• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Header Tags SEO

Jack_mcs

I think you posted in the wrong thread. This is the support thread for Header Tags SEO.

Jack

Hi Jack,

Well its since I installed the Header Tag Controller SEO contribution that the option to add a product name in admin has disappeared. I am using STS too so maybe that has something to do with it ....

I couldn't really find a thread that was relevant so thought i'd try here...

You can't help me then?

Edited by steve_spaces

Hi Jack,

Well its since I installed the Header Tag Controller SEO contribution that the option to add a product name in admin has disappeared. I am using STS too so maybe that has something to do with it ....

I couldn't really find a thread that was relevant so thought i'd try here...

You can't help me then?

The Header Tags Controller and Header Tags SEO are two different contributions. If you have installed this one and you can no longer do something in the products edit page, then the problem is in the categories.php file. This has been mentioned quite often here and is also in the documentation. The fix is to find the mistake you made. A completed file is included to compare against.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

The Header Tags Controller and Header Tags SEO are two different contributions. If you have installed this one and you can no longer do something in the products edit page, then the problem is in the categories.php file. This has been mentioned quite often here and is also in the documentation. The fix is to find the mistake you made. A completed file is included to compare against.

Jack

mhm oh yeah thanks :)

I just needed a nudge in the right direction .. it works now thanks

i've tried to install header tags seo but on index.php on my shop i can't find some of the codes that are in install_catalog.txt. my shop is oscommerce rc2 with a template bought from templatemonster.com. what should i do?

i've tried to install header tags seo but on index.php on my shop i can't find some of the codes that are in install_catalog.txt. my shop is oscommerce rc2 with a template bought from templatemonster.com. what should i do?
That's a common problem with templates. You either need to find somone that will re-code that for you or skip that part (not recommended).

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi I am a newbie to os commerce, so please bear with me.

I installed the header tags seo, as just what i needed. Installation seemed to go fine and I have "New Home Page Title," for my index page.

I edited all the files as told and added the new ones. But somewhere I have done something very wrong!!!

When I go into admin I can not access Header tags SEo or Catalog. I get 500 Internal Server Error

In my shop my menu is no longer accessing products.

The databases all seem intact, just don't know what I have done...

Please help

I am currently use Dynamic Sitemap 3.55. It appears to work quite nicely for my customers. I would like to use Header Tags SEO to enhance Page ratings. Would these two contributions conflict with each other or will they live in peace? Reading though previous posts briefly it was mentioned that DS 3.55 is not entirely friendly with the Google crawlers if used to upload Sitemaps to Google. Any thoughts?

Hi I am a newbie to os commerce, so please bear with me.

I installed the header tags seo, as just what i needed. Installation seemed to go fine and I have "New Home Page Title," for my index page.

I edited all the files as told and added the new ones. But somewhere I have done something very wrong!!!

When I go into admin I can not access Header tags SEo or Catalog. I get 500 Internal Server Error

In my shop my menu is no longer accessing products.

The databases all seem intact, just don't know what I have done...

Please help

Internal Server errors can mean a lot of things, depending upon your hosts setup. I could see that error occuring when admin->Header Tags is clicked, but not admin->Catalog. You will probably need to ask your host to look at that to see what the problem is. If they won't do it, try replacing the admin/categories.php file with one from the contribution. If the changes you made on that caused any problems, that should fix them.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I am currently use Dynamic Sitemap 3.55. It appears to work quite nicely for my customers. I would like to use Header Tags SEO to enhance Page ratings. Would these two contributions conflict with each other or will they live in peace? Reading though previous posts briefly it was mentioned that DS 3.55 is not entirely friendly with the Google crawlers if used to upload Sitemaps to Google. Any thoughts?
The contributions will work fine together.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

The contributions will work fine together.

Jack

Is it good to use DS to upload its sitemap to google? I ask because an earlier comment made in this thread.

Hi Jack,

I have downloaded the contribution but before I go ahead and install it, I noticed that within the install readme file it advised to read the install catalog file if the database install works okay. I have done this but am a bit confused as to what I know need to do as I have a modified shop install.

Can you please advise further.

Regards. Peter.

I have built an online store solely with the help of this forum.

Is it good to use DS to upload its sitemap to google? I ask because an earlier comment made in this thread.

The answer is no. But please ask any such other questions in the appropriate thread. This is just for support of Header Tags SEO.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack,

I have downloaded the contribution but before I go ahead and install it, I noticed that within the install readme file it advised to read the install catalog file if the database install works okay. I have done this but am a bit confused as to what I know need to do as I have a modified shop install.

Can you please advise further.

Regards. Peter.

You need to perform the steps in the Install_Catalog.txt and Install_Admin.txt files.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Internal Server errors can mean a lot of things, depending upon your hosts setup. I could see that error occuring when admin->Header Tags is clicked, but not admin->Catalog. You will probably need to ask your host to look at that to see what the problem is. If they won't do it, try replacing the admin/categories.php file with one from the contribution. If the changes you made on that caused any problems, that should fix them.

Jack

Hi Jack, thank you, thought I'd already done that but obviously not as it worked when I did what you said this morning! My admin side is working fine now, but my shop is not showing any products except in what's new here. Also the headings are only working on lower levels. Any ideas?

Thank you for your help so far.

Edited by mummyreturns

I have installed header tags seo, all well works, thanks. Then I installed ultrapics, and their code is crossed :

/*** Begin Header Tags SEO ***/

if (isset ($HTTP_GET_VARS['pID']) && (!$HTTP_POST_VARS) ) {

$product_query = tep_db_query("select pd.products_name, pd.products_description, pd.short_desc, pd.products_head_title_tag, pd.products_head_desc_tag, pd.products_head_keywords_tag, pd.products_url, p.products_id, p.products_quantity, p.products_model, p.products_image, p.products_image_med, p.products_image_lrg, p.products_image_sm_1, p.products_image_xl_1, p.products_image_sm_2, p.products_image_xl_2, p.products_image_sm_3, p.products_image_xl_3, p.products_image_sm_4, p.products_image_xl_4, p.products_image_sm_5, p.products_image_xl_5, p.products_image_sm_6, p.products_image_xl_6, p.products_price, p.products_weight, p.products_date_added, p.products_last_modified, date_format(p.products_date_available, '%Y-%m-%d') as products_date_available, p.products_status, p.products_tax_class_id, p.manufacturers_id from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd where p.products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['pID'] . "' and p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");

$product = tep_db_fetch_array($product_query);

/*** End Header Tags SEO ***/

if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['pID']) && empty($HTTP_POST_VARS)) {

// BOF MaxiDVD: Modified For Ultimate Images Pack!

$product_query = tep_db_query("select pd.products_name, pd.products_description, pd.products_url, p.products_id, p.products_quantity, p.products_model, p.products_image, p.products_image_med, p.products_image_lrg, p.products_image_sm_1, p.products_image_xl_1, p.products_image_sm_2, p.products_image_xl_2, p.products_image_sm_3, p.products_image_xl_3, p.products_image_sm_4, p.products_image_xl_4, p.products_image_sm_5, p.products_image_xl_5, p.products_image_sm_6, p.products_image_xl_6, p.products_price, p.products_weight, p.products_date_added, p.products_last_modified, date_format(p.products_date_available, '%Y-%m-%d') as products_date_available, p.products_status, p.products_tax_class_id, p.manufacturers_id from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd where p.products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['pID'] . "' and p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");

// EOF MaxiDVD: Modified For Ultimate Images Pack!

and two :

<!-- /*** Begin Header Tags SEO ***/ //-->

<?php

} elseif ($action == 'new_product_preview') {

if (tep_not_null($HTTP_POST_VARS)) {

$pInfo = new objectInfo($HTTP_POST_VARS);

$products_name = $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_name'];

$short_desc = $HTTP_POST_VARS['short_desc'];

$products_description = $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_description'];

$products_head_title_tag = $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_head_title_tag'];

$products_head_desc_tag = $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_head_desc_tag'];

$products_head_keywords_tag = $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_head_keywords_tag'];

$products_url = $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_url'];

} else {

$product_query = tep_db_query("select p.products_id, pd.language_id, pd.products_name, pd.products_description, pd.short_desc, pd.products_head_title_tag, pd.products_head_desc_tag, pd.products_head_keywords_tag, pd.products_url, p.products_quantity, p.products_model, p.products_image, p.products_image_med, p.products_image_lrg, p.products_image_sm_1, p.products_image_xl_1, p.products_image_sm_2, p.products_image_xl_2, p.products_image_sm_3, p.products_image_xl_3, p.products_image_sm_4, p.products_image_xl_4, p.products_image_sm_5, p.products_image_xl_5, p.products_image_sm_6, p.products_image_xl_6, p.products_price, p.products_weight, p.products_date_added, p.products_last_modified, p.products_date_available, p.products_status, p.manufacturers_id from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd where p.products_id = pd.products_id and p.products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['pID'] . "'");

/*** End Header Tags SEO ***/

<?php

} elseif ($action == 'new_product_preview') {

if (tep_not_null($HTTP_POST_VARS)) {

$pInfo = new objectInfo($HTTP_POST_VARS);

$products_name = $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_name'];

$products_description = $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_description'];

$products_url = $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_url'];

} else {

// BOF MaxiDVD: Modified For Ultimate Images Pack!

$product_query = tep_db_query("select p.products_id, pd.language_id, pd.products_name, pd.products_description, pd.products_url, p.products_quantity, p.products_model, p.products_image, p.products_image_med, p.products_image_lrg, p.products_image_sm_1, p.products_image_xl_1, p.products_image_sm_2, p.products_image_xl_2, p.products_image_sm_3, p.products_image_xl_3, p.products_image_sm_4, p.products_image_xl_4, p.products_image_sm_5, p.products_image_xl_5, p.products_image_sm_6, p.products_image_xl_6, p.products_price, p.products_weight, p.products_date_added, p.products_last_modified, p.products_date_available, p.products_status, p.manufacturers_id from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd where p.products_id = pd.products_id and p.products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['pID'] . "'");

// EOF MaxiDVD: Modified For Ultimate Images Pack!

That not correctly I have made that, from for it error.

Help!!!!! please

Hi Jack, thank you, thought I'd already done that but obviously not as it worked when I did what you said this morning! My admin side is working fine now, but my shop is not showing any products except in what's new here. Also the headings are only working on lower levels. Any ideas?

Thank you for your help so far.

It sounds like mistakes were made on the index.php and product_info.php changes. Try replacing those with your originals and then make the changes one at a time, checking as you go, to find the problem.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I have installed header tags seo, all well works, thanks. Then I installed ultrapics, and their code is crossed :

You have to merge the two sets of code. See a few pages back for an example of how to do that.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Working on Install_Catalog.TXT Page 3 Item 3 (Find around line 78) Believe I found the code but appears to have been altered

?>
   <td width="100%" valign="top"   style="padding-left:10px;padding-top:10px;"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
     <tr>
       <td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
         <tr>
           [color="#8B0000"]<td class="pageHeading">[/color]
[color="#2E8B57"]<?php 
              if ( (ALLOW_CATEGORY_DESCRIPTIONS == 'true') && (tep_not_null($category['categories_heading_title'])) ) {
                echo $category['categories_heading_title'];
              } else {
                echo $category['categories_name']; 
              }
            ?>[/color]

</td>
           [color="#8B0000"]<td class="pageHeading" align="right"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $category['categories_image'], $category['categories_name'], HEADING_IMAGE_WIDTH, HEADING_IMAGE_HEIGHT); ?></td>
         </tr>[/color]

Any thought about the code in Green and the missing part (<?php echo HEADING_TITLE; ?>) in the first line of code in red

if ( (ALLOW_CATEGORY_DESCRIPTIONS == 'true')

This code shows you have the categories description contribution installed. It is not compatible with Header Tags since Header Tags has that same option and uses the same code. Your choices are to skip this part of Header Tags or do remove the categories description code. How to do this was covered somewhere in this thread but I've no idea on which page. If you choose to skip this part of Header Tags, the code will still work and you can still use that contribution, but you will have to turn off the option for categories description in admin to adjust the titles and meta tags for the categories so it will be more of a pain to maintain.

Jack

Edited by Jack_mcs

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

wouldn't it be feasible to add and make all the changes to your index.php and then keep that particular file for future use. After all, if you're using the same software, it will save you a lot of time, all you have to to do when starting a new shop is replace the index.php fil

Edited by Ironside

This code shows you have the categories description contribution installed. It is not compatible with Header Tags since Header Tags has that same option and uses the same code. Your choices are to skip this part of Header Tags or do remove the categories description code. How to do this was covered somewhere in this thread but I've no idea on which page. If you choose to skip this part of Header Tags, the code will still work and you can still use that contribution, but you will have to turn off the option for categories description in admin to adjust the titles and meta tags for the categories so it will be more of a pain to maintain.

Jack

I have removed the if/else for Category Description. Fingers crossed and will update ya later. Thanks Jack

At first I was getting a 500 internal error, somehow solved that.

Now I get "register_globals is disabled".

Both the tld and the /admin give that error.

Here's the content of my .htaccess

RewriteEngine on

# $Id: .htaccess,v 1.3 2003/06/12 10:53:20 hpdl Exp $
#
# This is used with Apache WebServers
#
# For this to work, you must include the parameter 'Options' to
# the AllowOverride configuration
#
# Example:
#
# <Directory "/usr/local/apache/htdocs">
#   AllowOverride Options
# </Directory>
#
# 'All' with also work. (This configuration is in the
# apache/conf/httpd.conf file)

# The following makes adjustments to the SSL protocol for Internet
# Explorer browsers

<IfModule mod_setenvif.c>
 <IfDefine SSL>
SetEnvIf User-Agent ".*MSIE.*" \
		 nokeepalive ssl-unclean-shutdown \
		 downgrade-1.0 force-response-1.0
 </IfDefine>
</IfModule>

# If Search Engine Friendly URLs do not work, try enabling the
# following Apache configuration parameter
#
# AcceptPathInfo On

# Fix certain PHP values
# (commented out by default to prevent errors occuring on certain
# servers)
#
<IfModule mod_php4.c>
 php_value session.use_trans_sid 0
 php_value register_globals 1
</IfModule>

Here's the content of my php.ini in the tld:

register_globals = ON

At first I was getting a 500 internal error, somehow solved that.

Now I get "register_globals is disabled".

Both the tld and the /admin give that error.

found an answer= "php_value register_globals On"

...now let's see if the rest of the install works. :-)