• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Header Tags SEO

Jack_mcs

Jack

after installing the header tags seo I lost some of my lay out design

Like font colors and some of my back ground design any ideas on where I should look to

fix that ?

Also my index page title say this now

New Home page title

it use to read

Mo's Gifts,Unique Home Decor, Wholesale Gifts and Decor,Garden Decor,Home Accessories Gifts

Why ?

and now at the bottum of a product it reads

Currently viewing: WESTERN DECOR - products new home -

should it say -products new home -

could you look at my site and see what happened or what I need to do to fix

My url is http://mosgifts.com

And I need to say it again Thanks for a Great contribution

Ben

Hello all...

so i installed the Header Tags Seo...but i having a little problem on my categories links...

i will put my categories and sub below:

MP3 MP4 Players Principal

MP4 Players Sub category

3.5" MP4 Player Sub-sub Category

The links on each

On principal appear like this: catalog/mp3-mp4-players-c-21.html Its OK! But on the subs categories no...se below

On sub category appear like this: catalog/players-players-c-21_23.html (The first word players its coming from the last word of principal category, and the second word "players" comes from last word of the actual sub-category)

On my sub-sub category appear like this: catalog/players-player-c-21_23_24.html (the first word players comes from my last word of my sub-category and the second word "player" comes from the actual sub-sub-category)...

So... i want that on each caetgory the URL appear like this:

The principal is OK.

The Sub category must appear like: catalog/mp4-players-c-21_23.html

The sub-sub category must appear like: catalog/mp4-player-c-21_23_24.html

I have the Ultimate SEO URL's intalled too...

Anybody knows how to do this??

Rafael

OScommerce Rocks!

Hello all...

so i installed the Header Tags Seo...but i having a little problem on my categories links...

i will put my categories and sub below:

MP3 MP4 Players Principal

MP4 Players Sub category

3.5" MP4 Player Sub-sub Category

The links on each

On principal appear like this: catalog/mp3-mp4-players-c-21.html Its OK! But on the subs categories no...se below

On sub category appear like this: catalog/players-players-c-21_23.html (The first word players its coming from the last word of principal category, and the second word "players" comes from last word of the actual sub-category)

On my sub-sub category appear like this: catalog/players-player-c-21_23_24.html (the first word players comes from my last word of my sub-category and the second word "player" comes from the actual sub-sub-category)...

So... i want that on each caetgory the URL appear like this:

The principal is OK.

The Sub category must appear like: catalog/mp4-players-c-21_23.html

The sub-sub category must appear like: catalog/mp4-player-c-21_23_24.html

I have the Ultimate SEO URL's intalled too...

Anybody knows how to do this??

Rafael

Just found my solution:

On Admin/Configuration

SEO URLs - Add category parent begining of URLs >> set to False....

For that's that has a problem like mine... isnt a problem.. just a noob question... rsss

OScommerce Rocks!

after installing the header tags seo I lost some of my lay out design

Like font colors and some of my back ground design any ideas on where I should look to

fix that ?

The colors come from the stylesheet.css file. You may have overwritten some part of it with the Header Tags change or maybe your shop already had the h1 and h2 classes.

Also my index page title say this now

New Home page title

it use to read

Mo's Gifts,Unique Home Decor, Wholesale Gifts and Decor,Garden Decor,Home Accessories Gifts

Why ?

Header Tags uses its own data for the titles and meta tags. You have to edit that to have it say what you want.

and now at the bottum of a product it reads

Currently viewing: WESTERN DECOR - products new home -

should it say -products new home -

It typically says the title of the product. But if you have not finished setting it up, which it seems you haven't, then it might say that.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack,

I am preparing to install your contribution for Header Tags SEO. I have downloaded the complete package. Because I have made this mistake before, and at the risk of sounding like a dumb a**, where would I find the upload instructions.

My site is just about ready to go live and I would not want to do something stupid that puts me another month behind schedule.

I have read the 4 documents that were included with the download but do not see a set of upload instructions. I don't mean how to ftp, I'm past that, but I guess I am just reluctant to upload files that will overwrite others unless I can see that I am truly following proceedure. I for sure will back-up my files and database before anything else.

My version is 'osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2 RC2a' and I am assuming that it will be compatable for your most recent contribution.

Thanks for understanding. I have, like most of us, literally hundreds of hours into this and some of that is on re-do stuff which I want to avoid at any cost.

Fish

If you have made changes to your files, you upload the files in the catalog directory and then perform th echanges in the instruction files, as explained in the doc files.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

The colors come from the stylesheet.css file. You may have overwritten some part of it with the Header Tags change or maybe your shop already had the h1 and h2 classes.

Header Tags uses its own data for the titles and meta tags. You have to edit that to have it say what you want.

It typically says the title of the product. But if you have not finished setting it up, which it seems you haven't, then it might say that.

Jack

Thanks Jack that make more scense

and no to the H1 H2 I had to add that

am taking my time setting the Header Tags Seo setting

want to make sure it is right

Ben

Great Add-on!

Running latest version as of today, all installed correctly and working. One item, the timeout of fillling all tags (keywords). I tried to solve this by changing max_execution_time in php.ini to 0, the max_input_time 0 and the memory_limit to 64M

No joy,

It timed out still but took a great deal of time longer. Any suggestions on how to populate each keyword field with keywords independent of each product data? I read dozens of previous pages and you indicated to use Page control but did not elaborate how to exactly use page control to achieve the same results, one by one. We have 13,000 products....

Thanks.

Carry

Those are the only two options and, it seems, in your case neither would work. It is doubtful though that keywords extraced from a page using a script will product better results than the actual product name.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hello,

I installed header_tags_seo_v_3.0.7 and everything works fine, BUT

I have 3 languages in my shop (english, german, french). When I open our online-shop and look at the source code of the product_info-page, the metatags are filled in correctly, e.g.

<title>article1 german title</title>

<meta name="Description" content="article1 german description" />

<meta name="Keywords" content="article1 german keywords" />

If i check this german product-page of article1 with a webmaster tool regarding the metatags, the english metatags are shown. If i delete the english metatags of arcticle1, the english metatags from the page control are shown.

Why are always the english metatags are shown ? What can I do, that the german or french metatags will be used ?

Hello,

I installed header_tags_seo_v_3.0.7 and everything works fine, BUT

I have 3 languages in my shop (english, german, french). When I open our online-shop and look at the source code of the product_info-page, the metatags are filled in correctly, e.g.

<title>article1 german title</title>

<meta name="Description" content="article1 german description" />

<meta name="Keywords" content="article1 german keywords" />

If i check this german product-page of article1 with a webmaster tool regarding the metatags, the english metatags are shown. If i delete the english metatags of arcticle1, the english metatags from the page control are shown.

Why are always the english metatags are shown ? What can I do, that the german or french metatags will be used ?

Is the product page or an articles_manager page having the problem?

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Thanks Jack, quick question. We had all 13,000 already prepopulated with keywords and I issued clear tags command (duh...). I have a backup sql from the day before, any idea of a way to extract those originals without a full restore? Great mod!!

Thanks Jack, quick question. We had all 13,000 already prepopulated with keywords and I issued clear tags command (duh...). I have a backup sql from the day before, any idea of a way to extract those originals without a full restore? Great mod!!

The keywords are in the products_description, categories_description and manufacturers_info tables. Depending upon which options you had set, you would need to reload those.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Excellent contribution, thanks a heap. This is absolutely priceless, however I seem to have a problem with my index.php file.

All aspects of this contribution seem to work fine, but not for the index.php file.

None of the changes I make to index.php seem to work on-page at the front-end of the shop.

On the homepage (catalog index) the Title, Description and Keywords fields render empty as such:

<title></title>
<meta name="Description" content="" />
<meta name="Keywords" content="" />

However, on the categories or manufacturers index pages (listings pages rendered by index.php) the 'Default Tags' and 'Meta Tags' work fine.

When I click on index.php's checkbox reading 'View Result' I always get a series of 3 red rows or empty text boxes that appear below.

I have checked the installation and it seems to be fine. I had to manually hack a couple of sections because of things like More_Pics_6 but otherwise, it was pretty much 99% copy and paste. I cannot identify the problem's source.

Could someone point me in the right direction please? :blush:

Thanks in advance for your time..

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All aspects of this contribution seem to work fine, but not for the index.php file.

None of the changes I make to index.php seem to work on-page at the front-end of the shop.

On the homepage (catalog index) the Title, Description and Keywords fields render empty as such:

<title></title>
<meta name="Description" content="" />
<meta name="Keywords" content="" />

However, on the categories or manufacturers index pages (listings pages rendered by index.php) the 'Default Tags' and 'Meta Tags' work fine.

When I click on index.php's checkbox reading 'View Result' I always get a series of 3 red rows or empty text boxes that appear below.

I have checked the installation and it seems to be fine. I had to manually hack a couple of sections because of things like More_Pics_6 but otherwise, it was pretty much 99% copy and paste. I cannot identify the problem's source.

If you enter text into the index.php title box in Text Control and click on Root (and set the sort order), does that show?

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

If you enter text into the index.php title box in Text Control and click on Root (and set the sort order), does that show?

Jack

Sorry, I just worked it out. You're so fast to reply!!! Great! ;)

I had made a small change to the shop so that the URL would not have index.php in the URL when displaying the homepage. I forgot to edit FILENAME_DEFAULT on line 32 of header_tags.php to my newly set FILENAME_DEFAULT_HOME . :rolleyes:

Thanks for your prompt reply. Unbelievable! :D

PS

Where would I edit the code to change the default Title atribute seperator which is currently - (space-space)?

Edited by pegasus_paradox

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Where would I edit the code to change the default Title atribute seperator which is currently - (space-space)?

admin->Configuration->Header Tags SEO.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Dear Jack,

it is the product page in the shop-area. In the os online-shop everything seems to be alright, but when you check that page via a webtool, the wrong metatags are drawn.

Anke

Is the product page or an articles_manager page having the problem?

Jack

Dear Jack,

it is the product page in the shop-area. In the os online-shop everything seems to be alright, but when you check that page via a webtool, the wrong metatags are drawn.

Anke

Maybe the tool you are using is at fault. Look at the actual contents using View Source in the browser to see if they are there. Otherwise, if the tags are correct in admin, then the problem is either with the index file or the includes/header_tags.php file.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Jack

8/

What file would have the most likly place to over write my CSS style sheet and lay out

the Header Tags. php file ?

Thanks

Ben

Edited by whitehawk43

8/

What file would have the most likly place to over write my CSS style sheet and lay out

the Header Tags. php file ?

Thanks

Ben

None of them. The stylesheet changes are in the instructions. You would have had to make those changes manually.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack,

I have installed Header Tags SEO and to the best of my ability so far, it is correct. When I go to admin/Header Tags SEO and click, the browser goes to a 404

error. Can you direct me where to go to get this corrected?

Hi Jack,

I have installed Header Tags SEO and to the best of my ability so far, it is correct. When I go to admin/Header Tags SEO and click, the browser goes to a 404

error. Can you direct me where to go to get this corrected?

Be sure you have uploaded all of the needed files. Other than that, you may have made a typo with the changes in the admin section.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi jack,

I just add this topic to the new topic by mistaken, hope not be crossing issue.

Now go to the question:

I installed the HeaderTags_SEO_V_3.0.7, everything looks well.

But when I want to edit the header tags category title, clik the update, get this message:

1054 - Unknown column 'products_name' in 'field list'

update categories_description set products_name = '', products_description = '', products_url = '', products_head_title_tag = '', products_head_desc_tag = '', products_head_keywords_tag = '' where categories_id = '1' and language_id = '1'

[TEP STOP]

what is the problem? where need to change? blink.gif

Thanks in advance!

John

If the problem wasn't happening before, then you've made a mistake in the categories.php changes. Try using the included file.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons