• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

featured.php - Featured Products Index Page Customizing layout

cjmuser

Hi All,

...its seems I've looked high and low in my quest to find a solution to my problem re customizing the layout of the module (features.php) file - does anyone know how to make this page (viewed on the initial index.php) page (if this is the right file to edit) look like my site template.

In a round about sort of fashion I'd just like to edit 'whatever file it is' to blend into my other pages layout/design.

I added the contribution 1.5.4 i think! but when i view the features.php (module page) via the index.php page, it just lists the image and the price, however when i type into the url a www.domainName.com/featured_products.php it looks sweet AS I WANT IT TO LOOK......the problem is the index.php viewing of the featured prodcuts page uses modules/features.php (I THINK?) to display/layout of this area - that may sound convoluted SO...

I would like to make my features.php file look like my featured_products.php file - but if just copy it over its says magic quotes already sent or something like that....!

any help would be fricking sweet as im done crying about this and just want it sorting out - so if anyone knows how to do this and feels like playing god for the day - that would be awesome.

thanks in advance

cjmUser

The layout is mainly controlled in your css file. Apply the rules from the featured_products module to the modules/featured.php file to make them look the same.

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend.

Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."

GROUCHO (1895-1977)

The layout is mainly controlled in your css file. Apply the rules from the featured_products module to the modules/featured.php file to make them look the same.

Hi thanks for your reply - how would i do that?

thanks in advance, as i have no idea what to change :)

Edited by cjmuser

:blush:

I have succeded in customizing the Center Index page of Featured Products to not appear at all. Featured products appears in both side panels but the center is just blank. I have gone through the installation four times and see no mistake.

If anyone knows what would do this it would sure help.