• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Header Tags SEO

Jack_mcs

If your cateories file is not working after installing Header Tags, it means you made a mistake in those changes. A file is included that you can use to find the problem.

Jack

Hi Jack,

Thanks! the problem is fixed!

thanks!

John

Edited by vitamin_ebox

I wonder if anyone can help with the following issues:

Top of admin: Found Missing Tags:

Products table has 10 items with missing meta tag information.Categories table has 1 items with missing meta tag information.

Also, I have created a new box with a new page. The page was made by duplicating a similar page. Changes were made for uniqueness. The problem I am having is the new page is taking the same title, description, and keywords as the page which it was duplicated from. Nothing I can do in admin changes it unless I change the meta tags on the original page which it was duplicated from.

Any help or ideas would be helpful.

Fish

I wonder if anyone can help with the following issues:

Top of admin: Found Missing Tags:

Products table has 10 items with missing meta tag information.Categories table has 1 items with missing meta tag information.

Also, I have created a new box with a new page. The page was made by duplicating a similar page. Changes were made for uniqueness. The problem I am having is the new page is taking the same title, description, and keywords as the page which it was duplicated from. Nothing I can do in admin changes it unless I change the meta tags on the original page which it was duplicated from.

Any help or ideas would be helpful.

Fish

The FillTags page has an option to show links to the missing items. For the new page, you probably didn't change the includes statement in the root file so it is still loading the original file. But that's not a Header Tags problem.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

The FillTags page has an option to show links to the missing items. For the new page, you probably didn't change the includes statement in the root file so it is still loading the original file. But that's not a Header Tags problem.

Jack

Hi Jack,

I too would like to thank you for a wonderful contribution and for being there when we mess it up. It simply amazes me how quickly you respond to our problems.

Your response to my only problem has confused me. I have used the FillTags page with no results for filling. I have gone to the page control and the pages in question are in the drop-down but they do not respond to my insertions.

Secondly, and I know it is not a Header Tags problem, but what do you mean when you say "you probably didn't change the includes statement in the root file so it is still loading the original file."? At this point, includes statement and root file are not a part of my vocabulay. Please elaborate as much as you have time for.

I would apprecieate a PM that explains you services and your offer to evaluate a site.

Thanks,

Fish

Hi Jack,

I too would like to thank you for a wonderful contribution and for being there when we mess it up. It simply amazes me how quickly you respond to our problems.

Thank you. :)

Your response to my only problem has confused me. I have used the FillTags page with no results for filling. I have gone to the page control and the pages in question are in the drop-down but they do not respond to my insertions.

I'm not sure what you mean by "respond to my insertions," but maybe the permissions setting on the includes/header_tags.php file is not correct.

Secondly, and I know it is not a Header Tags problem, but what do you mean when you say "you probably didn't change the includes statement in the root file so it is still loading the original file."? At this point, includes statement and root file are not a part of my vocabulay. Please elaborate as much as you have time for.

You said you added a new page. That means a file should have been added into the rot directory and another in the english directory. The one in the root, since it is a copy of some other file, has to be edited so that it calls the correct from the english directory.

I would apprecieate a PM that explains you services and your offer to evaluate a site.

Done.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Hello Jack

I would like to upgrade Header Tags to this Header Tags SEO.

My question is, if I overwrite the old header tags with the new tags seo, will this have any effect on my index with google?

The old product titles have the product name, then the shops index in the tag.

I cant recreate the old titles with the new header tags seo, so, if I install this, the titles will be different.

I know changing the urls will have an adverse affect, but do the tags, do you know?

I am very new to oscommerce but am getting on really well learning how to use it. I want to improve my headings/descriptions etc and came across this program. I'm just looking at all the files and folders. I have read the install readme first file but I'm still a little confused. Before I do anything, do I have to upload "headertags_seo_install.php"?

Then what sequence do I go in. Do I have to upload the files that are in the catalog folder? There are two "catalog_for_new_shop only" folders. I am using the latest version of OSC so I'm assuming I should be using the folder for rc2.

Out of interest, I'm using Windows Notepad to make changes to my files and it's probablty no real wonder that this morning I ended up with a white frontpage with nothing on it after making some changes.

I'm pretty sure it's something I've done, but what program do you guys use? This Contribution is the first of this magnitude I've installed with many more edits and changes than contributions I've done before so I'm in new territory here, and Notepad really isn't up to the job.

Thanks.

Hello Jack

I would like to upgrade Header Tags to this Header Tags SEO.

My question is, if I overwrite the old header tags with the new tags seo, will this have any effect on my index with google?

The old product titles have the product name, then the shops index in the tag.

I cant recreate the old titles with the new header tags seo, so, if I install this, the titles will be different.

I know changing the urls will have an adverse affect, but do the tags, do you know?

It could have an affect since the keywords for the pages would be different. But you can install it and use the headertags_seo_update.sql file to make the database changes. That will not touch your products, categories and manufacturers tags. The only thing missing then would be the tags you set up for other pages, like the home page. Those are stored in the includes/languages/english/header_tags.php file so you can just copy/paste from there into the new Page Control. You may have to change some settings in Page Control for all pages to get them to display the same since Header Tags SEO offers more options but that is a simple matter. Once all of that is done, the pages should be identical as far as the titles and meta tags are concerned. You should, of course, make backups first.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I am very new to oscommerce but am getting on really well learning how to use it. I want to improve my headings/descriptions etc and came across this program. I'm just looking at all the files and folders. I have read the install readme first file but I'm still a little confused. Before I do anything, do I have to upload "headertags_seo_install.php"?

Then what sequence do I go in. Do I have to upload the files that are in the catalog folder? There are two "catalog_for_new_shop only" folders. I am using the latest version of OSC so I'm assuming I should be using the folder for rc2.

From the instructions
DATABASE CHANGES: Update the database. There are two ways to do this:

1 - use the "headertags_seo.sql" file and upload via phpmyadmin.

2 - copy the included headertags_seo_install.php file to your root directory

(where your index.php file is located). Then open your browser and type in

http://www.yoursite.com/headertags_seo_install.php (substitute your url, of

course). You should delete this file from your site once you have updated

the database successfully.

Are you asking for that to be explained? If so, what part don't you understand?

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack,

Any response to my question as to why a frontpage white screen happened? I refreshed it and it just had gone, yet obviously the file was still there, this only happened though whilst I was making changes in Admin>Categories.php which seems strange it would effect the frontpage? What PHP editor do you guys use when editing and changing large amounts of code such as the install to this contribution? I think Notepad is beaten well and truly with this one, makes my eyes boggle with just pages of black text, think I need a proper editor program.

Cheers.

Thanks for the expedient reply. I only learned how to use oscommerce over the weekend. I've been used to virtuemart where there is hardly any coding involved. Having said that, I'm quick to learn so please excuse the elementary questions.

Okay, I am looking at the download that contains seven folders and four text documents. I have had a look at install_readme_first. It says to upload headertags_seo_install.php. Now, this is the file that is in the database_files?. Do I then have to upload one of the other folders, maybe catalog, or catalog_for_new_shop_only?

Like I said, I am extremely new to this so is a little confusing. The actual shop is a piece of cake, I don't know why I was ever intimidated by it. I just want to sort the headings out now

Hi Jack,

Any response to my question as to why a frontpage white screen happened? I refreshed it and it just had gone, yet obviously the file was still there, this only happened though whilst I was making changes in Admin>Categories.php which seems strange it would effect the frontpage? What PHP editor do you guys use when editing and changing large amounts of code such as the install to this contribution? I think Notepad is beaten well and truly with this one, makes my eyes boggle with just pages of black text, think I need a proper editor program.

Cheers.

A white page ususally means a file was uploaded to the wrong location, like the english index.php file to the root directory. The editor question whould be asked in the general support forum since it doesn't have to do with this contribution.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Thanks for the expedient reply. I only learned how to use oscommerce over the weekend. I've been used to virtuemart where there is hardly any coding involved. Having said that, I'm quick to learn so please excuse the elementary questions.

Okay, I am looking at the download that contains seven folders and four text documents. I have had a look at install_readme_first. It says to upload headertags_seo_install.php. Now, this is the file that is in the database_files?. Do I then have to upload one of the other folders, maybe catalog, or catalog_for_new_shop_only?

Like I said, I am extremely new to this so is a little confusing. The actual shop is a piece of cake, I don't know why I was ever intimidated by it. I just want to sort the headings out now

I understand you are new and don't want to make a mistake but you are asking me to go over what is already explained.

From the Install_Readme.txt file

The second method is to use the headertags_seo_install.php

file in the database_files directory of this package. This

is easier to use for most people. All you do is upload

the file to your server, into the same directory that your

index.php file is in.

or, from the Install_Catalog.txt file

copy the included headertags_seo_install.php file to your root directory

And from the Install_Catalog.txt file

Upload all of the files in the included catalog directory.

So the instructions are all right there. If you don't understand how to upload a file, then you need to ask in the general support forum. If you don't understand what file to upload, I don't know how to state it any differently than what the instructions already state. If I'm still missing the problem, please ask again.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Great contribution, thank you a lot!

the only problem I have is the entry of Header Tags Categories Description. I use the Spaw-editor in the textarea and it doesn't write into the database. An existing entra in the database (made with mysqldumper) is read out, but with the update it will be deleted.

When I change the textarea field into an input field, everything works fine!

I hope, somebody knowns that problem and fixed it already...

Thanks Tommy

Edited by TommyBerlin

When i try import the sql file i get this error message:

SQL-kérés: Dokumentáció

INSERT INTO configuration( configuration_id, configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, set_function, date_added, use_function )

VALUES (

'', 'Automatically Add New Pages', 'HEADER_TAGS_AUTO_ADD_PAGES', 'true', 'Adds any new pages when Page Control is accessed<br>(true=on false=off)', '543', '3', 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'true\', \'false\'), ', now( ) , NULL

);

MySQL jelzi: Dokumentáció

#1366 - Incorrect integer value: '' for column 'configuration_id' at row 1

Can anyone help to this? :(

Sorry for my english....

When i try import the sql file i get this error message:

SQL-kérés: Dokumentáció

INSERT INTO configuration( configuration_id, configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, set_function, date_added, use_function )

VALUES (

'', 'Automatically Add New Pages', 'HEADER_TAGS_AUTO_ADD_PAGES', 'true', 'Adds any new pages when Page Control is accessed<br>(true=on false=off)', '543', '3', 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'true\', \'false\'), ', now( ) , NULL

);

MySQL jelzi: Dokumentáció

#1366 - Incorrect integer value: '' for column 'configuration_id' at row 1

Can anyone help to this? :(

Sorry for my english....

The error occurs because of the version and mode of your mysql. Try changing this part,
VALUES (
'',

to

VALUES (
NULL,

I haven't tested it but I think that will do it. There is more than line with that entry so you will need to change those too.

Jack

NULL,

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I upgraded to the latest version 3.0.7. Did the test run from admin -> header tags seo -> test and did recieve the following error message:

Database/File Mismatch Error:

The number of file entries in the database (6) do not match the number in the includes/header_tags.php file (23).

Did look at header_tags.hp, but did not find something like to tell me the number of files. But not really sure I am looking for. Also double checked mysql to see if something was missed. I see this was asked in post # 1343.

Would appreciate if anyone can explain for what I need to look at!

Thank you.

I upgraded to the latest version 3.0.7. Did the test run from admin -> header tags seo -> test and did recieve the following error message:

The number of file entries in the database (6) do not match the number in the includes/header_tags.php file (23).

Did look at header_tags.hp, but did not find something like to tell me the number of files. But not really sure I am looking for. Also double checked mysql to see if something was missed. I see this was asked in post # 1343.

Would appreciate if anyone can explain for what I need to look at!

Thank you.

You were almost there but then stopped for some reason. :) See posts 1345 and 1354.

Jack

Edited by Jack_mcs

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I guess I should went forward instaed of backwards. After refreshing pages, this is what I see now.

The number of file entries in the database (16) do not match the number in the includes/header_tags.php file (18).

Comparing drop down to header_tages.php, the two files below does not exsit in the drop down in admin. The below code is from includes/header_tags.php

// contact_us.php
 case (strstr($_SERVER['PHP_SELF'],FILENAME_CONTACT_US) or strstr($PHP_SELF,FILENAME_CONTACT_US)):
   $header_tags_array = tep_header_tag_page(FILENAME_CONTACT_US);
  break;

// database_setup.php
 case (strstr($_SERVER['PHP_SELF'],FILENAME_DATABASE_SETUP) or strstr($PHP_SELF,FILENAME_DATABASE_SETUP)):
   $header_tags_array = tep_header_tag_page(FILENAME_DATABASE_SETUP);
  break;

While I at page control lower right corner, I did type contact_us.php and updated. That did not add it. So there must be a step I am missing. Any advise?

Thanks.

I guess I should went forward instaed of backwards. After refreshing pages, this is what I see now.

The number of file entries in the database (16) do not match the number in the includes/header_tags.php file (18).

Comparing drop down to header_tages.php, the two files below does not exsit in the drop down in admin. The below code is from includes/header_tags.php

// contact_us.php
 case (strstr($_SERVER['PHP_SELF'],FILENAME_CONTACT_US) or strstr($PHP_SELF,FILENAME_CONTACT_US)):
   $header_tags_array = tep_header_tag_page(FILENAME_CONTACT_US);
  break;

// database_setup.php
 case (strstr($_SERVER['PHP_SELF'],FILENAME_DATABASE_SETUP) or strstr($PHP_SELF,FILENAME_DATABASE_SETUP)):
   $header_tags_array = tep_header_tag_page(FILENAME_DATABASE_SETUP);
  break;

While I at page control lower right corner, I did type contact_us.php and updated. That did not add it. So there must be a step I am missing. Any advise?

Thanks.

I can' t explain why the contact us page is showing up - possibly a naming problem? But the database_setup file should not be on your server. That is used to setup the database and, if left, will allow some fine person to reset your database for you.

If read the text above the lower right box, it should explain that entering contact_us.php is a mistake.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Good evening all. I have just installed this contribution and also have the EP installed. We have got 6 pricing levels for our store. They are Bronze, Silver, Golden, Platinum, Wholesale and Retail. The first 4 are based on membership levels, while the wholesale level is dedicated to our wholesale clients.

We have got a little over 200,000 items in our inventory files and I would like to know if there is a way that I can upload the prices for the individual items on a group-by-group basis.

Thanks in advance and have a GREAT evening!

Todd

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem. I've installed the Header Tag Controller contribution, and i'm using the STS Simple Template System. All appears to be fine except the option to add a product name in the admin part has disappeared. It has the extra options to add meta tags, but nowhere to add a product name.

Anyone have any ideas? .. It would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks V Much