• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How to setup shipping to different zones with multiple packages mer item in cart?

jeepcamping.com

I have multiples issues with this problem.

I have products that weigh 325lbs or more and are shipped in multiple boxes. When I test a sale for these products the cart comes up with $447 to ship to FL. from Sacramento, CA. How would I set up the cart to recognize multiple packages for one item and charge the accurate price for the total item/package to a specific zip code. That is the major one.

Also, how do I install multiple zones. Ex: for shipping California is zone 2 and 3, Florida is 8. Does the shipping module already know this? Can I set it up that way?

How can I set up no shipping charges on something. We are selling advanced ticket purchases for one of our sponsors. There is no product being shipped.

Thank you for all your help.

I guess you need to merge all the items in multiple boxes into one within your catalogue? Is this possible for you? I mean, if an item is made up of 5 boxes, each with their own weights, just list them in your store as 5 items (as one actual store item), and then of course assign the combined weight of all the boxes under that one item. At the end of the day, it does not matter how many items make up a single sale item, if all those boxes are charged as an item, then they should be listed in your store as one item with one weight value. No?

Cheers

CT

I have multiples issues with this problem.

I have products that weigh 325lbs or more and are shipped in multiple boxes. When I test a sale for these products the cart comes up with $447 to ship to FL. from Sacramento, CA. How would I set up the cart to recognize multiple packages for one item and charge the accurate price for the total item/package to a specific zip code. That is the major one.

Also, how do I install multiple zones. Ex: for shipping California is zone 2 and 3, Florida is 8. Does the shipping module already know this? Can I set it up that way?

How can I set up no shipping charges on something. We are selling advanced ticket purchases for one of our sponsors. There is no product being shipped.

Thank you for all your help.