osCommerce

The e-commerce.

CUSTOM COMPUTER CREATOR 7 RELEASED

sw45859

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well guys the release is just about upon us, i have sent one test version to be looked at and i am going to fiddle through it and see if i can find some issues, to let everyone know beforehand, there is not a readme.txt in this release, i have made it a readme.htm and it includes javascript so you may want to enable your javascript so you can get all the directions for installing this contribution. tell you some of the features that stand out in this one:

1.the ability to add and remove as many options as you want (ex. motherboard, processor, firewire).

2.there are now prebuilt systems in this version.

3.all invoice and order details now include information about the build.

4.support for templates for the description of a prebuilt pc.

5.add and remove seperate products instead of full categories.

6.edit select information about products added to the creator.

7.NO more pictures in the configuration area (sorry but it makes it faster).

8.multiple bus speeds (easlily add more in later releases).

9.ablilty to see prebuilt systems waiting to be built.

10.thats all that really stands out.

hope i got you excited now, this version has been 6 months in the making, i know i am excited about seeing what you guys think.

till later,

Stephen

Looking excellent and masses of hard work has gone in here.

This is a mod EVERYONE should look to donate to, as Stephen has put in some very hard work. I hope people do...

(That isnt a plug cos I know him, I just appreciate hard work and this is one big mod that literally 1000's of people and companies will find sooooo useful!)

oh and i thought of a number 10,

10. doesn't have to be used for only computers.

there are so many configurations that can be done with this, you guys are probably going to love it. waiting on word back from a few people and then it should be released.

Just a quickie before I launch into installing this great contribution.

1 - for adding products etc can I do this from the admin section of OSC or do I have to dabble in the sql database? (I have just got my head around php and don't really want to 'learn' sql for now if I don't have to!)

2 - Is it possible to have multiple instances of ccc for different (and seperate) computer configurations?

eg - CCC A - for standard pc's

CCC B - for mini-itx pc

Thanks for your help and the excellent work on the CCC.

TIA

Steve

you can add all products from ccc, and one thing for everyone who puts this in, if you are starting fresh, i really hope you are (not to be mean) but it will take a while to populate the database due to all the options i have included in it. as for seperate instances, i am sure you can set up the prebuilt systems for that, i have a way that i will be releaseing in the next version that allows for custom bus speeds for expandability, and that will more than likely be the way to go for you when i get it done.

Hey Stephen,

Truly an awesome addon to OSC! Just one thing - the queries/sql doesn't seem to be complete or is it? It ends at `fsb_400` char(1) NOT NULL and I've looked in the source for the readme file as well to make sure it wasn't just a browser rendering issue.

Talking about browser issues, has anyone tested this on the Linux versions of mozilla?

I recall that there was a problem with the calculations etc coming up with undefined errors.

Edited by HGIC

Hi stephen!

Great work you have done!

Just a quick few questions:

I installed per your instructions off the Readme on your website [http://www.snjcomputers.com/admin/ccc/READ...Directions).htm]

However, when I click on the Custom computer link in my admin I get an error: page not found.

I then went and add this in my admin/includes/filenames.php:

// CCC
 define('FILENAME_CCC', 'ccc.php');

and the page became available!

It seems that there may be other files that also need defining e.g. add_more.php , ccc_add.php , edit_prod.php etc (basically all the files that go into the admin/ folder) Is this the case?

Am I correct in assuming that we should merge the install instructions that you have provided with those of previous releases of CCC?

I am also still unclear as to how CCC is viewed on the customer side?

Again thank you for your great mod and support!

Regards

Jiten

Hi Stephen!

Cheers mate I also needed to define add_more.php - so I ended up defining the lot of them!

Other things that I had to do was to copy the table_template.php files to the admin directory as well. This was because when I went to catalog/build.php I was getting an error.

I also "borrowed images" from your site - namely x.gif & checkmark.gif as well as the template images and the FSB images! Is that ok with you Stephen?

If you want I can help with logging all changes that may be needed to be made as well as images etc that may be needed.

I have added a link to the catalog/ccc.php file in my categories box and included a button in my header.

Here is how I added the link in categories box:

STEP 1:

edit catalog/includes/boxes/categories.php

FIND the last instance of

new infoBox($info_box_contents);

Before the last instance of the above ADD:

$info_box_contents[] = array('align' => 'center',
                              'text'  => '<font size=-2><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CCC, '', 'NONSSL') . '">' . BOX_INFORMATION_CCC . '</a></font>');

STEP 2: We are now going to define BOX_INFORMATION_CCC in the languages file.

Open catalog/includes/languages/english.php

Add before last "?>" the following:

// BOF CCC
define('BOX_INFORMATION_CCC', 'Build a PC!');
// EOF CCC

Note: "Build a PC!" can be changed as you wish!

STEP 3:

open catalog/includes/filenames.php and add before the last "?>" the following:

// BOF CCC
 define('FILENAME_CCC', 'ccc.php');
 define('FILENAME_BUILD', 'build.php');
// EOF CCC

That should do it! You will now have a link from your categories box to the Custom Computer creation page where you can choose the type of PC you want to build!

Again thanx to Stephen - cheers mate for your hard work.

BTW Im living in the UK and need to use the POUND sign "?" Is the dollar sign also hardcoded into ccc.php or build.php? If so can I change instances of the "$" sign to "?" - without touching the $ sign in variables etc?!

Regards

Jiten

PS I would like to donate for your hardwork - do you have a link?

Made some changes so the admin and catalog display area are not dependent on the FSB. Those are now variables stored and grouped as such.

Modified the java calc so it now works on moz (tested on Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.5) Gecko/20031107). Works under IE/Opera and Nutscrapes for win without any errors.

Since there were quite a few changes with an already heavily modded backend I'll have to package this up for general distribution after the holidays.

Talking about holidays, have a happy and safe holiday and year end!

i keep forgetting to put the pics in the zip file, also HGIC could you please pm me and put the code for the javascript changes and a basic showing of the way you have the variables set up because the fsb is the base of determining which system is chosen and which parts to pull for that system, as well as the new addition i am working on for expandable system buses.

oh btw HGIC if you are talking about having fsb_100 hardcoded, i have already made that dynamic, once again for expandability, but i am saving that for the next release.

right now the thing that has me stuck is the javascript for mozilla, i never have been very good at cross-browser compatablity

Edited by sw45859

Hello Guys/Gals:

I noticed something strange in the admin part where you have to add products. The 'onclick=submit()' part on line 209 in ccc_add.php does not show up when I browse to the category making it impossible to add products. Is this just me or has anyone else experienced this behaviour as well?

I also noticed that this works fine in stephen's shop, so I'm not sure if this was something ommited from the contribution.

Edited by jessicasy

guys i have been told to move to a new thread, here it is:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?act=ST&f=7&t=71332

and jessica i am not sure i understand what you mean, but please post an explination in the new thread so i can see what you mean.

Edited by sw45859

• 1 month later...

i have an error in admin.php-CCC Config

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_output_string() in c:\appserv\www\catalog\admin\includes\functions\html_output.php on line 201

and

i can`t find these codes in Catalog /Shopping_Cart.php

$products_name = '<table border="0" cellspacing="2" cellpadding="2">' .
                    ' <tr>' .
                    ' <td class="productListing-data" align="center"><a href="'.tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO,'products_id='.$products[$i]['id']).'">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $products[$i]['image'], $products[$i]['name'], SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT) . '</a></td>' .
                    ' <td class="productListing-data" valign="top"><a href="'.tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO,'products_id='.$products[$i]['id']).'"><b>' . $products[$i]['name'] . '</b></a>';

and i don`t have Filenames.php this file in Admin/Includes /

sorry , my english is poor

hoping someone can help me

i use ms1

thank`s lot

how to install on ms1?????????/

i can`t find these codes in Catalog /Shopping_Cart.php

$products_name = '<table border="0" cellspacing="2" cellpadding="2">' .
                   ' <tr>' .
                   ' <td class="productListing-data" align="center"><a href="'.tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO,'products_id='.$products[$i]['id']).'">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $products[$i]['image'], $products[$i]['name'], SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT) . '</a></td>' .
                   ' <td class="productListing-data" valign="top"><a href="'.tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO,'products_id='.$products[$i]['id']).'"><b>' . $products[$i]['name'] . '</b></a>';

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_output_string() in c:\appserv\www\catalog\admin\includes\functions\html_output.php on line 201

i can`t find some files on ms1.....

please teach me how to install the module on ms1 step by step

thank`s a lot