• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Chaning Domain Name

ryana2

Hi All

i currently have an oscommerce site up and running and I'm happy enough with it.

The only thing is that my shop's name will be changing soon (we have an actual high stree shop too).

How will i go about moving my oscommerce over to my new domain name.

I've already bought my new domain, which is fine.

Is it literally just a case of dragging over all the files and putting them in the folder for my new domain? Or is everything linked to my old domain.

my shop is currently called intunemusic.ie and i will soon be taking on the name Everest Music. This site is currently hosted at everestmusic.com

I basically want to take my oscommerce shop and put it up with Everest Music (i'll obviously have a few logo, name things to change, but thats just cosmetic and not worrying me too much). ... i just don't have a clue how the whole shop can be 'transferred'??

Anyone any experience with this??

Aoife

Hi All

i currently have an oscommerce site up and running and I'm happy enough with it.

The only thing is that my shop's name will be changing soon (we have an actual high stree shop too).

How will i go about moving my oscommerce over to my new domain name.

I've already bought my new domain, which is fine.

Is it literally just a case of dragging over all the files and putting them in the folder for my new domain? Or is everything linked to my old domain.

my shop is currently called intunemusic.ie and i will soon be taking on the name Everest Music. This site is currently hosted at everestmusic.com

I basically want to take my oscommerce shop and put it up with Everest Music (i'll obviously have a few logo, name things to change, but thats just cosmetic and not worrying me too much). ... i just don't have a clue how the whole shop can be 'transferred'??

Anyone any experience with this??

Aoife

You dont have to make it so difficult !

If you have been trading online with this store, then some people will already be familiar with your domain name.

I would advise that you leave your current domain name as it is ( for now at least ) so that your existing customers still find you, and have your new domain name pointing to your current one - so for example when somebody types www.everestmusic.ie into there browser, they are taken to intunemusic.ie .

Have your new domain name show at the top of your site

You dont have to make it so difficult !

If you have been trading online with this store, then some people will already be familiar with your domain name.

I would advise that you leave your current domain name as it is ( for now at least ) so that your existing customers still find you, and have your new domain name pointing to your current one - so for example when somebody types www.everestmusic.ie into there browser, they are taken to intunemusic.ie .

Have your new domain name show at the top of your site

yeah i like the idea of keeping it where it is!

But how do i have it so that when someone types in everestmusic.com they are redirected to www.intunemusic.ie but the browser bar reads everestmusic.com?

yeah i like the idea of keeping it where it is!

But how do i have it so that when someone types in everestmusic.com they are redirected to www.intunemusic.ie but the browser bar reads everestmusic.com?

For the first part, you need to contact the company who have your domain name, they will advise on how you can point your new domain to the existing website

The second part of your question is not so easy

It might be an idea to include your new domain name in your websites title

<title>Welcome to Everest Music - www.everestmusic.ie </title>

That would be one option

steps:

1)Upload the whole coe to the new location.

2)Uplaod data base

2)Change configure.php

If Your code has follwed all oscommerce std thats all YOu will have to do.

Satish

Ask/Skype for Free osCommerce value addon/SEO suggestion tips for your site.

Check My About US For who am I and what My company does.

Archived