• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Errors after install

im getting errors after running the install any help much appreciated

Warning: session_save_path() [function.session-save-path]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/tmp) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/gameangeu/public_html) in /home/gameangeu/public_html/oscom/catalog/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 169

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home/gameangeu/public_html/oscom/catalog/includes/functions/sessions.php:169) in /home/gameangeu/public_html/oscom/catalog/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 102

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/gameangeu/public_html/oscom/catalog/includes/functions/sessions.php:169) in /home/gameangeu/public_html/oscom/catalog/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 102

Check the last line of includes/configure.php and put mysql between the single quotes.

define('STORE_SESSIONS', 'mysql'); // leave empty '' for default handler or set to 'mysql'

Checked the last line and its is :-

define('STORE_SESSIONS', 'mysql');

?>

Sorry if i'm being abit thick but i'm a novice when it comes to php

Checked the last line and its is :-

define('STORE_SESSIONS', 'mysql');

?>

Sorry if i'm being abit thick but i'm a novice when it comes to php

I have the exact same problem. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

I figured it out from this link but it wasn't that obvious so I will clarify it here.

You take the allowed path from the error message like "/home/gameangeu/public_html" in the above example and add it to the session directory path in the Administration/Configuration/Sessions page. That makes the Session Directory value look like this: "/home/gameangeu/public_html/tmp"

Of course you will have to take the path that you own error message gives you.

So even if you do have "define('STORE_SESSIONS', 'mysql');" in your configure.php files you still have to change the session directory path.

Now it works for me!

/Mattias

Archived