• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Header Tags SEO

Jack_mcs

I just need a little clarification first regarding Header Tags SEO. :blush:

Does this contribution take the place of Ultimate SEO and Header Tags Controller?

Or does it work in conjuction with them?

I was just getting ready to install the below contributions and don't want to add something I don't need it this does the trick of a few contribs. ;)

Also if it replaces say Header Tags Controller which is the best or easiest to install? :rolleyes:

Ultimate SEO 2-2.2e

Header Tags Controller v2.6.3 Complete

Google Sitemap Generator for MS2

Dynamic SiteMap V 1.0

Updated spiders.txt

All Products v3.0 MS 2.2 with Images

Oop's I actually have another question.

Does any of the URL contribs change the product URL to something like -

http://website.com/catalog/category/sub-ca...roductName.html ?

- :: Jim :: -

- My Toolbox ~ Adobe Web Bundle, XAMPP & WinMerge | Install ~ osC v2.3.3.4 -

Does this contribution take the place of Ultimate SEO and Header Tags Controller?

I was just getting ready to install the below contributions and don't want to add something I don't need it this does the trick of a few contribs. ;)

Also if it replaces say Header Tags Controller which is the best or easiest to install? :rolleyes:

Header Tags SEO and Header Tags controller does basically the same, but Header Tags SEO is the newest version with continued support.

Does any of the URL contribs change the product URL to something like -

http://website.com/catalog/category/sub-ca...roductName.html ?

These 3 can give you urls like that...

- Search Engine Friendly Urls

- SEO-G

- NIMMIT SEF

Edited by toyicebear

Ultimate SEO 2-2.2e

Header Tags Controller v2.6.3 Complete

Google Sitemap Generator for MS2

Dynamic SiteMap V 1.0

Updated spiders.txt

All Products v3.0 MS 2.2 with Images

It does not replace Ultimate SEO urls.

It does replace header tags controller.

It will work with Ultimate SEO urls

Drop the header tags controller 2.6.3 from your list and use this header tags SEO mod instead. It is based off of 2.6.3

If your using the dynamicsitemap with the option to create the xml sitemaps from the admin, then you can drop the google sitemap generator and submit your xml generated sitemaps to google via google webmaster tools account.

Spiders.txt is a Spiders.txt, you should have one.

All product is good to have, and there is also an all categories somewhere. I use them both.

The header tags seo is really worth the install time. Its freaken great. I have it up on a demo here: http://demo.nxlcart.com/ Look at the page title, then hover over the logo and read the alt text, then look at the breadcrumb name, then the pages heading title, then the currently viewing text below everything else, PLUS the alt text echoed on every social bookmark icon, and the images alt text. That is a lot of keyword use in one page. A lot. I think it adds a lot of needed weight to a page.

I went a lil overboard and added the currently veiwing: text to most pages including categories, topics, manufactures, authors, newsdesk categories and information pages. I couldnt help it. Its worth every bit of work and helps give every page importance.

Edited by Glcustoms

Follow the community build:

BS3 to osCommerce Responsive from the Get Go!

Check out the new construction:

Admin Gone to Total BS!

I selected “Select a File” after about 30 sec I get a blank page.
Then you should stop at this point since this is not normal. You should find the problem as to why it is not listing the pages before working on the current problem, in my opinion.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

How do you define which files use the default Meta Tags?
You select a page from the left dropdown in page control and click on the Default Title, Default Description and/or Default Keywords checkbox and enter a sort order for those selected.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

A new version has been uploaded. It contains the following changes:

-> Changed missing tag code to only check for active products.

-> Fixed error in admin/header_tags_seo.php for meta tags options (thanks to Tyrannus for mentioning this in the support thread).

-> Fixed code in includes/header_tags.php that prevented tags from working properly on the products page.

-> Fixed code in includes/functions/header_tags.php to cause the title and meta tags to be controlled as they should.

-> Made the change to includes/modules/header_tags_social_bookmarks.php file to allow quotes to be handled properly (thanks to Patabugen for mentioning this in the support thread).

-> Added option to Fill Tags to display missing tags.

-> Fixed code in missing tags to correctly identify the missing tags.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

You select a page from the left dropdown in page control and click on the Default Title, Default Description and/or Default Keywords checkbox and enter a sort order for those selected.

Jack

Is there a way to define this in the code? I don't have the Default Title, Default Description and/or Default Keywords checkbox enabled.

reviewswritezy2.jpg

A new version has been uploaded. It contains the following changes:

-> Changed missing tag code to only check for active products.

-> Fixed error in admin/header_tags_seo.php for meta tags options (thanks to Tyrannus for mentioning this in the support thread).

-> Fixed code in includes/header_tags.php that prevented tags from working properly on the products page.

-> Fixed code in includes/functions/header_tags.php to cause the title and meta tags to be controlled as they should.

-> Made the change to includes/modules/header_tags_social_bookmarks.php file to allow quotes to be handled properly (thanks to Patabugen for mentioning this in the support thread).

-> Added option to Fill Tags to display missing tags.

-> Fixed code in missing tags to correctly identify the missing tags.

Jack

Hey Jack, in order for us to be able to display missing tags and have missing tags identify the missing tags....what code do we modify??? or do we just install the entire upgraded contribution for these things to be visible????

Thanks in advance

BTY.....love the contribution!!!!!!!! ;)

Hey Jack, in order for us to be able to display missing tags and have missing tags identify the missing tags....what code do we modify??? or do we just install the entire upgraded contribution for these things to be visible????

Thanks in advance

I'm not sure if this was the official fix.

Missing Tags Fix

Hello,

I have successfully added this contribution to my store setup and it looks like everything works as intended. However, I also have Ultimate SEO URL's installed and although they both seem to work the Ultimate SEO URL's somehow erased the link to HeaderTags that was in my Admin/Configuration panel. Anyone follow me on this?

Anyone know how i can fix this? It's just the link to the configuration of HeaderTags SEO from the Admin/Configuration panel that has disappeared or been taken over by Ultimate SEO URL's.

Forgive me if this has already been addressed somewhere in this thread, if so could someone just point me to where it has been covered?

Thanks again

Is there a way to define this in the code? I don't have the Default Title, Default Description and/or Default Keywords checkbox enabled.
If you want to use the default title and meta tags on a page, you have to check the include boxes. You could code around that if you like but that would seem a waste of time and effort to me.

Jack

Edited by Jack_mcs

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Thanks in advance

There is an upgrade doc in the contribution.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I changed that piece of coding and it does show the number of the product.....but i dont know how to add missing tag
You should update to the new version to help identify the missing item. Then use the ID and name to locate it. The displayed ID and name will be changed to a link in the next version but I ran out of time on this one so you have to find them manually.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hello,

I have successfully added this contribution to my store setup and it looks like everything works as intended. However, I also have Ultimate SEO URL's installed and although they both seem to work the Ultimate SEO URL's somehow erased the link to HeaderTags that was in my Admin/Configuration panel. Anyone follow me on this?

Anyone know how i can fix this? It's just the link to the configuration of HeaderTags SEO from the Admin/Configuration panel that has disappeared or been taken over by Ultimate SEO URL's.

Forgive me if this has already been addressed somewhere in this thread, if so could someone just point me to where it has been covered?

Thanks again

If you are saying you are missing the options in admin->Configuration, then you can run the uninstall and then the install sql files to reload those.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

If you are saying you are missing the options in admin->Configuration, then you can run the uninstall and then the install sql files to reload those.

Jack

Thanks for the quick response. Yes, I am saying that the options or configuration for Header Tags SEO that was previously in admin->Configuration is no longer there after I installed Ultimate SEO URL's.

Running the uninstall and intall sql files will not uninstall the contribution... just reload the settings? Is this correct?

Thanks again

catalog/includes/header_tags.php

Line 67:

case (strstr($_SERVER['PHP_SELF'],FILENAME_PRODUCT_REVIEWS_WRITE) or strstr($PHP_SELF,FILENAME_PRODUCT_REVIEWS_WRITE)): $filename = FILENAME_PRODUCT_WRITE;   break;

Is this the correct code?

case (strstr($_SERVER['PHP_SELF'],FILENAME_PRODUCT_REVIEWS_WRITE) or strstr($PHP_SELF,FILENAME_PRODUCT_REVIEWS_WRITE)): $filename = FILENAME_PRODUCT_REVIEWS_WRITE;   break;

Edited by dark_tyrant

Then you should stop at this point since this is not normal. You should find the problem as to why it is not listing the pages before working on the current problem, in my opinion.

Jack

Thanks, I will do that.

John

You should update to the new version to help identify the missing item. Then use the ID and name to locate it. The displayed ID and name will be changed to a link in the next version but I ran out of time on this one so you have to find them manually.

Jack

I have just upgraded to the new version to find the missing tags...it says this....

TEXT_MISSING_TAGS

Product - ID => 34, Language => 1, Name =>

Categories - ID => 62, Language => 0, Name => Acne

But my question is...do I edit something through my ftp program or is this something I can fix in my store in admin???

Edited by herblife

Thanks for the quick response. Yes, I am saying that the options or configuration for Header Tags SEO that was previously in admin->Configuration is no longer there after I installed Ultimate SEO URL's.

Running the uninstall and intall sql files will not uninstall the contribution... just reload the settings? Is this correct?

Thanks again

Doing that will clear everything so you shouldn't do that if it is a concern. But before you do that, go into your configuration table using phpmyadmin and see if the entries for Header Tags is there. It might just be that the group ID needs to be changed. If they are not there, you will probably need to add those manually because Ultimate SEO will, I think, delete the entries before adding its own. I think they are probably using the same group ID, which is causing the problem.

Jack

Edited by Jack_mcs

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

catalog/includes/header_tags.php

Line 67:

case (strstr($_SERVER['PHP_SELF'],FILENAME_PRODUCT_REVIEWS_WRITE) or strstr($PHP_SELF,FILENAME_PRODUCT_REVIEWS_WRITE)): $filename = FILENAME_PRODUCT_WRITE;   break;

Is this the correct code?

case (strstr($_SERVER['PHP_SELF'],FILENAME_PRODUCT_REVIEWS_WRITE) or strstr($PHP_SELF,FILENAME_PRODUCT_REVIEWS_WRITE)): $filename = FILENAME_PRODUCT_REVIEWS_WRITE;   break;

I don't understand this question.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I have just upgraded to the new version to find the missing tags...it says this....

TEXT_MISSING_TAGS

Product - ID => 34, Language => 1, Name =>

Categories - ID => 62, Language => 0, Name => Acne

But my question is...do I edit something through my ftp program or is this something I can fix in my store in admin???

It looks like you didn't upload all of the changed files since you should be seeing TEXT_MISSING_TAGS.

The first item is saying that the product with an ID of 34 is missing a name. The easy way to find that product is to use the phpmyadmin program. But if you are not familiar with that, then you will need to click through your products in admin->Catalog and check the url. The products ID will be listed there when you select a product. They are probably in order so you can skip ahead to find it more quickly. Once you find it, you need to add whatever items are missing.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Doing that will clear everything so you shouldn't do that if it is a concern. But before you do that, go into your configuration table using phpmyadmin and see if the entries for Header Tags is there. It might just be that the group ID needs to be changed. If they are not there, you will probably need to add those manually because Ultimate SEO will, I think, delete the entries before adding its own. I think they are probably using the same group ID, which is causing the problem.

Jack

Sorry, I don't follow what you mean when you say it will clear everything...? I have only one test product in my store right now as this is still a "fresh install" of OSC. I have looked at the configuration group ID and title through phpmyadmin and it doesn't appear to have an entry for header tags at all, only the default OSC configurations and my newly added SEO URL's.

Thanks again