• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Header Tags SEO

Jack_mcs

Maybe the code for that loads them wasn't installed?

Jack

Which code would that be in the contribution....I thought that I uploaded everything successfully...

hey guys im having problems with the catalog part of the instructions in particular

FIND (Around line 78)

<td class="pageHeading"><?php echo HEADING_TITLE; ?></td>

<td class="pageHeading" align="right"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $category['categories_image'], $category['categories_name'], HEADING_IMAGE_WIDTH, HEADING_IMAGE_HEIGHT); ?></td>

</tr>

i cannot find anything even similar to this code in my code

the following code is my index.php from lines 35 -120

<!doctype html public "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
<html <?php echo HTML_PARAMS; ?>>
<head>
<?php
/*** Begin Header Tags SEO ***/
if ( file_exists(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header_tags.php') ) {
 require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header_tags.php');
} else {
?>
 <title><?php echo TITLE; ?></title>
<?php
}
/*** End Header Tags SEO ***/
?>
<base href="<?php echo (($request_type == 'SSL') ? HTTPS_SERVER : HTTP_SERVER) . DIR_WS_CATALOG; ?>">
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="stylesheet.css">
</head>
<body marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" topmargin="0" bottommargin="0" leftmargin="0" rightmargin="0">
<!-- header //-->
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header.php'); ?>
<!-- header_eof //-->

<!-- body //-->
<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
 <tr>
<!-- body_text //-->
<?php
 if ($category_depth == 'nested') {
   /*** Begin Header Tags SEO ***/
   $category_query = tep_db_query("select cd.categories_name, c.categories_image, cd.categories_htc_title_tag, cd.categories_htc_description from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where c.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' and cd.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");
   /*** end Header Tags SEO ***/
   $category = tep_db_fetch_array($category_query);
?>
   <td width="100%" valign="top"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
     <tr>
       <td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
         <tr>
           <td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
             <tr>
<?php
   if (isset($cPath) && strpos('_', $cPath)) {
// check to see if there are deeper categories within the current category
     $category_links = array_reverse($cPath_array);
     for($i=0, $n=sizeof($category_links); $i<$n; $i++) {
       $categories_query = tep_db_query("select count(*) as total from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where c.parent_id = '" . (int)$category_links[$i] . "' and c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");
       $categories = tep_db_fetch_array($categories_query);
       if ($categories['total'] < 1) {
         // do nothing, go through the loop
       } else {
         $categories_query = tep_db_query("select c.categories_id, cd.categories_name, c.categories_image, c.parent_id from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where c.parent_id = '" . (int)$category_links[$i] . "' and c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' order by sort_order, cd.categories_name");
         break; // we've found the deepest category the customer is in
       }
     }
   } else {
     $categories_query = tep_db_query("select c.categories_id, cd.categories_name, c.categories_image, c.parent_id from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where c.parent_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' and c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' order by sort_order, cd.categories_name");
   }

$number_of_categories = tep_db_num_rows($categories_query);

$rows = 0;
   while ($categories = tep_db_fetch_array($categories_query)) {
     $rows++;
     $cPath_new = tep_get_path($categories['categories_id']);
     $width = (int)(100 / MAX_DISPLAY_CATEGORIES_PER_ROW) . '%';
     echo '                <td align="center" class="smallText" width="' . $width . '" valign="top"><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, $cPath_new) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $categories['categories_image'], $categories['categories_name'], SUBCATEGORY_IMAGE_WIDTH, SUBCATEGORY_IMAGE_HEIGHT) . '<br>' . $categories['categories_name'] . '</a></td>' . "\n";
     if ((($rows / MAX_DISPLAY_CATEGORIES_PER_ROW) == floor($rows / MAX_DISPLAY_CATEGORIES_PER_ROW)) && ($rows != $number_of_categories)) {
       echo '              </tr>' . "\n";
       echo '              <tr>' . "\n";
     }
   }

// needed for the new products module shown below
   $new_products_category_id = $current_category_id;
?>
             </tr>
           </table></td>
         </tr>
         <tr>
           <td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '10'); ?></td>
         </tr>
         <tr>
           <td><?php include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_NEW_PRODUCTS); ?></td>
         </tr>
       </table></td>
     </tr>
   </table></td>

any help would be greatly appreciated

thanks m8's

Keith

Which code would that be in the contribution....I thought that I uploaded everything successfully...
There are several file changes required and are explained in the install files.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

hey guys im having problems with the catalog part of the instructions in particular

FIND (Around line 78)

<td class="pageHeading"><?php echo HEADING_TITLE; ?></td>

<td class="pageHeading" align="right"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $category['categories_image'], $category['categories_name'], HEADING_IMAGE_WIDTH, HEADING_IMAGE_HEIGHT); ?></td>

</tr>

i cannot find anything even similar to this code in my code

You code has been altered from a standard shop. The instructions can't cover all such situations. You will need to figure out the code yourself, not have those options available or pay someone to install it for you.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

The first problem is because the code in the includes/headers.php file was replaced without changing the name of the image to what you were using. You will have to replace the oscommerce.gif text with whatever the name of your image is. The second is due to some mistake on the product page, probably the changes near the bottom of the file. You will need to redo those one at a time to find the problem.

Jack

Hi Jack

I assume you talking about product info in the root directory and not includes>laguages>english>product_info. Am I correct?

Thanks

Jack, I hope you or someone else can help.

Have installed HTSEO 3.0.4 on to osC2.2milestone with QT pro contribution. No apparent issues and I have admin side as per your screenshots.

Once installed I checked view source on product pages and found that category header only had been written to html/meta tag header title line generated by your contribution. I therefore ran 'clear all' in Tag Fill and then Fill All again - all product pages now have this header code

<html dir="LTR" lang="en">

<head>

<title>products new home -</title>

<meta name="Description" content="products new description -" />

<meta name="Keywords" content="products new keywords1,keywords2 ," />

<meta name="robots" content="noodp" />

<meta name="slurp" content="noydir" />

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1" />

<!-- EOF: Header Tags SEO Generated Meta Tags -->

I have tried using Page Tags to revamp but as you will see under I get no or odd partial results (index php). Also I am far from clear what the left side pull down should give me access to. At the moment it is

Select a File - no boxes

Show all files - product_info.php and index.php only

Add Missing Files - no boxes

product_info.php - that file (see grab under)

index.php - that file (see grab under, partially accepted Title change)

How can I update product title to allow best SEO and should any of title be carried in to page URL? Descriptions are not vital at this time and I can work on those over time. I simply want Google and others to spider and latch on to range of products in client's shop.

HTSEO-page.control.jpg

HTSEO-pagetag02.jpg

Elementary stuff, I know, but I have read and re-read your documentation.

Jack,

I just completed the install Header Tags_SEO_V3.03 for RC2 catalog and admin with no error. However, I still not getting the "New Home Page Title," for home page or index page. I refresh the page many times. I check my SQL database table on it has red warning "no index defined!" in headertags table and heaertags_default table. My website has a clickable logo and link. I refer back to the install-catalog.doc, and reinstall these 4 times to make sure I follow the instruction. I also search the Header Tags SEO forum for similar problem, and could not find an answer. I am giving up. Do you know what’s wrong? Here is my website: http://www.camocamp.com/~camocamp/catalog3/

Thanks

camocamp

Hi Jack

I assume you talking about product info in the root directory and not includes>laguages>english>product_info. Am I correct?

Thanks

Yes, that is correct.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Jack, I hope you or someone else can help.

Have installed HTSEO 3.0.4 on to osC2.2milestone with QT pro contribution. No apparent issues and I have admin side as per your screenshots.

Once installed I checked view source on product pages and found that category header only had been written to html/meta tag header title line generated by your contribution. I therefore ran 'clear all' in Tag Fill and then Fill All again - all product pages now have this header code

I'm not sure I understand the question but it sounds like you are saying the tags are not being displayed on the product page. If that is the case, I went through how to troubleshoot that several pages back. You should give that a try.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I check my SQL database table on it has red warning "no index defined!" in headertags table and heaertags_default table.
This is not correct. The supplied sql file preloads those tables. You can ty running the uninstall and install scripts to see if it fixes the problem.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack

I have completed the installation but I get this warning when I go into the admin panel:

Warning: chmod() [function.chmod]: Operation not permitted in /home/homeland/public_html/admin/includes/functions/header_tags.php on line 620

Cannot change the mode of file (/home/homeland/public_html/includes/header_tags.php) Found Missing Tags:

Products table has 4 items with missing meta tag information.

Permissions settings for the /home/homeland/public_html/includes/header_tags.php file appear to be incorrect. Change to 755

I think I'm almost there. Any advice I'd greatly appreciate.

Thank you.

Hi Jack

I have completed the installation but I get this warning when I go into the admin panel:

Warning: chmod() [function.chmod]: Operation not permitted in /home/homeland/public_html/admin/includes/functions/header_tags.php on line 620

Cannot change the mode of file (/home/homeland/public_html/includes/header_tags.php) Found Missing Tags:

Permissions settings for the /home/homeland/public_html/includes/header_tags.php file appear to be incorrect. Change to 755

I think I'm almost there. Any advice I'd greatly appreciate.

Thank you.

Did you change the permissions as mentioned in the docs and here in this thread?

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

hi everyone, i've just tried installing header tags seo v3.03 but when i try to execute the sql command in myphp i get

Error

SQL query:

ALTER TABLE products_description ADD products_head_title_tag VARCHAR( 80 ) NULL

MySQL said:

#1060 - Duplicate column name 'products_head_title_tag'

[ Back ]

Any ideas? thanks

also forgot to say when i select 'Fill products meta description with Products Description' and 'Fill keywords for all added pages from derived keywords on actual pages' it returns a LONG list of errors repeatedly saying 'Failed to load SEO words file: includes/header_tags_seo_words.txt

Failed to load SEO words file: includes/header_tags_seo_words.txt

'

any ideas?!

This is not correct. The supplied sql file preloads those tables. You can ty running the uninstall and install scripts to see if it fixes the problem.

Jack

Hi, Jack

I just create a new dummy store and a new database for a new version of HeaderTags_SEO_V_3.0.4_1_2.zip. I try both ways of install database and both of them have a warning "no index defined!" on the headertags and headertags_default tables.-attached photo. I also did not see a new title, "New Home Page Title," for my index page. Just a missing Oscommerce.gif logo because a osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2 RC2a has no oscommerce.gif but store_logo.png. I refresh the homepage and still did see the change. Here is my dummy store. http://camocamp.com/catalog2/admin/login.php, username is "guest", password is "12345"noindexdefined.JPG

Do you know what's wrong with it ? thanks.

hi everyone, i've just tried installing header tags seo v3.03 but when i try to execute the sql command in myphp i get

Error

SQL query:

ALTER TABLE products_description ADD products_head_title_tag VARCHAR( 80 ) NULL

MySQL said:

#1060 - Duplicate column name 'products_head_title_tag'

[ Back ]

Any ideas? thanks

It means you already have those fileds in the database. Either a previous version of Header Tags was installed or you ran the sql file twice. You can safely run the header_tags_seo_update.sql file in this situation. That will only add the new fields. But if you don't know if the others are completley there or not, you may have other problems later.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi, Jack

I just create a new dummy store and a new database for a new version of HeaderTags_SEO_V_3.0.4_1_2.zip. I try both ways of install database and both of them have a warning "no index defined!" on the headertags and headertags_default tables.-attached photo. I also did not see a new title, "New Home Page Title," for my index page. Just a missing Oscommerce.gif logo because a osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2 RC2a has no oscommerce.gif but store_logo.png. I refresh the homepage and still did see the change.

Do you know what's wrong with it ? thanks.

I'm sorry but I don't understand the question. Can you limit it to one problem to make it easier to follow?

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi, Jack and anyone

After installing a new version of HeaderTags_SEO_V_3.0.4_1_2., my product image does not popup when click to enlarge. I check the product_info.php and it has the Javascript code in the <head> section after the headerTags code. Does anyone have the same problem.? Thanks for your help. Pam

Jack,

Here is my headertags table in SQL. at the bottom, it has a red warning "no index defined!", please see the attached photo. This is a new version of HeaderTags_SEO_V_3.0.4_1_2. Is this correct? Thanks

noindexdefined.JPG

Hi, Jack and anyone

After installing a new version of HeaderTags_SEO_V_3.0.4_1_2., my product image does not popup when click to enlarge. I check the product_info.php and it has the Javascript code in the <head> section after the headerTags code. Does anyone have the same problem.? Thanks for your help. Pam

There was a mistake made in the product_info.php changes, assuming it worked beforehand. You need to reload your original file and try the changes again, one at a time, to find the mistake.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Jack,

Here is my headertags table in SQL. at the bottom, it has a red warning "no index defined!", please see the attached photo. This is a new version of HeaderTags_SEO_V_3.0.4_1_2. Is this correct? Thanks

It isn't anything to worry about.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Did you change the permissions as mentioned in the docs and here in this thread?

Jack

Hi Jack

I am trying to edit my permissions.

I am going into my FTP program (Filezilla)

I go to /public_html/admin/

I put the cursor over the admin file and right click

I click on "file attributes"

Numeric Value: 755

Is this the permission setting you refer to above?

Thanks

Hi Jack

I am trying to edit my permissions.

I am going into my FTP program (Filezilla)

I go to /public_html/admin/

I put the cursor over the admin file and right click

I click on "file attributes"

Numeric Value: 755

Is this the permission setting you refer to above?

Thanks

No, as mentioned in the installation files as well as in the warning on the page control page in admin, the file to change the permissions on is includes/header_tags.php.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

No, as mentioned in the installation files as well as in the warning on the page control page in admin, the file to change the permissions on is includes/header_tags.php.

Jack

Jack

I changed the permissions in the file includes/header_tags.php to 755, but I'm still getting the same error message.

I followed the instructions to comment out the function:

I found this code:

if (!chmod($filename, 0666)) {

echo "Cannot change the mode of file ($filename)";

return false;

}

and I replaced this code with the code specified. However, the code above differs slightly (the last line "return false" as opposed to "exit") Also, this code is on line 622. But there is no other code like it anywhere else.

and when I do that and i go back into my admin panel it simply says "the file isn't writeable"

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Jack

I changed the permissions in the file includes/header_tags.php to 755, but I'm still getting the same error message.

I followed the instructions to comment out the function:

I found this code:

if (!chmod($filename, 0666)) {

echo "Cannot change the mode of file ($filename)";

return false;

}

and I replaced this code with the code specified. However, the code above differs slightly (the last line "return false" as opposed to "exit") Also, this code is on line 622. But there is no other code like it anywhere else.

and when I do that and i go back into my admin panel it simply says "the file isn't writeable"

Any suggestions?

Thanks

What are the permissions settings on the images directory? Have you checked the settings using your hosts filemanager? Some hosts won't allow changing them from an ftp program.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons