Jack_mcs

I got this error in my admin after trying to edit product. Im using HeaderTags_SEO_V_3.0.7. Can some one help me to fix this Thank you.

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ' p.products_to_rss from products p JOIN products_description pd where p.product' at line 1

select pd.products_name, pd.products_description, pd.products_head_title_tag, pd.products_head_desc_tag, pd.products_head_keywords_tag, pd.products_url, p.products_id, p.products_quantity, p.products_model, p.products_image, p.products_price, p.products_weight, p.products_date_added, p.products_last_modified, date_format(p.products_date_available, '%Y-%m-%d') as products_date_available, p.products_status, p.products_tax_class_id, p.manufacturers_id from, p.products_to_rss from products p, products_description pd where p.products_id = '232' and p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '1'

The problem is here, from, p.products_to_rss from, but has noting to do with Header Tags. If it still fails, please ask in the thread for the rss contribution.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Ok well here is where i am having problems =

In install it says to change this text in index.php =

FIND (Around line 78)

<td class="pageHeading"><?php echo HEADING_TITLE; ?></td>

<td class="pageHeading" align="right"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $category['categories_image'], $category['categories_name'], HEADING_IMAGE_WIDTH, HEADING_IMAGE_HEIGHT); ?></td>

</tr>

---------------------------

i dont have this text, this is what i have =

<td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '10'); ?></td>

</tr>

<tr>

</tr>

</table></td>

</tr>

<tr>

</tr>

<tr>

<td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">

<tr>

<td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">

<tr>

------------------------------------------

also in install it says to change =

?>

<td width="100%" valign="top"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

<tr>

<td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

<tr>

-----------------------------------------

This is what i have =

<td width="100%" valign="top"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

<tr>

<td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

<tr>

</tr>

<tr>

--------------------------------

also in install it says to change =

FIND (Around line 298)

<td align="right"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $image, HEADING_TITLE, HEADING_IMAGE_WIDTH, HEADING_IMAGE_HEIGHT); ?></td>

</tr>

------------------------

i dont have this text i do have this =

</table></td>

</tr>

<tr>

</tr>

--------------------------

and also this in install to change =

FIND (Around line 330)

<tr>

<td><?php include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_PRODUCT_LISTING); ?></td>

</tr>

------------------------------

i have this =

<td><?php include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_NEW_PRODUCTS); ?></td>

</tr>

<?php

include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_UPCOMING_PRODUCTS);

?>

-----------------------

Well thats it for index.php, i could find the other text to change .

Can anyone help ?

Paulie.

Edited by paulieGB

Well thats it for index.php, i could find the other text to change .

Can anyone help ?

This isn't a Header Tags problem. Your template has altered the basic code. You can try posting in the general forum for help, or pay someone to make the changes, or skip that part.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Dear Jack,

i have solved the problem. Due to a wrong language, identified by the function get_browser_language, the wrong metatags were drawn.

For a quick solution I have replaced in application_top the following code:

if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['language']) && tep_not_null($HTTP_GET_VARS['language'])) {
  $lng->set_language($HTTP_GET_VARS['language']);
} else {
  $lng->get_browser_language();
}

by

if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['language']) && tep_not_null($HTTP_GET_VARS['language'])) {
  $lng->set_language($HTTP_GET_VARS['language']);
} else {
//	  $lng->get_browser_language();
$lng->language['directory']=german;
$lng->language['id']=2;
}

Does anybody know why the wrong language is identified ?

Anke

hello,

I have just installed the catalog part of the instalationa and i have this warning on my site =

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in d:\users\foxycardsuk\public_html\includes\functions\html_output.php on line 78

---------

please help .

Paulie.

Forget that i didn't have the original html_output.php file,

i put the original file back in and all is fine with that.

Now however i have this showing on my categorie page =

/*** Begin Header Tags SEO ***/ if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'])) $db_query = tep_db_query("select manufacturers_htc_title_tag as htc_title, manufacturers_htc_description as htc_description from " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS_INFO . " where languages_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'] . "'"); else $db_query = tep_db_query("select categories_htc_title_tag as htc_title, categories_htc_description as htc_description from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " where categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' and language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'"); $htc = tep_db_fetch_array($db_query); ?>

-----------------

I was gonna just erase it from my index.php file, but i havent, what should i do ?

Paulie.

Forget that i didn't have the original html_output.php file,

i put the original file back in and all is fine with that.

Now however i have this showing on my categorie page =

/*** Begin Header Tags SEO ***/ if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'])) $db_query = tep_db_query("select manufacturers_htc_title_tag as htc_title, manufacturers_htc_description as htc_description from " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS_INFO . " where languages_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'] . "'"); else $db_query = tep_db_query("select categories_htc_title_tag as htc_title, categories_htc_description as htc_description from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " where categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' and language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'"); $htc = tep_db_fetch_array($db_query); ?>

-----------------

I was gonna just erase it from my index.php file, but i havent, what should i do ?

Paulie.

It means you made a mistake with the code changes on those pages. A php delimiter, <?php or ?> was most likely deleted or not added.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I have installed everything now, and the header tags are not working.

I have these errors in my admin. =

Found Missing Tags:

Products table has 20 items with missing meta tag information.

Permissions settings for the d:\users\foxycardsuk\public_html/includes/header_tags.php file appear to be incorrect. Change to 777

------------------

I have checked the permissions for header_tags.php and they are 777

??

Paulie.

perfect contrib,

i have this error after install???

1146 - Table 'USERNAME_osc2.TABLE_HEADERTAGS' doesn't exist

select * from TABLE_HEADERTAGS

[TEP STOP]

i have installed the sql file and no errors with that, but cant find DB???? strange...

Edited by Platinum Games

Thanks in advance!

Ben

I have installed everything now, and the header tags are not working.

I have these errors in my admin. =

Found Missing Tags:

Products table has 20 items with missing meta tag information.

Permissions settings for the d:\users\foxycardsuk\public_html/includes/header_tags.php file appear to be incorrect. Change to 777

------------------

I have checked the permissions for header_tags.php and they are 777

??

Paulie.

Please read the troubleshooting sections.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

perfect contrib,

i have this error after install???

1146 - Table 'USERNAME_osc2.TABLE_HEADERTAGS' doesn't exist

select * from TABLE_HEADERTAGS

[TEP STOP]

i have installed the sql file and no errors with that, but cant find DB???? strange...

If that is the actual failure, you have a problem in your includes/database_tables.php file since the username is missing, which isn't part of Header Tags.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi,

i've spent days and days on this and i'm almost there...

I'm combining 3 great contribs.. STS, SEO URLs and HTC.

I installed STS v4 first .... and all went great

Then i installed SEO URL 2.1d ... and all went great

I've now installed HTC 2.5.9 ... and all appears to be working great ..... Only the new titles and descriptions aren't showing up.

I have no errors or anything its just the new tags don't seem to be appearing..

Have i missed something?

I'd very much appreciate some help to get me over this last hurdle because i'm so close now.

Many thanks

Steve

I installed STS v4 first .... and all went great

Then i installed SEO URL 2.1d ... and all went great

I've now installed HTC 2.5.9 ... and all appears to be working great ..... Only the new titles and descriptions aren't showing up.

I have no errors or anything its just the new tags don't seem to be appearing..

STS requires an entry be made in the module settings as explained in the install instructions. That is probably the problem.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Please read the troubleshooting sections.

Jack

I have read the troubleshooting sections, and im not worried about the warnings for permissions 777, i can turn that of in admin.

BUT the header tags are not working.

the only thing that is working is the Header Tags Category Title.

Please take a look =

http://www.foxycards.co.uk

Edited by paulieGB

STS requires an entry be made in the module settings as explained in the install instructions. That is probably the problem.

Jack

Thanks for the reply Jack,

The only reference to sts i found in the install instructions was this:

NOTE for STS Users: The above also applies to STS shops but does not

always work for some reason. If your STS shop fails, in your

sts_display_output.php file,

FIND

require(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'clean_html_comments.php');

require(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'header_tags.php');

CHANGE TO

require_once(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'clean_html_comments.php');

require_once(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'header_tags.php');

So i changed it like it said and it hasn't made any difference.... i'm not sure if i'm missing something .. i've got the 2.5.9 complete package ...

I have read the troubleshooting sections, and im not worried about the warnings for permissions 777, i can turn that of in admin.

BUT the header tags are not working.

the only thing that is working is the Header Tags Category Title.

Please take a look =

http://www.foxycards.co.uk

OK, then, what are the results of the test?

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Thanks for the reply Jack,

The only reference to sts i found in the install instructions was this:

NOTE for STS Users: The above also applies to STS shops but does not

always work for some reason. If your STS shop fails, in your

sts_display_output.php file,

FIND

require(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'clean_html_comments.php');

require(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'header_tags.php');

CHANGE TO

require_once(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'clean_html_comments.php');

require_once(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'header_tags.php');

So i changed it like it said and it hasn't made any difference.... i'm not sure if i'm missing something .. i've got the 2.5.9 complete package ...

Hmm, that's strange. The instructions in the version I have here states
STS should be installed first. Upload the file located in the STS_Only

directory of this archive to the same location on your server. Then goto

admin->Modules->STS and edit the default module. In the

"Files for normal template box," make the following change and then proceed

with the rest of the installation, starting at Step 2.

sts_user_code.php

to

sts_user_code.php;headertags.php

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack

I have just finished installing your HeaderTags_SEO_V_3.0.8 contribution. It looks like the best one out there.

I am using a modified version of 2.2-MS2 and the site has been running OK for almost a year. I wanted to move on to the next stage of improving my website SEO (www.arrowmodels.com).

The database changes installed OK and when I had finished the changes in the Install_Catalog.txt file I got the "New Home Page Title" on my index page.

However, I also got the following warnings at the top of the index web page and every page that I have checked so far:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/arrowmod/public_html/includes/database_tables.php:129) in /home/arrowmod/public_html/includes/functions/general.php on line 1227

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/arrowmod/public_html/includes/database_tables.php:129) in /home/arrowmod/public_html/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 97

I do not know if these files have ever changed from standard but certainly they haven't changed since April 2007.

I continued with the Admin part of the installation. Every page of my admin site now has the following warning message at the top:

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/arrowmod/public_html/admin/includes/filenames.php:111) in /home/arrowmod/public_html/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67

I ran the the Header Tags SEO Test function with results:

Test Results

Option Error:

The Search Engine Friendly option is set. This should be disabled since it can cause various problems.

Missing Code in File

The Header Tags head code for the product_reviews.php file cannot be found.

The Header Tags head code for the product_reviews_info.php file cannot be found.

The Header Tags head code for the product_reviews_write.php file cannot be found.

The Header Tags head code for the specials.php file cannot be found.

I set the "Use Search-Engine Safe URLs (still in development)" option in admin/configuration to false and the option error has gone just leaving the Missing Code errors which are to be expected because as yet I haven't changed the code for these contributions.

Any ideas where the problem(s) are?

I have just discovered that when I click on "My Account" and "Checkout" on any page on my site that there is no page displayed and just the following warnings on every occasion:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/arrowmod/public_html/includes/database_tables.php:129) in /home/arrowmod/public_html/includes/functions/general.php on line 1227

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/arrowmod/public_html/includes/database_tables.php:129) in /home/arrowmod/public_html/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 97

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/arrowmod/public_html/includes/database_tables.php:129) in /home/arrowmod/public_html/includes/functions/general.php on line 33

I am not a programmer but have been successful in following the code amendments and instructions on all of the contributions I have incorporated so far.

In other words I don't neccessarily understand the code.

Here's hoping you can help and many thanks in advance.

Best Regards

Peter

What test are you on about Jack ?

Have i missed something ?

Paulie.

From the instructions
If you are still having problems, go to admin->Header Tags SEO->Test

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

This isn't a Header Tags problem. See the link in my signature for how to fix it.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Help please!

I hope I'm posting in the correct place. I installed the headertags SEO v 3.0.8 over the weekend and have been having problems trouble shooting the problem below.

1054 - Unknown column 'p.products_retail_price' in 'field list'

select pd.language_id, p.products_id, pd.products_name, pd.products_description, p.products_model, p.products_quantity, p.products_image, pd.products_url, p.products_retail_price, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, p.products_date_added, p.products_date_available, p.manufacturers_id from products p, products_description pd where p.products_id = '62' and pd.products_id = '62' and pd.language_id ='1'

[TEP STOP]

The index page displays fine and my categories display fine but as soon as a select a product I get the error above. I've checked and rechecked my index.php and product_info.php code and all looks fine. Please can someone help. I do have Ultimate SEO v2.5 installed could this be my problem?

Please help? Anyone. I've searched for my error everywhere and no one else seems to be suffering the same as me.

This isn't a Header Tags problem. See the link in my signature for how to fix it.

Jack

Thanks Jack

Sorted those problems which were spaces after the ?> on a number of files.

Now I just need to get my old 57 year old head around the whole issue of Meta Tags and Keywords.

When viewing the source of my home page I see that description, keywords and robots meta tags are now duplicated. Do I now delete these from the code? Also is there anything else in the header that will interfere and should be taken out?

<!doctype html public "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">

<html dir="LTR" lang="en">

<head>

<title>New Home Page Title</title>

<meta name="Description" content="new description" />

<meta name="Keywords" content="new keywords1,keywords2" />

<meta name="robots" content="noodp" />

<meta name="slurp" content="noydir" />

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1" />

<!-- EOF: Header Tags SEO Generated Meta Tags -->

<meta name="verify-v1" content="rdGTslfy1tjP+TM5p7yjqInlzw3x1ivBqb/h+aTQm18=" />

<META NAME="Author" content="Arrow Models">

<META NAME="Company" content="www.arrowmodels.com">

<META NAME="description" content="Great deals on Nitro,Petrol & Electric Radio Control Cars,Boats,Planes & Helicopters. Collectors Diecast,Bikes,Tanks,Rockets,Kites,Scalextric,Hornby Trains,Steam Engines,Radio Systems,Engines,Dolls Houses,Tools,Plastic Kits,Period Ships,Metal Detectors and much more!">

<META NAME="keywords" content="Arrow Models, rc cars, radio control, boats, planes, helicopters, aircraft, remote control, radio systems, engines, motors, brushless, r/c, diecast, models, flight simulator, Hornby trains, estes rockets, toys, scalextric, petrol, nitro cars, model technics fuel, car kits, model shop yorkshire, batteries, lipo, tanks, steam engines, period ships, slot cars, car spares, monster trucks, buggy, gas powered cars, dolls houses, tools, plastic kits, metal detectors, cen, colt, hpi, ripmax, venom, silverlit, hobby engine, ftx, xtm, fastrax, hobbypro, heng long, mantua, sergal, os, ertl, mattel, hot wheels, mamod, airfix, britains tractors, nikko, tamiya, traxxas, fg modellsport, team associated, ho bao, schumacher, thunder tiger, hitec, futaba, cml, acoms, www.arrowmodels.co.uk">

<META NAME="generator" content="Arrow Models" />

<META NAME="ROBOTS" CONTENT="INDEX, FOLLOW">

<base href="http://www.arrowmodels.com/">

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="stylesheet.css">

</head>

Part of my problem is that an ex-employee installed all sorts of contributions in my oscommerce package but didn't document the many changes he made.

Also the addition of the h1 and h2 tags to the stylesheet.css file. I can't actually see any changes on the website when I amend the font size and color. Or am I looking in the wrong place? What does it change?

Many thanks once again.

Best Regards

Peter