• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

OsCommerce Website stopped working

dreami2

HI All,

This is my very first time using, so please let me know if im not "getting it right"

I'm really hoping someone can help me, as i'm desperate.

I know very little about oscommerce, however i purchased an off the shelf oscommerce website package that i managed to get working in 2 seperate locations, using the same host providers but on 2 different servers, 2 different domains etc.

Everything was working great until my host/providers decided to make some type of "unidentified" security changes/upgrades to their servers. They still haven't told me exactly what these were, but from what i can gather it was something to do with SSL and/or HTTPS settings.

First both of my sites stopped displaying all images, (the paths seemed to be incorrect) i found a fix using this forum & even though i had no idea what i was doing & it fixed both of them with the grapics returning to normal. The fix was as follows;-

1. Change includes/application_top.php file as follows

(getenv('HTTPS') == 'on')

to

(getenv('HTTPS') == '1')

And From

$request_type = (getenv('HTTPS') == '1') ? 'SSL' : 'NONSSL';

To

$request_type = (getenv('HTTPS') == '1') ? 'NONSSL' : 'NONSSL';

This fixed the problem with images immediately.

However now i have another problem with only one of the sites which also seems to be with incorrect paths (that were i'm sure previously working)

The website is an automated software/ebook system, when something is purchased & paid for it displays the file on the screen ready for download. One webiste is still working fine but the 2nd gives the following error when the file to be download is clicked;-

Not Found

The requested URL /pub/.gckpxsgbsbvntietb/test.zip was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I have compared the config.php files on both sites and the WS and FS download paths are both identical, so in theory they both should be working. Both systems are exactly the same, installed exactly the same way. The only difference is they are on the two different servers. If one site has a problem i can usually just compare the two and spot the difference so to speak. But it doesn't seem to be working this time, i can only think that i'm looking in the wrong place or that something else was changed on one server and not on the other. I have tried playing around with SSL NONSSL and HTTPS settings but it makes no difference - as mentioned i have no idea what i'm doing i just know that prior to the "unidentified" changes on the server I had two perfectly functional websites and after the changes i had none. My only way of getting it working is searching, copying and pasting solutions from a forum like this one and hoping and praying that someone can point me in the right direction and provide much needed assistance.

Below is my configure.php file from /includes directory, not sure if this is required or will help provide a solution;-

// Define the webserver and path parameters

// * DIR_FS_* = Filesystem directories (local/physical)

// * DIR_WS_* = Webserver directories (virtual/URL)

// add your database and website details to the variables below

define('DB_SERVER_USERNAME', 'atomiceb_ebookst');

// your username that you use to log into your web server

define('DB_SERVER_PASSWORD', 'xxxxxx');

// your password that you use to log into your web server

define('DB_DATABASE', 'atomiceb_ebookstore');

// replace username with your web server username

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/home/atomiceb/public_html/');

define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://www.atomicebooks.com');

define('HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN', '.atomicebooks.com');

// do not include the www

// you do not need to change anything below

define('DB_SERVER', 'localhost');

define('DIR_WS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', 'download/');

define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'download/');

define('HTTPS_COOKIE_DOMAIN', '');

define('HTTP_COOKIE_PATH', '/');

define('HTTPS_COOKIE_PATH', '');

define('DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG', '/');

define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG', '');

define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', 'images/');

define('DIR_WS_ICONS', DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'icons/');

define('DIR_WS_INCLUDES', 'includes/');

define('DIR_WS_BOXES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'boxes/');

define('DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'functions/');

define('DIR_WS_CLASSES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'classes/');

define('DIR_WS_MODULES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'modules/');

define('DIR_WS_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'languages/');

define('HTTPS_SERVER', '');

define('ENABLE_SSL', false);

define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'pub/');

define('USE_PCONNECT', 'false');

define('STORE_SESSIONS', 'mysql');

?>

Thank you so much for any help offered.

Rod

If security has been inceased then "Download by redirect" will not work and you have to set that to false in osC Admin.

You will then have to put a.htacces file inside the downloads folder (where the download will now be served up from) preventing any unauthorised outside access to the various file types in that folder e.g. .zip .iso etc.,

Vger

If security has been inceased then "Download by redirect" will not work and you have to set that to false in osC Admin.

You will then have to put a.htacces file inside the downloads folder (where the download will now be served up from) preventing any unauthorised outside access to the various file types in that folder e.g. .zip .iso etc.,

Vger

THANK YOU SO SO MUCH! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :lol:

Archived