• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] STS v4

Sean, It appears you have put your boxes folder in the wrong location. You should have a path such as sts_templates/*mytemplate*/boxes/infobox.php.html just as the default contribution file structure in the sts_templates/full/boxes/infobox.php.html. If you do not have the file structure setup correctly, then your infobox templates will not be recognized.

....aaaand of course I've just mistyped and the path is indeed in sts_templates/*mytemplate*/boxes/infobox.php.html -- so unfortunately, that's not it!

-sean

Addendum: I see at the top of this pg82 further evidence that I'm definitely having a problem (other than mistyping pathnames!) - when I use the "full" template, and enable the infoboxes, I do not see any green highlighting on them. I've even re-uploaded the files from my STS distro just in case I goofed somewhere along the way. No luck.

re Bill: " NOTE: The "out of the box" information infobox was "designed" with a green border just to highlight that you are now using the infobox templates for testing purposes."

Addendum: I see at the top of this pg82 further evidence that I'm definitely having a problem (other than mistyping pathnames!) - when I use the "full" template, and enable the infoboxes, I do not see any green highlighting on them. I've even re-uploaded the files from my STS distro just in case I goofed somewhere along the way. No luck.

re Bill: " NOTE: The "out of the box" information infobox was "designed" with a green border just to highlight that you are now using the infobox templates for testing purposes."

Sean, a few questions to help narrow your infobox issues...
  1. When you first installed STS, did you try using the provided templates without modifying them just to be sure you have everything configured correctly. This is important so that you can rule out whether the problem lies with your template, the provided template, incorrect installation, etc. The point here is to start simple and then build from there.
  2. The only infobox that has a green highlighted border would be the information.php.html template. If you are not using this particular template or you copied over it with a custom template of your own, then you will not have the green highlighted border on that one box.
  3. Did you infoboxes work without using STS? On this subject, did you modify any of the boxes php code?
  4. Have you tried this using the default stylesheet.css file? This would be to help rule out an error in your custom stylesheet.css or inline css within your template.
  5. Did you upload the modifications from the contribution for the "/includes/classes/boxes.php" file?
  6. Did you add the file "/includes/classes/sts.php"?

Hopefully something above will help you troubleshoot your issue.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

Sean, a few questions to help narrow your infobox issues...
  1. Have you tried this using the default stylesheet.css file? This would be to help rule out an error in your custom stylesheet.css or inline css within your template.

There's a new idea I haven't tried -- Thanks Bill - especially this late on a Tuesday! I'll give that a shot and will report back. I think that's got to be it. I've got some but may not all of the CSS in my style sheet. I'm still a little leery about that corner image showing up regardless, but i'll investigate further.

yes, I did re-upload the original "new" files from v4.4, and they didn't help. Do I have to move the css file into the root catalog directory? that's the only way I found it worked with my template, (i changed the name so didn't overwrite) or should I be using a relative path from the catalog to store everything in the template folder? I had some similar image issues that others here had but overcame them myself by just using a straight relative path from /catalog/ and putting my template images in catalog/images/template_images - worked ok from there but i'm pretty sure it shouldn't have to be that way. i'm sure this is just the disconnect from local development vs remote publishing.

sorry i'm rambling..

I guess ultimately the "full" template that comes with v4.4 isn't working as advertised - so going from simple to complicated, I still don't see the green on the information box when I set the box templates to 'true'. no appreciable change when it's false either, but I guess that's to be expected if it's not working for me!

ok i'll ask my dummy question: i've only installed the default module for STS. The docs say that's all that is necessary to get the infobox template system active. Did I misunderstand, and do I have to install any of the other three to get this going?

the stock infoboxes did work fine at the outset, pre-sts. they still work ;) I haven't modified anything other than installing the few contributions, no direct osc code editing at all. I found STS while looking for some how-to's on modifying the template in the first place.

I will dig up the default css that is no doubt included in the 'full' template folder set and try using that to see! Here's hoping I find that corner image buried in there, and i'll be rid of it once and for all! <evil laugh>

Thanks again!!

sean

ps: Oh and yes, sts.php is in includes/classes

i've installed STS V4.4 and HTC 2.6.2 .

I've followed the instruction of rigadin2's STS4 Power Pack.

It works. but I had a few question.

In STS4 Power Pack , it mentions .

For the catalog side, do NOT follow the HTC instructions, but:

- From the HTC distribution, copy the following files to your store:

- catalog\includes\functions\clean_html_comments.php

- catalog\includes\functions\header_tags.php

- catalog\includes\header_tags.php

it did not mention " catalog/includes/languages/english/header_tags.php " should it be added to the store ?

Besides it has mentioned in HTC 2.6.2 install catalog text , following change for STS users :

MODIFICATIONS TO FILES: (not all shops begin in the catalog directory so adjust to your site)

Add to /catalog/includes/application_top.php at the end of

the file right before the last ?>

// BOF: Header Tags Controller v2.6.0

require(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'header_tags.php');

// Clean out HTML comments from ALT tags etc.

require(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'clean_html_comments.php');

// EOF: Added: Header Tags Controller v2.6.0

NOTE for STS Users: The above also applies to STS shops but does not

always work for some reason. If your STS shop fails, in your

sts_display_output.php file,

FIND

require(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'clean_html_comments.php');

require(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'header_tags.php');

CHANGE TO

require_once(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'clean_html_comments.php');

require_once(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'header_tags.php');

should it be added ?

appreciate if someone may help.

Wow Tracy...you always ask the toughest questions! Sorry, but I'll have to digest this one for awhile before getting back to you. Maybe someone else understands better what you are trying to do? :blink:

LOL - Sorry :blush:

I got it though! What I ended up doing was changing things around a bit (though I did find a bunch of info on how to have PHP in your Product Description on the forums here http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?s=&...st&p=563333). Instead, I am using the same "popup" link / script used in the Agree2Terms contribution. Since I already have Embed Links w/SID in description contribution installed it changed the way that the descriptions were being read (I believe) - so now instead of having little popups on each ingredient I have one new popup window for each product that contains the information on the ingredients and suggested use.

Anyway - it's working - LOL :blush:

~Tracy

In STS4 Power Pack ,it did not mention " catalog/includes/languages/english/header_tags.php " should it be added to the store ?

Yes, it should as well as any other laguage file that you use in your shop.

Besides it has mentioned in HTC 2.6.2 install catalog text , following change for STS users :

should it be added ?

If you are not having any problems, you should stick with the installation instructions in the STS Power Pack. NOTE: I strongly suggest that you download my STSv4.3.3 with HTC 2.6.0 bundle just so that you have a "bundle" version of the STS/HTC User Manual. :thumbsup: The HTC 2.6.0 version instructions would be the same for HTC 2.6.2 so it should not cause you any problems.

It also has some very good installation instructions that you can review to be sure that you installed the two contributions correctly. You can find the above in the STS Power Pack contribution site as well (see link in my signature below).

Edited by bkellum

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

LOL - Sorry :blush:

I got it though! What I ended up doing was changing things around a bit (though I did find a bunch of info on how to have PHP in your Product Description on the forums here http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?s=&...st&p=563333). Instead, I am using the same "popup" link / script used in the Agree2Terms contribution. Since I already have Embed Links w/SID in description contribution installed it changed the way that the descriptions were being read (I believe) - so now instead of having little popups on each ingredient I have one new popup window for each product that contains the information on the ingredients and suggested use.

Anyway - it's working - LOL :blush:

That's good...you had me sweating for a while. :-

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Yes, it should as well as any other laguage file that you use in your shop.

If you are not having any problems, you should stick with the installation instructions in the STS Power Pack. NOTE: I strongly suggest that you download my STSv4.3.3 with HTC 2.6.0 bundle just so that you have a "bundle" version of the STS/HTC User Manual. :thumbsup: The HTC 2.6.0 version instructions would be the same for HTC 2.6.2 so it should not cause you any problems.

It also has some very good installation instructions that you can review to be sure that you installed the two contributions correctly. You can find the above in the STS Power Pack contribution site as well (see link in my signature below).

thanks bill. thanks for your effort and time.

Kate, In STS, you can have either one template to cover every page in your store, or you can create templates for specific pages. It's all up to you.

With that said, the infobox templates work the same way. You should consider the "infobox.php.html" the default template for all infoboxes unless you specifically create a separate infobox template using the name of the infobox you are trying to template such as is the case with the infobox_information.php.html template.

So...in theory, you could just delete the infobox_information.php.html template and the "information.php" infobox will now take on the look of the default infobox template "infobox.php.html". Pretty cool huh? STS gives you as much control as you want or don't want over individual pages and infoboxes.

OK. Now that we got that out of the way...to gid rid of the ugly green around your information.php.html infobox, just edit bgcolor="#00FF00" to whatever color you like or remove this code completely. You may wish to edit your templates in a WYSIWYG editor to visually see these changes.

Thankyou. I've finally sorted it! :thumbsup:

Just one more question. Not sure if this is the right place to post it??? I need to make the link colours in the infoboxes a different colour to the rest of the links on my site. Is there a way to do this? I have tried to do it with my template in dreaweaver, but with no luck, and I have tried the stylesheet but I can't see a way to define the boxes separately with different coloured links.

I'm trying to install STS 4.4 on a machine that has Register_Globals set to off. However when I upload the files from the Zip I get the 'Register Globals needs to be set to On. change your php.ini'. Not exact wording but you know the one I mean.

Prior to uploading those OScommerce worked perfectly. Is there a way around this to get it to work ?

Thanks,

Ben.

Hey,

Help! I really like the look of my site and I don't really want to change the look of it at all. All I want to do is be able to use the shopping cart and inventory features without adding a bunch of infoboxes and extra baggage.

Here are two examples of how I want my page to look:

Home - http://www.ballcardz.com

Product Page - http://ballcardz.com/autocard.html

Here is what I have so far:

http://ballcardz.com/osCommerce/catalog/

I'm okay with the current layout. I couldn't figure out how to make the link text a different color (preferably white and red) and it didn't look good with the green background. I don't want the New Products box to show up at the bottom, or if it does, I want to change the size to a single product line and have the color match the site. I do want all of my category pages to show up like the http://www.ballcardz.com/autocard.html page on my current site.

Please let me know if you can help.

Thanks,

Matt

Hi.

I was wondering if it's possible to create a template for the log-in page (so when you push the - $myaccountlogoff botton it's content will open in a new page...)

right now it replaces the TEXT_MAIN in the index page...

i was able to make templates for products and categories pages, can i do the same for My account page?

thank's in advance

:blush:

Hello,

I have some problems with my installation of STSv4.4. Would some one please help.

My new osCommerce scripts were copied to the public_html folder. I tried to install STSv4.4 and followed the installation instruction:

[if you have a clean osCommerce install, you can just copy the files located in the “Modified_files/catalog” folder over your catalog.]

Here is what I did:

1). Uploaded: modified_files/catalog/admin/includes/boxes/modules.php to the public_html/admin/includes/boxes folder.

2) Uploaded: modified_files/catalog/admin/modules.php to the publicl_html/admin folder.

3) Uploaded: modified_files/catalog/admin/includes/languages/English/modules.php to the public_html/admin/includes/languages/English folder.

I repeated the process until all the files are uploaded to their corresponding folders.

Then, I follow the instruction on how to use STS: Simple, One Page Template

[From the admin panel in your osCommerce store, go to modules – STS. Install and enable the module named "Default".]

Here is the problem. There is no STS module in the Admin panel modules. What happened here? Did I install the files incorrectly? Your advice is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Mlee

Hello,

I have some problems with my installation of STSv4.4. Would some one please help.

My new osCommerce scripts were copied to the public_html folder. I tried to install STSv4.4 and followed the installation instruction:

[if you have a clean osCommerce install, you can just copy the files located in the “Modified_files/catalog” folder over your catalog.]

Here is what I did:

1). Uploaded: modified_files/catalog/admin/includes/boxes/modules.php to the public_html/admin/includes/boxes folder.

2) Uploaded: modified_files/catalog/admin/modules.php to the publicl_html/admin folder.

3) Uploaded: modified_files/catalog/admin/includes/languages/English/modules.php to the public_html/admin/includes/languages/English folder.

I repeated the process until all the files are uploaded to their corresponding folders.

Then, I follow the instruction on how to use STS: Simple, One Page Template

[From the admin panel in your osCommerce store, go to modules – STS. Install and enable the module named "Default".]

Here is the problem. There is no STS module in the Admin panel modules. What happened here? Did I install the files incorrectly? Your advice is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Mlee

Mlee,

You still need to upload the "new" files. These files are new to osCommerce, meaning you currently do not have a file of the same name in the same folder, and relate only to the operation of STS.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Mlee,

You still need to upload the "new" files. These files are new to osCommerce, meaning you currently do not have a file of the same name in the same folder, and relate only to the operation of STS.

Thanks Bill for the help.

Did I upload the "modified_files/catalog" correctly? Should I upload the "new" files the same way as I did with the "modified_files/catalog"?

Mlee

Mlee,

Did I upload the "modified_files/catalog" correctly? Should I upload the "new" files the same way as I did with the "modified_files/catalog"?

Mlee

Mlee

Yes, Mlee, everythings looks to be in order just like it should be done. :thumbsup:

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Yes, Mlee, everythings looks to be in order just like it should be done. :thumbsup:

Hi Bill,

This is very strange. I uploaded the “new” files to their corresponding folders. Including sts and sts_inc files to the public_html/includes/modules folder. However, sts is still not showing up in the store admin control modules. There are only payment, shipping and order total module there. What am I doing wrong?

Regards,

Mlee

Hi,

I recently insatlled the STS4 power pack and I am getting this error in the header tags admin:

/includes/header_tags.php file appear to be incorrect

/includes/languages/english/header_tags.php file appear to be incorrect

I have set the permissions correctly and I have also used a file compare program to check my files against the original contrib and everything is identical.

I have used a "register globals" patch but that is the only mod i have made.

Can somebody please help?

Hi,

I recently insatlled the STS4 power pack and I am getting this error in the header tags admin:

/includes/header_tags.php file appear to be incorrect

/includes/languages/english/header_tags.php file appear to be incorrect

I have set the permissions correctly and I have also used a file compare program to check my files against the original contrib and everything is identical.

I have used a "register globals" patch but that is the only mod i have made.

Can somebody please help?

Lance,

Some hosts look at permission settings differently. Try this: Set the permission settings for the files above to the same permission settings that your images folder is set at.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Hi Bill,

This is very strange. I uploaded the “new” files to their corresponding folders. Including sts and sts_inc files to the public_html/includes/modules folder. However, sts is still not showing up in the store admin control modules. There are only payment, shipping and order total module there. What am I doing wrong?

Regards,

Mlee

You are missing some files. Double check to see that you have each of the files from the "modified" and "new" files sections for both the admin and includes folders. It appears you are missing some files from the admin side.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Hi I'm new to this and have (I hope) a fairly simple problem. I want to have a seperate template for the homepage to the rest of the templates. So i have created shop.php for the default template and selected to have an index (index.php) template too, but it is only using the shop.php file and not using the index.php for the home page? The page name is always index.php anyway, but its definatly using the shop.php page for ALL pages, including what I want to be the homepage.

This is the default settings:

Default template (v1.0.5)

Use Templates?

true

Code for debug output

debug

Files for normal template

sts_user_code.php;product_info.php_26.html

Template folder

full

Default template file

shop.php

Use template for infoboxes

true

And the index settings:

Index template (v1.0.3)

Use template for index page

true

Files for index.php template

sts_user_code.php

Check parent templates

true

Why wont it use my index.php as a template for the homepage, and then use shop.php for anything else? What am I doing wrong?

Cheers

James

Sorry i've answered my own question i was being stupid I just had to rename the index.php to index.php.html.......doh :blink:

NOOO!!! I havent solved anything...whilst it is now using my custom template for the index page, it is also using it if I click anything on the menu (because it is still on index.php when it is showing the category results I guess....if I click on the special offer product that is displyed on the homepage THEN it goes to my other template fine and displays the product info, but if I click any of the categories on my main menu it is just displaying the template with the special offer on (my homepage) and as my homepage doesnt have a $content# thing it is not showing the results of clicking on my menu?

I hope someone out there understands what I am trying to say.

Basically how can I have a homepage which shows nothing but the menu and special offers, and when you click a menu item it goes to my other template (or any other page)...i understand how to do it with the product info but how can i have a seperate page for the category results or whatever its called from clickng a category on the main menu??

Cheers

James