• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Backup directory is not writeable

ryana2

HI

I recently password protected the admin folder of my shop. But now in the tools section (of the admin) i get the following error:

Error: Backup directory is not writeable.

Does anyone know what I can do?

I haven't tried to back up....I'm not sure if I should!

Kind Regards,

Aoife

chmod the Backup directory to 777 via ftp client

Please read this line: Do you want to find all the answers to your questions? click here. As for contribution database it's located here!

8 people out of 10 don't bother to read installation manuals. I can recommend: if you can't read the installation manual, don't bother to install any contribution yourself.

Before installing contribution or editing/updating/deleting any files, do the full backup, it will save to you & everyone here on the forum time to fix your issues.

Any issues with oscommerce, I am here to help you.

chmod the Backup directory to 777 via ftp client

Cheers!

I have another question. I have two admin folders for some reason?? I have one at the same level as my catalog. This is where I found the back ups folder right? But I also have one when I click into catalog....is this right? Should I have two?

Cheers!

I have another question. I have two admin folders for some reason?? I have one at the same level as my catalog. This is where I found the back ups folder right? But I also have one when I click into catalog....is this right? Should I have two?

You have a dodgy template?

You have a dodgy template?

I've never used an oscommerce template - so I don't think so.

You think its possible for me to make a back up of this folder (the second one), delete it and see if anything happens? Sure if all hell breaks out, I could just re-upload it?

I've never used an oscommerce template - so I don't think so.

You think its possible for me to make a back up of this folder (the second one), delete it and see if anything happens? Sure if all hell breaks out, I could just re-upload it?

Just asking. Did you move the "catalog" directory?

Either admin folder could be the correct one. Have a look in both the admins include/configure.php files and see if one looks wrong for its location.

Just asking. Did you move the "catalog" directory?

Either admin folder could be the correct one. Have a look in both the admins include/configure.php files and see if one looks wrong for its location.

hi Coopco,

no i never moved it, at least I don't THINK i did!

Anyway the only thing I think is that my host offers Oscommerce in the CP area. However I never noticed this until I had uploaded oscommerce myself (through the FTP)...i'm wondering if its something to do with this?

Anyway I don't think it actually affects my site at all...its just something I'm always wondering about.

THanks for your help.

aoife

hi Coopco,

no i never moved it, at least I don't THINK i did!

Anyway the only thing I think is that my host offers Oscommerce in the CP area. However I never noticed this until I had uploaded oscommerce myself (through the FTP)...i'm wondering if its something to do with this?

Anyway I don't think it actually affects my site at all...its just something I'm always wondering about.

THanks for your help.

aoife

If you uploaded it yourself, the default is catalog/admin, so you could rename the other via your web hosts control panel file manager and see if the site is ok.

Archived