• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Internal Page Links

Hi,

I have just added a Glossary page into the info box. I want to have a alphabetical index at the top that links to various descriptive terms listed below on the page.

I also want to have [back] options in the list below, to return to the alphabetical list at the top of the page.

Basically, I believe I need to link the page internally from the top to the bottom, and well visa versa.

I'm new to coding, and have tried using the formula (heading = A or B or C or...Z)

<A HREF="#Heading">heading</A> at the top to go to the anchor below <A NAME=Heading>heading </A> but the page loops outside and loads blank.

How do I go about this?

Thank you!

Jay

Hi,

I have just added a Glossary page into the info box. I want to have a alphabetical index at the top that links to various descriptive terms listed below on the page.

I also want to have [back] options in the list below, to return to the alphabetical list at the top of the page.

Basically, I believe I need to link the page internally from the top to the bottom, and well visa versa.

I'm new to coding, and have tried using the formula (heading = A or B or C or...Z)

<A HREF="#Heading">heading</A> at the top to go to the anchor below <A NAME=Heading>heading </A> but the page loops outside and loads blank.

How do I go about this?

Thank you!

Jay

If glossary is php page, did you try

<A HREF="glossary.php/#Heading">heading</A>

if html, try this

<A HREF="glossary.html/#Heading">heading</A>

???

~~~Tapuahk

There are links to a site that has pages that do "relative links" here:

Click Me

From your description, you have the HTML code figured out (if it comes out on your page as you've described). Although it's a bit more "complex" if you try to use osC's tep_href_link function. Or if you don't understand and take into account the way osC and browsers use the <base href=".."> in the HTML. If you read the post I linked to you'll see why.

I've actually done this on a site (it was a few years ago and the site is no longer is on the net but I still have the HTML source code).

To be any more help, I'd need a link to see what's going on.

If you still want/need help, and don't want to post the link, you can PM it to me.

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

"Headers already sent" - The definitive help

"Cannot redeclare ..." - How to find/fix it

SSL Implementation Help

Like this post? "Like" it again over there >

If glossary is php page, did you try

<A HREF="glossary.php/#Heading">heading</A>

if html, try this

<A HREF="glossary.html/#Heading">heading</A>

???

~~~Tapuahk

Thanks T.

I have tried this in my glossary.php:

<A HREF="glossary.php/#heading">heading</A>

and the anchor below as

<A NAME="heading"> </A>

but when I click on the link "heading", the page www.mysite.com/glossary.php/#heading and this error "unable to determine page link" comes up.

I am making these changes to the file under includes/languages/english/glossary.php .... should I also perhaps make changes elsewhere?

Ahh, and I was doing so well...

Thanks for your help on this :thumbsup:

Jay

i don't think the slash should be included. try:

<A HREF="glossary.php#heading">heading</A>

Why thank you Dave!

I do believe it works now - without the slash :rolleyes:

Thanks to everybody by the way, all your suggestions are tops!

Jay

Archived