• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Header Tags SEO

Jack_mcs

Hello, I checked the index, the header_tags, header, function-directory,etc with winmerge and the files seemed to be the same. I checked the test page with another webtool again and the tool told me, that the german page is just a forwarding to the english page. This will explain the effect.

But now is the question: Why is the german page (or french page) forwarded to the english page in the metatags-checks and google search ?

If you want to have a look at the side, please see this link: test german article

Thank you in advance for any help.

Anke

Maybe the tool you are using is at fault. Look at the actual contents using View Source in the browser to see if they are there. Otherwise, if the tags are correct in admin, then the problem is either with the index file or the includes/header_tags.php file.

Jack

Hello, I checked the index, the header_tags, header, function-directory,etc with winmerge and the files seemed to be the same. I checked the test page with another webtool again and the tool told me, that the german page is just a forwarding to the english page. This will explain the effect.

But now is the question: Why is the german page (or french page) forwarded to the english page in the metatags-checks and google search ?

If you want to have a look at the side, please see this link: test german article

Thank you in advance for any help.

Anke

Perhaps your shop isn't setup correctly to handle languages? Header Tags doesn't have the ability to change the pages. It just loads what it is told by the shop. So if it is loading the wrong language, the shop is telling it to. Be sure the other languages are filled in in Page Control and that your languages are setup correctly, both in admin and in the files.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Hey Jack

Got the Header Tags SEO installed and it works great

Found out what happened to the lay out

during the install I deleted small parts of code

that chaged the lay out

the code must have been embedded in code that had to be removed

Thanks again for the Great Contribution

IF you would take a look at site and see if there was something I missed

in the install Please !!!

http://mosgifts.com

Thanks

Ben

Edited by whitehawk43

Hi Jack,

Thanks for the wonderfull contribution v2.6.3 I use succesfull it on RC1

sorry to say but just a moment ago I made a problem for myself

allprods highlighted red on admin/header_tags_english.php and I excluded it. Check of missing pages didnt return allprods file and I actualy cant find it on a sever or even in the package, docs files are also silent about this file. Where it get it and how to use? I need it back.

Thanks again

This is the support thread for Header Tags SEO. Please ask your question in the support thread for the Header Tags Controller contribution.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

can we say the most important point of this contribution, not product_info.php?products_id=11292 but /computer/a435620

sorry i am new searcher on this subject.

I'm not sure what you are asking but if you are talking about rewriting the url, that is not what this contribution does.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

thx for answer,

as a beginner i would like to clear a few points in my mind. my english is not very good.

1- standard oscommerce links like www.shop.com/product_info.php?products_id=11292, (maybe mine old version). this is not good for search engine listing. www.shop.com/computers/a4 mouse kit with.html or with some file name will be better for listing. what i can see this link http://mosgifts.com <title>WILDLIFE GIFTS - Mo's Gifts & Things - Clam Shell Light</title>

explained in the beginning, -> Added code to have the breadcrumb use the header tags titles.

2- this one is the most uptodate and powerful one and a must?

regards

Hello.

I am having the following problems with HeaderTags_SEO_V_3.0.7 and STSv4.5.8:

Test Results

STS Error:

Required module entry, headertags.php, for STS not found.

STS is running and the head code in the index.php file has Header Tags code installed, which is a mistake.

STS is running and the head code in the product_info.php file has Header Tags code installed, which is a mistake.

STS is running and the head code in the product_reviews.php file has Header Tags code installed, which is a mistake.

STS is running and the head code in the product_reviews_info.php file has Header Tags code installed, which is a mistake.

STS is running and the head code in the product_reviews_write.php file has Header Tags code installed, which is a mistake.

STS is running and the head code in the specials.php file has Header Tags code installed, which is a mistake.

Database/File Mismatch Error:

The number of file entries in the database (16) do not match the number in the includes/header_tags.php file (22).

Only this one, when STS is OFF:

Database/File Mismatch Error:

The number of file entries in the database (6) do not match the number in the includes/header_tags.php file (22).

Edited by forumserf

Hello.

I am having the following problems with HeaderTags_SEO_V_3.0.7 and STSv4.5.8:

Only this one, when STS is OFF:

For the first one, you added code to the head section but you shouldn't have. For the second, try replacing the includes/header_tags.php file and then using the Add Missing Pages option in Page Control.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Why not ? I want to combine STS with Headertags.
Because that is not how to install it, as mentioned in the installation instructions.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack,

this will help me a lot when/if I can get it to work. My question is where/how to place the files in the index.php. I guess my file isn't the original file unfortunately.

This is where I think the line 70 replacement is. I've tried to do this on my own and it's not going to work.

Example:

<?php

if ($category_depth == 'nested')

{ echo "<div class=\"featured_item_heading\">Featured Items</div>";

include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_CATEGORY_PRODUCTS);

}

elseif ($category_depth == 'products' || isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id']))

{ if ($product_count == 0 && !isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id']))

{

echo "<div class=\"text\">Sorry, there are no products in this category.</div>";

}

else

{

// create column list

$define_list = array('PRODUCT_LIST_MODEL' => PRODUCT_LIST_MODEL,

'PRODUCT_LIST_NAME' => PRODUCT_LIST_NAME,

'PRODUCT_LIST_MANUFACTURER' => PRODUCT_LIST_MANUFACTURER,

'PRODUCT_LIST_PRICE' => PRODUCT_LIST_PRICE,

'PRODUCT_LIST_QUANTITY' => PRODUCT_LIST_QUANTITY,

'PRODUCT_LIST_WEIGHT' => PRODUCT_LIST_WEIGHT,

'PRODUCT_LIST_IMAGE' => PRODUCT_LIST_IMAGE,

'PRODUCT_LIST_BUY_NOW' => PRODUCT_LIST_BUY_NOW);

Mike

Mike Alwood

I'm sorry but that's beyond the scope of support here. There are a lot of templates out there that change the files, as your appear to have been changed, so it isn't practical to help everyone with such a changed shop. You'll need to figure it out yourself or pay someone to do it, unless you can find someone who is willing to do it for free.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

i installed it , but it doesn't work,

i dont see the files to edit in admin > Header Tags SEO > pagecontrol

Missing Code in File

The Header Tags head code for the index.php file cannot be found.

The Header Tags head code for the product_info.php file cannot be found.

The Header Tags head code for the product_reviews.php file cannot be found.

The Header Tags head code for the product_reviews_info.php file cannot be found.

The Header Tags head code for the product_reviews_write.php file cannot be found.

The Header Tags head code for the specials.php file cannot be found.

help me pls

Edited by melc12

i installed it , but it doesn't work,

i dont see the files to edit in admin > Header Tags SEO > pagecontrol

Missing Code in File

The Header Tags head code for the index.php file cannot be found.

The Header Tags head code for the product_info.php file cannot be found.

The Header Tags head code for the product_reviews_info.php file cannot be found.

The Header Tags head code for the product_reviews_write.php file cannot be found.

help me pls

The error are saying that it can't find the edits that should have been made to those files. Did you make those edits (in the <head> section)?

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

TEST Results (Header Tags SEO)

How can i fix this ?

You have to compare the entries in the dropdown in Page Control with those in the includes/header_tags.php file to find what files are causing the problem. There can be a number of reasons for the mismatch, like having duplicate or unused files present.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack,

Thanks for the fantasic contribution.

After installing the HeaderTags_SEO_V_3.0.7, and I got the issue:

When I go to edit the catalog/product, want to add a new product, there is only Products Description, Meta Tag Information Products . and Quantity..., but not the product name, so there is no product name display after updating.

I check install_catalog.txt and install_admin. I think I did all.

Where is the problem?

Many thanks!

Edited by vitamin_ebox

See the troubleshooting section in Install_Admin.txt.

Jack

I checked the troubeshooting section in Install_Admin.txt, there is

1. I set the permission of include/header_tags.php to 755.

2. I set the permission of admin/includes/functions/header_tags.php to 755.

3. I compared my categories with the one included gaven by you in the contribution by using winmerge.

After doing these steps, the problem( there is no product name display) is still exist.

4. when I go to the test and click the button on the test page, the error message:

Test Results

Missing Code in File

Thanks!

Edited by vitamin_ebox

If your cateories file is not working after installing Header Tags, it means you made a mistake in those changes. A file is included that you can use to find the problem.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons