• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Header Tags SEO

Jack_mcs

I have an online shop running osCommerce RC2. It has SEVERAL contributions added. I am always afraid to add contributions, but I went ahead and added Header Tags SEO V3 on top of STS4 template. Some of the functions are working but some aren't. I think i had a previous version installed so i ran the uninstall then the install to hopefully fix it. When going to Admin>Manufacters and trying to change any of the options.. description, title, etcc.. I get the following error:

1054 - Unknown column 'manufacturers_name' in 'field list'

update manufacturers_info set manufacturers_name = 'Kit Rae', last_modified = now() where manufacturers_id = '72' and languages_id = '1'

[TEP STOP]

If I go to the admin section to edit a product, product description, manufacturer description, or keywords, it does not apply everything correctly. It will apply a blank space for the Product URL and nothing changes for the description that i set. FYI, I had previously had Easy Meta Tags installed. Thanks in advance.

Edited by BapeClothing

For HTC V 3.0.6:

When I go to, Header Tags SEO/Fill Tags/ Fill products meta description with Products Description? "Yes" limit 180 characters and, Fill keywords for all added pages from derived keywords on actual pages? "yes" / Products "Fill all Tags:

I still get the error:

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /home/wildcat/public_html/admin/includes/functions/header_tags.php on line 442

Would you please help to give your advise asap?

Best Regards,

It sounds like the addition of the page is working correctly in admin. The problem is probably in the includes/header_tags.php file. If you make a mistake and enter the name of the page wrong, like articles_info.php?art_id=1, that gets written to that file. If you delete just that page from admin, that code doesn't get deleted. If you delete the parent page, that file becomes corrupted. I just realized this testing your problem. So my guess is that file is at fault. You can try replacing it and adding the page back in to see what happens.

Jack

Hi, i found the error.

In the section for information.php file it is a typo for the id part. The original shows $page = 'information.php?id='; where it should be $page = 'information.php?info_id=';

Thanks for directing me to the header_tags.php file...

And thanks for a greate contrib.... :rolleyes:

// information.php information.php?info_id=6
 case (strstr($_SERVER['PHP_SELF'],FILENAME_INFORMATION) or strstr($PHP_SELF,FILENAME_INFORMATION)):
$page = 'information.php?info_id='; // The "info_" part was missing.
$parts = explode("?",$page);
$parts = explode("=", $parts[1]);
if (isset($parts[0])) {
 $found = false;
 $name = FILENAME_INFORMATION . "?" . $parts[0] . "=";
 $pageTags_query = tep_db_query("select * from " . TABLE_HEADERTAGS . " where page_name like '" . $name . "%' and language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");
  if (tep_db_num_rows($pageTags_query) > 0) {
   while($pageTags = tep_db_fetch_array($pageTags_query)) {
	if ($name . $_GET[$parts[0]] === $pageTags['page_name']) {
	 $header_tags_array = tep_header_tag_page($pageTags['page_name']);
	 $found = true;
	  break; 
 } } } 
 if (! $found)
  $header_tags_array = tep_header_tag_page(FILENAME_INFORMATION);
} else
$header_tags_array = tep_header_tag_page(FILENAME_INFORMATION);
  break;

I have an online shop running osCommerce RC2. It has SEVERAL contributions added. I am always afraid to add contributions, but I went ahead and added Header Tags SEO V3 on top of STS4 template. Some of the functions are working but some aren't. I think i had a previous version installed so i ran the uninstall then the install to hopefully fix it. When going to Admin>Manufacters and trying to change any of the options.. description, title, etcc.. I get the following error:

update manufacturers_info set manufacturers_name = 'Kit Rae', last_modified = now() where manufacturers_id = '72' and languages_id = '1'

[TEP STOP]

If I go to the admin section to edit a product, product description, manufacturer description, or keywords, it does not apply everything correctly. It will apply a blank space for the Product URL and nothing changes for the description that i set. FYI, I had previously had Easy Meta Tags installed. Thanks in advance.

I seemed to have fixed these errors by missing some code in categories.php. But now i am having the issue of no matter what page i go to on my site it is showing the default store name. Ex. "MyStore.com" is what it shows, which is under the osCommerce configuration. Why isn't it showing Header Tags SEO?

First, be sure the changes you made to that category are still there by going back to the category edit page. If it is, then go to admin->Header Tags SEO->Page Control and select the index.php entry. Check the category box and enter some number for a sort order. Update it and then either click on View Source or go to your site and refresh the page to see if the category is there now.

Jack

Hi Jacks

This is much better thanks for your steps that you gave.

The only problem now is that what this does is it appends the category meta tag data to the index.php default meta tags. So if the default description set in the admin/SEO header tags is set to something 200 characters long and in the left colum of the header tags section I set the same description this is not overridden by the new category description but instead just added on therefore taking the overall description size over 200 characters long.

I have also tried this step: I deleted the left column data and then went to category and filled in the required meta data. After doing this I went to the website category section and the did view source and then got the result that I wanted which is only on category meta data - however when going to the index page (home) the meta data was not showing and I was especting the page to use the default tags.

So what I am after is:

Is it possible to make the category meta tags overwrite the default and page index.php meta tags set in header tags admin? This way all pages that do not have customised meta tags retain the default data and where custom tags are set like on the categorty pages these are overwritten by the data add on category creation instead of being appended?

Many Thanks

TMM

Whats the point of a signature?

Hello, I have installed HeaderTags SEO v3.0.6 for MS2.

When I click on the link "Header Tags SEO"

I get the following at the top.

arning: array_multisort() [function.array-multisort]: Argument #1 is expected to be an array or a sort flag in /hermes/bosweb/web286/b2861/sl.tbourke45/public_html/onlinestore/admin/includes/functions/header_tags.php(812) : eval()'d code on line 1

Warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #2 is not an array in /hermes/bosweb/web286/b2861/sl.tbourke45/public_html/onlinestore/admin/includes/functions/header_tags.php on line 584

and then in red

Error Found Missing Tags:

Products table has 36 items with missing meta tag information.Categories table has 4 items with missing meta tag information.

And When I test my installation I get the following errors.

Test Results

Missing Database Error:

The products_head_title_tag field cannot be found in the products_description table.

The categories_htc_title_tag field cannot be found in the categories_description table.

The manufacturers_htc_title_tag field cannot be found in the manufacturers_info table.

The Header Tags head code for the index.php file cannot be found.

The Header Tags head code for the product_info.php file cannot be found.

I dont understand what has happind :angry: Please HELP!!!

For the first two errors, make the following changes. In admin/includes/functions/header_tags.php, find this code at line 584
 return array_merge($newfilesHdr, $newfiles);

and change it to

return array_merge($newfilesHdr, (array)$newfiles);

then find this code at line 802

foreach ($keys as $k){

and add this before it

$sort = '(array)';

For the missng tags, see the option to display them in Fill Tags.

For the last error, that will be fixed in the next release.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

[TEP STOP]

Try replacing your admin/categories.php and admin.manufacturers/php files with those in the contribuiton to see if the problems go away. If they do, compare the files with a compare program, like Winmerge, to find your mistaskes.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

For HTC V 3.0.6:

When I go to, Header Tags SEO/Fill Tags/ Fill products meta description with Products Description? "Yes" limit 180 characters and, Fill keywords for all added pages from derived keywords on actual pages? "yes" / Products "Fill all Tags:

I still get the error:

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /home/wildcat/public_html/admin/includes/functions/header_tags.php on line 442

Would you please help to give your advise asap?

Best Regards,

Filling the keywords that way means the pages have to be loaded and evaluated. That can take a while to run them all at once and some servers will time out. Try using the option in Page Control to load the keywords for one page at a time.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I seemed to have fixed these errors by missing some code in categories.php. But now i am having the issue of no matter what page i go to on my site it is showing the default store name. Ex. "MyStore.com" is what it shows, which is under the osCommerce configuration. Why isn't it showing Header Tags SEO?
It never shows Header Tags SEO unless you type that in for some reason. You have to go to each page in Page Control that you want to control the title and tags on and set them up.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jacks

This is much better thanks for your steps that you gave.

The only problem now is that what this does is it appends the category meta tag data to the index.php default meta tags. So if the default description set in the admin/SEO header tags is set to something 200 characters long and in the left colum of the header tags section I set the same description this is not overridden by the new category description but instead just added on therefore taking the overall description size over 200 characters long.

I have also tried this step: I deleted the left column data and then went to category and filled in the required meta data. After doing this I went to the website category section and the did view source and then got the result that I wanted which is only on category meta data - however when going to the index page (home) the meta data was not showing and I was especting the page to use the default tags.

So what I am after is:

Is it possible to make the category meta tags overwrite the default and page index.php meta tags set in header tags admin? This way all pages that do not have customised meta tags retain the default data and where custom tags are set like on the categorty pages these are overwritten by the data add on category creation instead of being appended?

Many Thanks

TMM

Uncheck the Default Description checkbox for that page.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Uncheck the Default Description checkbox for that page.

Jack

Hi the page that controls category meta tags is index.php and it already does not have the Default Description box checked.

So that means that for the home page to have meta data - I have to populate the data from the Header Tags SEO admin section. Since this index.php page is used by the categories page it can only append category meta data to the existing index.php meta data.

So for example:

index.php has keyword: wine

I create a category called Vintage and add the keyword Vintage.

I navigate to that category page and do a view source the keywords that I will see are: wine, vintage - and not just 'vintage' which is what I want.

I hope this hasn't been asked recently, I searched and couldn't find anything.

How can I re-order what shows up in title on product_info pages?

Right now on my product_info pages the title is the category name, then the product name. I'd like to switch them and have the product name first. Is that possible?

Thank you in advance.

It never shows Header Tags SEO unless you type that in for some reason. You have to go to each page in Page Control that you want to control the title and tags on and set them up.

Jack

Jack, thanks for the response. What I am saying is, shouldnt it generate all of my products meta descscriptions, etc?

Jack, thanks for the response. What I am saying is, shouldnt it generate all of my products meta descscriptions, etc?

I did exactly what you said and used Beyond Compare to compare the files included with the Contrib with mine. I set everything how it should and pretty much merged the files. I am not receiving any errors at all but when I try to update the meta tags in the admin panel for Manufacturers, products, or categories, it saves them but then when I go to the pages, it still has the "MyStore.com", and thats it. NO meta description, keywords, or anything.

What is the best way of testing it the meta tags have been complete??

Sorry this is a noob question

I'm not sure I understand your question but if you have ran Fill Tags, you can look in the categories and products edit pages to see that they have been filled. There will also be a warning in Page Control telling you of missing ones unless that option is turned off.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi the page that controls category meta tags is index.php and it already does not have the Default Description box checked.

So that means that for the home page to have meta data - I have to populate the data from the Header Tags SEO admin section. Since this index.php page is used by the categories page it can only append category meta data to the existing index.php meta data.

So for example:

index.php has keyword: wine

I create a category called Vintage and add the keyword Vintage.

I navigate to that category page and do a view source the keywords that I will see are: wine, vintage - and not just 'vintage' which is what I want.

Uncheck the root box for the index.php page.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I hope this hasn't been asked recently, I searched and couldn't find anything.

How can I re-order what shows up in title on product_info pages?

Right now on my product_info pages the title is the category name, then the product name. I'd like to switch them and have the product name first. Is that possible?

Thank you in advance.

Change the number in the sort order boxes in Page Control for the product_info.php page.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Yes, if you run Fill Tags.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I did exactly what you said and used Beyond Compare to compare the files included with the Contrib with mine. I set everything how it should and pretty much merged the files. I am not receiving any errors at all but when I try to update the meta tags in the admin panel for Manufacturers, products, or categories, it saves them but then when I go to the pages, it still has the "MyStore.com", and thats it. NO meta description, keywords, or anything.
If the title and tags are filled in in admin, then the problem is probably on the shop side. That means the file that is having the problem, like index.php and the includes/header_tags.php file. The latter can be replaced with the one from the contribution to see if it is at fault.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

If the title and tags are filled in in admin, then the problem is probably on the shop side. That means the file that is having the problem, like index.php and the includes/header_tags.php file. The latter can be replaced with the one from the contribution to see if it is at fault.

Jack

Hmm, very odd. When I use the Fill Tags it fills everything in the admin, but when I go to the product pages, category pages, manufacturers, etc.. and view source, its only showing the <title> tag with "MyStore.com" and no other meta tags. Did I do something wrong in my STS template? Do you think you could show me what the <HEAD></HEAD> of my STS templates should look like? Does the STS templates have to have <TITLE> in them? Thanks.

Uncheck the root box for the index.php page.

Jack

Root box for index.php?? Where is that? In admin/header tags seo - all boxes on left column for index php are all unchecked aprt from category which also has a sort number of 2. On the right column for default tags the only thing checked is NOODP and NOYDIR.

Please advise.

Thanks

when i run the test file i get these errors.

Missing File Error:

Cannot find file /admin/header_tags_seo.php.

Cannot find file /admin/header_tags_fill_tags.php.

Cannot find file /admin/includes/header_tags_seo_words.txt.

Cannot find file /admin/includes/functions/header_tags.php.

Cannot find file /admin/includes/boxes/header_tags_seo.php.

Cannot find file /admin/includes/languages/english/header_tags_seo.php.

I've checked and all these files are in the location that they should be.

Edited by NimaP

You have to add a meta tag with nofollow in it in the head section of each page you want it to apply to. The tag would probably be
<META NAME="ROBOTS" CONTENT="INDEX, NOFOLLOW">

If you have Header Tags SEO installed, that tag can be enabled by clicking on its option in admin, although you would have to edit the actual code to change it to NOFOLLOW.

Jack

Hi Jack

I have Header tags enabled.

Do I enable the tag by going into Meta Tags and clicking on the "Robots" box?

Thanks

Change the number in the sort order boxes in Page Control for the product_info.php page.

Jack

Thank you! That did it. Well, I just changed the sort in the header_tags.php file, was easier and permission settings and all.

I didn't see anything for the category pages, is it possible to change those? The titles for my categories show up at the very end.

If I haven't said it, thanks for the mod, it is great!