• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

catagory sort order contribution not sorting

Ive been through 3 times my changes to match Beer Monsters contribution. I manged to add the database sort field and now I can enter and sort the products within each category under admin.

However, sorting does not work on the main mydomain/catalog/index.php

I select the categories, and they stay in name order. Ive tried running up in another browser in case settings got stored somewhere for the session, but still no joy.

Ive put in some debug echos to find out where things are in index.php and Ive found that PRODUCT_LIST_SORT_ORDER is never active. Instead 'PRODUCT_LIST_NAME' and 'PRODUCT_LIST_IMAGE' are active in the $column_list[$i].

Its seems Ive missed something obvious, perhaps some setup step?

Many thanks

Andy

Edited by andychalgrove

Ive been through 3 times my changes to match Beer Monsters contribution. I manged to add the database sort field and now I can enter and sort the products within each category under admin.

However, sorting does not work on the main mydomain/catalog/index.php

I select the categories, and they stay in name order. Ive tried running up in another browser in case settings got stored somewhere for the session, but still no joy.

Ive put in some debug echos to find out where things are in index.php and Ive found that PRODUCT_LIST_SORT_ORDER is never active. Instead 'PRODUCT_LIST_NAME' and 'PRODUCT_LIST_IMAGE' are active in the $column_list[$i].

Its seems Ive missed something obvious, perhaps some setup step?

Many thanks

Andy

Well you've got to have a sense of humour. I restored my system and found a newer mod called product_sort_v1.6

Installed it twice and corrupted my system (good that I backed up first), then finally got it working on admin.

But...it doesnt sort the categories! Theres a hole in my bucket...dear lizer...

I just copied all the files from the "fresh install" folder...and it still doesnt work

At this point...off to have my tea

Well you've got to have a sense of humour. I restored my system and found a newer mod called product_sort_v1.6

Installed it twice and corrupted my system (good that I backed up first), then finally got it working on admin.

But...it doesnt sort the categories! Theres a hole in my bucket...dear lizer...

I just copied all the files from the "fresh install" folder...and it still doesnt work

At this point...off to have my tea

I'm at a total loss as to why the index.php comes up in product order (it has a plus next to product column) I have the line

// BOF Product Sort

$HTTP_GET_VARS['sort'] = 'products_sort_order';

$listing_sql .= " order by p.products_sort_order asc";

// EOF Product Sort

in my code.

anybody out there that knows what this might be...anyone...anywhere :(

I'm at a total loss as to why the index.php comes up in product order (it has a plus next to product column) I have the line

// BOF Product Sort

$HTTP_GET_VARS['sort'] = 'products_sort_order';

// EOF Product Sort

in my code.

anybody out there that knows what this might be...anyone...anywhere :(

OK SOLUTION I THINK

don't ask me why, I'm a C++ man and I'm just learning PHP and database but

ive changed the lines above to

// BOF Product Sort

$HTTP_GET_VARS['sort'] = 'a';//'products_sort_order';