• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

State Based Region Shipping Rates

billythekid

Can someone please help.. I'm sure I'm overlooking something simple, but mine will not calculate correctly. I have the shipping weight entered and I think I have the table of rates entered correctly, but everytime I test it, it gives me a shipping amount that is for the wrong weight. This is what I have:

Region 1 States/Countries

California,Oregon,Washington,Nevada,Arizona,Utah,Montana,Wyoming,Colorado,New Mexico,Texas,Oklahoma,Kansas,Nebraska,South Dakota,North Dakota,Minnesota,Iowa,Montana,Arizona,Louisiana,Alaska,Hawaii

Region 1 Shipping Table

9:0.00,19:7.00,20:14.00,39:17.50,40:21.00,59:24.50,60:28.00,79:31.50,80:35.00,99

:38.50,100:42.00,119:45.50,120:49.00,139:52.50,140:56.00,159:59.50,160:63.00,179:

65.50,180:70.00,199:73.50,200:77.00,219:80.50,220:84.00

Region 2 States/Countries

Virginia,Wisconsin,Illinois,Kentucky,Tennessee,Missouri,Alabama,Georgia,Florida,

South Carolina,North Carolina,Virginia,Ohio,Michigan,Delaware,New Jersey,Connecticut,Pennsylvania,Rhode Island,New York,Massachusetts,Vermont,New Hampshire,Maine,Indiana

Region 2 Shipping Table

9:0.00,19:6.00,20:12.00,39:15.00,40:18.00,59:21.00,60:24.00,79:27.00,80:30.00,99

:33.00,100:36.00,119:39.00,120:42.00,139:45.00,140:48.00,159:51.00,160:54.00,179:

57.00,180:60.00,199:63.00,200:66.00,219:69.00,220:72.00

Any help is appreciated.

Paul

Can someone please help.. I'm sure I'm overlooking something simple, but mine will not calculate correctly.

Nevermind.. sheesh... I didn't realize it was adding a tare weight and a percentage. To save any others who might have problems like this.. check in your admin > configuration > shipping and make sure that there is no tare weight or percent added (if you don't want it to). It was driving me crazy not being able to figure out where the extra was coming from.

paul.

Ok I've downloaded the state based rates and it works just fine however I have a problem.

I would like to set each region to calculate by the pound...

for example 1lb = 0.21 per pound...

Is this something I can do without having to do the current way...

10:2.10 for this I would have to go up every 10 pounds all the way to 2000 pounds to even get close to accurate and when I do this I'm uanble to put in all the amounts It will only allow so much!!!

Can someone Pleae help me here... It would be nice to be able to use the 1 rate for everything... By the pound...

I'm kinda in a hurry too so if anyone has anthing please please let me know.. Thanks a bunch!!!

Jodi

Ok Here is my situation I need someone to explain to me how this is done....

The module doesnt take all the states enteres because of the coding of OSC and the structure of the database. The database field allows for only so much data stored.

To let the field take more. Edit the mySQL database and change/modify the field. Similar to "int vs. longint" 

I'd really appreciate any help!!!!

Thanks a bunch!

Jodi

How can I setup the time to delivery? 2-5 to "10-15" or "3 weeks - 5 weeks"

You can change this to read what ever you want it to by going to the following:

catalog/includes/languages/english/checkout_success.php

towards the top you'll see where it says that and you can change the wording of whatever it is you need it to be.

Hope this helps!!!

Still looking for my answers if anyone has any idea...

thanks,

Jodi

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

everything working perfect except the box hav limitations

see this

Catalunya

Region 1 Shipping Table

1:5.50,1.50:8.00,2:9.50,2.50:12.00,3:13.50,3.50:16,4:17.50,4.5:20,5:21.50,5.50:2

4,6:25.50,6.50:28,7:29.50,7.50:32,8:33.50,8.50:36,9:37.50,9.50:40,10:41.50,10.50:

44,11:45.50,11.50:48,12:49.50,12.50:52,13:53.50,13.50:56,14:57.50,14.50:60,15:61.

50,15.50:64,1

Original (Region 1 Shipping Table) should be

1:5.50,1.50:8.00,2:9.50,2.50:12.00,3:13.50,3.50:16,4:17.50,4.5:20,5:21.50,5.50:2

4,6:25.50,6.50:28,7:29.50,7.50:32,8:33.50,8.50:36,9:37.50,9.50:40,10:41.50,10.50:

44,11:45.50,11.50:48,12:49.50,12.50:52,13:53.50,13.50:56,14:57.50,14.50:60,15:61.

50,15.50:64,16:65.50,16.50:68,17:69.50,17.50:72,18:73.50,18.50:76,19:77.50,19.50:

80,20:81.50

i can enter the original value but when submit and the result shown on "Region 1 Shipping Table" it's mean there is a limitions on this box..

anyway how to solve this limitions things or any batter idea?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi i have uploaded the 2 region files, but when i goto the shipping module i get no install option, however i can click on it and edit the options in the fields, does this mean i have to delet the files of the server each time before editing as there is no remove or edit functions either like all the other modules.

Its not a computer its a life management system!

• 2 months later...

I read sjd256's (steve) post and I tried to install it.

Unfortunatelly I've got blank fields in admin/modules/shipping/regions.

- I do not find the field to set tax class.

- Unless I set back the number of regions to 3 there will be 2, 4 blank "Region 1 States/Countries" and "Region 1 Shipping Table" field.

I think the icon issue was related only to his installation:

$this->icon = DIR_WS_ICONS . 'shipping_amtrak.gif';

Can you help me the tax/VAT thing get to work on my site?

Cheers,

Andrew

• 3 months later...

Great contribution!

But I am still having problems because of the field size limit. Anyone knows which field in which database needs to be changed to "longint" as described here:

"The module doesnt take all the states enteres because of the coding of OSC and the structure of the database. The database field allows for only so much data stored.

To let the field take more. Edit the mySQL database and change/modify the field. Similar to "int vs. longint"?"

Instructions on how to apply this change using MyPhpAdmin would also be appreciated.

Thanks!

Great contribution!

But I am still having problems because of the field size limit. Anyone knows which field in which database needs to be changed to "longint" as described here:

"The module doesnt take all the states enteres because of the coding of OSC and the structure of the database. The database field allows for only so much data stored.

To let the field take more. Edit the mySQL database and change/modify the field. Similar to "int vs. longint"?"

Instructions on how to apply this change using MyPhpAdmin would also be appreciated.

Thanks!

Sorry I don't but can't you split the states/regions on more than one line?

I have a couple of line set up for entry so that I can get all the regions in.

Apologies if I have not explained well but just off to bed after a long day :blink:

Cheers

Steve

Sorry I don't but can't you split the states/regions on more than one line?

I have a couple of line set up for entry so that I can get all the regions in.

Apologies if I have not explained well but just off to bed after a long day  :blink:

Cheers

Steve

It would work but my 3 zones are already full: 1 for continental USA, 1 for Alaska and Hawaii and 1 for the rest of the countries we sell to....

Thanks for the help!

• 3 weeks later...

I have gone through this message thread, the official thread for the regions based rates shipping module, and have takeb into considration the suggestions and feature requests people have for this already great shipping module. .....

...........3 hours of programming later...........

I have done it!!! This module now includes the freatures requested and suggested throught out this thread.

***You can download the new version (4.0) of the contribuion here, http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,818

**I strongly suggest you read the readme file included in the zip, and which i have posted here below.

State Based Rates Shipping Module

------------------------------------------

Target: osCommerce 2.2-CVS (with new checkout procedure)

Version: 4.0

Release Date: 22 December 2004

License: GPL

Author: Jorge Suarez

[email protected]

TOC: Changes

Installation

Usage

Features

Limitations

Contact

Changes:

-------------

1. changed "per item" feature to "# of items."

(x:y.yy), where "x" is the number of items and "y.yy" is the shipping fee to charge.

2. added "percentage" support. Lets you calculate shipping fee based on a percentage of the total price.

(x.xx:y), where "x.xx" is the order price and "y" is the percentage (of the total price) to charge as the shipping fee to charge. The value of "y" needs to be entered as a number oly, DO NOT INCLUDE THE "%" SIGN

3. added "Tax Class" support. Lets you specify which tax class to use on the shipping fee.

4. added "sort_order" support. Lets you specify a sort order display during checkout.

Installation:

-------------

THIS MODULE CAN BE MODIFIED FURTHER, NEW MODULES CAN BE CREATED, AND/OR OTHER OSCOMMERCE MODIFICATIONS CAN BE MADE FOR A SMALL FEE. MY CONTACT

INFO IN AT THE BUTTON OF PAGE

This module does not overwrite any existing file. It is therefore safe to just copy

the complete directory structure over your existing one.

If your osCommerce installation does not have the default directory layout you

will have to copy all the files to the appropriate places.

Once the files are in place you should be able to switch the module on through

Administration -> Modules -> Shipping -> Region Based Rates (green button)

If you want to assign different States to the groups you can do so through the Admin.

Be warned: Once the module is switched off again it will default to the original

setup upon activation again. You will have to assign your groups / prices again.

If you want to increase the number of regions after the module has been installed and enabled, your must:

1. Disabled the module

2. Edit the file

3. Re-enable the module.

Usage:

------

This shipping module allows you to create groups of country states(regions) and

assign a shipping price to such a region. A region can be composed of a single state/country

or of any number of states/countries. A region can also contain states from multiple countries,

and can contain a combination of countries and states.

You have the choice to calculate the shipping cost based on the total price of the

order or the total weight or on 3 of items of the order.

Features:

---------

1..Regions can be composed of States and/or Countries.

2..Regions include any number states/countries (one or more).

3..Regions can include state of different countries. For example, you can have a region

that included Texas and the northern States or Mexico.

4..Order weight, price, # of items, or percentage (of the total price) can be used to calculate shipping cost.

5..Any number of regions.

6..Handling fee can be added.

Limitations:

------------

Address must include a state or country

Contact

-------

1. If you have any questions/comments regarding this module please contact the author:

2. For Support, http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=29585&hl=

3. For donations please use [email protected]

[email protected]

© 2002 by Jorge Suarez

• 1 month later...

love the contribution...

one problem i'm facing is that the weight option isn't working for me.

here are my settings:

Enable US Regions Method

Sort Order

Handling Fee

Mode

weight

Tax Class

--none--

Alaska,Hawaii

Region 1 Shipping Table

10.00:21,20.00:30,30.00:35,40.00:40,50.00:45,60:00,50

Alabama,Arizona,Arkansas,California,Colorado,Connecticut,Delaware,District of Columbia,Florida,Georgia,Idaho,Illinois,Indiana,Iowa,Kansas,Kentucky,Louisiana,M

aine,Maryland,Massachusetts,Michigan,Minnesota,Mississippi,Missouri,Montana

Region 2 Shipping Table

5.00:8,10.00:10,20.00:15,30.00:25,50.00:35,75.00:55,100.00:75

Region 3 States/Countries

Nebraska,Nevada,New Hampshire,New Jersey,New Mexico,New York,North Carolina,North Dakota,Ohio,Oklahoma,Oregon,Pennsylvania,Rhode Island,South Carolina,South Dakota,Texas,Utah,Vermont,Virginia,Washington,West Virginia,Wisconsin,Wyoming,Armed Forces America

Region 3 Shipping Table

>>>>I am just dumfounded as to why it's not working for the weight option? Any input from anyone who got it to work?

-M a c i e

Its sounds like you have a value for the "Package Tare weight" option. Go to Administration -> Configuration -> Shipping/Packcaging -> and set "Package Tare weight" to 0. For some reason its defaulted to 3. Let me know if this helps.

Jorge Suarez

love the contribution...

one problem i'm facing is that the weight option isn't working for me.

here are my settings:

Enable US Regions Method

Sort Order

Handling Fee

Mode

weight

Tax Class

--none--

Alaska,Hawaii

Region 1 Shipping Table

10.00:21,20.00:30,30.00:35,40.00:40,50.00:45,60:00,50

Alabama,Arizona,Arkansas,California,Colorado,Connecticut,Delaware,District of Columbia,Florida,Georgia,Idaho,Illinois,Indiana,Iowa,Kansas,Kentucky,Louisiana,M

aine,Maryland,Massachusetts,Michigan,Minnesota,Mississippi,Missouri,Montana

Region 2 Shipping Table

Region 3 States/Countries

Nebraska,Nevada,New Hampshire,New Jersey,New Mexico,New York,North Carolina,North Dakota,Ohio,Oklahoma,Oregon,Pennsylvania,Rhode Island,South Carolina,South Dakota,Texas,Utah,Vermont,Virginia,Washington,West Virginia,Wisconsin,Wyoming,Armed Forces America

Region 3 Shipping Table

>>>>I am just dumfounded as to why it's not working for the weight option?  Any input from anyone who got it to work?

-M a c i e

I've got a selection of products that are rather heavy. Some as much as several hundred pounds. Some as light as only a few pounds.

I've set up for shipping methods gnd, next day, 2nd day, and freight. I'm using 3 regions for each.

Right now, when I set the store's shipping limit to 120, some funny things happen to products which weigh over the limit. Their weights get divided and I end up with a shipping weight that is some fraction of the original. So - I bump this up.

If I set the store's limit to 10000 and then set the limits on the individual methods (ie. gnd is 120:0.40) then it works for a single item over the 120 limit. But if I have 3 items with a total combined weight over 120 and individual rates of less than 120 then all methods are valid and shipping rates for them should be displayed - but they aren't.

If I leave the store's limit at 10000 AND set the limits for each method to 10000, then I get valid shipping rates for all of the methods in both cases (one item over 120 and several items combined). BUT I only want the freight quote to be displayed if any quantity of a single item that weighs over 120# is selected.

What I'd like to do is to modify the code such that it will identify any units over the limit set in the Configuration > Shipping/Packaging > Enter the Maximum Package Weight field and set all but the Freight option to "unavailable" or some such text which I believe can be set using MODULE_GROUND_SHIPPING_REGIONS_UNDEFINED_RATE

Any combined weights over this limit should offer all 4 shipping options as long as no single unit is over the store's limit.

Where in the code would be the best place to implement this? Within the individual method files (gnd, etc...)?

TIA - and thanks for creating this contrib!

Apathy is a dominant gene - mutate.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Great contribution!

Thanks!

For all those wondering this, I just found it:

In phpMyAdmin, go to the "configuration" table. If you sort by "configuration title", on the 4th page or so, you'll see Region 1 States/Countries, Region 2 States/Countries, etc...

The properties on this field need to be changed. I put it to type "longtext" and upped the character limit. Whether this is the best way, I don't know, but it certainly seems to work.

• 4 weeks later...

hello

im new with this oscommers.

i've read the instalation instructions and i press the "green button" and the module seems to be installed ok, but i only show me one zone to configure.

i did like the readme says "change the regions cant and then re-enabled the module" but i've got 1 zone... why ?!??!

where can i configure it ? i've got 5 zones declares and 5 countrys........

i don't understand what am i doing bad...

can someone help me ?

• 4 weeks later...

Hi.

Firstly thanks for this great contribution - works like a dream.

Have a few small issues:

1. How to change the display of weight rate in Kg instead of Pounds ( I am in the UK)

2. How to add a UK State ie Jersey into Zone 2 Rates?

3. why the conversion of KG into Pounds has a formuly of KG * 4 = pounds? (It should be KG*2.2=pounds)

Hope some one can help me on this and guide me a little.

Thanks!!

Kunal :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

Hola, estoy tratando de instalar y poner a punto este modulo de envios pero hay algunas cosas que no puedo entender.

Por casualidad hay alguien que hable espa?ol asi hago unas preguntas y es mas facil poder configurarlo bien? Ya me lei todos los mensajes pero no hay caso!

Bueno gracias, lucas

por favor alguno me puede dar una mano con esta contibucion!

Va perfecto y es justo lo que necesito para poder poner la tienda en linea, las pruebas que estoy haciendo son todas satisfactorias y van de maravillas, pero tengo un problema con las conversiones de pesos.

Lo explico mejor, estoy utilizando la opcion de peso para asi calcular el costo del envio segun la provincia que haya que enviar los productos.

Si uso numeros enteros en el peso (osea 1 kilo, 2 kilos, etc) todo funciona bien, pero el problema se presenta cuando pongo el peso con decimales (osea 1,50 kilos, 2,50 kilos, etc), el problema es que que me incrementa el peso pasandolo a un valor que no es.

Doy un ejemplo:

Tengo un producto que pesa 1,50 kilos.

Si compro 2 veces ese producto me muestra que pesa 3.3 kilos y tendria que ser 3.0 o 3.

Nose, hace dos dias que estoy dando vueltas con este problema y no puedo solucionarlo.

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,818