The e-commerce.

Header Tags SEO

Jack_mcs

ok thank you Jack,

I now have my store logo back.

I have been reading through previous posts,

in my admin header tags seo, the errors are =

Found Missing Tags:

Products table has 224 items with missing meta tag information.Categories table has 56 items with missing meta tag information.

Permissions settings for the d:/users/foxycardsuk/public_html/includes/header_tags.php file appear to be incorrect. Change to 777

Now it has only just occured to me that i dont have 224 products i have about half that amount of products.

BUT i do have 'two' pictures of each product, i have a small picture which obv everyone sees when looking through my site. And a large picture that people see when they 'click to enlarge'. ( i have a 'images big' folder in my main images folder ).

Is this where the error is ?

And i have 20 categories in total including subcategories and in 4 of these categories i have no products.

Is this why i am getting the categorie table error ?

Also why the error for permissions ?

My permissions are set at 777.

Thanks for the help Jack.

Paulie.

Edited by paulieGB

The missing tags warning doesn't have anything to do with images. It means that title or meta tags that Header Tags uses is empty. That is usually because the title for the product or category is empty. The permissions setting is a guess by the code. If you are using a Windows server it does not apply at all and that option should be disabled. Otherwise, the permissions should match that of the images directory, as mentioned in the install docs.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

thanks for reply Jack.

I am using a windows server , how do i disable the permissions ?

i have checked through the entire store and all products and categories have titles,

Im still getting the same error messages.

Doe's it make any difference that i am getting the error messages ?

I did a check on my site through - http://www.submitexpress.com/analyzer/

and the header tages are working i am in the green on all meta tags apart from the author, before i was only in the green on the title, so it seams to be working even though i have these errors.

Thanks,

Paulie.

thanks for reply Jack.

I am using a windows server , how do i disable the permissions ?

Read the instructions.

i have checked through the entire store and all products and categories have titles,

Im still getting the same error messages.

Doe's it make any difference that i am getting the error messages ?

If some items are missing the title or tags, then they will be empty on those pages.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi All!

I have 3 times installed this contribution and it does' worked! I do not receive any error message, it just not worked.

For example for product "Unreal Tournament" i have put all Meta Tag Information, but it doesn't appear on HTML, for index.php the same.

In Admin it seams everything to be Ok, but in main pages(index/product_info) I not have any <meta... even title only from Shop.

Any ideas why can it happened?

I have:

osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2 Release Candidate 2a

and SPPC installed

Hi All!

I have 3 times installed this contribution and it does' worked! I do not receive any error message, it just not worked.

For example for product "Unreal Tournament" i have put all Meta Tag Information, but it doesn't appear on HTML, for index.php the same.

In Admin it seams everything to be Ok, but in main pages(index/product_info) I not have any <meta... even title only from Shop.

Any ideas why can it happened?

I have:

osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2 Release Candidate 2a

and SPPC installed

How to troubleshoot the title not showing up on the index has been covered a couple of times in this thread. You should try following those posts.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

:angry: Im still trying to figure out why I keep getting this error in my admin section of my store.....

Warning: require(includes/boxes/header_tags_seo.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/herblife/public_html/admin/includes/column_left.php on line 22

Warning: require(includes/boxes/header_tags_seo.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/herblife/public_html/admin/includes/column_left.php on line 22

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'includes/boxes/header_tags_seo.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/herblife/public_html/admin/includes/column_left.php on line 22

I try uploading the headertags_seo_install.php file to my admin/includes/boxes folder but get the same error...I even changed the CHMOD to 777 but still no change...

do anybody else have any idea what my problem is???

THANKS

How to troubleshoot the title not showing up on the index has been covered a couple of times in this thread. You should try following those posts.

Jack

It not showing only on the index, it not showing anywhere <_<

:angry: Im still trying to figure out why I keep getting this error in my admin section of my store.....

The error is saying the includes/boxes/header_tags_seo.php file can't be found, not the headertags_seo_install.php file. You have to upload the included files per the instructions.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

It not showing only on the index, it not showing anywhere <_<
It doesn't matter. Only one problem can be worked on at a time. The instructions say to check the title before proceeding to the admin section. I take it that wasn't done? You might want to try installing it into a clean shop, being sure to follow all of the instructions and see if that works.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hey Thanks for the response Jack...I recently fixed that particular error....I went back into the installation and read it carefully and found what I was doing wrong....but now im getting this error......Fatal error: Cannot redeclare do_magic_quotes_gpc() (previously declared in /home/herblife/public_html/admin/includes/functions/compatibility.php:18) in /home/herblife/public_html/admin/includes/functions/compatibility.php on line 30

now this error is confusing the hell out of me :huh: because I go into the compatibility file and see do_magic_quotes on line 18....but I dont see it redeclared on line 30????

here is the code im looking at

<?php

/*

$Id: compatibility.php 1829 2008-01-29 22:44:16Z hpdl $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions

http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright © 2007 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License

*/

////

// Recursively handle magic_quotes_gpc turned off.

// This is due to the possibility of have an array in

// $HTTP_xxx_VARS

// Ie, products attributes

function do_magic_quotes_gpc(&$ar) {

if (!is_array($ar)) return false;

reset($ar);

while (list($key, $value) = each($ar)) {

if (is_array($ar[$key])) {

do_magic_quotes_gpc($ar[$key]);

} else {

$ar[$key] = addslashes($value);

}

}

reset($ar);

}

any help will be greatly appreciated...

Hey Thanks for the response Jack...I recently fixed that particular error....I went back into the installation and read it carefully and found what I was doing wrong....but now im getting this error......Fatal error: Cannot redeclare do_magic_quotes_gpc() (previously declared in /home/herblife/public_html/admin/includes/functions/compatibility.php:18) in /home/herblife/public_html/admin/includes/functions/compatibility.php on line 30

now this error is confusing the hell out of me :huh: because I go into the compatibility file and see do_magic_quotes on line 18....but I dont see it redeclared on line 30????

That doesn't have anything to do with Header Tags. If you are runing some modified shop where a Header Tags file might be included twice, I suppose that could cause it but other than that, I can't see how.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

For anyone getting a missing tag message even though everything looks OK, the problem is that the code is finding out of stock products. To stop that, in the admin/includes/functions/header_tags.php file, find this line

$products_query = tep_db_query("select products_head_title_tag, products_description, products_head_keywords_tag from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " where products_head_title_tag = '' or products_description = '' or products_head_keywords_tag = ''");

and replace it with

$products_query = tep_db_query("select pd.products_head_title_tag, pd.products_description, pd.products_head_keywords_tag from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p left join " .  TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd on (p.products_id = pd.products_id) where p.products_status = 1 and (pd.products_head_title_tag = '' or pd.products_description = '' or pd.products_head_keywords_tag = '')");

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

That doesn't have anything to do with Header Tags. If you are runing some modified shop where a Header Tags file might be included twice, I suppose that could cause it but other than that, I can't see how.

Jack

I do have a modified shop....I installed a contribution to my store to get the layout I have now......so would I have to delete all the files that I installed from your contribution...because I have no idea how to look for the error in my files

Do the installation from the beginning and don't skip anything. If the database has been changed, run the uninstall script first.

Jack

Jack.

I have reinstalled everything from the start.

Checked all files with a compare tool for accuracy against backups, catalouge and new rca install files for comparisons.

Re read all posts.

With STS turned off and install catalouge part 1 added to Index and product info.php files all works well with no errors.

If I turn STS on including section 1A with or without section 1 for non STS applied I have the following problems.

1. The default title displays on all pages as set in admin for the site.

2. In headder tags SEO pages in admin I can not change the decription or keywords but I can with STS turned off.

3. In headder tags SEO fill tags I get the mesage "Failled to load SEO Words file Includes/header_tags_seo_words.txt", but with STS turned off all works correctly a seen in the source code on any main page.

Currently running with STS disabled.

my site=venetianglass.com.au

I'm sorry to bother you again about this but it is a great contrib and I have run out of ideas again any hints?

Regards Jack

I do have a modified shop....I installed a contribution to my store to get the layout I have now......so would I have to delete all the files that I installed from your contribution...because I have no idea how to look for the error in my files
I'm sorry, I should have been more clear. By modifed, I meant changed by a purchased template or that the shop is a fork of oscommerce (CRE, OsMax, etc.). But whether it is or not, if the problem wasn't there before you installed Header Tags and it is now, then there is something between the two that is causing the problem. You would have to remove the changes you made to see if that fixes the problem. Since the problem is only in admin, you only need to change those files. And since the only real changes in admin are to the categories.php file, it would be an easy matter of replacing it with your backup or the one from the package. If you installed this by copying files, be sure you copied the correct version of files.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Jack.

I have reinstalled everything from the start.

Checked all files with a compare tool for accuracy against backups, catalouge and new rca install files for comparisons.

Re read all posts.

With STS turned off and install catalouge part 1 added to Index and product info.php files all works well with no errors.

If I turn STS on including section 1A with or without section 1 for non STS applied I have the following problems.

1. The default title displays on all pages as set in admin for the site.

2. In headder tags SEO pages in admin I can not change the decription or keywords but I can with STS turned off.

3. In headder tags SEO fill tags I get the mesage "Failled to load SEO Words file Includes/header_tags_seo_words.txt", but with STS turned off all works correctly a seen in the source code on any main page.

Currently running with STS disabled.

my site=venetianglass.com.au

I'm sorry to bother you again about this but it is a great contrib and I have run out of ideas again any hints?

Regards Jack

Have you added the headertags file to the sts settings in admin? If not, then that is probably the problem. If so, all I can think is that the changes on the shop side are not correct since there is nothing in admin that STS changes that would prevent Header Tags from working. But Header Tags reads the files from the shop so if STS is on, I suppose it could stop the code in admin from working. I can't think of any other suggestions. I test Header Tags with STS and RC2 and it works fine here so I don't think it is due to either of the contributions having a problem.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hey Jack,

Thank's for the handy addon =)

One thing I think needs changing, in catalog\includes\modules\header_tags_social_bookmarks.php you should run $NAME through htmlspecialchars(, ENT_QUOTES) before echoing it. My shop sell's TV's and the ", as in 32" breaks the HTML!

I was going to add another package but thought I'd post here incase your about to release one anyway, let me know if you want I can upload the modified one.

Cheers

Patabugen

<?php
$NAME = htmlspecialchars($product_info['products_name'], ENT_QUOTES);
$TITLE = urlencode($product_info['products_name']);
$URL = urlencode("http://" . $_SERVER["HTTP_HOST"] . $_SERVER["REQUEST_URI"]);  
?>

Edited by Patabugen

I am completely stuck! :blink:

I've followed teh instructions to a tee - and my admin section works like a dream.

Hwever, I keep getting an apparent database error message when i try and access the store or any product link:

1146 - Table 'db186456758.TABLE_HEADERTAGS_DEFAULT' doesn't exist

select * from TABLE_HEADERTAGS_DEFAULT where language_id = '1'

[TEP STOP]

I've done the uninstall with headertags_seo_uninstall.php and reinstalled with headertags_seo_install.php - still no joy.

The only thing that i haven't done is add in the code to the header page, as my header file i wrote myself (to pull a header from elsewhere on my site, with javascript rollovers).

Can anyone help, please? I'm really in a bind!

Danny

Guys

I found it.

In the includes/database_tables.php file, I had a capital letter. Make sure you check your typos.

Thanks anyway guys

Danny

There's nothing there that should prevent it from working. I'm afraid this is one that can't be handled through the forum. All I can think to suggest is that you create a test shop and try installing it into there. If that fails, then it is either a mistake you keep making in the installation or something on your server that is causing the problem.

Jack

Hi Jack

I have found it.

My problem was in configure.php

Thanks for HELP

Hi, I don't receive the error I was getting before...I just deleted all the new contribution files and just reinstalled it again so now it works now.....but I do however receive a error at the top of my admin section in my store when I try to update my meta tags....

Here is the error...

Found Missing Tags: Products table has 1 items with missing meta tag information.

any Idea of why im receiving this message???

Have you added the headertags file to the sts settings in admin? If not, then that is probably the problem. If so, all I can think is that the changes on the shop side are not correct since there is nothing in admin that STS changes that would prevent Header Tags from working. But Header Tags reads the files from the shop so if STS is on, I suppose it could stop the code in admin from working. I can't think of any other suggestions. I test Header Tags with STS and RC2 and it works fine here so I don't think it is due to either of the contributions having a problem.

Jack

Jack,

Yes the header tag file has been installed to sts settings in admin.

I think you are right in recomending looking at the shop install files that where manually modified.

I have checked all files with a compare tool against my oldest back up copies and your doanload files.

I suppose the best way foward now is to load a fresh copy of OsCommerse and install all frevious contribs then compare the files to find where I have gone wrong?

Regards Jack

Found Missing Tags: Products table has 1 items with missing meta tag information.

any Idea of why im receiving this message???

Did you apply the change I posted a few posts up?

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

columnboxli0.jpg

OSC v2.2rc2a with STS v4.5.8 and Header Tags SEO v3.0.3

I am having a problem with the 'Display Column Box' feature. (Admin->Configuration->Header Tags SEO->Display Column Box->True)

The image above shows where this box is being displayed.

I am thinking it should have been displayed in the left column under the Information info box according to where the code is located.

How do I get this info box to display correctly in the left column? It is also missing a heading. Is this normal?

Edited by dark_tyrant