• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

State Based Region Shipping Rates

billythekid

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This is a terrific contribution. A big thank you to all that have developed it!

I have set up 6 tables for different shipping options to different locations. If the shipping method is not applicable to that area, I know that it displays a message "not available to your destination".

I was wondering if there is a way to have it so the options that are not available just do not display at all?

The checkout page is getting a little busy with all the options displayed that are not available.

If anyone knows how to do this, and could explain, I would be very appreciative.

Thank you again for all your hard work!

Rob

Hey guys, i've been looking for this contribuition all my life!

There's just a little problem.

I'd like to have a shipping rate for some states, not based on price, weight or whatever, just based on the state the client lives in.

Here in Brazil for example, i'd like to have 4 zones, as the contribuition already have, and insert some states into them, and for every group of states, there would be a single price, no matter what product the client bought.

For Example:

########################################################

Rates Based on Regions (group of States and/or Countries)

Enable US Regions Method

Sort Order

Handling Fee

Mode

(i don't know what could possibly be here, there should be no mode as i want the price to be based on the state the client lives)

Tax Class

Não Definido

Region 1 States/Countries

São Paulo,Rio de Janeiro,Minas Gerais,Espírito Santo

Region 1 Shipping Table

Region 2 States/Countries

Mato Grosso,Mato Grosso do Sul,Tocantins

Region 2 Shipping Table

Region 3 States/Countries

Rio Grande do Sul,Paraná,Santa Catarina

Region 3 Shipping Table

Region 4 States/Countries

Bahia,Pernambuco,Ceará,Maranhão,Paraíba,Rio Grande do Norte,Sergipe,Alagoas,Piauí

Region 4 Shipping Table

Could Somebody help me? I'd apprciate very much!

thanks in advantage! =D

Hey guys, i've been looking for this contribuition all my life!

There's just a little problem.

I'd like to have a shipping rate for some states, not based on price, weight or whatever, just based on the state the client lives in.

Here in Brazil for example, i'd like to have 4 zones, as the contribuition already have, and insert some states into them, and for every group of states, there would be a single price, no matter what product the client bought.

For Example:

Rates Based on Regions (group of States and/or Countries)

Enable US Regions Method

Sort Order

Handling Fee

Mode

(i don't know what could possibly be here, there should be no mode as i want the price to be based on the state the client lives)

Tax Class

Não Definido

Region 1 States/Countries

São Paulo,Rio de Janeiro,Minas Gerais,Espírito Santo

Region 1 Shipping Table

Region 2 States/Countries

Mato Grosso,Mato Grosso do Sul,Tocantins

Region 2 Shipping Table

Region 3 States/Countries

Rio Grande do Sul,Paraná,Santa Catarina

Region 3 Shipping Table

Region 4 States/Countries

Bahia,Pernambuco,Ceará,Maranhão,Paraíba,Rio Grande do Norte,Sergipe,Alagoas,Piauí

Region 4 Shipping Table

Could Somebody help me? I'd apprciate very much!

thanks in advantage! =D

One thing you could do is just use "price" and enter a single price higher than anybody would ever actually order. Maybe $10,000 or something ( I don't know how large your orders are). You will only have one shipping price for that state.

Rob

One thing you could do is just use "price" and enter a single price higher than anybody would ever actually order. Maybe $10,000 or something ( I don't know how large your orders are). You will only have one shipping price for that state.

Rob

Very well said...I couldnt have suggested a better idea myself.

Ald, you can do the same thing but weight wise. set everything at a very low weight and then set the first weight break off at something very high.

Edited by nezah.net

Ok i have try. for my part i have this problem i cannot add a large number of states per regions.

In regions.php i have this:default_states_or_countries = 'Germany,Aisne,Ardennes,Aube,Calvados,Charente Maritime,Cher,Creuse,Dordogne,Doubs,Eure,Eure et Loir,Finistère,Yvelines,Yonne,Vosges,Vienne,Vendée,Val de Marne,Territoire de Belfort,Somme,Seine St-Denis,Seine Maritime,Seine et Marne,Sarthe,Pas de Calais,Paris,Orne,Oise,Nord,Nièvre,Moselle,Morbihan,Meuse,Meurthe et Moselle,Mayenne,Marne,Manche,Maine et Loire,Loire Atlantique,Loir et Cher,Jura,Indre et Loire,Indre,Ille et Vilaine,Hauts de Seine,Haute Saône,Haute Marne,Haut Rhin,Bas Rhin,Saône et Loire,Deux Sèvres,Essonne';

but i when i go to admin in oscommerce i have this:

Regions 4 States/Countries

Germany,Aisne,Ardennes,Aube,Calvados,Charente Maritime,Cher,Creuse,Dordogne,Doubs,Eure,Eure et Loir,Finistère,Yvelines,Yonne,Vosges,Vienne,Vendée,Val de Marne,Territoire de Belfort,Somme,Seine St-Denis,Seine Maritime,Seine et Marne,Sarthe,Pas de Calais,Pa

i also cannot set states such Côtes d'armor or Val d'Oise

The data base field has a limit on how much text you can enter. to overcome this, just break the states up into additional regions

State Based Shipping

"copied the 2 files and changed names to express_regions, then changed content so any instance of:

MODULE_SHIPPING_REGIONS becomes MODULE_SHIPPING_EXPRESS_REGIONS

and regions becomes express_regions"

It displays correctly on checkout_shipping.php but when you choose the Express one and hit continue it takes you to checkout_shipping.php again. It gets stuck on that page instead of going to the next one (checkout_payment.php)

Did anyone ever get this resolved?

ADW

thers is an error because the last word is the same. so use:

MODULE_SHIPPING_REGIONS &

MODULE_SHIPPING_EXPRESSREGIONS &/or

MODULE_SHIPPING_PRIORITYREGIONS

etc......

This is a terrific contribution. A big thank you to all that have developed it!

I have set up 6 tables for different shipping options to different locations. If the shipping method is not applicable to that area, I know that it displays a message "not available to your destination".

I was wondering if there is a way to have it so the options that are not available just do not display at all?

The checkout page is getting a little busy with all the options displayed that are not available.

If anyone knows how to do this, and could explain, I would be very appreciative.

Thank you again for all your hard work!

Rob

this is not related to the contribution file, but to the checkout process of oscommerce. you can accomplish this by modifying the checkout_shipping.php file.

• 1 month later...

Hello the contribution link in the first page doesn't work.

I think I'm looking for something like this.

But a country based shipping rate where...

1..Regions can be composed of US or of any other country

2..Order weight or price can be used to calculate shipping price.

3..Any number of regions

So for example.

I can set United States as one region and make it 50:5.99,9999999:0

*so it would be $5.99 for orders under $50 and free shipping on orders above $50

Then I want to set any other country to ship like 50:10.00, 9999999:20.00

*so it would be $10.00 for orders under $50 and $20 on orders above $50

Can this contribution do this?

Edited by tookie

Hello the contribution link in the first page doesn't work.

I think I'm looking for something like this.

But a country based shipping rate where...

1..Regions can be composed of US or of any other country

3..Any number of regions

So for example.

I can set United States as one region and make it 50:5.99,9999999:0

*so it would be $5.99 for orders under $50 and free shipping on orders above $50

Then I want to set any other country to ship like 50:10.00, 9999999:20.00

*so it would be $10.00 for orders under $50 and $20 on orders above $50

Can this contribution do this?

Yes the link doesn't seem to work?

This is now possible with the version i posted today. it has a 4th region called "global" any country/state not defines, goes by the rates degfined to the global region.

Your regions module contributions are great!

I do have one issue with 4th region called "global" it doesn't work for me, only if I directly type in the countries, don't know if I'm doing something wrong or if the module is not compatable with osCommerce 2.2 LINUX, PHP 4.3, MYSQL 4.1.

Will it only work with osCommerce 2.2-CVS (with new checkout procedure) ??

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Great contribution. However, I'm having a small problem, sure it's easily solved. I am using this contrib in conjunction with the free of charge payment module. The shipping quotes, for a mixed cart of free and cost shipping items, on checkout_shipping.php are perfect. However, the quotes change and become incorrect upon advancing to the checkout_confirmation page. Any ideas?

Many thanks in advance.

I have an order limit for international orders, so no orders shipping outside the US can be over $500. However, if I put more than $500 dollars of merch into my cart and go to checkout, I see: There is a $500 USD limit on international purchases. $0.00

The $500 limit thing is what I put in for my error message, but it still allows me to checkout with a shipping cost of $0. How do I impose the shipping limit?

Also, is there a way to have the shipping option not show up at all if it is not available?

I do love this contribution, so help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

I have an order limit for international orders, so no orders shipping outside the US can be over $500. However, if I put more than $500 dollars of merch into my cart and go to checkout, I see: There is a $500 USD limit on international purchases. $0.00

The $500 limit thing is what I put in for my error message, but it still allows me to checkout with a shipping cost of $0. How do I impose the shipping limit?

Also, is there a way to have the shipping option not show up at all if it is not available?

I do love this contribution, so help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

I just saw the explanation for not displaying shipping options that aren't available, so feel free to ignore that part of my question! (: Thanks.

Hi,

I'm new at this, I am trying to find the best shipping module for our store. We want to set up three basic flat rate shipping options,

regardless of weight or number of items purchased. The rates would be, US 6.95, Canada and Mexico 18.95, the rest of the world

29.95. Is this cotribution the best way to acheive this or should I look in a different direction?

Thanks in advance for any advice anyone has for me.

Dave C

• 4 weeks later...

I'm also looking for a "global" option like talked about above (US is X, Canada is Y, every other country is Z), without having to list each individual country. I don't see the new version that supposedly has this, though...the most recent version in the contributions section is quite a while back. Anyone know where I can find this? Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
Here a module I just made because I really needed this and could not find it anywhere.

http://www.oscommerce.com/downloads.php/co...ions,809/type,2

This module allows you create shipping regions by dividing states of the USA (or other country) in different groups. Each group will then have it's own shipping price which you can based on price or weight.

This module is perfect when for those of you need to charge different when shipping to different parts of the country.

Features

1..Regions can be composed of US States or of any other country

3..Any number of regions

4..Handling fee can be added.

Jorge

Jorge

This module allows you create shipping regions by dividing states of the USA (or other country) in different groups. Each group will then have it's own shipping price which you can based on price or weight.

This module is perfect when for those of you need to charge different when shipping to different parts of the country.

Features

1..Regions can be composed of US States or of any other country

3..Any number of regions

4..Handling fee can be added.

Jorge

Hi Jorge...

I downloaded your hard work on the regions based shipping module... I am in Canada, and I can't seem to get it to work with the country codes. Does this only work if you are based in the US? Is there a fix or something to get the country codes to work for me. It is the perfect fix for my shipping problems if I can get it to work.

Barb K

• 2 months later...

I have install that region base shipping module but it does not work. I have entered 8 region.but it calculates first region rate only. if i enter other region state it calculate first region rate. can any one help me?

Hi,

I'm new at this, I am trying to find the best shipping module for our store. We want to set up three basic flat rate shipping options,

regardless of weight or number of items purchased. The rates would be, US 6.95, Canada and Mexico 18.95, the rest of the world

29.95. Is this cotribution the best way to acheive this or should I look in a different direction?

Thanks in advance for any advice anyone has for me.

Dave C

if you serch google you can find best shipping module

• 4 months later...

Hello!!

Nice contrib. this one thanks!

Just one minor issue:

I´m using the "charge by weight" option and changed the table for this one:

2:6.93,5:8.92,8:11,01... and so on...

Can someone explain me why I choose to buy one item up to 2kg and the shipping price that appears is 8.32 instead of 6.93 like it´s suposed? Also when I choose items over 2kg, 5kg, 8kg, etc it doesn´t show the right price, it´s allways more than supposed!

I also set all the taxes and fees to 0.

Help anyone??

Thanks,

Paulo

Hello!!

Nice contrib. this one thanks!

Just one minor issue:

I´m using the "charge by weight" option and changed the table for this one:

2:6.93,5:8.92,8:11,01... and so on...

Can someone explain me why I choose to buy one item up to 2kg and the shipping price that appears is 8.32 instead of 6.93 like it´s suposed? Also when I choose items over 2kg, 5kg, 8kg, etc it doesn´t show the right price, it´s allways more than supposed!

I also set all the taxes and fees to 0.

Help anyone??

Thanks,

Paulo

In admin, shipping and packing, both tare weight and perentage increase should be 0, unless you use them.

In admin, shipping and packing, both tare weight and perentage increase should be 0, unless you use them.

Hi, thanks for your reply!

In fact I already had those fields at 0, and a keep getting over shipping price :huh:

It really sucks!!

If someone have some other hint I would really appreciate!

Thanks,

Paulo