• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Header Tags SEO

Jack_mcs

Hi,

I want to install this contribution. It sounds very good and is exactly what I was looking for.

Please let me know if I have Greek language installed will I be able to use this contribution for the English part of my site?

Greek titles will look funny on the browser.I do not have a transliteration module to convert greek characters.

I have ultimate SEO contribution installed and I have enabled it to display English urls only. Will I be able to do the same with this contribution?

For example if a customer is browsing a product on the Greek version will I be able to display the title in the browser in English?

Thank you in advance,

Alexandra

It will use the name of the products to fill in the titles for each language you have enabled. So as long as you have valid product titles, it will work fine.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

I am wondering if Header Tags SEO will let me insert meta tags for paginated pages? I am having an issue with duplicate content with Google for my paginated pages and just have too many products to list on one page to eliminate the pagination. I have Header Tags Controller installed which works great except for the pagination issue.

Thank you for any input!

Kim

Log Cabin Fever Gifts

I am wondering if Header Tags SEO will let me insert meta tags for paginated pages? I am having an issue with duplicate content with Google for my paginated pages and just have too many products to list on one page to eliminate the pagination. I have Header Tags Controller installed which works great except for the pagination issue.

Thank you for any input!

Kim

No, that's not possible with the current code. Some code was posted, probably 5 to 10 pages back now, that might allow that to work, though I've not tried it.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

No, that's not possible with the current code. Some code was posted, probably 5 to 10 pages back now, that might allow that to work, though I've not tried it.

Jack

Thank you!

Log Cabin Fever Gifts

Adding the currently viewing code is part of the contribution but you added it in the wrong place. You need to go back over the changes for the product_info.php file.

Jack

Hi Jack

Do you mean the product_info.php in the root directory or the one in includes>languages>english?

Thanks

Hi Jack

Do you mean the product_info.php in the root directory or the one in includes>languages>english?

Thanks

The product_info file.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

It will use the name of the products to fill in the titles for each language you have enabled. So as long as you have valid product titles, it will work fine.

Jack

Hello,

Thank you Jack.

It worked perfectly with no problems.

I highly recommend this contribution. It is well documented and clearly explained. If you can read carefully, cut, copy and paste then you can install.

Thanks again,

Alexandra

Hello,

Well I thought I followed the instructions very closely but something went wrong. I get this error

Fatal error: Call to a member function add_current_page() on a non-object in /home/webadmin/belt-buckle-knife.com/html/shop/includes/application_top.php on line 318

Been searching around the forum here and haven't found anything yet.

Sure would appreciate a little help

Hello,

Well I thought I followed the instructions very closely but something went wrong. I get this error

Fatal error: Call to a member function add_current_page() on a non-object in /home/webadmin/belt-buckle-knife.com/html/shop/includes/application_top.php on line 318

Been searching around the forum here and haven't found anything yet.

Sure would appreciate a little help

This was asked recently. Please read backwards through the pages to find it.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Must have missed it. Anyway I started from scratch again and after re editing the index file it worked.

I then was getting a db error (same one that is mentioned several times in this thread) Ran through the .sql file in phpmyadmin line by line. Still got the error. Finally used the supplied php install file and bob's your uncle :-)

So onward to the next section I believe and thanks for the help.

Phil

This was asked recently. Please read backwards through the pages to find it.

Jack

I've completed the installation on a practically fresh RC2 oscommerce installation that has STS installed. For some reason my H1 title tags and images blank on index.php pages, and nested category pages.

All is well on my product info pages, and my meta tags show up just fine, but for some reason my images and h1 tags for title tags of the page do not work. I've checked my index.php file and I have completed the changes as instructedhttp://plaksmacker.flixelstudios.com by the documentation EXACTLY.

Has anyone else had this? It appears as though the variables are coming in blank and that the categories id is set to 0 (or nothing). Here's the store so you can see what I'm talking about:

http://plaksmacker.flixelstudios.com

I have filled in all blank tags as instructed and it's quite weird that they would show up in the <header> area of the site but not in the body section.

Has anyone had this problem? Is there a fix for this?

Assault

If you want to find it you'll have to google "Assault T-Shirts" because posting my damn url in my signature is against the forum rules.

T-Shirts with an edge

Powered by OSCommerce + about 20 different custom addons and some Wordpress

I've completed the installation on a practically fresh RC2 oscommerce installation that has STS installed. For some reason my H1 title tags and images blank on index.php pages, and nested category pages.
Did you add the header tags command to the sts module settings in admin per the instructions?

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Did you add the header tags command to the sts module settings in admin per the instructions?

Jack

http://plaksmacker.flixelstudios.com/sts.png

That's what you mean right? I've added that to the index, default, and product-info pages.

Assault

If you want to find it you'll have to google "Assault T-Shirts" because posting my damn url in my signature is against the forum rules.

T-Shirts with an edge