• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

State Based Region Shipping Rates

billythekid

Hi

I am having the same problem as elmo, the boxes only allow a certain amount of data in, as there are many many countries in the world they all wont fit into one box, i have tried adding a box but not sure what I need to do as blank boxes without titles appeared and I tried disabling and renabling the feature but this did not work, I would really appreciate it if someone could tell me step by step what I need to do to add boxes extra boxes.

i ammended this to

$this->regionsclass3 = 5; (instead of 4)

and i added this to each of the 3 files

if ($i == 5) {

$default_states_or_countries = 'global';

$default_prices =

'29.99:30.00,49.99:33.50,99.99:37.50,199.99:43.00,299.99:48.00,399.99:53.00,4

99.99:58.00,599.99:

63.00,699.99:68.00,799.99:73.00,899.99:78.00,999.99:83.00,1099.99:88.00';

}

but no joy

Thanks

I am using shipping regions contribution on oscommerce.

Please can you tell me how i change the shipping method name when someone goes to buy something and they are confronted with a choice of shipping methods it says "regions" but obviously this does not mean anything to the customer i would like to change that wording to something else but dont know how to do it.

Thanks in advance for your help

• 1 month later...
I am using shipping regions contribution on oscommerce.

Please can you tell me how i change the shipping method name when someone goes to buy something and they are confronted with a choice of shipping methods it says "regions" but obviously this does not mean anything to the customer i would like to change that wording to something else but dont know how to do it.

Thanks in advance for your help

Change it in the language files that come along with this package.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I've installed this on a client's store. The shipping charges (free in this case) are being calculated based on billing address, not shipping address. Is this by design? Shouldn't the shipping address be used for free shipping?

Thanks

Colin

• 4 months later...

I've installed this contribution..

I am using is as coutry based shipping..

United States and free shipping.. Works great

Now for all other coutries..

I want to add a flat shipping rate.. Problem is I cannot add all the coutry's to the text field...

I enter them all in and only about a dozen of them are added.. How can I increase this field capaicity...

Thanks..

Shipping per item..

for US i have 100:0.00

I've installed this contribution..

I am using is as coutry based shipping..

United States and free shipping.. Works great

Now for all other coutries..

I want to add a flat shipping rate.. Problem is I cannot add all the coutry's to the text field...

I enter them all in and only about a dozen of them are added.. How can I increase this field capaicity...

Thanks..

Shipping per item..

for US i have 100:0.00

Those who may be using this contribution as Country based shipping..

You'll find when building your region tables you can only add 255 characters... Therefore if you wanted to add all the coutries you'd have to add about 36 shipping regions

FIX,,, In SQL MyPhpAdmin.. Run this command..

ALTER TABLE configuration MODIFY configuration_value varchar(3000)

This will allow you to add as many states or countries you want...

Edited by Oggster

• 8 months later...

I have this installed on a couple sites and it works great. I have a small problem on one though. Hoping somebody can point me in the right direction.

I initially set up the region based rates by weight. went up to 3 pounds, then I use UPS for heavier orders.

I decided to increase my set up to 10 pounds befoe UPS kicks in, but it won't show any charge on the site for orders over 2.9 pounds.

I entered this:

1:4.95,2:5.50,1:4.95,2:5.50,3:6.50,10:8.00

But any order over 2.9 pounds only shows UPS rates, not region based rates. I have been all over my files and cannot find/do not remember, any setting to turn this module off at 3 pounds. My other stores would show shipping as being zero for an order beyond the limits set in the module, however, they are set to dollars not weight like this one.

Anybody know what I missed?

Tim

Finally found it. I ran a compare from my server file to my install file and found this code:

//Modification for maximum weight 

$order_total = $shipping_weight;
//change the number 40 to whatever maximum weight limit you want
if ($order_total >= 3) {
$error = 'over';
} else {

$this->quotes = array('id' => $this->code,
//change the module name below to reflect the shipping module
'module' => MODULE_SHIPPING_REGIONSCLASS3_TITLE,
'methods' => array(array('id' => $this->code,
'title' => $shipping_method,
'cost'=> $shipping_cost)));
}

//end of maximum weight

I have no idea where I got this code, but it works very well.

Tim

Billy,

I'm in Australia.How do I change the US regions method to suit Australia? and whats the format that I have to enter the data in and make it work? I have installed it all good.

Can this work along side the zone based shipping for other countries?

Thanks

• 2 months later...

Hi Billy,

First I'd like to thank you for your awesome contribution - I will be using it as state based shipping.

The sad part is that I haven't been able to make it work, hopefully you can help me out. This is the only thing I'm missing to get my website going.

I keep getting the error below and I am pretty new to all this php stuff so I haven't been able to figure it out by myself. I added the modules to my admin and activate the regions.php in the MODULE_SHIPPING_INSTALLED

I haven't changed anything in the regions.php file so far.

Warning: constant() [function.constant]: Couldn't find constant MODULE_SHIPPING_REGIONS1 in /****/myappleberrystore.com/includes/modules/shipping/regions.php on line 80

Warning: constant() [function.constant]: Couldn't find constant MODULE_SHIPPING_REGIONS2 in /****/myappleberrystore.com/includes/modules/shipping/regions.php on line 80

Warning: constant() [function.constant]: Couldn't find constant MODULE_SHIPPING_REGIONS3 in /****/myappleberrystore.com/includes/modules/shipping/regions.php on line 80

Warning: constant() [function.constant]: Couldn't find constant MODULE_SHIPPING_REGIONS1 in /****/myappleberrystore.com/includes/modules/shipping/regions.php on line 89

Warning: constant() [function.constant]: Couldn't find constant MODULE_SHIPPING_REGIONS2 in /****/myappleberrystore.com/includes/modules/shipping/regions.php on line 89

Warning: constant() [function.constant]: Couldn't find constant MODULE_SHIPPING_REGIONS3 in /****/myappleberrystore.com/includes/modules/shipping/regions.php on line 89

Regions Based Rates

No shipping available to the selected location

Thanks,

Victor