• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Header Tags SEO

Jack_mcs

As I recall, SEF had a problem working with the Header Tags Controller contribution for the longest time until someone finally fixed it. It might be the same situation now. You would need to test your installation without that to see where the problem is.

Jack

I ask me to excuse, for persistence.

oscommerce-2.2rc2a + Search Engine Friendly URL v1.13_1 works superb.

oscommerce-2.2rc2a + header tag controller works superb.

oscommerce-2.2rc2a + Search Engine Friendly URL v1.13_1 + header tag controller all works well except for title and meta the goods (they from the main page)

oscommerce-2.2rc2a + header tag controller + Search Engine Friendly URL v1.13_1 all works well except for title and meta the goods (they from the main page)

I tried some times header tag controller and header tag seo v3.0.1,

It would be desirable that worked together correctly, I can not find a mistake, help.

I have this problem with the German language.

fehler.jpg

The Boxes from the right are in the middle of the page after I had alter the code:

product_info.php

FIND (around line 240)

</table></form></td>
<!-- body_text_eof //-->

ADD ABOVE it:

<?php /*** Begin Header Tags SEO ***/ ?>
  <tr>
   <td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '10'); ?></td>
  </tr>
  <tr>
   <td class="smallText" align="center"><?php echo TEXT_VIEWING; ?> 
   <?php echo '<a title="' . $header_tags_array['title'] . '" href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $product_info['products_id'], 'NONSSL') . '"/# ' . $header_tags_array['title'] . '">' . $header_tags_array['title']; ?></a></td>
  </tr>
  <?php /*** End Header Tags SEO ***/ ?>

My code is:

<?php
if ((USE_CACHE == 'true') && empty($SID)) {
  echo tep_cache_also_purchased(3600);
} else {
  include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_ALSO_PURCHASED_PRODUCTS);
}
 }
?>
	</td>
  </tr>
  <tr>
   <td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '10'); ?></td>
  </tr>
  <tr>
   <td class="smallText" align="center"><?php echo TEXT_VIEWING; ?> 
   <?php echo '<a title="' . $header_tags_array['title'] . '" href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $product_info['products_id'], 'NONSSL') . '"/# ' . $header_tags_array['title'] . '">' . $header_tags_array['title']; ?></a></td>
  </tr>
</table></form></td>
<!-- body_text_eof //-->
<td width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" valign="top"><table border="0" width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
<!-- right_navigation //-->
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'column_right.php'); ?>
<!-- right_navigation_eof //-->
</table></td>
 </tr>
</table>
<!-- body_eof //-->

<!-- footer //-->
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'footer.php'); ?>
<!-- footer_eof //-->
<br>
</body>
</html>
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'application_bottom.php'); ?>

I hope you can help me.

Where is the mistake?

Thank you!

Edited by michael1981

I solved the problem. :)

I insert it below:

<td class="main" align="right"><?php echo tep_draw_hidden_field('products_id', $product_info['products_id']) . tep_image_submit('button_in_cart.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_IN_CART); ?></td>
			<td width="10"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '10', '1'); ?></td>
		  </tr>
		</table></td>
	  </tr>
	</table></td>
  </tr>

It would be desirable that worked together correctly, I can not find a mistake, help.
The contribution does work. It just doesn't, apparently, work with your setup. The support here is for the contribution itself. If it fails with other contribuitons, I will help if I can see it is something obvious. Otherwise you are on your own to find a solution.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

The contribution does work. It just doesn't, apparently, work with your setup. The support here is for the contribution itself. If it fails with other contribuitons, I will help if I can see it is something obvious. Otherwise you are on your own to find a solution.

Jack

Hello Jack.

I have made new installation. osc + header tag seo all well works (changes title and meta Correctly at all pages)

after has added Search Engine Friendly URL v1.13, has changed under the instruction files: catalog/.htaccess

catalog/index.php

catalog/includes/application_top.php

catalog/includes/boxes/manufacturers.php

catalog/includes/classes/url_rewrite.php

catalog/includes/languages/english/index.php

admin/includes/functions/general.php

there is one file: catalog/includes/functions/html_output.php , Before its change title and meta work well, but do not change urls, after change of a file : catalog/includes/functions/html_output.php , urls are displayed well (beautiful), and titls and meta on pages of the goods such as on the main page??????

Here changes in this file:

catalog/includes/functions/html_output.php

=====================================

Look for this at line 69

-------------------------------------

return $link;

}

////

// The HTML image wrapper function

Add this before <-- Notice it says BEFORE

-------------------------------------

// SEF BEGIN

$url_rewrite = new url_rewrite;

$link = $url_rewrite->transform_url($link);

// SEF END

After these changes title and meta on pages of the goods from the main page?

Hello Jack.

I have made new installation. osc + header tag seo all well works (changes title and meta Correctly at all pages)

after has added Search Engine Friendly URL v1.13, has changed under the instruction files: catalog/.htaccess

catalog/index.php

catalog/includes/application_top.php

catalog/includes/boxes/manufacturers.php

catalog/includes/classes/url_rewrite.php

catalog/includes/languages/english/index.php

admin/includes/functions/general.php

there is one file: catalog/includes/functions/html_output.php , Before its change title and meta work well, but do not change urls, after change of a file : catalog/includes/functions/html_output.php , urls are displayed well (beautiful), and titls and meta on pages of the goods such as on the main page??????

After these changes title and meta on pages of the goods from the main page?

Yes, as mentioned previously, that contribution is doing something to cause the problem. It is the one that had the problem with the Header Tags Controller contribution. If you look at the contributions section for that contribution, you will see uploads for fixing that problem. The same fix might work with this contribution. If not, you should contact its author and/or the support thread for it since the problem lies there as this contribution works fine with the other url rewriters.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

I don't have an answer for you. I suggest installing it in a clean install to make sure it works for you. Perhaps you are making a mistake in the installation.

Jack

Solved. Not with installation issue. problem with Mod_rewrite and header_tags.php , used basename(__FILE__) that returned the actual filename rather then rewrited filename that cause missing title, discription and meta.

Solved. Not with installation issue. problem with Mod_rewrite and header_tags.php , used basename(__FILE__) that returned the actual filename rather then rewrited filename that cause missing title, discription and meta.

Hello.

Prompt please more in detail, what it is necessary to change?

Jack, Great contribution you have here. Almost have everything working properly for RC2 with these contributions installed:

1. Ultimate SEO

2. FCKeditor for Product Descriptions

3. AJAX Attribute Manager v2.8.2

The Catalog portion was installed correctly and is working GREAT. The Admin portion is almost complete, I am just running into one issue I cannot seem to resolve.

When I Edit an existing category or create a new one (admin/categories.php), and I change ANY of the new fields added with this contribution (Header Tags Category Title, Header Tags Category Description, Header Tags Category Keywords, Header Tags Categories Description) upon saving, nothing is being saved. When I go back into Edit the category, any changes I made to those fields was never saved. However, it will save changes to the Category Name, Image or Sort Order in the categories.php. If I make the same updates or add new manufacturers (admin/manufacturers.php) then update the Header Tags fields, everything is saved correctly.

I have installed this 3 times now and cannot seem to find the issue with the categories.php file only. Can you please point me in the right direction? There must be some line that was either missed in the 3 times I modified the categories.php, or something else is nopt right.

Thanks...

As mentioned in the docs, any probelm on the admin/categories.php page is most likely a problem with the categories.php file. Use the included one to compate and test.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Need little help

7) In includes/header.php,

FIND:

<td valign="middle"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'oscommerce.gif', 'osCommerce') . '</a>'; ?></td>

REPLACE with:

<td valign="middle"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'oscommerce.gif', (tep_not_null($header_tags_array['logo_text']) ? $header_tags_array['logo_text'] : STORE_NAME)) . '</a>'; ?></td>

My header.php has the following:

<table align="center" border="0" width="770"><tr><td>

Thats it. My site has many mods. Any help greatly appreciated.

I have no errors doing rest of install, leaving out step 7, but i do not get the "New Home Page Title".

It sounds like you dont have a clickable logo. If you can figure out a way to put one in, then you really should to take full advantage of this great contribution.

Mind showing a link to your site?

Follow the community build:

BS3 to osCommerce Responsive from the Get Go!

Check out the new construction:

Admin Gone to Total BS!

I dont know about sts,

but by viewing your source code , I came up with this, YOU will need to modify it to get it to work. But its a start. You probally should cut the lettering from your current image and stick that image as a background in the table and then use the lettering for your logo.

Note that I have cut your javascript out, Only to save space on the thread here, put it back in where I placed "CUT SCRIPT"

<table width="100%" align="center" height="110" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" bgcolor="#319340">
<tr>
<td width="10"> </td> 
<td valign="top" align="left">   
<script language=Javascript><!--
CUT SCRIPT
//--></script></td>
<td width="10"> </td>
<td align="left"><?php echo'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, '', 'NONSSL') . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'geeklogo.jpg', (tep_not_null($header_tags_array['logo_text']) ? $header_tags_array['logo_text'] : STORE_NAME)) . '</a>'; ?></td>
<td width="10"> </td>
 </tr>
</table>

<table bgcolor="#000000" border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="1">
			<tr class="headerNavigation">
				<td class="headerNavigation">  <a href="https://helpcomputergeek.sslpowered.com//catalog/index.php" class="headerNavigation">Home</a> » <a href="https://helpcomputergeek.sslpowered.com//catalog/privacy.php" class="headerNavigation">Privacy Notice</a></td>
				<td align="right" class="headerNavigation"><a href=https://helpcomputergeek.sslpowered.com//catalog/account.php class="headerNavigation">My Account</a> | <a href=https://helpcomputergeek.sslpowered.com//catalog/shopping_cart.php class="headerNavigation">Cart Contents</a> | <a href=https://helpcomputergeek.sslpowered.com//catalog/checkout_shipping.php class="headerNavigation">Checkout</a>  </td>
			</tr>
		</table>

Follow the community build:

BS3 to osCommerce Responsive from the Get Go!

Check out the new construction:

Admin Gone to Total BS!

Thanks for excellent info.

But have issue when I loaded home page, before making changes above.

Warning: Division by zero in /mnt/////www/catalog/includes/functions/html_output.php on line 175

172 // Scale the image if not the original size

173 if ($image_size[0] != $width || $image_size[1] != $height) {

174 $rx = $image_size[0] / $width;

175 $ry = $image_size[1] / $height;

Edited by computergeek

Thanks for excellent info.

But have issue when I loaded home page, before making changes above.

Warning: Division by zero in /mnt/////www/catalog/includes/functions/html_output.php on line 175

172 // Scale the image if not the original size

173 if ($image_size[0] != $width || $image_size[1] != $height) {

174 $rx = $image_size[0] / $width;

175 $ry = $image_size[1] / $height;

That's not a Header Tags issue. You will need to ask for help in the general support forum.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Fixed my issue, was when I deleted a duplicate entry from database.

Thanks for all info supplied.

I still not getting the:

"go to the home page of your site (you may have to refresh the browser) and you should see a new title, "New Home Page Title," for your index page."

I have this line in my english.php file

// page title

define('TITLE', 'HelpComputerGeek.com - We Get It Done Right - For Less!');

Does that need changed?

Any thoughts?

Edited by computergeek

// page title

define('TITLE', 'HelpComputerGeek.com - We Get It Done Right - For Less!');

Does that need changed?

Any thoughts?

That title definition isn't used by Header Tags so it won't matter what it is set to. Have you added the headertags module to the STS entry in admin->Modules?

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hey..

update from the old Header Tags Controller V2.6.3 Complete to Header Tags SEO V 3.0.1

following the Update_from_V_2.6.3_to_V_3.0.txt and then the Update_from_V_3.0_to_V_3.0.1.txt

now on catalog/product_info.php i get this....

Warning: MySQL_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/www/leevee.dk/includes/functions/database.php on line 112

I havent got a clue to what part of the code in product_info.php is giving this error/warning..

Black Cap

It's failing on the code to load the database. Did you run the conversion script? If so, you will have to compare what's in the database with the new database changes. Or, you can run the unistall script and then the install script. You will loose your past changes but that shouldn't be too difficult to fix.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hey Jack..

Did the uninstall and then an install.. only thing i had to change is the configuration_group_id from 20 to 26... I have another contrib that is using 20..

But it didn't help, I'm still getting the warning..

BlackCap

I have the same problem as misillsam , which is, on the Page Controll admin page (header_tags_seo.php), a php max_execution_time timeout ...

My categories.php is heavilly modified, but it looks like I followed the steps very carefully (and anyway, what would categories.php have to do with a bug on categories.php ?) ...

Any idea why I would timeout on this particular line (103) in header_tags_seo.php ? :

$optionID[] = sprintf("option_%d_%d_%d", $z, $pageNumb, $languages[$i]['id']);

( Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 300 seconds exceeded in X:\you\can\not\fight\in\here\this\is\the\war\room\admin\header_tags_seo.php on line 103 )

Please note that I have this problem wether or not I put numerical values in the "sort order" fields.

Besides, if I click on the checkbox "View result:" for the index.php page, I'm redirected to header_tags_seo.php without anything seeming to happen.

Might it be due to these two typos ? (lines 497 to 500) :

<th class="smallText" title="<?php echo $commonPopup['view']; ?>" class="popup" ><?php echo HEADING_TITLE_SEO_VIEW_RESULT; ?> </th>
					 <th title="<?php echo $commonPopup['view']; ?>" class="popup" ><input type="checkbox" name="view_result", value="<?php echo $id_toggle; ?>" onClick="this.form.submit();"  <?php echo $checked; ?> ></th>
					 <th class="smallText" title="<?php echo $commonPopup['delete']; ?>" class="popup"><?php echo HEADING_TITLE_SEO_DELETE; ?> </th>
					 <th title="<?php echo $commonPopup['delete']; ?>" class="popup"><input type="checkbox" name="delete_page", value="<?php echo $id_toggle; ?>" onClick="return confirmdelete(this.form, '<?php echo $newfiles[$x]['text']; ?>')" ></th>

=> Notice the extra comma ( , ) after each ' <input type="checkbox" name="..." '

Firefox/PHP/The leprechaun living in my PC might not appreciate (not tested on IE yet, 'cause I'm lazy).

As this kind of typo can be found several other times in the file, this could be a lead ...

I'll try to clean all the typos and keep you informed.