• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Header Tags SEO

Jack_mcs

Thanks for mentioning it but it isn't a bug. It is just that the code for articles manager was written for the Header Tags Controller so it may still need that in application top. GLCustoms mentioned previously that the new code worked fine with article manager so it may depend on what version you are using. But it won't hurt to have that code in application_top. It was moved to the includes/header_tags.php file but the code in that file makes sure it is only included once so there shouldn't be any conflict.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

As mentioned in the docs, any problem related to that page is due to the categories.php changes. Use the included one to see if the problem goes away and then use a compare program to find the mistake.

Jack

Thanks for the reply. Been away for a few days. I replaced the categories.php with the one included, and I still have the same problem. When I edit the category, the image disappears: IMAGE DOES NOT EXIST.

I checked the path under the broken image properties, and it shows the correct path up to the image/ and missing the image name.

I then uploaded the original categories.php page that came with the installation, and it works fine. where did I go wrong?

Natalie

First of all nice one Jack another great contribution.

Maybe a small bug report any comments on this would be appreciated.

Installed HeaderTags_SEO_V_3.0.1 on a modified store everything seemed fine, in admin header tags working great but when I inserted a few new articles ( article manager 1.5) I found I was getting a blank page when clicking on

New Articles links on index page and only seeing the latest article after clicking on all articles instead of 3 _ 4. I first checked article manager for bugs but found none after running the SEO 3.0 install again

I found that in application top.php towards the end about line: 585

8) Find and remove the following in catalog/includes/application_top.php

// BOF: Header Tags Controller v2.6.3

require(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'header_tags.php');

// Clean out HTML comments from ALT tags etc.

require(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'clean_html_comments.php');

// EOF: Added: Header Tags Controller v2.6.3

if I left the.... require(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'clean_html_comments.php');....... untouched everything works fine...

still checking the effect on HeaderTags_SEO but at the minute the links on the index page for the articles are working again and the HeaderTags SEO seems to be unaffected.

Follow the community build:

BS3 to osCommerce Responsive from the Get Go!

Check out the new construction:

Admin Gone to Total BS!

What I had done previous to header tags SEO, was redo all the original articles header tags controller to format the same as the latest version of header tags controller. So there was no seperate header tags function for articles. When the header tags SEO was released, I just went through out it and duplicated categories into topics, products into articles, and manufacturers into authors. Then placed it all under the original functions.

In admin/header_tags_seo I added the extra check boxs for topics and authors. I added the extra defines into the database table. Think it was a total of 4 more.

And I did make a seperate file for filling the topics, articles and authors at once. I didnt have any problems with having to add any extra code to application top, as I already had it running as part of header tags 2.6 with no seperation between it and articles.

I did at first get a blank page though, in the code for includes/header_tags.php i wrote some new code a p.articles_ instead of a.articles I found that and it works great.

You can see it in action here:

http://stopscabies.com

It reflects all the topic and article info great.

Follow the community build:

BS3 to osCommerce Responsive from the Get Go!

Check out the new construction:

Admin Gone to Total BS!

Hi Jack,

First of all thank you so much for this contribution and the support you give on this board.

Everything worked fine for me except I have missed out on something in the installation which I cannot trace.

All my production descripts begin with the words "products new description -" and then the text on the page.

Would you know what I did wrong or is there any easy way to remove the word "products new description" from the description?

Thanks,

Paul

Hi Jack,

First of all thank you so much for this contribution and the support you give on this board.

Everything worked fine for me except I have missed out on something in the installation which I cannot trace.

All my production descripts begin with the words "products new description -" and then the text on the page.

Would you know what I did wrong or is there any easy way to remove the word "products new description" from the description?

Thanks,

Paul

What are "production descripts?" Assuming you mean product descriptions, this conribution doesn't change that so I don't know why yours would change.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

What are "production descripts?" Assuming you mean product descriptions, this conribution doesn't change that so I don't know why yours would change.

Jack

In my product descriptions, I'm seeing "<meta name="Description" content="products new description -   The New King Cobra HS9 Driver" />

<meta name="Keywords" content="products new keywords1,keywords2 , Cobra HS9 Driver" />

So it looks like my descriptions just get appended as opposed to replacing to the default settings of "products new description" and the same with the default keywords "products new keywords1, keywords2".

I am sure your contribution is 100% correct as I installed it in a test server first and it worked. I have done something wrong in the live shop installation. Without reinstalling the whole thing, I was wondering if you knew which file I had to touch?

Thanks,

Paul

Hello there,

I had the error -

PHP Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_header_tag_page() (previously declared in /home/xxxx/public_html/includes/functions/header_tags.php:15) in /home/xxxx/public_html/includes/functions/header_tags.php on line 15

by changing (in file /catalog/includes/modules/sts_inc/headertags.php)

to

require_once(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'header_tags.php');

seems to allow it to work

is new install -> oscommerce-2.2rc2a, STSv4.5.8_1_2 and HeaderTags_SEO_V_3.0.1

is this ok?, before i go much further with the store

Thanks in advance

In my product descriptions, I'm seeing "<meta name="Description" content="products new description -   The New King Cobra HS9 Driver" />

<meta name="Keywords" content="products new keywords1,keywords2 , Cobra HS9 Driver" />

So it looks like my descriptions just get appended as opposed to replacing to the default settings of "products new description" and the same with the default keywords "products new keywords1, keywords2".

I am sure your contribution is 100% correct as I installed it in a test server first and it worked. I have done something wrong in the live shop installation. Without reinstalling the whole thing, I was wondering if you knew which file I had to touch?

Thanks,

Paul

Do you have text for the description in page control for that page? Have you tried changing that to see what affect it has?

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

to

require_once(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'header_tags.php');

seems to allow it to work

is new install -> oscommerce-2.2rc2a, STSv4.5.8_1_2 and HeaderTags_SEO_V_3.0.1

is this ok?, before i go much further with the store

Yes, that is fine.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I have Ultimate SEO URLs installed so

basename($PHP_SELF)==FILENAME_DEFAULT

dont work as it returns longurl rather then

actual filename. so please let me know whats the solution

PHP_SELF is before Ultimate SEO changes anything so that isn't the reason for your problem.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

PHP_SELF is before Ultimate SEO changes anything so that isn't the reason for your problem.

Jack

In header_tags.php

case (basename($PHP_SELF)==FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO):

But try to dubug it echo phpself

its returns productname_c12_pid12.html not product_info.php

Before Ultimate SEO , headers tag seo is working fine. but now all page has default values of title description and meta.

In header_tags.php

case (basename($PHP_SELF)==FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO):

But try to dubug it echo phpself

its returns productname_c12_pid12.html not product_info.php

Before Ultimate SEO , headers tag seo is working fine. but now all page has default values of title description and meta.

I don't have an answer for you. I suggest installing it in a clean install to make sure it works for you. Perhaps you are making a mistake in the installation.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Thanks for the reply. Been away for a few days. I replaced the categories.php with the one included, and I still have the same problem. When I edit the category, the image disappears: IMAGE DOES NOT EXIST.

I checked the path under the broken image properties, and it shows the correct path up to the image/ and missing the image name.

I then uploaded the original categories.php page that came with the installation, and it works fine. where did I go wrong?

Natalie

Jack,

Thanks for all your work on putting this contribution together. So far the only issue I have come across is the same one Natalie has and my solution follows.

Natalie,

Save copies of everything then - Try replacing the following code in admin>categories.php, about line 90.

if ($categories_image = new upload('categories_image', DIR_FS_CATALOG_IMAGES)) {
         tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " set categories_image = '" . tep_db_input($categories_image->filename) . "' where categories_id = '" . (int)$categories_id . "'");
       }

with this code from about line 80 from a clean install, pre adding any contributions, the first two lines of code are missing completely from categories.php that came with Header Tags SEO.

$categories_image = new upload('categories_image');
       $categories_image->set_destination(DIR_FS_CATALOG_IMAGES);

if ($categories_image->parse() && $categories_image->save()) {
         tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " set categories_image = '" . tep_db_input($categories_image->filename) . "' where categories_id = '" . (int)$categories_id . "'");
       }

This seems to take care of the problem and I have not found any problems so far.

Carl

The categories file in the contribution is for MS2. If you replace your RC2 file with it, that could happen. I will change that in the next version.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

The categories file in the contribution is for MS2. If you replace your RC2 file with it, that could happen. I will change that in the next version.

Jack

RE: MS2

Good point, I neglected to state that I am working on a new RC2 install with STSv.4.5.8 and HeaderTags_SEO_V_3.0.1.

Thanks, Carl

Hope this isn't a dumb question but... :-"

Does this contribution give the facility to give 'section' and 'subsection' pages within the store their own page titles meta information?

Thanks

===============

Simple yet Creative

Get Online Web Design : getonlinedesign.com

===============

Hope this isn't a dumb question but... :-"

Does this contribution give the facility to give 'section' and 'subsection' pages within the store their own page titles meta information?

Thanks

I'm not sure what you mean by "'section' and 'subsection' pages" but if they are standard oscomerce pages, then, yes, it the code will allow unique title and meta tags for each page.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Jack,

Thanks for all your work on putting this contribution together. So far the only issue I have come across is the same one Natalie has and my solution follows.

Natalie,

Save copies of everything then - Try replacing the following code in admin>categories.php, about line 90.

if ($categories_image = new upload('categories_image', DIR_FS_CATALOG_IMAGES)) {
       }

with this code from about line 80 from a clean install, pre adding any contributions, the first two lines of code are missing completely from categories.php that came with Header Tags SEO.

$categories_image = new upload('categories_image');
       $categories_image->set_destination(DIR_FS_CATALOG_IMAGES);

if ($categories_image->parse() && $categories_image->save()) {
       }

This seems to take care of the problem and I have not found any problems so far.

Carl

Thanks for the reply ramzog, Worked like a charm!

Sorry - I should have used the correct terminology.

As you create astore, you'll add a category and that category may also end up with multiple sub categories before you get to any products.

It's these (which by default are linked as www.domain.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=35 and so on) which I wanted to check would be individually editable for page titles and meta information

The reason I asked is that the version of HTC I'm using (2.3.3) didn't allow for this...

Thanks

===============

Simple yet Creative

Get Online Web Design : getonlinedesign.com

===============

Sorry - I should have used the correct terminology.

As you create astore, you'll add a category and that category may also end up with multiple sub categories before you get to any products.

It's these (which by default are linked as www.domain.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=35 and so on) which I wanted to check would be individually editable for page titles and meta information

The reason I asked is that the version of HTC I'm using (2.3.3) didn't allow for this...

Thanks

Yes, it allows you to edit the title and meta tags for each category and sub-category. Be careful with the update though since 2.3.3 is very old and I doubt the convert script will work with it. Of course, you don't have to use the convert script and it probably wouldn't make a big difference in this case since there isn't a lot of information in your version to convert.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hello Jack, thanks for works.

At me the problem which already met, but the decision is not present.

I have established oscommerce-2.2rc2a + Search Engine Friendly URL v1.13_1 : works well + HeaderTags_V_2.6.3, well, the goods show title and meta tag The main page (index.php).

Has established oscommerce-2.2rc2a + HeaderTags_V_2.6.3 works well, names of the goods, all is correct, + Search Engine Friendly URL v1.13_1 : title and meta On the goods not correct (as on the main page)

help!

Hello Jack, thanks for works.

At me the problem which already met, but the decision is not present.

I have established oscommerce-2.2rc2a + Search Engine Friendly URL v1.13_1 : works well + HeaderTags_V_2.6.3, well, the goods show title and meta tag The main page (index.php).

Has established oscommerce-2.2rc2a + HeaderTags_V_2.6.3 works well, names of the goods, all is correct, + Search Engine Friendly URL v1.13_1 : title and meta On the goods not correct (as on the main page)

help!

As I recall, SEF had a problem working with the Header Tags Controller contribution for the longest time until someone finally fixed it. It might be the same situation now. You would need to test your installation without that to see where the problem is.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons