• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

State Based Region Shipping Rates

billythekid

Hi thanks for this contrib...just curious, what if the weight of the product is less than 1?

for example, an item of clothing, is 0.07 lbs, and the shipping rate is is 1 lbs =$7?

will this round off the weight to the closest decimal value? in this case 1 lbs?

please let me know

Regards,

Donato

The shipping cost is calculated based on the values you enter. If the rates are something like:

200:7.00,500:10.00,1000:16.00, since your first value is 200:7.00, that means that anything UP TO 200(lbs or currency) will be charged 7.00, the anything above 200 and UPTO 500, will be charges 10.00, and so on.

So to answer you question anything from 0 to the first values, will be charged the first price, that includes 0.07.

I hope that answers you question.

Hi!

How can I implement this?

Region 1 : Within Metro Manila, Philippines

Region 2 : Outside Metro Manila, Philippines

I already added two zones Within Metro Manila (WMM) and Outside Metro Manila (OMM) but I can't get this to function.

At the setup:

Region 1 State: WMM

Region 1 Shipping Table : 1:2.00 (per 1 item : 2.00)

Region 2 State : OMM

Region 2 Shipping Table : 1:5.00 (per 1 item : 5.00)

Am I doing it right? Where can I declare that states of a country?

Thanks

I dont know if you can (are allowed to tax shipping), but as far as making my shipping module do that, sure it can be done. I just need to customize it a bit. A few lines of code.

Email me if you are interested.

Ok, I am working on a new version of this shipping module. Please post here what you would like to see added as a feature in this contribustion.

So far i am adding:

1. cost based on percentage of order total

2. cost based on number of items (different from per item)

3. what else????

4. what else????

5. what else????

6. what else????

And while you are at it, please suggest/request this modue to be implemeted in the future releases of OSC

you need two needed features

1. "Tax Class" - dropdown selection

2. "Sort Order"

3. I also need the mod to handle this senerio:

after a shipping weight of an certain amount (lets say 50LBs), there after for EVERY (1Lb) a fix amount of $2.50 is added

please include thos in the mod

I would like add a second state based shipping rate to my store. COpied the regions. php file under a different name, shanged the name of functions and classes but the module does not appear on the admin shipping page. Where could be wrong? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Ugur

On checkout_shipping.php page, two shipping options appear but only one of the has a shipping qote (initiallly installed), the other one appears as no shipping quote calculated. I had changed the class and funtion name for the second one but does not seem to work. I could send the source if you need

Thanks

Ugur

• 2 weeks later...

:?: :?: :?:

On checkout_shipping.php page, two shipping options appear but only one of the has a shipping qote (initiallly installed), the other one appears as no shipping quote calculated. I had changed the class and funtion name for the second one but does not seem to work.

Still stuck at this point. Is there anybody who could help me

Thanks

Ugur

Jorge,

te explico, quiero 2 tipos de regiones. Por ejemplo Sevilla que se page 6? y el resto de Espa?a 12 ?

tengo en Paises: 239

tengo en Provincias: 52

en Zonas de Impuestos: 0 nada

en tu modulo he puesto lo siguiente:

Tarrifas basadas en estados o region (grupos de Estados y/o Paises)

Enable US Regions Method

Handling Fee

Mode

per_item

Region 1 States/Countries

Sevilla

Region 1 Shipping Table

1:6

Region 2 States/Countries

A Coru?a,Alava,Albacete,Alicante,Almeria,Asturias,Avila,Badajoz,Baleares,Barcelona

,Burgos,Caceres,Cadiz,Cantabria,Castellon,Ceuta,Ciudad Real,Cuenca,Girona,Granada,Guadalajara,Guipuzcoa,Huelva,Huesca,Jaen,La Rioja,Las Palmas,Leon,Lleida,Lugo,Madri

Region 2 Shipping Table

1:12

Region 3 States/Countries

Region 3 Shipping Table

y al final del pedido me sale lo siguiente:

Tarrifas basadas en regiones (Envio de 1 Objetos ha , Spain ): 0.00EUR

Porque sale Spain y no la provincia elegida con el importe correspondiente?

Haber si me puedes ayudar.

Muchas Gracias

Here a module I just made because I really needed this and could not find it anywhere.

http://www.oscommerce.com/downloads.php/co...ions,809/type,2

This module allows you create shipping regions by dividing states of the USA (or other country) in different groups. Each group will then have it's own shipping price which you can based on price or weight.  

This module is perfect when for those of you need to charge different when shipping to different parts of the country.  

Features  

1..Regions can be composed of US States or of any other country  

2..Order weight or price can be used to calculate shipping price.  

3..Any number of regions  

4..Handling fee can be added.  

Jorge

Jorge

This module allows you create shipping regions by dividing states of the USA (or other country) in different groups. Each group will then have it's own shipping price which you can based on price or weight.  

This module is perfect when for those of you need to charge different when shipping to different parts of the country.  

Features  

1..Regions can be composed of US States or of any other country  

2..Order weight or price can be used to calculate shipping price.  

3..Any number of regions  

4..Handling fee can be added.  

Jorge

Hi

Firstly, just wanted to say great contribution! :D

Secondly, I notice that its already been mentioned but tax calculation on shipping would be really useful, especially for UK retailers and probably other countries also that add VAT to shipping.

I've tried to modify the code myself to add the tax option but no luck so far, if anybody could help and give me a few pointers I'd be really greatful.

Thanks

Andy

• 2 weeks later...

I get this module to work fine with per item, but if I put in the weight it doesn't work?

SA Express Delivery

Enable US Regions Method

Handling Fee

Mode

weight

Region 1 States/Countries

Gauteng

Region 1 Shipping Table

1000:50.00,2000:75.00,3000:100.00,4000:150.00,5000:200.00

Region 2 States/Countries

Eastern Cape,Free State,Kwa-Zulu Natal,Limpopo,Mpumalanga,North West,Northern Cape,Western Cape

Region 2 Shipping Table

1000:75.00,2000:150.00,3000:200.00,4000:250.00,5000:300.00

Region 3 States/Countries

Swaziland, Lesotho, Mozambique, Zimbabwe, Botswana, Malawi, Namibia

Region 3 Shipping Table

1000:100.00,2000:200.00,3000:250.00,4000:300.00,5000:400.00,6:350.00

This is what I have entered, however for the first region it only calculates for the first kilogram and not for anything over that.The other regions stays 0 and is not available.

Please help

Yes you can use it with others. I'm using it as a extra shipping option for express delivery to certain areas. I can't get it to work with the weight option, hence my previous message. But it works fine for per_item shipping. I've tested ot thoroughly. Now if someone can just help me with the weight option...

May be you can include this feature with your next update:

Rates based on ZIP-Code - and you you can choose the ZIP-Code with wild cards, for example: 481**

For is this an interesting feature.

Regards Daniel