• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Header Tags SEO

Jack_mcs

Sorry Jack... I am back! :blush:

Hopefully two quick and simple questions.

1) For the life of me I can't seem to get the Manufacturers to list anywhere. I am trying to get them to show when on the Categories and Sub-categories page (index.php). In Catalog > Manufacturers all the tag fields are filled in. Fill tags are set to fill empty tags, page control for the index.php besides the title, description and keywords, I have checked to include manufacturer and category.

Am I missing something? Or maybe the manufacturer isn't supposed to show in any of the meta tags on either the index.php or product_info.php files? Sure would be nice if Google can find the manufacturers at my site.

2) If and once the above is fixed, would you recommend that I upgrade or stay as is?

I looked in the zip file and it seems that I would have to upgrade version by version. :huh:

1 - Again, the items on Fill Tags are not settings. You have to select the items you want and click update each time you want to do something on that page. If you have ran Fill Tags for manufacturers, then you can go to admin->Catalog->Manufacturers and see the tags. Are they filled in? If not, that is the problem.

2 - You probably should update. Update instructions are done for each version from the previous version. So if you skip one, you may miss something that won't be included in the instructions for the next update. Otherwise, the only way to skip updates and know you have a full version is to do a complate install.

Jack

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

1 - Again, the items on Fill Tags are not settings. You have to select the items you want and click update each time you want to do something on that page. If you have ran Fill Tags for manufacturers, then you can go to admin->Catalog->Manufacturers and see the tags. Are they filled in? If not, that is the problem.

Yes they are filled in. Where exactly then should I see the effects of adding the manufacturers meta tag(s)?

When I view source on my pages I do not see mention of the manufacturers unless I physically add it in the product page as part of the product tags. But yet the categories show on the different pages. :(

2 - You probably should update. Update instructions are done for each version from the previous version. So if you skip one, you may miss something that won't be included in the instructions for the next update. Otherwise, the only way to skip updates and know you have a full version is to do a complate install.

Jack

I will do the update as you recommend. ;)

I figured it would be best to find where my current problems are and possibly fix them before updating. Just in case it has anything to do with haking around the categories description contrib.

Thank you Jack for coming to my aid once again.

- :: Jim :: -

- My Toolbox ~ Adobe Web Bundle, XAMPP & WinMerge | Install ~ osC v2.3.3.4 -

Yes they are filled in. Where exactly then should I see the effects of adding the manufacturers meta tag(s)?

When I view source on my pages I do not see mention of the manufacturers unless I physically add it in the product page as part of the product tags. But yet the categories show on the different pages. :(

In the includes/functions/header_tags.php file, delete this line
if (tep_not_null($_GET['manufacturers_id']))

The manufacturers should then show on the product and manufacturer pages. It won't show on a category page because there could be any number of manufacturers on that page, which would make the title and tags too long.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

In the includes/functions/header_tags.php file, delete this line
if (tep_not_null($_GET['manufacturers_id']))

The manufacturers should then show on the product and manufacturer pages. It won't show on a category page because there could be any number of manufacturers on that page, which would make the title and tags too long.

Jack

Thank you Jack!

I truely appreciate your patience and all the help you have given me.

;)

Thank you Jack!

I truely appreciate your patience and all the help you have given me.

;)

No problem. Besides, it helped find a problem in the code.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

No problem. Besides, it helped find a problem in the code.

Jack

Who'da thought I'd be useful somehow...? :wacko: :P

Seriously, thanks again so much. ;)

How utterly rude! (actually you are probably just brainless, but no excuse) this is a highly complex contribution that has taken the contributor an enormous amount of time to provide to you FOR FREE!

I'm sure Jack will not be the slightest bit bothered by your post as I see tons of posts every day thanking him.

I so wish I was a moderator so I could kick you off of this forum.

You don't deserve free contributions or support!

I TOTALLY agree. Unfortunately, this guy probably created a new screename just to "hide behind" to make this negative comment.

Jack, keep up the excellent work and you know where to find me if you need anything.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

Hi Jack

Have just uploaded the latest version the version Header Tags SEO V 3.0.6 is fantastic takes a bit of tweaking in admin but by checking the source code in Mozilla I got there in the end.

Now to my problem I have just uploaded the SQL file for version Header Tags SEO V 3.0.7 and am getting this error

Error

SQL query:

ALTER TABLE headertags_default ADD PRIMARY KEY ( default_title, language_id ) ;

MySQL said: Documentation

#1068 - Multiple primary key defined

what would you suggest should I first drop the old table and upload again????

Thanks John

Just ran the test in admin and am also getting this error

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: getbasefiles() in /home/siamshop/public_html/racing-team-jackets/joli/header_tags_test.php on line 184

Edited by joli1811
To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.

Hi Jack me again

I ran the 4 new SQL commands for version SEO V 3.0.7 singly. I think the first two might have installed ok the first time

not sure about this but when I run the last two lines I get this error

SQL query:

ALTER TABLE headertags ADD PRIMARY KEY ( page_name, language_id ) ,

ALTER TABLE headertags ADD KEY idx_page_name( page_name )

#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'TABLE headertags ADD KEY idx_page_name (page_name)' at line 2

Is it possible that a comma ( , ) is missing at the end of ... ( page_name ) ???

Just guessing do not know much about coding!

Thanks John

Edited by joli1811

First of the all, THANKS Jack very much for your support on HTS contribution.

I have the same problem as Joli1811 when i run those 4 SQL. then i chang it and run:

ALTER TABLE headertags_default ADD PRIMARY KEY (default_title, language_id);

ALTER TABLE headertags_default ADD KEY idx_default_title (default_title);

ALTER TABLE headertags ADD PRIMARY KEY (page_name, language_id);

ALTER TABLE headertags ADD KEY idx_page_name (page_name);

it seem successful.

I have one problem show up when i run test in admin, i got message say

The number of file entries in the database (82) do not match the number in the includes/header_tags.php file (6).

it might because i have Upload the includes/header_tags.php file and run Add Missing Pages in Page Control after i found that message. I know i have some modified files such as product_info0.php, product_info1.php, product_info2.php, in the original include>header_tag.php and database.

Is this error message hurt HTS, what can i do to go through this problem

Thanks very much.

Just ran the test in admin and am also getting this error

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: getbasefiles() in /home/siamshop/public_html/racing-team-jackets/joli/header_tags_test.php on line 184

You need to upload the files in admin since some have changed.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

First of the all, THANKS Jack very much for your support on HTS contribution.

I have the same problem as Joli1811 when i run those 4 SQL. then i chang it and run:

it seem successful.

I have one problem show up when i run test in admin, i got message say

The number of file entries in the database (82) do not match the number in the includes/header_tags.php file (6).

it might because i have Upload the includes/header_tags.php file and run Add Missing Pages in Page Control after i found that message. I know i have some modified files such as product_info0.php, product_info1.php, product_info2.php, in the original include>header_tag.php and database.

Is this error message hurt HTS, what can i do to go through this problem

Thanks very much.

Changing/adding a semi-colon to the end of the sql statement is correct.

If you have ran Add Missing Pages, the counts in the database and file should match.

Having backup files in the root with Header Tags code in the <head> section won't cause any major problems but it will increase the size of the list in Page Control as well as the sizes of the database and the includes/header_tags.php file. And the last two, if large enough, could effect the load speed of the page.

Jack

Edited by Jack_mcs

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

You need to upload the files in admin since some have changed.

Jack

Hi Jack

again thanks for the quick reply It seems indeed that the problem was the missing semi colons in the update sql text file

it seems to be working ok now.

I am now getting only 1 error admin/ Header Tags SEO/test

Test Results

Database/File Mismatch Error:

The number of file entries in the database (27) do not match the number in the includes/header_tags.php file (8).

can you advise please.

Perhaps I should install my sql backup and then update again not sure if anything is corrupted in the database.

Hi Jack

Just been looking at my sql database I have 27 rows in the headertags table

1 : index.php

2 : links_submit.php

3 : links_submit.php?parentid=0&lPath=2&sort=2a

4 : product_info.php

5 : product_reviews.php

6 : product_reviews_info.php

7 : article_reviews_info.php

8 : product_reviews_write.php

9 : .php

10 : specials.php

11 : allprods.php

12 : about_us.php

13 : links.php

14 : contact_us.php

15 : products_new.php

16: article_reviews_write.php

17 : articles_new.php

18 : article_info.php

19 : article_reviews.php

20 : articles.php

21 : article_reviews_info.php

22 : article_reviews_write.php

23 : articles_new.php

24 : article_info.php

25 : article_reviews.php

26 : articles.php

27 : info_pages.php

I think the reason for the error in admin/Header Tags SEO/test.php

****Test Results

The number of file entries in the database (27) do not match the number in the includes/header_tags.php file (8).

is because of the extra contributions I have installed so I think the error can be ignored!!!!

For some reason I have 6 extra empty rows ( colored in red above) in the SQL Database header tag table for the article manager do you think I can safely delete them??? There is also one empty .php row ( is there a reason for this ).

This is probably not so important as the header tags are working perfectly just thought I would mention it, a fantastic contribution

I have one more question which I will ask later do not want to confuse the issue

Thanks John

For some reason I have 6 extra empty rows ( colored in red above) in the SQL Database header tag table for the article manager do you think I can safely delete them??? There is also one empty .php row ( is there a reason for this ).

This is probably not so important as the header tags are working perfectly just thought I would mention it, a fantastic contribution

The counts should match. I can't explain the .php entry. You will need to look at your actual files to find the reason for that. Article Manager files have the Header Tags code installed because those files use Header Tags. If you intend to use the pseudo page function to add article manager pages, then those entries will need to be there. But they can be deleted now and added back later.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

The counts should match. I can't explain the .php entry. You will need to look at your actual files to find the reason for that. Article Manager files have the Header Tags code installed because those files use Header Tags. If you intend to use the pseudo page function to add article manager pages, then those entries will need to be there. But they can be deleted now and added back later.

Jack

Hi

I do not understand either I have another shop which I will now update from Header Tags SEO V 3.0.6

to version Header Tags SEO V 3.0.7 . The test php in version 6 gives no errors just to see what happens.

Edited by joli1811

Hi

Back again I updated my second shop with the .php files and then ran test and got the same error as before

Test Results

I Then tried to update the data base with the

I again got this error

ALTER TABLE headertags_default ADD PRIMARY KEY ( default_title, language_id ) ;

#1068 - Multiple primary key defined

any ideas???

ran the test php again same error so for some reason the data base is not being updated.

I have another older shop with completely different contributions which is still running on the old header tags 2.6 which I plan to update this evening will be interesting to see if the same error appears.

The header tags are working perfectly so it is really not a big problem just the test .php is giving the error in admin.

John

Edited by joli1811

Hi

Back again I updated my second shop with the .php files and then ran test and got the same error as before

Test Results

That part of the text page was just added with 3.0.7 so it hasn't been tested on too many shops. To find out what the problem is, go to Page Control, click on the file list dropdown and count the entries (except for the top two). Then open the includes/header_tags.php file and count the number of sections (each start with // filename.php). Those two should match. To reset everything, run the uninstall and install sql files and replace the includes/header_tags.php file. Before going to Page Control, go to the test page and see what it says. It it matches, go to Page Control to add the missing pages, then go back and test again. If it now mismatches, then I suspect the permissions are not correct on the file.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Thanks for your time Jack. I successfully upgraded from 3.0.0 to 3.0.6 and all is working great. Thanks..:)
3.0.6? Almost to the end and you stopped? :)

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

That part of the text page was just added with 3.0.7 so it hasn't been tested on too many shops. To find out what the problem is, go to Page Control, click on the file list dropdown and count the entries (except for the top two). Then open the includes/header_tags.php file and count the number of sections (each start with // filename.php). Those two should match. To reset everything, run the uninstall and install sql files and replace the includes/header_tags.php file. Before going to Page Control, go to the test page and see what it says. It it matches, go to Page Control to add the missing pages, then go back and test again. If it now mismatches, then I suspect the permissions are not correct on the file.

Jack

Hi Jack

I took your advice and ran the uninstall and install sql files and then ran the test which showed no error I had 18 file entries in the data base a few extra contributions every ok so far.

I am now trying to add pseudo pages they appear in the data base but are not inserted into includes/ header tags.php

thus giving the error below the permissions on header tags.php is set to 777

The number of file entries in the database (20) do not match the number in the includes/header_tags.php file (18).

The individual description/ keywords do not appear for the pseudo page which if I understood properly is possible I created a page for link manager and one for the article manager.

The links.php will show the text entered in admin and the header, when moused over, will also show the new text

( submit link,exchange link etc )

so far so good but when i add the pseudo page ( links.php?parentid=0&lPath=2 ) it will be entered in the database but only the default text will show it should be showing.

Health and Fitness,Health,Exchange links, which is entered in admin but it does not, it shows the links.php text

( submit link,exchange link )

The article manager is the same strange thing is that it will also not show the new mouse over text in the header just the default.

Well I personally think this is the biggest thing to happen in OSC since Chemos SEO I made a new site about 3 months ago and its on first page in Google for many keywords has not dropped after the first month which is normally to be expected. Not bad for OSC software.

Well somewhere along the way the SQL updates did not work a complete reinstall does the trick with the pseudo pages I am sure the answer will come soon fantasic work Jack.

John

3.0.6? Almost to the end and you stopped? :)

Jack

Well Ya... Because it was like a week ago, before you posted a new version! :) Took me a while to say thank you.

In reading the contribution page, I don't know if there is anything new that I need or would help me? I have my categories and product pages set. Only thing I'd like to change is the category pages, they have the correct category text, but they also have the LONG index page title, looks a little spammy. Other than that, I love the mod.

My big thing is the product pages and they look great.

Hi Jack

I took your advice and ran the uninstall and install sql files and then ran the test which showed no error I had 18 file entries in the data base a few extra contributions every ok so far.

I am now trying to add pseudo pages they appear in the data base but are not inserted into includes/ header tags.php

thus giving the error below the permissions on header tags.php is set to 777

The number of file entries in the database (20) do not match the number in the includes/header_tags.php file (18).

Ahh, yes, I didn't think about pseduo entries. That would throw off the count. Thanks for finding that error.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Bit of a noob question here but what is BTS and STS.

Im trying install this contrib,

So far i have updated the database everything seems ok there, Extra files are all uploaded, now its time to modify some code.

After updating the index page i get this error.

1146 - Table 'thebrass_osc1.TABLE_HEADERTAGS_DEFAULT' doesn't exist

select * from TABLE_HEADERTAGS_DEFAULT where language_id = '1'

[TEP STOP]

Is this ok? From the intructions it looks like I need to wait till i have finished the admin section the select "add missing pages"

Should I stop and start again or carry on.

Thanks

Gavin