• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Zencart download vs. osc download

coolbeansdude51

Hello forum!

Currently I am running Zencart ... I hate how it handles downloads ... I run a online music store and I have about 200 separate files with 15 different artists. With Zencart its all in 1 massive directory ...

Does OSC do the same thing or can I have sub directories?

Also any other info on the differences between the two would be greatly beneficial!

Thanks so much,

Coolbeansdude51

• 6 months later...

I sure hope someone answers this question, because I am in the process of doing my online store / shopping cart and would like to sell automatic downloadable "original" music. Please someone ... HELP.

Hello forum!

Currently I am running Zencart ... I hate how it handles downloads ... I run a online music store and I have about 200 separate files with 15 different artists. With Zencart its all in 1 massive directory ...

Does OSC do the same thing or can I have sub directories?

Also any other info on the differences between the two would be greatly beneficial!

Thanks so much,

Coolbeansdude51

yes you can.. when you add the SUPER DOWNLOAD STORE contribution, you put your downloads int eh downloads folder, and you can have sub folders - you just need to give it thefile path when you enter the file name.. so instead of music.mp3 it would be /artist/music.mp3

A great place for newbies to start

Road Map to oscommerce File Structure

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

Proud Memeber of the CODE BREAKERS CLUB!!

Archived