• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Changing internet formats

I'm in the process of changing from Dial -up internet to DSL with another carrier (From Earthlink to Verizon). Is there something that I need to do to make sure that I receive my orders/emails/questions from the website to my new email account? Also is there anything that I need to do to the website before or after I make this change. I tried to find a phone number for tech support but couldn't find one.

I should tell you that I'm using a Mac (not that it should matter) and not a windows based machine.

I'm in the process of changing from Dial -up internet to DSL with another carrier (From Earthlink to Verizon). Is there something that I need to do to make sure that I receive my orders/emails/questions from the website to my new email account? Also is there anything that I need to do to the website before or after I make this change. I tried to find a phone number for tech support but couldn't find one.

I should tell you that I'm using a Mac (not that it should matter) and not a windows based machine.

Change your email address in the admin.

Is this postfor real? >_<

Follow the community build:

BS3 to osCommerce Responsive from the Get Go!

Check out the new construction:

Admin Gone to Total BS!

yes, but I'm not too computer savvy...

I looked for an area to change it but, could not find it . That's why I'm asking here.

Thanks

Before I do the wrong thing... What would the right thing be?

I believe that this website is linked somehow with my personal email program because I receive business emails through it also.

yes, but I'm not too computer savvy...

I looked for an area to change it but, could not find it . That's why I'm asking here.

Thanks

look in your admin, under configuration/my store, youll find a few places on that page.

Admin Gone to Total BS!

That all looks good. I'll be changing my email address from "[email protected]' to "[email protected]" is there someplace that I have to change that address on the website (admin) to continue to get notified of emails,orders,questions,etc?

I get those now and would like to continue that especially the paypal stuff and the like.

Thanks for taking th

Also, Is there any one I need to notify that I'm changing internet providers on the web hoster Admin to make this change?

That section is the only place you have to change any emails at as far as the cart is concerned. You will need to change them in your PayPal account,(if your using the one your changing for that) and when thats done, you need to make the changes in your admin/modules/payment/paypal as well.

You dont need to notify anyone about changing service providers. Your oscommerce instalation has nothing to do with your internet service provider.

Admin Gone to Total BS!

Archived