• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Change .header background color

rughooker

Why can't I change the .header background? I tried td {background: #foe68c;}. The background stayed white. Next I tried <tr>, <table>, gave the table a name and wrapped it all in a div. Nothing worked. Still just a white background, the default. I even added bgcolor="#f0e68c" in the header html.

Can the header background be changed or do I have to use a graphic? I am grouping my CSS changes at the end of the file so I can change colors often. I really don't want to mess with a colored background graphic. My logo graphic currently has a transparent background.

I can change mine with this part of the stylesheet:

TR.header {
 background: #ffffff;
}

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

"Headers already sent" - The definitive help

"Cannot redeclare ..." - How to find/fix it

SSL Implementation Help

Like this post? "Like" it again over there >

I finally got it. If I changed just the one like you suggested, it remained white, so I moved on to some of the other small elements. I found that I needed to change both the TD.class and TR.class. I went back to the header and the same method worked there.

Thanks.

Archived