• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Default Theme

lwilliams114

How DO I change the default theme? I see a few other themes but I am unsure about trying them as I don't want to mess up the site and not know how to put it back.

Thanks

Lynn

Lynn,

OsCommerce does not come "out of the box" with an exchangeable theme system or template system. If you want that feature, you would need to install the Simple Template System contribution. STS would allow you to use any template available on the web (not just osCommerce templates) or to create your own custom template.

If you would rather purcahse an osCommerce template, keep in mind that it effects the majority of your store's code, it isn't just a stylesheet change. With that said, you should backup your existing store and database before beginning such a project. A purchased template should come with its own installation instructions for you to follow. Sorry, but you will not find any support in this forum for a purchased template.

I have created a step by step on how to use STS with a purchased osC template if you are interested:

How to use/install a purchased osCommerce template and integrate it with STS

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...p;#entry1131089

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

Archived