osCommerce

The e-commerce.

EasyPopulate 2.2 released!

wasson65

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am getting a situation where easy populate is putting products into categories where there is no reference to that product going into that category in the spreadsheet.

Can you send me your file? Did the category already exist, or did EP create it and put the product into it?

Tim

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /var/tmp/phpwg8IeU

User filename: EP1040391046.txt

Size: 5306

| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |

No products_model field in record. This line was not imported

Thats all!

this is what iam getting when i downloaded and uploaded the txt file, i did not make any changes. any help will be apperciated.

oh i am using ep 2.2

thanx

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /var/tmp/phpwg8IeU

User filename: EP1040391046.txt

Size: 5306

| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |

No products_model field in record. This line was not imported

Thats all!

this is what iam getting when i downloaded and uploaded the txt file, i did not make any changes. any help will be apperciated.

oh i am using ep 2.2

thanx

This is strange. Can you send me the file and I'll take a look at it sometime today. [email protected]

You're not on a mac platform, are you?

Tim

Ok. I try the fresh CVS files from elary SF.net tree .

Because my problem described in a previous post occured again, I tried to found the exact location of this problem.

First, I will describe my OSC language settings.

The only one language of my OSC is Romanian with languages_id = 4 in the languages table.

I think the all problems occure from this portion of code (line 193):

$l=1;

foreach ($langcode as $key => $lang){

$filelayout = tep_array_merge($filelayout , array(

'v_products_name_'.$l => $iii++,

'v_products_description_'.$l => $iii++,

));

$l++;

}

This script make a column header for products name and description for each language. I have just one language with id = 4;

But this script set just one column header for product name (corect because I have one language) - the problem is that, because of $l=1; (variable declaration), the p.name column header have the index = 1 . I reminde you that mai lang id = 4 .

Later, the script will try to write the name of the product from the csv file in the lang id = 1 product name. This row doesn't exist in my tables. I have only lang id = 4 product name.

Finally, the script faill....

The fix ....

If I find I'll let you know...

Ok. I try the fresh CVS files from elary SF.net tree .

Because my problem described in a previous post occured again, I tried to found the exact location of this problem.

First, I will describe my OSC language settings.

The only one language of my OSC is Romanian with languages_id = 4 in the languages table.

I think the all problems occure from this portion of code (line 193):

$l=1;

foreach ($langcode as $key => $lang){

$filelayout = tep_array_merge($filelayout , array(

'v_products_name_'.$l => $iii++,

'v_products_description_'.$l => $iii++,

));

$l++;

}

This script make a column header for products name and description for each language. I have just one language with id = 4;

But this script set just one column header for product name (corect because I have one language) - the problem is that, because of $l=1; (variable declaration), the p.name column header have the index = 1 . I reminde you that mai lang id = 4 .

Later, the script will try to write the name of the product from the csv file in the lang id = 1 product name. This row doesn't exist in my tables. I have only lang id = 4 product name.

Finally, the script faill....

The fix ....

If I find I'll let you know...

I've got a 2.3 version that I'm planning on releasing this weekend that should fix this problem. Can you PM me your email address, and I'll send you the new file, and then you can see if it is fixed in 2.3 or not.

Tim

on monday mornig i will rework on language for ep

i will change to include the language_id instead of absolute index or maybe language code _en , _es, _de, _fr and so

did smby tried the import/export price with/without tax ?

I thik it is a very good ideea to use language_id or code intead of absolute index.

I tested the v. 2.3 from Tim. Because I don't know if he received my pm, I want to report a problem of 2.3.

In the downloaded .txt files all prices is 0.

Thank you.

P.S. - I dont have multiprices mod installed.

Thank you,

OK, 2.3 is released into the wild. As far as I can tell it fixes the beta's problems: multi-languages and $0 prices.

Thanks to these sponsors - their financial support made this release possible!

Support for more than one output file format with variable numbers of columns

Sponsored by Ted Joffs

Support for Multiple Price per Product mod

Sponsored by Alan Pace

Support for Linda's Header Controller v2.0

Sponsored by Stewart MacKenzie

Other Fixes include:

Removed quotes around all the fields on export.

Added configuration variable so you can turn off the qoutes -> control codes replacement

Merged Elari's changes to not hardcode language id's

You can get it here:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,500

Enjoy!

Tim

I'm troubleshooting this EP problem right now, and will for sure have a release out today.  If it kills me.  If I gotta stay up all night.  Whatever it takes!  All for one and one for all!

OK, I'm going back to work on it now....

Tim

uh huh thats what you said like a week ago :)

hehe oh well i guess the longer we wait the better it will be!

I'm troubleshooting this EP problem right now, and will for sure have a release out today. If it kills me. If I gotta stay up all night. Whatever it takes! All for one and one for all!

OK, I'm going back to work on it now....

Tim

uh huh thats what you said like a week ago :)

hehe oh well i guess the longer we wait the better it will be!

-For immediate release-

-- December 26th, Hollister, California, USA --

Much to the chagrin of critics world-wide, Tim Wasson released EasyPopulate 2.31 today, a bugfix release of the much-anticipated 2.3 release. The bug was causing non-english OSC sites to not have the product_name and product_description fields populated properly.

When asked about the sluggish, snail-like rate of progress typical of most of his projects, EP author and maintainer Tim Wasson said: "While many think that 2.3 was like the Tomorrow song from Annie - 'Always a day away', I think my performance with the 2.31 bugfix release, especially around the holidays, underscores my commitment to this software and qualifies me to continue to be the lead maintainer as we go into 2003."

Fellow OSCer Elari commented "I don't know what took him so long, I've had that fix in my CVS for a month....".

Others didn't give Wasson any more slack. Said fantomen: "I hope it's better than the last stuff he released, because that was junk... Sure, he promises great things, but have you ever tried to get his stuff working? Yeah, right!"

While Bill Gates was unavailable for comment, a Micro$oft spokesperson said "Our position remains the same: Since Mr. Wasson's code is only available under the GPL, he's not being a good player in the software ecosystem. See, he's supposed to be the prey, and we're supposed to be the predator. That's the way it's supposed to work. The cancerous, Pac-man like GPL is just hurting that ecosystem!"

8-)

-- A belated Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all my friends here!

Tim

Note: The preceeding was a joke. 2.31 really does exist, but nobody really said those things.

• 2 weeks later...
Where can I find the Multiple Prive Per Product Mod?

That sounds very helpful. If nothing else, I'd like to add fields to the database.

-Dave

:lol:

Sorry, I had the name of the contrib wrong -

It's actually the

Separate Price per Customer contrib, and it's available here:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...ions,716/page,8

The net result is the same, you can set retail/wholesale/whatever pricing for a group of customers and put customers into specific groups

Tim

Thanks bud!

By the way Smithers, great contribution! I love how flexible it is and adding in extra fields to import and export was easy. I already added in the big image hack without a hitch. :wink:

Just a suggestion for the future... to accomodate as many DBs and Mods as possible, maybe it could automatically determine the number of fields in the product database and let you choose which ones to manipulate. Not a big deal for me though.

Thanks again!

-Dave

:whaasup:

Thanks bud!

By the way Smithers, great contribution! I love how flexible it is and adding in extra fields to import and export was easy. I already added in the big image hack without a hitch. :wink:

Just a suggestion for the future... to accomodate as many DBs and Mods as possible, maybe it could automatically determine the number of fields in the product database and let you choose which ones to manipulate. Not a big deal for me though.

Thanks again!

-Dave

:whaasup:

Glad you like it! It would be nice to read the db fields and ues whatever's there. Right now it's not bad, but trying to support all the different mods out there can quickly get tough.

Tim

• 5 months later...

HI guys,

After reading all the post i am a bit confussed here, i would like to know how easy populate can read new fields in the database, as i have added some new fields and would like to import/export them aswell.

any ideas

thanks

I've been contemplating this for a long time, dreading the challenge for my limited PHP ability. But I came across the thread which posts this file as an example:

http://www.frozenlightning.com/oscforums/e...populatemod.zip

I had to stumble through a few things, but it was quite easy once I got the hang of it. I added the 9 fields for Linda's Quantity Controller for Quantity Discounts. A good way to start (after backing up, of course) is to do a search/replace for a field you may not use, such as the 7th category field. Change it to products_new_field or whatever. Make sure you check out both the v_fieldname (unique to easy populate) and the p.fieldname (which interfaces with the SQL database).

If you want me to e-mail you my example file, which now has several modifications, let me know and I'll be glad to do so.

Regards,

Kevin

• 1 year later...

I'm using Easy populate and I've just added the Products Extra Fields Contribution to my store, I was wondering if anyone had got easy populate to work with this contribution for adding new fields via the admin.???