• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Header Tags SEO

Jack_mcs

I have fill tags (all 3) set to "Fill only empty tags".

When I revisit that page they are back to "Skip all tags".

The Category and Sub-Categories seem to get appended to the end.

Is that normal or did I mess something up?

If it is normal having them on the end, do I want that or turn it off?

The options on the Fill Tags page aren't settings so they won't stay set.

Sort orders are required.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Lastly I still have an issue with adding the big descriptions to the categories and images. On the firts time a create a category the big description is not added if I go back and add the big description the image goes missing.

That's part of the categories page. Try using the one from the contribution.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

The options on the Fill Tags page aren't settings so they won't stay set.

Sort orders are required.

Jack

Thank you Jack.

So what you are saying is I want this - "The Category and Sub-Categories getting appended to the end."?

<meta name="Description" content="Online shopping for models, railroading, bead jewelry, tools and supplies - Car Models" />

or this -

<meta name="Description" content="Online shopping for models, railroading, bead jewelry, tools and supplies" />

Sorry, just trying to clear my foggy brain. :blush:

Edited by jhande

- :: Jim :: -

- My Toolbox ~ Adobe Web Bundle, XAMPP & WinMerge | Install ~ osC v2.3.3.4 -

Add the following to admin/includes/function/general.php before the last ?>

function tep_get_category_htc_title($category_id, $language_id) {
$category_query = tep_db_query("select categories_htc_title_tag from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " where categories_id = '" . (int)$category_id . "' and language_id = '" . (int)$language_id . "'");
$category = tep_db_fetch_array($category_query);

return $category['categories_htc_title_tag'];
 }

function tep_get_category_htc_desc($category_id, $language_id) {
$category_query = tep_db_query("select categories_htc_desc_tag from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " where categories_id = '" . (int)$category_id . "' and language_id = '" . (int)$language_id . "'");

return $category['categories_htc_desc_tag'];
 }

function tep_get_category_htc_keywords($category_id, $language_id) {
$category_query = tep_db_query("select categories_htc_keywords_tag from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " where categories_id = '" . (int)$category_id . "' and language_id = '" . (int)$language_id . "'");

return $category['categories_htc_keywords_tag'];
 }

function tep_get_category_htc_description($category_id, $language_id) {
$category_query = tep_db_query("select categories_htc_description from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " where categories_id = '" . (int)$category_id . "' and language_id = '" . (int)$language_id . "'");

return $category['categories_htc_description'];
 }

function tep_get_products_head_title_tag($product_id, $language_id) {
$product_query = tep_db_query("select products_head_title_tag from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " where products_id = '" . (int)$product_id . "' and language_id = '" . (int)$language_id . "'");
$product = tep_db_fetch_array($product_query);

return $product['products_head_title_tag'];
 }

function tep_get_products_head_desc_tag($product_id, $language_id) {
$product_query = tep_db_query("select products_head_desc_tag from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " where products_id = '" . (int)$product_id . "' and language_id = '" . (int)$language_id . "'");

return $product['products_head_desc_tag'];
 }

function tep_get_products_head_keywords_tag($product_id, $language_id) {
$product_query = tep_db_query("select products_head_keywords_tag from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " where products_id = '" . (int)$product_id . "' and language_id = '" . (int)$language_id . "'");

return $product['products_head_keywords_tag'];
 }
 function tep_get_manufacturer_htc_title($manufacturer_id, $language_id) {
$manufacturer_query = tep_db_query("select manufacturers_htc_title_tag from " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS_INFO . " where manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$manufacturer_id . "' and languages_id = '" . (int)$language_id . "'");
$manufacturer = tep_db_fetch_array($manufacturer_query);

return $manufacturer['manufacturers_htc_title_tag'];
 }

function tep_get_manufacturer_htc_desc($manufacturer_id, $language_id) {
$manufacturer_query = tep_db_query("select manufacturers_htc_desc_tag from " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS_INFO . " where manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$manufacturer_id . "' and languages_id = '" . (int)$language_id . "'");

return $manufacturer['manufacturers_htc_desc_tag'];
 }

function tep_get_manufacturer_htc_keywords($manufacturer_id, $language_id) {
$manufacturer_query = tep_db_query("select manufacturers_htc_keywords_tag from " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS_INFO . " where manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$manufacturer_id . "' and languages_id = '" . (int)$language_id . "'");

return $manufacturer['manufacturers_htc_keywords_tag'];
 } 

function tep_get_manufacturer_htc_description($manufacturer_id, $language_id) {
$manufacturer_query = tep_db_query("select manufacturers_htc_description from " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS_INFO . " where manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$manufacturer_id . "' and languages_id = '" . (int)$language_id . "'");

return $manufacturer['manufacturers_htc_description'];
 }   

===================================================================
Add to admin/includes/column_left.php before the closing ?>

require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'header_tags_controller.php');

Add to admin/includes/filenames.php anywhere before the closing ?>

define('FILENAME_HEADER_TAGS_CONTROLLER', 'header_tags_controller.php');
define('FILENAME_HEADER_TAGS_ENGLISH', 'header_tags_english.php');
define('FILENAME_HEADER_TAGS_FILL_TAGS', 'header_tags_fill_tags.php');

Add to admin/includes/languages/english.php before the closing ?>. Repeat
for any other language you would like Header Tags to work with.

// header_tags_controller text in includes/boxes/header_tags_controller.php
define('BOX_HEADING_HEADER_TAGS_CONTROLLER', 'Header Tags');
define('BOX_HEADER_TAGS_ADD_A_PAGE', 'Page Control');
define('BOX_HEADER_TAGS_ENGLISH', 'Text Control');
define('BOX_HEADER_TAGS_FILL_TAGS', 'Fill Tags');

Add the following in admin/includes/languages/english/categories.php
anywhere before the closing ?>. Repeat for any other language you would 
like Header Tags to work with.

define('TEXT_PRODUCT_METTA_INFO', '<b>Meta Tag Information</b>');
define('TEXT_PRODUCTS_PAGE_TITLE', 'Product Title Tag:');
define('TEXT_PRODUCTS_HEADER_DESCRIPTION', 'Product Description Tag:');
define('TEXT_PRODUCTS_KEYWORDS', 'Product Keywords Tag:');

Make the following changes to admin/categories.php

FIND (about line 61)

for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($languages); $i<$n; $i++) {
	  $categories_name_array = $HTTP_POST_VARS['categories_name'];

ADD after it

//HTC BOC
	  $categories_htc_title_array = $HTTP_POST_VARS['categories_htc_title_tag'];
	  $categories_htc_desc_array = $HTTP_POST_VARS['categories_htc_desc_tag'];
	  $categories_htc_keywords_array = $HTTP_POST_VARS['categories_htc_keywords_tag'];
	  $categories_htc_description_array = $HTTP_POST_VARS['categories_htc_description'];
	  //HTC EOC

FIND (a few lines down - around line 72)

$sql_data_array = array('categories_name' => tep_db_prepare_input($categories_name_array[$language_id]));

REPLACE with

//HTC BOC
  $sql_data_array = array('categories_name' => tep_db_prepare_input($categories_name_array[$language_id]),
	   'categories_htc_title_tag' => (tep_not_null($categories_htc_title_array[$language_id]) ? tep_db_prepare_input($categories_htc_title_array[$language_id]) :  tep_db_prepare_input($categories_name_array[$language_id])),
	   'categories_htc_desc_tag' => (tep_not_null($categories_htc_desc_array[$language_id]) ? tep_db_prepare_input($categories_htc_desc_array[$language_id]) :  tep_db_prepare_input($categories_name_array[$language_id])),
	   'categories_htc_keywords_tag' => (tep_not_null($categories_htc_keywords_array[$language_id]) ? tep_db_prepare_input($categories_htc_keywords_array[$language_id]) :  tep_db_prepare_input($categories_name_array[$language_id])),
	   'categories_htc_description' => tep_db_prepare_input($categories_htc_description_array[$language_id]));
  //HTC EOC 

Around line 260, find these lines

$sql_data_array = array('products_name' => tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_name'][$language_id]),
								'products_description' => tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_description'][$language_id]),
								'products_url' => tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_url'][$language_id]));

REPLACE it with

//HTC BOC
		$sql_data_array = array('products_name' => tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_name'][$language_id]),
								'products_description' => tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_description'][$language_id]),
								'products_url' => tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_url'][$language_id]),
								'products_head_title_tag' => ((tep_not_null($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_head_title_tag'][$language_id])) ? tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_head_title_tag'][$language_id]) : tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_name'][$language_id])),
								'products_head_desc_tag' => ((tep_not_null($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_head_desc_tag'][$language_id])) ? tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_head_desc_tag'][$language_id]) : tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_name'][$language_id])),
								'products_head_keywords_tag' => ((tep_not_null($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_head_keywords_tag'][$language_id])) ? tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_head_keywords_tag'][$language_id]) : tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_name'][$language_id])));									 
	   //HTC EOC

Around line 311, find these lines

$description_query = tep_db_query("select language_id, products_name, products_description, products_url from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " where products_id = '" . (int)$products_id . "'");
		while ($description = tep_db_fetch_array($description_query)) {
		  tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " (products_id, language_id, products_name, products_description, products_url, products_viewed) values ('" . (int)$dup_products_id . "', '" . (int)$description['language_id'] . "', '" . tep_db_input($description['products_name']) . "', '" . tep_db_input($description['products_description']) . "', '" . tep_db_input($description['products_url']) . "', '0')");
		}

Replace with the following

//HTC BOC 
		$description_query = tep_db_query("select language_id, products_name, products_description, products_head_title_tag, products_head_desc_tag, products_head_keywords_tag, products_url from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " where products_id = '" . (int)$products_id . "'");
		while ($description = tep_db_fetch_array($description_query)) {
		  tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " (products_id, language_id, products_name, products_description, products_head_title_tag, products_head_desc_tag, products_head_keywords_tag, products_url, products_viewed) values ('" . (int)$dup_products_id . "', '" . (int)$description['language_id'] . "', '" . tep_db_input($description['products_name']) . "', '" . tep_db_input($description['products_description']) . "', '" . tep_db_input($description['products_head_title_tag']) . "', '" . tep_db_input($description['products_head_desc_tag']) . "', '" . tep_db_input($description['products_head_keywords_tag']) . "', '" . tep_db_input($description['products_url']) . "', '0')");
		}	   
	   //HTC EOC			

Around line 394, find this lines

if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['pID']) && empty($HTTP_POST_VARS)) {
  $product_query = tep_db_query("select pd.products_name, pd.products_description, pd.products_url, p.products_id, p.products_quantity, p.products_model, p.products_image, p.products_price, p.products_weight, p.products_date_added, p.products_last_modified, date_format(p.products_date_available, '%Y-%m-%d') as products_date_available, p.products_status, p.products_tax_class_id, p.manufacturers_id from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd where p.products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['pID'] . "' and p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");

//HTC BOC
  if (isset ($HTTP_GET_VARS['pID']) && (!$HTTP_POST_VARS) ) {
  $product_query = tep_db_query("select pd.products_name, pd.products_description, pd.products_head_title_tag, pd.products_head_desc_tag, pd.products_head_keywords_tag, pd.products_url, p.products_id, p.products_quantity, p.products_model, p.products_image, p.products_price, p.products_weight, p.products_date_added, p.products_last_modified, date_format(p.products_date_available, '%Y-%m-%d') as products_date_available, p.products_status, p.products_tax_class_id, p.manufacturers_id from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd where p.products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['pID'] . "' and p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");
  //HTC EOC 

Around line 519, find this section of code. 

NOTE: There can be several instances of the code: 
for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($languages); $i<$n; $i++)	
so you need to be sure you have the correct one. The best way is to do a 
search for TEXT_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION, which is part of the code to be replaced.

<?php
?>
	  <tr>
		<td class="main" valign="top"><?php if ($i == 0) echo TEXT_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION; ?></td>
		<td><table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
		  <tr>
			<td class="main" valign="top"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES . $languages[$i]['directory'] . '/images/' . $languages[$i]['image'], $languages[$i]['name']); ?> </td>
			<td class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_textarea_field('products_description[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']', 'soft', '70', '15', (($products_description[$languages[$i]['id']]) ? stripslashes($products_description[$languages[$i]['id']]) : tep_get_products_description($pInfo->products_id, $languages[$i]['id']))); ?></td>
		  </tr>
		</table></td>
	  </tr>
<?php
}
?>
	  <tr>
		<td colspan="2"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '1', '10'); ?></td>
	  </tr>

<!-- HTC BOC //-->
<?php
?>
	 <tr>
		<td class="main" valign="top"><?php if ($i == 0) echo TEXT_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION; ?></td>
		  <tr>
			<td class="main" valign="top"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES . $languages[$i]['directory'] . '/images/' . $languages[$i]['image'], $languages[$i]['name']); ?> </td>
			<td class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_textarea_field('products_description[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']', 'soft', '70', '15', (isset($products_description[$languages[$i]['id']]) ? stripslashes($products_description[$languages[$i]['id']]) : tep_get_products_description($pInfo->products_id, $languages[$i]['id']))); ?></td>
		  </tr>
		</table></td>
	  </tr>
<?php
}
?>
	  <tr>
		<td colspan="2" class="main"><hr><?php echo TEXT_PRODUCT_METTA_INFO; ?></td>
	  </tr>
	  <tr>
		<td colspan="2"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '1', '10'); ?></td>
	  </tr>		  
<?php		 
?>
	  <tr>
		<td class="main" valign="top"><?php if ($i == 0) echo TEXT_PRODUCTS_PAGE_TITLE; ?></td>
		  <tr>
			<td class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_textarea_field('products_head_title_tag[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']', 'soft', '70', '5', (isset($products_head_title_tag[$languages[$i]['id']]) ? stripslashes($products_head_title_tag[$languages[$i]['id']]) : tep_get_products_head_title_tag($pInfo->products_id, $languages[$i]['id']))); ?></td>
		  </tr>
		</table></td>
	  </tr>
<?php
}
?>
	  <tr>
	  </tr>		  
	   <tr>
		<td class="main" valign="top"><?php if ($i == 0) echo TEXT_PRODUCTS_HEADER_DESCRIPTION; ?></td>
		  <tr>
			<td class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_textarea_field('products_head_desc_tag[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']', 'soft', '70', '5', (isset($products_head_desc_tag[$languages[$i]['id']]) ? stripslashes($products_head_desc_tag[$languages[$i]['id']]) : tep_get_products_head_desc_tag($pInfo->products_id, $languages[$i]['id']))); ?></td>
		  </tr>
		</table></td>
	  </tr>
<?php
}
?>
	  <tr>
	  </tr>		  
	   <tr>
		<td class="main" valign="top"><?php if ($i == 0) echo TEXT_PRODUCTS_KEYWORDS; ?></td>
		  <tr>
			<td class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_textarea_field('products_head_keywords_tag[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']', 'soft', '70', '5', (isset($products_head_keywords_tag[$languages[$i]['id']]) ? stripslashes($products_head_keywords_tag[$languages[$i]['id']]) : tep_get_products_head_keywords_tag($pInfo->products_id, $languages[$i]['id']))); ?></td>
		  </tr>
		</table></td>
	  </tr>
<?php
}
?>
	  <tr>
	  </tr>
	  <tr>
		<td colspan="2" class="main"><hr></td>
	  </tr>
<!-- HTC EOC //-->

Around line 679, find this section of code

<?php
 } elseif ($action == 'new_product_preview') {
if (tep_not_null($HTTP_POST_VARS)) {
  $pInfo = new objectInfo($HTTP_POST_VARS);
  $products_name = $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_name'];
  $products_description = $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_description'];
  $products_url = $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_url'];
  } else {
  $product_query = tep_db_query("select p.products_id, pd.language_id, pd.products_name, pd.products_description, pd.products_url, p.products_quantity, p.products_model, p.products_image, p.products_price, p.products_weight, p.products_date_added, p.products_last_modified, p.products_date_available, p.products_status, p.manufacturers_id  from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd where p.products_id = pd.products_id and p.products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['pID'] . "'");

<!-- HTC BOC //-->	 
<?php
 } elseif ($action == 'new_product_preview') {
if (tep_not_null($HTTP_POST_VARS)) {
  $pInfo = new objectInfo($HTTP_POST_VARS);
  $products_name = $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_name'];
  $products_description = $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_description'];
  $products_head_title_tag = $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_head_title_tag'];
  $products_head_desc_tag = $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_head_desc_tag'];
  $products_head_keywords_tag = $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_head_keywords_tag'];
  $products_url = $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_url'];
} else {
  $product_query = tep_db_query("select p.products_id, pd.language_id, pd.products_name, pd.products_description, pd.products_head_title_tag, pd.products_head_desc_tag, pd.products_head_keywords_tag, pd.products_url, p.products_quantity, p.products_model, p.products_image, p.products_price, p.products_weight, p.products_date_added, p.products_last_modified, p.products_date_available, p.products_status, p.manufacturers_id  from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd where p.products_id = pd.products_id and p.products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['pID'] . "'");
// HTC EOC

Around line 702, find this section of code

$languages = tep_get_languages();
  if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['read']) && ($HTTP_GET_VARS['read'] == 'only')) {
	$pInfo->products_name = tep_get_products_name($pInfo->products_id, $languages[$i]['id']);
	$pInfo->products_description = tep_get_products_description($pInfo->products_id, $languages[$i]['id']);
	$pInfo->products_url = tep_get_products_url($pInfo->products_id, $languages[$i]['id']);
  } else {
	$pInfo->products_name = tep_db_prepare_input($products_name[$languages[$i]['id']]);
	$pInfo->products_description = tep_db_prepare_input($products_description[$languages[$i]['id']]);
	$pInfo->products_url = tep_db_prepare_input($products_url[$languages[$i]['id']]);
  }

// HTC BOC		 
  if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['read']) && ($HTTP_GET_VARS['read'] == 'only')) {
	$pInfo->products_name = tep_get_products_name($pInfo->products_id, $languages[$i]['id']);
	$pInfo->products_description = tep_get_products_description($pInfo->products_id, $languages[$i]['id']);
	$pInfo->products_head_title_tag = tep_db_prepare_input($products_head_title_tag[$languages[$i]['id']]);
	$pInfo->products_head_desc_tag = tep_db_prepare_input($products_head_desc_tag[$languages[$i]['id']]);
	$pInfo->products_head_keywords_tag = tep_db_prepare_input($products_head_keywords_tag[$languages[$i]['id']]);
	$pInfo->products_url = tep_get_products_url($pInfo->products_id, $languages[$i]['id']);
  } else {
	$pInfo->products_name = tep_db_prepare_input($products_name[$languages[$i]['id']]);
	$pInfo->products_description = tep_db_prepare_input($products_description[$languages[$i]['id']]);
	$pInfo->products_head_title_tag = tep_db_prepare_input($products_head_title_tag[$languages[$i]['id']]);
	$pInfo->products_head_desc_tag = tep_db_prepare_input($products_head_desc_tag[$languages[$i]['id']]);
	$pInfo->products_head_keywords_tag = tep_db_prepare_input($products_head_keywords_tag[$languages[$i]['id']]);
	$pInfo->products_url = tep_db_prepare_input($products_url[$languages[$i]['id']]);
  }		 
// HTC EOC

Around line 805, find this section of code

echo tep_draw_hidden_field('products_name[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']', htmlspecialchars(stripslashes($products_name[$languages[$i]['id']])));
	echo tep_draw_hidden_field('products_description[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']', htmlspecialchars(stripslashes($products_description[$languages[$i]['id']])));
	echo tep_draw_hidden_field('products_url[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']', htmlspecialchars(stripslashes($products_url[$languages[$i]['id']])));
  }	  

// HTC BOC
	echo tep_draw_hidden_field('products_name[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']', htmlspecialchars(stripslashes($products_name[$languages[$i]['id']])));
	echo tep_draw_hidden_field('products_description[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']', htmlspecialchars(stripslashes($products_description[$languages[$i]['id']])));
	echo tep_draw_hidden_field('products_head_title_tag[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']', htmlspecialchars(stripslashes($products_head_title_tag[$languages[$i]['id']])));
	echo tep_draw_hidden_field('products_head_desc_tag[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']', htmlspecialchars(stripslashes($products_head_desc_tag[$languages[$i]['id']])));
	echo tep_draw_hidden_field('products_head_keywords_tag[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']', htmlspecialchars(stripslashes($products_head_keywords_tag[$languages[$i]['id']])));
	echo tep_draw_hidden_field('products_url[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']', htmlspecialchars(stripslashes($products_url[$languages[$i]['id']])));
  }	   
  // HTC EOC  

Around line 877, find this code

$categories_query = tep_db_query("select c.categories_id, cd.categories_name, c.categories_image, c.parent_id, c.sort_order, c.date_added, c.last_modified from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and cd.categories_name like '%" . tep_db_input($search) . "%' order by c.sort_order, cd.categories_name");
} else {
  $categories_query = tep_db_query("select c.categories_id, cd.categories_name, c.categories_image, c.parent_id, c.sort_order, c.date_added, c.last_modified from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where c.parent_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' and c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' order by c.sort_order, cd.categories_name");

and replace it with

// HTC BOC 
  $categories_query = tep_db_query("select c.categories_id, cd.categories_name, c.categories_image, c.parent_id, c.sort_order, c.date_added, c.last_modified, cd.categories_htc_title_tag, cd.categories_htc_desc_tag, cd.categories_htc_keywords_tag, cd.categories_htc_description from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and cd.categories_name like '%" . tep_db_input($search) . "%' order by c.sort_order, cd.categories_name");
} else {
  $categories_query = tep_db_query("select c.categories_id, cd.categories_name, c.categories_image, c.parent_id, c.sort_order, c.date_added, c.last_modified, cd.categories_htc_title_tag, cd.categories_htc_desc_tag, cd.categories_htc_keywords_tag, cd.categories_htc_description from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where c.parent_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' and c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' order by c.sort_order, cd.categories_name");
// HTC EOC

Around line 984, find

$category_inputs_string = '';
	for ($i = 0, $n = sizeof($languages); $i < $n; $i++) {
	  $category_inputs_string .= '<br>' . tep_image(DIR_WS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES . $languages[$i]['directory'] . '/images/' . $languages[$i]['image'], $languages[$i]['name']) . ' ' . tep_draw_input_field('categories_name[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']');

ADD under it

// HTC BOC
	  $category_htc_title_string .= '<br>' . tep_image(DIR_WS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES . $languages[$i]['directory'] . '/images/' . $languages[$i]['image'], $languages[$i]['name']) . ' ' . tep_draw_input_field('categories_htc_title_tag[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']');
	  $category_htc_desc_string .= '<br>' . tep_image(DIR_WS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES . $languages[$i]['directory'] . '/images/' . $languages[$i]['image'], $languages[$i]['name']) . ' ' . tep_draw_input_field('categories_htc_desc_tag[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']');
	  $category_htc_keywords_string .= '<br>' . tep_image(DIR_WS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES . $languages[$i]['directory'] . '/images/' . $languages[$i]['image'], $languages[$i]['name']) . ' ' . tep_draw_input_field('categories_htc_keywords_tag[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']');
	  $category_htc_description_string .= '<br>' . tep_image(DIR_WS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES . $languages[$i]['directory'] . '/images/' . $languages[$i]['image'], $languages[$i]['name']) . ' ' . tep_draw_textarea_field('categories_htc_description[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']', 'hard', 30, 5, '');
	  // HTC EOC

FIND around line 988
 $contents[] = array('text' => '<br>' . TEXT_SORT_ORDER . '<br>' . tep_draw_input_field('sort_order', '', 'size="2"')); 

ADD under it

// HTC BOC
	$contents[] = array('text' => '<br>' . 'Header Tags Category Title' . $category_htc_title_string);
	$contents[] = array('text' => '<br>' . 'Header Tags Category Description' . $category_htc_desc_string);
	$contents[] = array('text' => '<br>' . 'Header Tags Category Keywords' . $category_htc_keywords_string);
	$contents[] = array('text' => '<br>' . 'Header Tags Categories Description' . $category_htc_description_string);
	// HTC EOC

FIND (about line 1013)

$category_inputs_string = '';
	for ($i = 0, $n = sizeof($languages); $i < $n; $i++) {
	  $category_inputs_string .= '<br>' . tep_image(DIR_WS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES . $languages[$i]['directory'] . '/images/' . $languages[$i]['image'], $languages[$i]['name']) . ' ' . tep_draw_input_field('categories_name[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']', tep_get_category_name($cInfo->categories_id, $languages[$i]['id']));	

ADD under it

// HTC BOC
	  $category_htc_title_string .= '<br>' . tep_image(DIR_WS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES . $languages[$i]['directory'] . '/images/' . $languages[$i]['image'], $languages[$i]['name']) . ' ' . tep_draw_input_field('categories_htc_title_tag[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']', tep_get_category_htc_title($cInfo->categories_id, $languages[$i]['id']));
	  $category_htc_desc_string .= '<br>' . tep_image(DIR_WS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES . $languages[$i]['directory'] . '/images/' . $languages[$i]['image'], $languages[$i]['name']) . ' ' . tep_draw_input_field('categories_htc_desc_tag[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']', tep_get_category_htc_desc($cInfo->categories_id, $languages[$i]['id']));
	  $category_htc_keywords_string .= '<br>' . tep_image(DIR_WS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES . $languages[$i]['directory'] . '/images/' . $languages[$i]['image'], $languages[$i]['name']) . ' ' . tep_draw_input_field('categories_htc_keywords_tag[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']', tep_get_category_htc_keywords($cInfo->categories_id, $languages[$i]['id']));
	  $category_htc_description_string .= '<br>' . tep_image(DIR_WS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES . $languages[$i]['directory'] . '/images/' . $languages[$i]['image'], $languages[$i]['name']) . ' ' . tep_draw_textarea_field('categories_htc_description[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']', 'hard', 30, 5, tep_get_category_htc_description($cInfo->categories_id, $languages[$i]['id']));
	  // HTC EOC

FIND (about line 1022)
  $contents[] = array('text' => '<br>' . TEXT_EDIT_SORT_ORDER . '<br>' . tep_draw_input_field('sort_order', $cInfo->sort_order, 'size="2"'));

ADD under it

// HTC BOC
	$contents[] = array('text' => '<br>' . 'Header Tags Category Title' . $category_htc_title_string);
	$contents[] = array('text' => '<br>' . 'Header Tags Category Description' . $category_htc_desc_string);
	$contents[] = array('text' => '<br>' . 'Header Tags Category Keywords' . $category_htc_keywords_string);
	$contents[] = array('text' => '<br>' . 'Header Tags Categories Description' . $category_htc_description_string);
	// HTC EOC

Make the following changes to admin/manufacturers.php

FIND (about line 46)

$manufacturers_url_array = $HTTP_POST_VARS['manufacturers_url'];

ADD under it

//HTC BOC
	  $manufacturers_htc_title_array = $HTTP_POST_VARS['manufacturers_htc_title_tag'];
	  $manufacturers_htc_desc_array = $HTTP_POST_VARS['manufacturers_htc_desc_tag'];
	  $manufacturers_htc_keywords_array = $HTTP_POST_VARS['manufacturers_htc_keywords_tag'];
	  $manufacturers_htc_description_array = $HTTP_POST_VARS['manufacturers_htc_description'];
	  //HTC EOC

FIND (around line 56)

$sql_data_array = array('manufacturers_url' => tep_db_prepare_input($manufacturers_url_array[$language_id]));

REPLACE with

//HTC BOC
	  $sql_data_array = array('manufacturers_url' => tep_db_prepare_input($manufacturers_url_array[$language_id]),
	   'manufacturers_htc_title_tag' => (tep_not_null($manufacturers_htc_title_array[$language_id]) ? tep_db_prepare_input($manufacturers_htc_title_array[$language_id]) : $manufacturers_name),
	   'manufacturers_htc_desc_tag' => (tep_not_null($manufacturers_htc_desc_array[$language_id]) ? tep_db_prepare_input($manufacturers_htc_desc_array[$language_id]) : $manufacturers_name),
	   'manufacturers_htc_keywords_tag' => (tep_not_null($manufacturers_htc_keywords_array[$language_id]) ? tep_db_prepare_input($manufacturers_htc_keywords_array[$language_id]) : $manufacturers_name),
	   'manufacturers_htc_description' => tep_db_prepare_input($manufacturers_htc_description_array[$language_id]));
	  //HTC EOC 

FIND (around line 156)

$manufacturers_query_raw = "select manufacturers_id, manufacturers_name, manufacturers_image, date_added, last_modified from " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " order by manufacturers_name";

REPLACE with

//BOC HTC
 $manufacturers_query_raw = "select m.manufacturers_id, m.manufacturers_name, m.manufacturers_image, m.date_added, m.last_modified, mi.manufacturers_htc_title_tag from " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m LEFT JOIN " .  TABLE_MANUFACTURERS_INFO . " mi on m.manufacturers_id = mi.manufacturers_id where mi.languages_id = '".$languages_id ."' order by m.manufacturers_name";
//EOC HTC

FIND (around line 214)

$manufacturer_inputs_string .= '<br>' . tep_image(DIR_WS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES . $languages[$i]['directory'] . '/images/' . $languages[$i]['image'], $languages[$i]['name']) . ' ' . tep_draw_input_field('manufacturers_url[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']');

ADD under it

//BOC HTC 
	$manufacturer_htc_title_string .= '<br>' . tep_image(DIR_WS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES . $languages[$i]['directory'] . '/images/' . $languages[$i]['image'], $languages[$i]['name']) . ' ' . tep_draw_input_field('manufacturers_htc_title_tag[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']');
	$manufacturer_htc_desc_string .= '<br>' . tep_image(DIR_WS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES . $languages[$i]['directory'] . '/images/' . $languages[$i]['image'], $languages[$i]['name']) . ' ' . tep_draw_input_field('manufacturers_htc_desc_tag[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']');
	$manufacturer_htc_keywords_string .= '<br>' . tep_image(DIR_WS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES . $languages[$i]['directory'] . '/images/' . $languages[$i]['image'], $languages[$i]['name']) . ' ' . tep_draw_input_field('manufacturers_htc_keywords_tag[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']');
	$manufacturer_htc_description_string .= '<br>' . tep_image(DIR_WS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES . $languages[$i]['directory'] . '/images/' . $languages[$i]['image'], $languages[$i]['name']) . ' ' . tep_draw_textarea_field('manufacturers_htc_description[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']', 'hard', 30, 5, '');
  // EOC HTC

FIND (around line 224)

$contents[] = array('text' => '<br>' . TEXT_MANUFACTURERS_URL . $manufacturer_inputs_string);

ADD under it

// HTC BOC
  $contents[] = array('text' => '<br>' . 'Header Tags Manufacturer Title' . $manufacturer_htc_title_string);
  $contents[] = array('text' => '<br>' . 'Header Tags Manufacturer Description' . $manufacturer_htc_desc_string);
  $contents[] = array('text' => '<br>' . 'Header Tags Manufacturer Keywords' . $manufacturer_htc_keywords_string);
  $contents[] = array('text' => '<br>' . 'Header Tags Manufacturer Description' . $manufacturer_htc_description_string);
  // HTC EOC

FIND (around line 243)

$manufacturer_inputs_string .= '<br>' . tep_image(DIR_WS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES . $languages[$i]['directory'] . '/images/' . $languages[$i]['image'], $languages[$i]['name']) . ' ' . tep_draw_input_field('manufacturers_url[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']', tep_get_manufacturer_url($mInfo->manufacturers_id, $languages[$i]['id']));

ADD under it

//BOC HTC 
	$manufacturer_htc_title_string .= '<br>' . tep_image(DIR_WS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES . $languages[$i]['directory'] . '/images/' . $languages[$i]['image'], $languages[$i]['name']) . ' ' . tep_draw_input_field('manufacturers_htc_title_tag[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']', tep_get_manufacturer_htc_title($mInfo->manufacturers_id, $languages[$i]['id']));
	$manufacturer_htc_desc_string .= '<br>' . tep_image(DIR_WS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES . $languages[$i]['directory'] . '/images/' . $languages[$i]['image'], $languages[$i]['name']) . ' ' . tep_draw_input_field('manufacturers_htc_desc_tag[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']', tep_get_manufacturer_htc_desc($mInfo->manufacturers_id, $languages[$i]['id']));
	$manufacturer_htc_keywords_string .= '<br>' . tep_image(DIR_WS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES . $languages[$i]['directory'] . '/images/' . $languages[$i]['image'], $languages[$i]['name']) . ' ' . tep_draw_input_field('manufacturers_htc_keywords_tag[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']', tep_get_manufacturer_htc_keywords($mInfo->manufacturers_id, $languages[$i]['id']));
	$manufacturer_htc_description_string .= '<br>' . tep_image(DIR_WS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES . $languages[$i]['directory'] . '/images/' . $languages[$i]['image'], $languages[$i]['name']) . ' ' . tep_draw_textarea_field('manufacturers_htc_description[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']', 'hard', 30, 5, tep_get_manufacturer_htc_description($mInfo->manufacturers_id, $languages[$i]['id']));
   // EOC HTC

FIND (around line 253)

$contents[] = array('text' => '<br>' . TEXT_MANUFACTURERS_URL . $manufacturer_inputs_string);

ADD under it

// HTC BOC
  $contents[] = array('text' => '<br>' . 'Header Tags Manufacturer Title' . $manufacturer_htc_title_string);
  $contents[] = array('text' => '<br>' . 'Header Tags Manufacturer Description' . $manufacturer_htc_desc_string);
  $contents[] = array('text' => '<br>' . 'Header Tags Manufacturer Keywords' . $manufacturer_htc_keywords_string);
  $contents[] = array('text' => '<br>' . 'Header Tags Manufacturer Description' . $manufacturer_htc_description_string);
  // HTC EOC 

That's all;-)

ARE YOU KIDDING???

DO YOU EXPECT US TO MAKE ALL THOSE CHANGES JUST TO BE ABLE TO CHANGE THE META TAGS??

YOU COULD AT LEAST HAVE TOLD IN YOUR README THAT THIS PROCEDURE WAS SO RIDICULOUS LONG TO HAVE TIME TO STOP IN THE FIRST PLACE AND LOOK FOR SOME OTHER CONTRIB NOT THIS JOKE.

How utterly rude! (actually you are probably just brainless, but no excuse) this is a highly complex contribution that has taken the contributor an enormous amount of time to provide to you FOR FREE!

I'm sure Jack will not be the slightest bit bothered by your post as I see tons of posts every day thanking him.

I so wish I was a moderator so I could kick you off of this forum.

You don't deserve free contributions or support!

Edited by FWR Media

Hi Jack

I have now fixed the issue with the big description not being added and the image category image dissapearing through looking at my categories.php

I noticed that in the Rc2 categoriy.php file of your on line 867 and 876 you have the code: echo tep_hide_session_id() . '</form>'; whereas in my file in the same places it does not use tep_hide_session_id() .

Shall I add that code into my file?

So now I have only one remaining issue left and the is the header tags being appended to those set in SEO Header sesction in admin. Can you please point me in the right direction to which files I should have a look at if you my have an idea?

Many Thanks

TMM

Whats the point of a signature?

Thank you Jack.

So what you are saying is I want this - "The Category and Sub-Categories getting appended to the end."?

<meta name="Description" content="Online shopping for models, railroading, bead jewelry, tools and supplies - Car Models" />

or this -

<meta name="Description" content="Online shopping for models, railroading, bead jewelry, tools and supplies" />

Sorry, just trying to clear my foggy brain. :blush:

They're appended in whatever position the sort is set to. If category has a sort order of 1 and root has a sort order of 2, then then the category comes before the root (because 1 is before 2).

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack

I have now fixed the issue with the big description not being added and the image category image dissapearing through looking at my categories.php

I noticed that in the Rc2 categoriy.php file of your on line 867 and 876 you have the code: echo tep_hide_session_id() . '</form>'; whereas in my file in the same places it does not use tep_hide_session_id() .

Shall I add that code into my file?

So now I have only one remaining issue left and the is the header tags being appended to those set in SEO Header sesction in admin. Can you please point me in the right direction to which files I should have a look at if you my have an idea?

Many Thanks

TMM

That categories file is a copy of the latest RC2 version with the Header Tagas changes in it. If there are changes in the file that are not enclodes in a Begin and End Header Tags SEO line, then it is the original code. If oyurs doesan't match it, you have an older version of the file or one that has been edited.

What do you mean by "the header tags being appended to those set in SEO Header sesction in admin?"

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

They're appended in whatever position the sort is set to. If category has a sort order of 1 and root has a sort order of 2, then then the category comes before the root (because 1 is before 2).

Jack

Thanks again Jack for helping.

It doesn't seem to matter what I check and what number I assign, the category or sub-category always appends to the end.

Now I tried turning them off again and the category and/or sub-category always shows before the description and keywords. Go figure, they are off as before but stuck on. :blink:

I appreciate all the help you provide to me and the community along with all the hard work you put into creating free contributions.

Cheers! :)

That categories file is a copy of the latest RC2 version with the Header Tagas changes in it. If there are changes in the file that are not enclodes in a Begin and End Header Tags SEO line, then it is the original code. If oyurs doesan't match it, you have an older version of the file or one that has been edited.

What do you mean by "the header tags being appended to those set in SEO Header sesction in admin?"

Jack

"What do you mean by "the header tags being appended to those set in SEO Header sesction in admin?"

Jack"

Well it is quite hard for me to test the categories functionality since there is no documentation to create test cases against. So here is the scenario please indicate if the outcome is as what you you would expect.

TEST TO CHECK CATEGORIES META DATA

Step 1 Login into admin, DONE

Step 2 Navigate to Header SEO tags page control, DONE

Step 3 Select index.php, DONE

Step 4 Populate title, description, keywords, logo text, DONE

Step 5 Check category and give sort number 2, DONE

Step 6 Check product and give sort number 3, DONE

Step 6i Ensure no other boxes are checked, DONE

Step 7 Click update, DONE

Step 8 Navaigate to catalog, DONE

Step 9 Click on create new category and populate all fields, DONE

Step 10 Go to website and naviagte to this new category, DONE

Step 11 Click on view source through right click on page, DONE

Step 12 View meta data:

RESULT:

Title = index.php title + category title

Keywords = index.php keywords + catgeory keywords

Description = index.php description + category description

Is tha above result correct?

If your answer is correct please advise on how the category pages on live website can only have their meta data set without including the meta data from index.php. So it should be code after view source on category page:

Title = category title

Keywords = catgeory keywords

Description = category description

Many Thanks

TMM

Edited by themilkman

Thanks again Jack for helping.

It doesn't seem to matter what I check and what number I assign, the category or sub-category always appends to the end.

Now I tried turning them off again and the category and/or sub-category always shows before the description and keywords. Go figure, they are off as before but stuck on. :blink:

I appreciate all the help you provide to me and the community along with all the hard work you put into creating free contributions.

Cheers! :)

I suggest running the headertags_seo_uninstall.php and then the headertags_seo_install.php files. Then replace the includes/header_tags.php file with the original and try it again.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

RESULT:

Title = index.php title + category title

Keywords = index.php keywords + catgeory keywords

Description = index.php description + category description

Is tha above result correct?

No, that is not correct. The process of troubleshooting this problem has been gone over several times lately. Have you looked back through the thread? In short, replace the includes/header_tags.php and admin/categories.php files from the contribution and see if that works. You make a point of saying the category is added after setting up the page in Page Control. Does the order work correctly with an existing category?

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack

Okay

Just did a compare on all of the files and noticed that for some reason two of the header tag.php files were not properly transfered onto my website. About your question regarding category positioning that works fine.

Any way this fixes everything apart from a new issue.

When I add catalog/includes/header_tags.php and then navigate to a product all of the product information gets expanded beyon the size of my site which is 820px wide. This issue only occurs in IE7 and in Firefox appears as it is suppose to.

Any idea on this one?

Thank You

TMM

Edited by themilkman

Hi Jack

Okay

Just did a compare on all of the files and noticed that for some reason two of the header tag.php files were not properly transfered onto my website. About your question regarding category positioning that works fine.

Any way this fixes everything apart from a new issue.

When I add catalog/includes/header_tags.php and then navigate to a product all of the product information gets expanded beyon the size of my site which is 820px wide. This issue only occurs in IE7 and in Firefox appears as it is suppose to.

Any idea on this one?

Thank You

TMM

It's probably a missing image. When an image is missing, the alt text may be used in its place. Since the text is longer (wider) than the image, it stretches the page. FireFox handles this better than IE. Since your other files were not right, this would seem the most likely but it could also just be some coding error on the page.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi, thanks for the contrib, got it installed and working apart from one problem, I'd appreciate any help.

The header tags work exactly as I need them to for index.php and product_info.php. So that takes care of all <titles> and <metas> for the product listing pages on the site. I get category and product names in the <title> exactly as I want, great.

However, no matter what I do in the admin, I can't make it work for other non-product-listing pages, for instance contact-us.php.

If I select contact-us.php in the "Select an Option" dropdown I cannot override any of the settings coming in from the Default Tags. No matter what I do in the root string boxes, or sort orders, I only ever get the default <title>and <metas>. All I want to do is append "Contact Us" to the <title> in this instance.

I'm using MS2 and STS4, and apart from this everything else is working fine - any clues?

Feel free to take a look: www.kitchensolutions.co.uk

Edited by madshu

I suggest running the headertags_seo_uninstall.php and then the headertags_seo_install.php files. Then replace the includes/header_tags.php file with the original and try it again.

Jack

Thank you Jack, you're the greatest!

I appreciate all of your help. ;)

Have a wonderful weekend. :D

Hi, thanks for the contrib, got it installed and working apart from one problem, I'd appreciate any help.

The header tags work exactly as I need them to for index.php and product_info.php. So that takes care of all <titles> and <metas> for the product listing pages on the site. I get category and product names in the <title> exactly as I want, great.

However, no matter what I do in the admin, I can't make it work for other non-product-listing pages, for instance contact-us.php.

If I select contact-us.php in the "Select an Option" dropdown I cannot override any of the settings coming in from the Default Tags. No matter what I do in the root string boxes, or sort orders, I only ever get the default <title>and <metas>. All I want to do is append "Contact Us" to the <title> in this instance.

I'm using MS2 and STS4, and apart from this everything else is working fine - any clues?

Feel free to take a look: www.kitchensolutions.co.uk

Mind if I answer my own question? All filenames that you want to enable for Header Tags SEO have to be defined in /includes/filenames.php

So I've added an entry for contact-us.php to filenames.php and problem solved.

Hope this hepls someone, thanks again.

Had some minor problems after intalling header tags seo. So went back and restored to previous backup. So after all was ok, I reinstalled seo header tags mod. As of this moment, all is running ok.

But I notice a small error. I am sure this has nothing to with this mod. At product list and product info pages the heading is not visible. Text is only visible moving mouse over the text.

Please let me know if I am correct regarding this issue.

Thanks you all.

blr044

It's probably a missing image. When an image is missing, the alt text may be used in its place. Since the text is longer (wider) than the image, it stretches the page. FireFox handles this better than IE. Since your other files were not right, this would seem the most likely but it could also just be some coding error on the page.

Jack

Hi Jack

I compared all the files from your RC2 pack with those that I have and everything looks good.

The page only breaks when I add your latest includes/header_tags.php file and why it does not break with your old file?

I cannot pin point why the product information breaks the page and the right column falls underneath.

Any hint?

Thank You

TMM

Hi Jack

Or even anyone else who has the latest build 3.0.6 please try the following:

If you have a site that is smaller in width than the standard site that spread across the screen then you will obviously be ablt to test this.

1.Go set admin header tags seo/Page control

2.Select product_info.php

3.Uncheck all left column boxes

4.Click update

5.Go to any of your products and check if the site has expanded beyond your required width (IF YES then carry on these steps IF NO then end test on this step and feed back)

6.Also notice where at the bottom of your product information you are suppose to see another link to your product after the words: Currently viewing: the links does not exist

7.Go back to admin check say catgeory (1) and Product (2) and then click update

8.Go back to your site the width is the required width

9.At the bottom of the product info your product link appears after the words "Currently viewing:"

I am still going to test more, but if someone could please check this on their site I would be grateful.

Many Thanks

TMM

Edited by themilkman

Had some minor problems after intalling header tags seo. So went back and restored to previous backup. So after all was ok, I reinstalled seo header tags mod. As of this moment, all is running ok.

But I notice a small error. I am sure this has nothing to with this mod. At product list and product info pages the heading is not visible. Text is only visible moving mouse over the text.

Thanks you all.

blr044

BUMP...

Been solved - It was a typo error in stylesheet.

Thanks you all.

blr044

Did you run Fill Tags? Also, you may need to alter the color of the h1 class to match your design.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack

Or even anyone else who has the latest build 3.0.6 please try the following:

If you have a site that is smaller in width than the standard site that spread across the screen then you will obviously be ablt to test this.

1.Go set admin header tags seo/Page control

2.Select product_info.php

3.Uncheck all left column boxes

Doing that will disable the basic function of this contribution for the product page so, at least, the product option should be selected. As for the rest, I tested it here and it displays fine.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

A new version has been uploaded containing the following changes:

- Changed code in admin/includes/boxes/header_tags.php to handle page opening properly.

- Changed the configuration group number to prevent conflict with other contributions (reported by FWR Media)

- Fixed code in test file to correctly check tables for fields.

- Added option to test script to check for matching file counts in the database and includes/header_tags.php file.

- Added error message for pseudo page if it already exsits.

- Added type casting to admin/includes/functions/header_tags.php file to remove errors on some php versions.

- Added primary and index entries to the tables.

- Added code to prevent pseudo pages from being added to the base files that do not accept pseduo pages.

- Added code to delete the extra code added for pseudo pages when the base page is deleted.

- Updated documentation to better explain the available options.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

A new version has been uploaded ...

Jack

Sorry Jack... I am back! :blush:

Hopefully two quick and simple questions.

1) For the life of me I can't seem to get the Manufacturers to list anywhere. I am trying to get them to show when on the Categories and Sub-categories page (index.php). In Catalog > Manufacturers all the tag fields are filled in. Fill tags are set to fill empty tags, page control for the index.php besides the title, description and keywords, I have checked to include manufacturer and category.

Am I missing something? Or maybe the manufacturer isn't supposed to show in any of the meta tags on either the index.php or product_info.php files? Sure would be nice if Google can find the manufacturers at my site.

2) If and once the above is fixed, would you recommend that I upgrade or stay as is?

I looked in the zip file and it seems that I would have to upgrade version by version. :huh: