• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Header Tags SEO

Jack_mcs

Allright, I will be waiting for your next version of the amazing Header Tags SEO!

Also, I have a question: You have included 19 bookmark icons but on my product.info page i only see 6 of them. How can I get all 19 bookmarks on my page?

Thanks Jack

The code in the includes/modules/header_tags_social_bookmarks.php can be modified to display more of the images. I think someone posted that not too long ago in this thread. But for the most part, adding more bookmarks to the code is just a matter of copying/pasting a row that's there and changing the relevant names.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

ive just installed this contrib to one of my stores in an attempt to help its google serp and pr.

however, Ive hit a problem when using the 'fill tags' aspect.

whevever I add a new category or subcategory all that is displayed is "< html xmlns="http://www.w3. org/19 99/xhtml" lan g="en" xml:lang="en"> "

Please see the documnetation for failures with the categories file.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Jack,

Thank you for your patience. I have found my error and my ability to duplicate my products has returned!

I love the program you have created, thank you for bearing with me.

Ian

Not a problem. I'm glad you got it working.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi everybody,

I posted here some days ago that I can't put the manufacturer name in the products page tittle.

I installed the lastest vesrsion of this contrib and I get different result when I configure the tittle.

If I don't check the any boxes to include I get the CATEGORY¡¡¡ and It's unchecked.

If I don't check the category and I check the rest of boxes, I get all... without the manufacturer...

Somebody have the same problem? can't show the manufacturer?

Regards,

Javier

I installed the lastest vesrsion of this contrib and I get different result when I configure the tittle.

If I don't check the any boxes to include I get the CATEGORY¡¡¡ and It's unchecked.

If I don't check the category and I check the rest of boxes, I get all... without the manufacturer...

Somebody have the same problem? can't show the manufacturer?

First, you have to have the manufacturer box checked in page control. Then you have to be on a page that can display the manufacturer. You might also want to check in the Admin->Catalog->Manufacturers to make sure entries actually exist.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

First, you have to have the manufacturer box checked in page control.

I have it.

Then you have to be on a page that can display the manufacturer.

Product page, isn't it?

You might also want to check in the Admin->Catalog->Manufacturers to make sure entries actually exist.

Jack

Yes, I have it.

I am sure that it isn't it a configuration problem...

Thanks.

I have it.

Product page, isn't it?

Yes, I have it.

I am sure that it isn't it a configuration problem...

Thanks.

If the title and tags fields are filled in admin, then it's probably the index.php file. You need to check that file and make sure it has all of the changes as mentioned in the install instructions.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack mcs - I had installed the header tags V 3.0.4 1 2 and today noticed that when I entered the meta tags for categories they where only shown on page and when doing view source the meta tags being used were the default ones.

I take it that doing the fixes for V 3.0.5 and V3.0.6 will fix this issue?

Can I just download V.3.0.6 or do I first have to upgrade to V.3.0.5 then V3.0.6?

Many Thanks

Whats the point of a signature?

Hi Jack mcs - I had installed the header tags V 3.0.4 1 2 and today noticed that when I entered the meta tags for categories they where only shown on page and when doing view source the meta tags being used were the default ones.

I take it that doing the fixes for V 3.0.5 and V3.0.6 will fix this issue?

Can I just download V.3.0.6 or do I first have to upgrade to V.3.0.5 then V3.0.6?

Many Thanks

I don't know if upgrading will fix your problem or not. There are upgrade instructions included in each version.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I try to use the "Add a Pseudo Page" function, but i cant get it to work with information pages unlimited v2042.

I ran add missing page nad information.php (ipuv2042) is there with its own tags, then i add information.php?info_id=6 in the pseudo box and update.

I then select information.php?info_id=6 from the drop down box and add tags.

When i then select the information page with id 6 i gor the tags from the information.php file insted of the id =6 page.

I also use SEO urls and have rewriting enabled. the url that shows in browser is testinfo-i-6.html and accessing this url "information.php?info_id=6" is rewriting to testinfo-i-6.html

After i add this i run fill tags, and i have tryed all, empty, ...

Is there a solution to this or is pseudo not intended to work this way or am i doing somthing wrong..

Version 3.06

Edited by www.in.no

Hi Jack,

Before I had a clue what I was doing with adding contribs to my shop, I added the Category Description 5.02 contrib.

It seems to conflict with Header Tags SEO in a few places.

I am wondering if I should just remove the Category Description contrib?

I assume the Header Tags will be filling in a description on the categories and product info pages such as the afore mentioned contrib?

:blush:

- :: Jim :: -

- My Toolbox ~ Adobe Web Bundle, XAMPP & WinMerge | Install ~ osC v2.3.3.4 -

I don't know if upgrading will fix your problem or not. There are upgrade instructions included in each version.

Jack

Hi Jack

In the install that I have already done I added actual code in say the product_info.php and this allowed me to change the header tags for that page. Is it that I am not able to amed the category meta tags because it doe not contain code to change the category page meta tags.

If I want to be able to change the tags on the category home page to what files shall I add the header tag code like I did for product_info.php?

Many Thanks

I try to use the "Add a Pseudo Page" function, but i cant get it to work with information pages unlimited v2042.

I ran add missing page nad information.php (ipuv2042) is there with its own tags, then i add information.php?info_id=6 in the pseudo box and update.

I then select information.php?info_id=6 from the drop down box and add tags.

When i then select the information page with id 6 i gor the tags from the information.php file insted of the id =6 page.

I also use SEO urls and have rewriting enabled. the url that shows in browser is testinfo-i-6.html and accessing this url "information.php?info_id=6" is rewriting to testinfo-i-6.html

After i add this i run fill tags, and i have tryed all, empty, ...

Is there a solution to this or is pseudo not intended to work this way or am i doing somthing wrong..

Version 3.06

It sounds like the addition of the page is working correctly in admin. The problem is probably in the includes/header_tags.php file. If you make a mistake and enter the name of the page wrong, like articles_info.php?art_id=1, that gets written to that file. If you delete just that page from admin, that code doesn't get deleted. If you delete the parent page, that file becomes corrupted. I just realized this testing your problem. So my guess is that file is at fault. You can try replacing it and adding the page back in to see what happens.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack,

Before I had a clue what I was doing with adding contribs to my shop, I added the Category Description 5.02 contrib.

It seems to conflict with Header Tags SEO in a few places.

I am wondering if I should just remove the Category Description contrib?

I assume the Header Tags will be filling in a description on the categories and product info pages such as the afore mentioned contrib?

:blush:

Yes, they serve the same purpose in that respect. You can leave Categories Description enabled, in which case that part of the Header Tags code won't be used.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack

In the install that I have already done I added actual code in say the product_info.php and this allowed me to change the header tags for that page. Is it that I am not able to amed the category meta tags because it doe not contain code to change the category page meta tags.

If I want to be able to change the tags on the category home page to what files shall I add the header tag code like I did for product_info.php?

Many Thanks

I'm sorry but I can't follow any of that. I can't see what adding code the product page has to do with the tags on the category pages. Can you describe the problem or what you are wanting to do?

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

If the title and tags fields are filled in admin, then it's probably the index.php file. You need to check that file and make sure it has all of the changes as mentioned in the install instructions.

Jack

Hi Jack,

I checked the index.php and everything is exactly like the install doc.

I think that I can't do it in my life...

Thanks again,

Javier

I'm sorry but I can't follow any of that. I can't see what adding code the product page has to do with the tags on the category pages. Can you describe the problem or what you are wanting to do?

Jack

Yeah sure...

Okay, I log into admin

I create a category and when doing so it asks for the category name, image, Header Tags Category Title, Header Tags Category Description, Header Tags Category Keywords.

I populate all these details but find that when I go to my site and navigate to this category and do a 'view source' by right clicking the page and selecting 'view source' that the meta tags are not those that I entered when creating the category but instead the default meta tags I have set.

So to sum it all up - I would like to control the meta tag value for my category pages.

I am currently using 3.0.4 so please advise on how I can control the meta tags for the category pages.

Many Thanks

TMM

Is there a way to get rid of the "currently viewing" line when the Header Tags SEO contribution is installed?

If so, how can I get rid of it?

Sorry if this is already answered somewhere, but I couldn't find it.

Many thanks in advance,

Erik.

Yes, they serve the same purpose in that respect. You can leave Categories Description enabled, in which case that part of the Header Tags code won't be used.

Jack

Thank you Jack. :)

One more question just so I am clear and sure... :blush:

So I DO NOT try to "merge" the parts from both Header Tags and Cat desc?

I just leave out the Header Tags part of editing where Cat Desc already is?

Yeah sure...

Okay, I log into admin

I create a category and when doing so it asks for the category name, image, Header Tags Category Title, Header Tags Category Description, Header Tags Category Keywords.

I populate all these details but find that when I go to my site and navigate to this category and do a 'view source' by right clicking the page and selecting 'view source' that the meta tags are not those that I entered when creating the category but instead the default meta tags I have set.

So to sum it all up - I would like to control the meta tag value for my category pages.

I am currently using 3.0.4 so please advise on how I can control the meta tags for the category pages.

First, be sure the changes you made to that category are still there by going back to the category edit page. If it is, then go to admin->Header Tags SEO->Page Control and select the index.php entry. Check the category box and enter some number for a sort order. Update it and then either click on View Source or go to your site and refresh the page to see if the category is there now.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Is there a way to get rid of the "currently viewing" line when the Header Tags SEO contribution is installed?

If so, how can I get rid of it?

Sorry if this is already answered somewhere, but I couldn't find it.

Many thanks in advance,

Erik.

There's not an option for removing that, you will have to edit the code. It is one of the edits you made in the product_info.php file when installing the contribution. Just delete that section of code (search for TEXT_VIEWING).

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Thank you Jack. :)

One more question just so I am clear and sure... :blush:

So I DO NOT try to "merge" the parts from both Header Tags and Cat desc?

I just leave out the Header Tags part of editing where Cat Desc already is?

Yes, that's correct. Most of the changes to the body of the index can be skipped as well as parts of the changes to admin/categories.php. The parts to skip will be obvious since the existing code will be marked as being part of that contribution.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hello, I have installed HeaderTags SEO v3.0.6 for MS2.

When I click on the link "Header Tags SEO"

I get the following at the top.

arning: array_multisort() [function.array-multisort]: Argument #1 is expected to be an array or a sort flag in /hermes/bosweb/web286/b2861/sl.tbourke45/public_html/onlinestore/admin/includes/functions/header_tags.php(812) : eval()'d code on line 1

Warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #2 is not an array in /hermes/bosweb/web286/b2861/sl.tbourke45/public_html/onlinestore/admin/includes/functions/header_tags.php on line 584

and then in red

Error Found Missing Tags:

Products table has 36 items with missing meta tag information.Categories table has 4 items with missing meta tag information.

And When I test my installation I get the following errors.

Test Results

Missing Database Error:

The products_head_title_tag field cannot be found in the products_description table.

The categories_htc_title_tag field cannot be found in the categories_description table.

The manufacturers_htc_title_tag field cannot be found in the manufacturers_info table.

The Header Tags head code for the index.php file cannot be found.

The Header Tags head code for the product_info.php file cannot be found.

I dont understand what has happind :angry: Please HELP!!!

Yes, that's correct. Most of the changes to the body of the index can be skipped as well as parts of the changes to admin/categories.php. The parts to skip will be obvious since the existing code will be marked as being part of that contribution.

Jack

Thank you so much Jack for taking the time to help clarify matters for me.

Truely appreciated!!! ;) :D

There's not an option for removing that, you will have to edit the code. It is one of the edits you made in the product_info.php file when installing the contribution. Just delete that section of code (search for TEXT_VIEWING).

Jack

Thanks so much, Jack, that really helped!

Erik.