• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Header Tags SEO

Jack_mcs

I restored my categories.php file from before the installation and redid all the changes. Yet, I still have the same problem. Surely it must be related to the Ultimate SEO URL code as the error always specifies that line of code. For example, the error I get when navigating to the categories.php page is:

Line 87 is ''categories_htc_desc_tag''. I cant help but notice that the line before ( 'categories_seo_url') ends in ';' and all other lines other than the last one and end in ',' Is this the problem?

Yes, that is the problem.
Line 408 being 'products_head_desc_tag', again, the previous line ends in ';' when all others, other than the last, end in ','
Same problem. The ; tells the code it is the end of the line while the , says there is more to follow. So with the ; in the middle like that, the code stops before it gets a whole line and it recognizes something went wrong.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Yes, that is the problem.

Same problem. The ; tells the code it is the end of the line while the , says there is more to follow. So with the ; in the middle like that, the code stops before it gets a whole line and it recognizes something went wrong.

Jack

Parse error: Solved.

I used this post as an example of how the code should look with Ultimate SEO URL's installed as they had it working OK. Now the admin/categories page loads fine.

I am still gaving problems as the Index and Category pages of my store are not being filled with tags and don't know why this is happening. Jack, could you point me in the right direction to solve this problem.

Thankyou,

Ben

That error can be caused by a number of things so I won't be able to help you with it since isolating it would take too much time in a forum like this. You could try asking your host and see if they will explain why it is failing that way.

Jack

Thank you very much for your help Jack !

Hey everyone,

I want to add the basic meta tags to my oscommerce but I want it like this - Mystorename // <the page title generated by easy meta tags>

& I want the same for meta keywords aswell so for eg. My key words <keywords generated by easy meta tags>.

I'm sure that there is an easy soulution but I unfortunatley don't have enough knowledge on oscommerce to do it myself and any help would be greatly appreciated.

I am still gaving problems as the Index and Category pages of my store are not being filled with tags and don't know why this is happening. Jack, could you point me in the right direction to solve this problem.
You'll need to follow the troubleshooting steps mentioned previously in this thread.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Hey everyone,

I want to add the basic meta tags to my oscommerce but I want it like this - Mystorename // <the page title generated by easy meta tags>

& I want the same for meta keywords aswell so for eg. My key words <keywords generated by easy meta tags>.

I'm sure that there is an easy soulution but I unfortunatley don't have enough knowledge on oscommerce to do it myself and any help would be greatly appreciated.

You're in the wrong support thread. This is for Header Tags SEO, not Easy Meta Tags.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi All,

I have installed Header Tags along with Ultimate SEO and everything seems to be working fine, except 1 small problem I have ran into. (I have disabled Ultimate SEO and still experiencing the same problem).

Once I fill out the Title, Description & Keywords for index.php, I notice them appering on the categories pages too.

It is a known issue as mentioned several times in this thread.

Jack

It will be fixed in the next update.

Jack

Jack,

I am having the same problem as specified by JLithgow and am using the latest verion of this contribution. As it was meant to be fixed in this version, is this something that you didn't get a chance to do, or is the problem with my installation?

Yeah but isn't it the same thing because its the one on this forum that I'm talking about , now you've confused me :blush:

Anyway is it possible to do what I stated in my previous post?

No, they are not the same. There are at least seven or eight meta tags contributions. You have to ask the queston in the support thread for the one you are using. The way you phase your question is how Header Tags works, so, yes, it is possible.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Jack,

I am having the same problem as specified by JLithgow and am using the latest verion of this contribution. As it was meant to be fixed in this version, is this something that you didn't get a chance to do, or is the problem with my installation?

There hasn't been an update since the problem was discovered so, no, it has not been fixed.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack

I'm now quite confused. Are you basically saying that despite the features existing (ie. it is possible to add Tags for categories and manufacturers via the admin panel) that this Contribution doesn't yet actually display them? And only displays unique tags for products?

I have this installed on my site now and I thought it was broken although am starting to think that it just doesnt have that functionality. I have the same tags for my index and category pages and manufacturer pages and thought this was an error, but, are you saying that this is normal?

Could you confirm?

Hi Jack

I'm now quite confused. Are you basically saying that despite the features existing (ie. it is possible to add Tags for categories and manufacturers via the admin panel) that this Contribution doesn't yet actually display them? And only displays unique tags for products?

I have this installed on my site now and I thought it was broken although am starting to think that it just doesnt have that functionality. I have the same tags for my index and category pages and manufacturer pages and thought this was an error, but, are you saying that this is normal?

Could you confirm?

The problem you mentioned is that the title and meta tags that you set up for the home page also appear on the categories page. That is the problem I was addressing. The title and meta tags for the categories and manufacturers work as expected. If they dont on your shop, then you've made a mistake in the installation, most likely.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

The problem you mentioned is that the title and meta tags that you set up for the home page also appear on the categories page. That is the problem I was addressing. The title and meta tags for the categories and manufacturers work as expected. If they dont on your shop, then you've made a mistake in the installation, most likely.

Jack

But how can I have unique meta tags for category pages if the meta tags for the homepage show up on the category pages too? What should I add to the homepage (nothing?) if I want my category pages to have individual meta tags?

Do you have any updates planned to solve this problem or are you currently working on solving the problem? I would just like to know if there will be a fix any time soon because without it, other contributions seem to have the upperhand, even though Header Tags SEO is perfectly capable.

I do appreciate your help and I know its difficult for you to diagnose problems over the internet when they could be caused by so many things and you are relying on others to install your contribution effectively.

I will check my installation for errors and compare it against the files provided in the contribution.

EDIT: Jack, could you also explain what the 'Add Missing Pages' option does under Page Control, I selected it today and after waiting a very long time I got the following time out message:

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 1200 seconds exceeded in C:\Program Files\xampp\htdocs\admin\header_tags_seo.php on line 274

Thanks,

Ben

Edited by Benjjj6

But how can I have unique meta tags for category pages if the meta tags for the homepage show up on the category pages too? What should I add to the homepage (nothing?) if I want my category pages to have individual meta tags?

They are unique. They just happen to have the text for the home page attached. Surely you can see this if you try it.

Do you have any updates planned to solve this problem or are you currently working on solving the problem? I would just like to know if there will be a fix any time soon because without it, other contributions seem to have the upperhand, even though Header Tags SEO is perfectly capable.

The exact date of the update is the day after it is finished coding and testing. Same with MS3, or any other software update you've ever heard of.

EDIT: Jack, could you also explain what the 'Add Missing Pages' option does under Page Control, I selected it today and after waiting a very long time I got the following time out message:

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 1200 seconds exceeded in C:\Program Files\xampp\htdocs\admin\header_tags_seo.php on line 274

The add missing pages means that if you have some file (page) on your server that has Header Tags in it but it is not in that list, that option will find it and add it. The timeout has been mentioned a few times. I've no idea what causes it but I suspect either a bad file in the root directory or some setting on the server. Troubleshooting for this problem was previously explained.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack,

I installed this in my heavily modded shop and love it! I have one issue though. When viewing certain products in the catalog I get the following message on the page

// optional Product List Filter if (PRODUCT_LIST_FILTER > 0) { if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'])) { $filterlist_sql = "select distinct c.categories_id as id, cd.categories_name as name from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and p2c.categories_id = c.categories_id and p2c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and p.manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'] . "' order by cd.categories_name"; } else { $filterlist_sql= "select distinct m.manufacturers_id as id, m.manufacturers_name as name from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c, " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m where p.products_status = '1' and p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and p2c.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' order by m.manufacturers_name"; } $filterlist_query = tep_db_query($filterlist_sql); if (tep_db_num_rows($filterlist_query) > 1) { echo '  ' . tep_draw_form('filter', FILENAME_DEFAULT, 'get') . TEXT_SHOW . ' '; if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'])) { echo tep_draw_hidden_field('manufacturers_id', $HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id']); $options = array(array('id' => '', 'text' => TEXT_ALL_CATEGORIES)); } else { echo tep_draw_hidden_field('cPath', $cPath); $options = array(array('id' => '', 'text' => TEXT_ALL_MANUFACTURERS)); } echo tep_draw_hidden_field('sort', $HTTP_GET_VARS['sort']); while ($filterlist = tep_db_fetch_array($filterlist_query)) { $options[] = array('id' => $filterlist['id'], 'text' => $filterlist['name']); } echo tep_draw_pull_down_menu('filter_id', $options, (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['filter_id']) ? $HTTP_GET_VARS['filter_id'] : ''), 'onchange="this.form.submit()"'); echo ' ' . "\n"; } } // Get the right image for the top-right $image = DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'table_background_list.gif'; if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'])) { $image = tep_db_query("select manufacturers_image from " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " where manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'] . "'"); $image = tep_db_fetch_array($image); $image = $image['manufacturers_image']; } elseif ($current_category_id) { $image = tep_db_query("select categories_image from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " where categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "'"); $image = tep_db_fetch_array($image); $image = $image['categories_image']; } ?>  

Any clues on how to fix this?

It means a mistake was made in the admin/categories.php file. I can't explain why it only fails on some products though.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Jack,

I'm having a really hard time trying to figure out why Meta Tags for categories and manufacturers are not being displayed on the approapriate pages, only the tags for products seem to work.

When I Fill All Tags I get a success message for Categories, Manufacturers & Products, so no error message there. I'm also able to set the Tags for the index.php page, although as you say, these are also displayed on Categories & Manufacturers products.

When I go to Admin > Catalog and select a particular category (or manufacturer) I can see that the Meta Tags have been filled correctly & can be edited, but they do not display on the actualy site.

I'd like to add that the Categories Title and Keywords as specified by Header Tags SEO do show up on the page, just not in the Meta Tags.

Could you please point me towards where the problem could be? I've tried to describe the symptoms in as much detail as I can to help you.

Edited by Benjjj6

Jack,

I'm having a really hard time trying to figure out why Meta Tags for categories and manufacturers are not being displayed on the approapriate pages, only the tags for products seem to work.

I'd like to add that the Categories Title and Keywords as specified by Header Tags SEO do show up on the page, just not in the Meta Tags.

The two sentences above seem to be saying oppsite things. I don't know what page you mean by "the page," so I can't address that. If the tags for the categories show up correctly on a categories edit page in admin, then it means the database has them. In that case, if the tags aren't showing up on the shop side, it has to be one or more of the index.php, includes/header_tags.php or includes/functions/header_tags.php files. You can replace the last two from the contribution. If it still fails, it is either the index.php file or something on the server.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack

What I meant was that if I navigate to a category the page looks like this (I put the tags title & description in brackets to show which ones they are) But the actual title of the page is just the same as what I specify for index.php in 'Page Control':

56395474qa3.jpg

56395474qa3.27bd4d0ef5.jpg

And the Edit Categories page looks like this:

59729783hf7.jpg

59729783hf7.684d719819.jpg

But the Meta Tags for that page look like this:

97054717ne4.jpg

97054717ne4.209e6fe31c.jpg

Hi... I'm in need of some assistance. I would like to add this contribution to my site and am having some trouble uploading the sql file to my database. I am getting this error:

Warning: require(includes/application_top.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/i/v/y/ivyluxweb/html/headertags_seo_install.php on line 13

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'includes/application_top.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5/lib/php') in /home/content/i/v/y/ivyluxweb/html/headertags_seo_install.php on line 13

I previously added the STS contribution and the Separate Pricing contribution. Additionally, I have had a few errors with the "application_top" files, sometimes they mysteriously go away and sometimes not. This isn't budging. Any help would be so much appreciated. My head is spinning :(

Thanks,

Mimi

Hi Jack

What I meant was that if I navigate to a category the page looks like this (I put the tags title & description in brackets to show which ones they are) But the actual title of the page is just the same as what I specify for index.php in 'Page Control':

56395474qa3.jpg

56395474qa3.27bd4d0ef5.jpg

And the Edit Categories page looks like this:

59729783hf7.jpg

59729783hf7.684d719819.jpg

But the Meta Tags for that page look like this:

97054717ne4.jpg

97054717ne4.209e6fe31c.jpg

Maybe you don't have theinclude categories option checked for the index page in Page Control?

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi... I'm in need of some assistance. I would like to add this contribution to my site and am having some trouble uploading the sql file to my database. I am getting this error:

Warning: require(includes/application_top.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/i/v/y/ivyluxweb/html/headertags_seo_install.php on line 13

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'includes/application_top.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5/lib/php') in /home/content/i/v/y/ivyluxweb/html/headertags_seo_install.php on line 13

I previously added the STS contribution and the Separate Pricing contribution. Additionally, I have had a few errors with the "application_top" files, sometimes they mysteriously go away and sometimes not. This isn't budging. Any help would be so much appreciated. My head is spinning :(

Thanks,

Mimi

The database changes for Separate Pricing requires the use of phpmyadmin to make the changes. Since you were able to do that, I suggest using the headertags_seo.sql file instead to get the changes installed.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Maybe you don't have theinclude categories option checked for the index page in Page Control?

Jack

Thankyou!! :) Your Contributions & Support are brilliant, as I said before, OsCommerce would be lost without you guys.

I can't believe that is all it was, but that completely solved my problem and tags all now display correctly. It is a shame though that you can not set separate tags for the homepage which will not appear on category pages, I hope this is a feature in future releases.

My only problem now, is the timeout error I reported earlier. I will take a look through this thread and see if I find a solution.

Thanks again for a great contribution!

Ben