• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] U HTML Emails

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi, I just installed this on my 2.3.1 cart and I do not see "E-Mail Options"->"Html Email Layout" in the Admin. The confirmations emails get sent with the green template but I am not able to choose anything in the admin?

Not sure what's wrong????

Not sure if I need the admin option, however I need it to work in swedish as well, I made a copy of all the english files files and called them swedish. Everything works until I get to checkout_process.php I get a blank page? Right now in checkout_process.php I have

//--- Beginning of addition: Ultimate HTML Emails ---//

if (EMAIL_USE_HTML == 'true') {

require(DIR_WS_MODULES . 'UHtmlEmails/Green/checkout_process.php');

$email_order = $html_email;

}else{//Send text email

//--- End of addition: Ultimate HTML Emails ---//

Not sure how to solve this?

• 1 month later...

Hello all together,

i have installed and set up a good looking Order E-Mail Layout for my shop.

But, we became i the Conditions into that e-mail too, when sending the order e-mail?

i use osc 2.3.2

and Ultimate HTML Emails v2.1-2.3

I hope anyone have a solution for my problem.

regards

Hobbes

Edited by HobbesBS

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi,

could anyone tell me if they have this addon working with version 2.3.3 ?

I am currently using 2.3.3 and would like to implement HTML emails for customers.

Many thanks.

Kezza

Currently running version 2.3.3

Addons installed in order

1 UK Quick Localisation, 2 Stock for Shop, 3 UK Royal Mail & Overseas Shipping Methods 21st Aug Prices, 4 myHermes Shipping Rates

5 Quickly Update Product Stock, 6 Ultimate SEO URLs – INSTALLED, 7 Google XML Sitemap w/ Admin, 8 SysCheck, 9 Secure your site with an IP trap, 10 Sam's Anti-hacker Account Mods, 11 Spiders txt, 12 Google Analytics, 13 Monthly Sales/Tax Report for 2.3.1

Addons installed

Add New Page – About Us, Admin Notes 2.5, Admin SpiffyCal v3.34, Discount Coupon Codes 3.34 for osc 2.31, Google Base / Froogle Data Feeder v1.00, Google Breadcrumb, Google Feed Account Setup, Install the Discount Coupon order total module, Keyword Search Report v.1.7 for 2.3, KissMT Dynamic SEO Meta & Canonical Header Tags, Multiple dropdown configuration, Product Attributes Tabs, Product Cycle Slideshow Box, Recover Cart Sales V2.23d, SiteMonitor, Tag Cloud, Theme Switcher, Total Configuration, Tracking Module 2.3 - Royal Mail, Tracking Module for 2.3, Updated spiders.txt

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there

I have this add on installed and working fine on OSC 2.2 however I need to add some extra items to the checkout_process email namely the total shipping weight. I need the email to show the combined shipping weight (plus any packing weights) on the email? any suggestions?

• 2 weeks later...

@@Duroniel I'm using 2.3.1 and this is what my code looks like for that (around line 70 of the UHTMLemails/checkout_process.php):

<a href="' . HTTP_SERVER . DIR_WS_CATALOG . '" style="text-decoration:none; color:#141d2b;font-family:Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif;font-size:1.875em;">' . tep_image(HTTP_SERVER . DIR_WS_CATALOG . DIR_WS_IMAGES.'store_logo.png', STORE_NAME, '', '', '') . 'Some text goes here</a>

@@RickyGraham Find a page in the checkout flow that displays this information, and then look in the code for the variables called. Succinctly, you can call those variables within the HTML email and display them however you like.

I'm posting because I found the problem with PayPal IPN. Again, I'm using 2.3.1. Here's the relevant code from the checkout_process.php:

require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/modules/UHtmlEmails/Standard/checkout_process.php');

The issue seems to be that this variable is empty when coming from PayPal IPN, so it's giving a weird path like

/includes/languages//modules/etc...

rather than

/includes/languages/english(or whatever)/modules/etc...

and throwing a HTTP 500 error in my local development environment.

I've patched the problem like this:

if (empty($language)) $language = 'english';
/* effectively defaults to 'english' in order to prevent errors with Paypal Standard IPN*/
/* TODO: figure out why PayPal Standard IPN is clearing this and $sess_discount_id before the email is sent */
require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/modules/UHtmlEmails/Standard/checkout_process.php');

If anyone has any ideas about why $language might be empty only when coming from the PayPal IPN, please let me know. It's also affecting some other variables that I've inserted into the email (to modify item cost reflecting discount codes used, etc.).

Hope this was helpful.

• 4 months later...

Hi, I am using Ultimate Html Emails v2.1-2.3 for oSc 2.3.1.

My Tell a Friend e-mail has no subject.

How can I fix this?

Thanks in advance,

Andrej

Just to save everybody a few hours. I'm using 2.3.3. If you can't get the email subject line to work using Ultimate Html Emails v2.1-2.3 for oSc 2.3.1. Then just change this bit in catalog/tell_a_friend.php:

//---  Beginning of addition: Ultimate HTML Emails  ---//
require(DIR_WS_MODULES . 'UHtmlEmails/Green/tell_a_friend.php');
       $email_subject = sprintf(TEXT_EMAIL_SUBJECT, $from_name, STORE_NAME);
$email_body = $html_email;
}else{//Send text email
//---  End of addition: Ultimate HTML Emails  ---//
     $email_body = sprintf(TEXT_EMAIL_INTRO, $to_name, $from_name, $product_info['products_name'], STORE_NAME) . "\n\n";

if (tep_not_null($message)) {
       $email_body .= $message . "\n\n";
     }

Lorraine

• 2 months later...

hi there:

Well it looks like I am the only one with this question.

The files I need to modify like checkout_process.php are a bunch of define statements, Where do I insert the code?

Help please

Anyone ever figure this out since this post in May 2011? I don't see an answer. I'm trying to install this contrib and have the same issue. There is nothing in my checkout_process.php but define statements, so I don't know where the code should go. Thanks

Anyone ever figure this out since this post in May 2011? I don't see an answer. I'm trying to install this contrib and have the same issue. There is nothing in my checkout_process.php but define statements, so I don't know where the code should go. Thanks

I haven't looked at this contribution in quite awhile but you also have a checkout_process.php file in your main catalog directory....the instructions are likely referring to that file and not the checkout_process.php file in the language directory.

Dan

• 1 month later...

AAARgbh why do things have to be so difficult? I installed this and I can't figure out for the life of me how to send an HTML email. There are no options in OSCOMMERCE, I cant cut and paste, I cant find anywhere to install HTML files................... anybody give me a clue I would appreciate it thanks. Friggin impossible and there aren't any instructions that come with it. What does GREEN files meaN? I've made a newletter in Microsoft Publisher, but I have no idea how to get in into OS commerce.

Edited by Dizzycajun

@@Dizzycajun

Sounds like you have the wrong contribution....are you looking for a newsletter manager?....here is what this contribution does...

It will replace the standard emails with emails that have more advanced layout and design. The contribution allows you to have different "html email layouts" installed at the same time. New layouts can easily be created and installed. You can easily change between the different "html email layouts" from a dropdown menu, "E-Mail Options"->"Html Email Layout", in the admin panel.

Dan

• 4 months later...

I have a question I can't seem to find a solution for. I'm trying to change the subject of the email for creating an account. I edited UHE_SUBJECT,

define('UHE_SUBJECT', 'Thanks for Creating your Account!');

But, it is still displaying the store name in the email sent rather that the text I entered. It there another place I have to edit this?

Thanks!

• 7 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Hi all,

I tried to install Ultimate email to Paypal Standard.

I copied the following part in paypal_standard.php under module

After: // lets start with the email confirmation

//---  Beginning of addition: Ultimate HTML Emails  ---//
 require(DIR_WS_MODULES . 'UHtmlEmails/Green/checkout_process.php');
 $email_order = $html_email;
}else{//Send text email
//---  End of addition: Ultimate HTML Emails  ---//

AND

Before:       tep_mail($order->customer['firstname'] . ' ' . $order->customer['lastname'], $order->customer['email_address'], EMAIL_TEXT_SUBJECT, $email_order, STORE_OWNER, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS);

//---  Beginning of addition: Ultimate HTML Emails  ---//
}

if(ULTIMATE_HTML_EMAIL_DEVELOPMENT_MODE === 'true'){
 //Save the contents of the generated html email to the harddrive in .htm file. This can be practical when developing a new layout.
 $TheFileName = 'Last_mail_from_checkout_process.php.htm';
 $TheFileHandle = fopen($TheFileName, 'w') or die("can't open error log file");
 fwrite($TheFileHandle, $email_order);
 fclose($TheFileHandle);
}
//---  End of addition: Ultimate HTML Emails  ---//

The after paying in Paypal and rediction to the shop, I receive a blank window in IE. I was redicted to shopping_process. I assume, that I need to check in my Paypal account isn'it? I do not receive a confirmation mail too, after this error.

Thanks for your support

• 5 years later...

Hi, we have problems with the module Utmlemails and Paypal Express, our shop Oscommerce 2.3, sudently we get the emails and in the admin panel with bad characters like this:

Iñaki Barahona
Pasáje Riu Francoli

We are crazy with this error, can someone help us, we are desperated?