• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Header Tags SEO

Jack_mcs

Hi Jack I have upgraded from 2.6 to 3.0

I can't see the question with all of the above but if you are using the header tags file in the languages directory, you are not using Header Tags SEO so you either need to post in the Header Tags Controller thread for support or install this contribution.

Jack

Regarding : meta tags

keywords :

In version 2.6.3 there is a php file installed in .../includes/languages/english/header_tags.php/ with version HeaderTags_SEO_V_3.0.4_1 this file does not exist there are also no instructions to uninstall this file from the older version. So the file is still there I can not get the header tags to work with catagorys My question

''Is this a problem with my install or is this a bug in the seo HeaderTags_SEO_V_3.0.4_1

Have you got this working with the catagory php on another site ?????

When I replace /includes/header_tags.php with the old one from version 2.6.3 it seems to be working again. The catagorys header and meta tags are showing but I suppose he is not calling from the database which defeats the purpose??? All the products are working perfectly have reinstalled the data base with the 3.0 sql a few times but has not helped. Any idea where I should look have checked the admin/ catagory.php 3 times also noticed that the uninstall.php delates the SEO url's from chemo version at least version 2.d

John

To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.

Hi Jack

at the end of the day I just want a good source file when I look by gogle the only way I can get this is by changing bac to he old header tags ???? an answer would be nice

Hi jack

Theme aus Micky mouse the header tags do not work they work with the products but not with the category correct me if I am wrong

no header tags showing in the category php .. why when I change back to headertags 2.6. I have no problem they show!!!

know you are busy but I think a clear answer would be appreciated. Does this work with the category php or not

I have the feeling that the code does not work with category php please tell me that this is not true and that it is my mistake makes it easieir

John

no header tags showing in the category php .. why when I change back to headertags 2.6. I have no problem they show!!!

know you are busy but I think a clear answer would be appreciated. Does this work with the category php or not

I have the feeling that the code does not work with category php please tell me that this is not true and that it is my mistake makes it easieir

John

The code works fine. You can try installing it into a blank shop to see if you are doing it correctly or if it is something related to your files.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

The code works fine. You can try installing it into a blank shop to see if you are doing it correctly or if it is something related to your files.

Jack

Ok will test have a few mods

Ok will test have a few mods

well it has nearly got me beat probably something to do with my mods going to take while as long as you are sure that the the basic code is working thats is the best help!!!

Thanks John

Hi everybody...

I have a small question (I hope) about the tittle of the pages.

I can't put on the product page the manufacturer of the product.

Actually I have the tittle like this:

Name Online Shop - Category - Product

And I want to get this:

Name Online Shop - Manufacturer - Product - Category

I made test with all the possibilities ,but I can't get the right one...

Thanks so much for your help.

Javier :blush:

Hi everybody...

I have a small question (I hope) about the tittle of the pages.

I can't put on the product page the manufacturer of the product.

Actually I have the tittle like this:

Name Online Shop - Category - Product

And I want to get this:

Name Online Shop - Manufacturer - Product - Category

I made test with all the possibilities ,but I can't get the right one...

Thanks so much for your help.

Javier :blush:

If you go to admin->Catalog->Manufactureres and click edit for one of the Manufacturers, are the Header Tags boxes filled in?

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

If you go to admin->Catalog->Manufactureres and click edit for one of the Manufacturers, are the Header Tags boxes filled in?

Jack

Hi Jack,

Yes, I have all the tags filled in except the Header Tags Manufacturer Description

Thanks for your time,

Javier

Hi Jack,

Yes, I have all the tags filled in except the Header Tags Manufacturer Description

Thanks for your time,

Javier

OK. If you go to your shop and select a manufacturer, is that text in the title of the web browser?

Jack

Edited by Jack_mcs

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

If I select a manufacturer the title is like this:

Name Online Shop - Manufacturer

Thanks¡

I assume you mean the name of the manufacturer is displaying. If so, then it is working correctly. If the manufacturer isn't showing on a category page, then the only other thing it could be, short of an installation error, is that you don't have the Include Manufacturer box checked for the index.php file in Page Control.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I assume you mean the name of the manufacturer is displaying. If so, then it is working correctly. If the manufacturer isn't showing on a category page, then the only other thing it could be, short of an installation error, is that you don't have the Include Manufacturer box checked for the index.php file in Page Control.

Jack

Yes, I have it.

I have check it the manufacturer box in the index.php and in product_info.php

I think that It could be an installation problem because I check in the Defaults Tag the manufacturers box and when I come back to this page the check box isn't appear fill...

Thaniks so much four help Jack... I will check the installation again.

Hi

I am using an older version of header tags though it may be applicable here.

In my webmaster tools I notice that I have duplicate meta tags. Apart from ones I can sort out there is an issue where products fall over multiple pages. Each new page of product listiings have the same meta tags.

Is there a way around this or should I just not worry about it?

Cheers

hi jack

thanks for the contribution

i have a 2 language site... everything works fine in the "main language" (shows "main title of the site" + "category name" + "product name")

but when i change to the "secondary lang" the "main title of the page" doesnot show the path as in the "primary lang"

it is only showing the "main title of the site" in primary again + the "product name" in secondary lang

the "main title of the site" it is in the "main language" and not in the "secondary"

exept that i have the same problem to the "currently viewing" part

thank you or anybody else that will answer me

S.

the download link on addons.oscommerce.com isn't working for the latest contribution, is there another place to download this package?

I've noticed this is happening alot when it is trying to extract data from sunsite.uk or something like that. Just keep going back and hitting download. It takes a few tries, but stateside US it has been happening everyday for us too!

hi jack

thanks for the contribution

i have a 2 language site... everything works fine in the "main language" (shows "main title of the site" + "category name" + "product name")

but when i change to the "secondary lang" the "main title of the page" doesnot show the path as in the "primary lang"

it is only showing the "main title of the site" in primary again + the "product name" in secondary lang

the "main title of the site" it is in the "main language" and not in the "secondary"

exept that i have the same problem to the "currently viewing" part

thank you or anybody else that will answer me

S.

found it!

sorry... my mistake... i had to write the right words in page control :blink:

Hello all. I just installed the contribution, however, no matter what I do, the index meta tags appear on all the pages including: product pages, category pages, etc. I have installed this on an unmodified osCommerce RC2. Does anyone have any suggestions? I tried installing it three times but to no avail. I think it is an awesome mod, and don't mean to diss it at all. I just need help with this. Thank you

Hello all. I just installed the contribution, however, no matter what I do, the index meta tags appear on all the pages including: product pages, category pages, etc. I have installed this on an unmodified osCommerce RC2. Does anyone have any suggestions? I tried installing it three times but to no avail. I think it is an awesome mod, and don't mean to diss it at all. I just need help with this. Thank you

Whoops. I said the wrong thing. It appears all the header tags work correctly on the product_info.php page, I was just not editing the right fields. However, the problem is with the Header Tags Category Title, Header Tags Category Description, and the Header Tags Category Keywords on the categories page (you know the index.ph?(dah dah...)). If I add the tags to the index.php page, then those tags appear on all categories pages, and if it left empty, they are empty. Some help on this would be much appreciated. BTW, this is an amazing contribution, worthy of a medal!!!

Whoops. I said the wrong thing. It appears all the header tags work correctly on the product_info.php page, I was just not editing the right fields. However, the problem is with the Header Tags Category Title, Header Tags Category Description, and the Header Tags Category Keywords on the categories page (you know the index.ph?(dah dah...)). If I add the tags to the index.php page, then those tags appear on all categories pages, and if it left empty, they are empty. Some help on this would be much appreciated. BTW, this is an amazing contribution, worthy of a medal!!!

The same happens with the manufactures page. Please help, anyone :) :)

HI

I add the htc to my shop. and got error in my new_product page

PHP Fatal error: Cannot redeclare do_magic_quotes_gpc() (previously declared in D:\hshome\macharbo\macharbooks.com\myshop\includes\functions\compatibility.php:18) in D:\hshome\macharbo\macharbooks.com\myshop\includes\functions\compatibility.php on line 30

please help -

The same happens with the manufactures page. Please help, anyone :) :)
It is a known problem and will be fixed in the next release.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons