• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Looking to edit the home page

koolaidpurse

Hello again,

I Sharon am finding it very hard to edit the home page. I see this there [path to catalog]/includes/languages/english/index.php I have gone to the files and searched for this one. It is not there for me to find. All I seem to find is file from over 2 years back. May I please have some help here. Thanks very much in advance for this.

Sharon > Where are you looking for the file?

How do you know it's 2 years old (has it just started talking!)?

SolarFrenzy

Solar powered gadgets at down to earth prices.

CheekyNaughty

Promoting British Design

Hiya,

You need to edit the index file located in ... wait for it!

Catalog > includes > languages > english (or your language) > index.php

It has to be there!

Regards

Nic

Unless you have a template, then anything can happen.

Sharon > Where are you looking for the file?

How do you know it's 2 years old (has it just started talking!)?

I have my site with ipower.com they changed the building format a few years ago. When I go to the files there are the old ones from the previous site. I would only hope you would be more understanding when someone is stressed out over things as confusing as these are. I would always try to be respectful to others when asking for help. I think your ass to ask me if they are talking. But hay I am the one pissed right now so i'll just let that go. Thanks

I asked you simple questions to try and narrow down what your problem actually is but obviously you don't seem to understand humour either.

Learn to RTFM

Learn to ask 'proper' questions

Learn to read people's responses without being an 'ass'

And learn to paste in these forums properly without the stupid font sizing.

SolarFrenzy

CheekyNaughty

Promoting British Design

If you are getting that mad then you must be close to solving it!

We have all been there its how you learn. You have to understand that we only go on what you say initially so we need to try and narrow it down, and a bit of humor is a good thing here.

what is your URL? it will help for us to look at it and then it may seem clearer.

Regards

Sometimes you're the dog and sometimes the lamp post

[/url]

My Contributions

If you are getting that mad then you must be close to solving it!

We have all been there its how you learn. You have to understand that we only go on what you say initially so we need to try and narrow it down, and a bit of humor is a good thing here.

what is your URL? it will help for us to look at it and then it may seem clearer.

Regards

I can truly understand the humor as well. I have been trying over a few months to get my site to look better. I have gone from site delux to working on another template. Then calling site help leaves me on hold hours at a time to ask for help. I am sleep deprived as a result of all this. My site is very ugly to me and the fact of me not getting the paypal buttons to stop increasing the boxes. I had to try to find another hosting company. Which I am due to renew next month. Now My site is no showing os at this time. It's not done to publish yet. http://www.giftsandbags.com

I thank you for the help. Being that I am not understanding exactly what I am needing here. I am not sure exactly how I should ask the question. So what I can do is this best I can here ok. Thanks for your understanding as well.

This is on the top of my home page. I did get it removed from my site help but it came back some how.

Warning: I am able to write to the configuration file: /home/users/web/b1982/ipw.giftsand/public_html/occommerce/includes/configure.php. This is a potential security risk - please set the right user permissions on this file.

This is on the home page as well. I looked as well as site help for the files that had this. There were nothing there with these words. Error Messages

If there are any error or warning messages shown above, please correct them first before proceeding.

Error messages are displayed at the very top of the page with a complete background color.

Several checks are performed to ensure a healthy setup of your online store - these checks can be disabled by editing the appropriate parameters at the bottom of the includes/application_top.php file.

Editing Page Texts

The text shown here can be modified in the following file, on each language basis:

[path to catalog]/includes/languages/english/index.php

That file can be edited manually, or via the Administration Tool with the Languages->English->Define or Tools->File Manager modules.

The text is set in the following manner:

define('TEXT_MAIN', 'This is a default setup of the osCommerce project...');

The text highlighted in green may be modified - it is important to keep the define() of the TEXT_MAIN keyword. To remove the text for TEXT_MAIN completely, the following example is used where only two single quote characters exist:

define('TEXT_MAIN', '');

More information concerning the PHP define() function can be read here.

Securing The Administration Tool

It is important to secure the Administration Tool as there is currently no security implementation available.

Online Documentation

Online documentation can be read at the osCommerce Knowledge Base site.

Community support is available at the osCommerce Community Support Forums site.

If you wish to download the solution powering this shop, or if you wish to contribute to the osCommerce project, please visit the support site of osCommerce. This shop is running on osCommerce version osCommerce 2.2-MS2.

Thanks for the help I am truly getting tired of asking questions every where/ Is there a posible number I can call to speak live with someone from oscommerce help desk? Thanks so much

I asked you simple questions to try and narrow down what your problem actually is but obviously you don't seem to understand humour either.

Learn to RTFM

Learn to ask 'proper' questions

Learn to read people's responses without being an 'ass'

And learn to paste in these forums properly without the stupid font sizing.

I must have missed where it would have started talking. That may be where I went wrong. Over all I am doing what I can to get help and thank you for the laugh. When this stupid site of mine is finally done. I might come back and laugh at it. For now i'll just copy and paste this to my other forum and hope they can find the humor in this. Thanks for the wonderful help. I don't know what I would do without it. Have a blessed day

Sharon ... have you got children or do you know anyone with a 2 year old? Around that time they start talking and most people call their OSC store their 'baby'.

Leave your site alone, get some sleep and look at it with fresh eyes tomorrow.

SolarFrenzy

CheekyNaughty

Promoting British Design

Hiya,

You need to edit the index file located in ... wait for it!

Catalog > includes > languages > english (or your language) > index.php

It has to be there!

Regards

Nic

There is no file here that looks like this Thanks very much

File Manager

/home/users/web/b1982/ipw.giftsand/public_html/occommerce//admin

Name Size Permissions User Group Last Modified Action

Previous Level .. drwxr-xr-x ipw.giftsand www 03/22/2008 15:29:42

Folder images drwxr-xr-x ipw.giftsand www 08/17/2006 17:48:16 Delete Info

Folder includes drwxr-xr-x ipw.giftsand www 12/01/2006 08:06:31 Delete Info

Download .htaccess 1,006 bytes -rw-r--r-- ipw.giftsand www 03/27/2006 12:49:35 Delete Info

Download backup.php 23,016 bytes -rw-r--r-- ipw.giftsand www 03/27/2006 12:49:35 Delete Info

Download banner_manager.php 26,514 bytes -rw-r--r-- ipw.giftsand www 03/27/2006 12:49:35 Delete Info

Download banner_statistics.php 7,598 bytes -rw-r--r-- ipw.giftsand www 03/27/2006 12:49:35 Delete Info

Download cache.php 4,906 bytes -rw-r--r-- ipw.giftsand www 03/27/2006 12:49:35 Delete Info

Download categories.php 62,580 bytes -rw-r--r-- ipw.giftsand www 03/27/2006 12:49:35 Delete Info

Download configuration.php 8,893 bytes -rw-r--r-- ipw.giftsand www 03/27/2006 12:49:35 Delete Info

Download countries.php 12,619 bytes -rw-r--r-- ipw.giftsand www 03/27/2006 12:49:35 Delete Info

Download currencies.php 17,874 bytes -rw-r--r-- ipw.giftsand www 03/27/2006 12:49:35 Delete Info

Download customers.php 37,618 bytes -rw-r--r-- ipw.giftsand www 03/27/2006 12:49:35 Delete Info

Download define_language.php 7,878 bytes -rw-r--r-- ipw.giftsand www 03/27/2006 12:49:35 Delete Info

Download file_manager.php 19,031 bytes -rw-r--r-- ipw.giftsand www 03/27/2006 12:49:35 Delete Info

Download geo_zones.php 24,473 bytes -rw-r--r-- ipw.giftsand www 03/27/2006 12:49:35 Delete Info

Download index.php 14,349 bytes -rw-r--r-- ipw.giftsand www 08/16/2006 19:06:35 Delete Info

Download invoice.php 7,205 bytes -rw-r--r-- ipw.giftsand www 03/27/2006 12:49:35 Delete Info

Download languages.php 19,236 bytes -rw-r--r-- ipw.giftsand www 03/27/2006 12:49:35 Delete Info

Download mail.php 9,792 bytes -rw-r--r-- ipw.giftsand www 03/27/2006 12:49:35 Delete Info

Download manufacturers.php 15,861 bytes -rw-r--r-- ipw.giftsand www 03/27/2006 12:49:35 Delete Info

Download modules.php 13,084 bytes -rw-r--r-- ipw.giftsand www 03/27/2006 12:49:35 Delete Info

Download newsletters.php 21,341 bytes -rw-r--r-- ipw.giftsand www 03/27/2006 12:49:35 Delete Info

Download orders.php 27,415 bytes -rw-r--r-- ipw.giftsand www 03/27/2006 12:49:35 Delete Info

Download orders_status.php 14,549 bytes -rw-r--r-- ipw.giftsand www 03/27/2006 12:49:35 Delete Info

Download packingslip.php 4,694 bytes -rw-r--r-- ipw.giftsand www 03/27/2006 12:49:35 Delete Info

Download popup_image.php 1,483 bytes -rw-r--r-- ipw.giftsand www 03/27/2006 12:49:35 Delete Info

Download products_attributes.php 52,747 bytes -rw-r--r-- ipw.giftsand www 03/27/2006 12:49:35 Delete Info

Download products_expected.php 6,435 bytes -rw-r--r-- ipw.giftsand www 03/27/2006 12:49:35 Delete Info

Download reviews.php 18,840 bytes -rw-r--r-- ipw.giftsand www 03/27/2006 12:49:35 Delete Info

Download server_info.php 5,345 bytes -rw-r--r-- ipw.giftsand www 03/27/2006 12:49:35 Delete Info

Download specials.php 18,236 bytes -rw-r--r-- ipw.giftsand www 03/27/2006 12:49:35 Delete Info

Download stats_customers.php 5,171 bytes -rw-r--r-- ipw.giftsand www 03/27/2006 12:49:35 Delete Info

Download stats_products_purchased.php 5,002 bytes -rw-r--r-- ipw.giftsand www 03/27/2006 12:49:35 Delete Info

Download stats_products_viewed.php 4,964 bytes -rw-r--r-- ipw.giftsand www 03/27/2006 12:49:35 Delete Info

Download tax_classes.php 11,045 bytes -rw-r--r-- ipw.giftsand www 03/27/2006 12:49:35 Delete Info

Download tax_rates.php 13,288 bytes -rw-r--r-- ipw.giftsand www 03/27/2006 12:49:35 Delete Info

Download whos_online.php 9,032 bytes -rw-r--r-- ipw.giftsand www 03/27/2006 12:49:35 Delete Info

Download zones.php 11,376 bytes -rw-r--r-- ipw.giftsand www 03/27/2006 12:49:35 Delete Info

Reset Upload New File New Folder

Filename: ..

Thanks for the help. I am going to see about caling osc on the phone this is too much.

"/public_html/occommerce//admin" huh? do you mean: /public_html/oscommerce/admin ?

You need to check that the main osc folder is oscommerce and not occommerce, check your config files for the double // (before admin

Change your admin folder to something more unknown (and update the config files to match)

The file you are looking for will be, going by what you have posted above:

/public_html/occommerce//includes/languages/english/index.php - If it isn't there you either haven't uploaded all the relevant file sor you are using a template.

Either way GET SOME SLEEP AND WORRY ABOUT TOMORROW!

Oh ... and BTW - There is no phone number for OSC, it's open source software built and developed by everyone (or am I the only one never to be invited to the OSC global headquarters?).

SolarFrenzy

CheekyNaughty

Promoting British Design

"/public_html/occommerce//admin" huh? do you mean: /public_html/oscommerce/admin ?

You need to check that the main osc folder is oscommerce and not occommerce, check your config files for the double // (before admin

Change your admin folder to something more unknown (and update the config files to match)

/public_html/occommerce//includes/languages/english/index.php - If it isn't there you either haven't uploaded all the relevant file sor you are using a template.

Oh ... and BTW - There is no phone number for OSC, it's open source software built and developed by everyone (or am I the only one never to be invited to the OSC global headquarters?).

occommerce now there is something with that on my site. I have found some links to read on this site. I will try to get this done. I am not able to sleep so that won't be a problem. I will be up for the nicht. Thanks very much for the help. I have to now find somewhere to learn computer language. I may have found someone to just do it for me as well. Thanks very much.

I forgot the file is not occommerce,as it is above. I am not sure how it got that way.

Thanks very much I am going there a sap.

Exceuse in ignorance I am not grasping the computer terms here. Is there anything that I can see where they have someone talking and going step by step. Reading it is getting me no where becasue I have no clue what is being talked about. I found the style sheet but know nothing about what I am reading inside it. Thanks a bunch

Archived