• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] STS v4

Hi team,

Let me know if you can crack this one.

- My site has only a few products, so my home page is already the products info page.

- I have a flash image scroller at the top.

- The idea is to select an image from the flash component and the respective product info would be displayed in the contents area.

I am doing this by calling the right product URL (e.g. http://mydomain//OSCommerce/catalog/produc...?products_id=5) from the respective image within the flash component.

Here's the problem: if I select image number 3, the contents of product number 3 come up perfectly, but since it's reloading the page, the flash obejct is also reloaded, hence going back to its initial state displaying image number 1.

How can I get it not to reload the flash component so it can keep displaying the latest image I've selected?

p.s. To keep it simple, I'm using only sts_template.html which is directly referencing the flash object.

Thanks for any help,

OS

Hi team,

- My site has only a few products, so my home page is already the products info page.

- The idea is to select an image from the flash component and the respective product info would be displayed in the contents area.

I am doing this by calling the right product URL (e.g. http://mydomain//OSCommerce/catalog/produc...?products_id=5) from the respective image within the flash component.

Here's the problem: if I select image number 3, the contents of product number 3 come up perfectly, but since it's reloading the page, the flash obejct is also reloaded, hence going back to its initial state displaying image number 1.

How can I get it not to reload the flash component so it can keep displaying the latest image I've selected?

p.s. To keep it simple, I'm using only sts_template.html which is directly referencing the flash object.

Thanks for any help,

OS

Have you gave any thought to making your header a separate template and then use a PHP include statement to call the page into your sts_template.html?

How to use an "include" file for your header.

Create your header.php.html template.

Place the following code where you want your header to appear in your STS template page:

<?php include("header.php.html"); ?>

This might be what you are looking for.

Hope I helped in some way,

Edited by bkellum

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

Have you gave any thought to making your header a separate template and then use a PHP include statement to call the page into your sts_template.html?

How to use an "include" file for your header.

Create your header.php.html template.

Place the following code where you want your header to appear in your STS template page:

<?php include("header.php.html"); ?>

This might be what you are looking for.

Hope I helped in some way,

Hi bkellum,

Thanks for your reply. I've tried as you suggested but it unfortunatelly has the same behaviour as before. The flash component is still refreshed every time I chose a different product.

Do you know if I can trigger a refresh only on $content, so the rest of the page wouldn't be reloaded?

Thanks,

os

Hi bkellum,

Thanks for your reply. I've tried as you suggested but it unfortunatelly has the same behaviour as before. The flash component is still refreshed every time I chose a different product.

Do you know if I can trigger a refresh only on $content, so the rest of the page wouldn't be reloaded?

Thanks,

os

I'm trying to work this around by having a product_info.php.html that has only $content. Then I include this product_info.php.html in my index.php.html:

<?php include("product_info.php.html"); ?>

Now the question: if I click on a button somewhere in my index.php.html, can I refresh the included product_info.php.html so that it will display the product passed in by the click?

Thanks,

os

I'm trying to work this around by having a product_info.php.html that has only $content. Then I include this product_info.php.html in my index.php.html:

<?php include("product_info.php.html"); ?>

Now the question: if I click on a button somewhere in my index.php.html, can I refresh the included product_info.php.html so that it will display the product passed in by the click?

Thanks,

os

I know you could do this by using frames or an iframe but I do not think this is the way you will want to go. Some cutomers may have their browsers configured not to show frames or for some the frame set may not show up the way you designed it to be. Then again, frames may be just what the doctor ordered for your situation.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

Hi team,

Thanks for any help,

OS

Ok, you will need to edit your header.php file and your login.php file:

Here is the code in header.php:

<?php

if(!tep_session_is_registered('flashbanner'))

{

echo HEADING_BANNER;  //Show Flash Banner

tep_session_register('flashbanner');  //Register the flash banner session so it won't display again.

} 

else

{

echo HEADING_IMAGE;  //Show jpg image

}

?>

Open up login.php.

Around line 45, the session is recreated, then around line 56-60 you will see all those new sessions being created. Just addin your tep_session_register('flashbanner'); right after the customer_zone_id. That will inturn re register it so it will not display.

if (SESSION_RECREATE == 'True') {
	 tep_session_recreate();
	 tep_session_register('flashbanner');

Now once you login, the session is recreated if you have that option set to true in the admin options. What I did was re register the banner session so it DOESN'T display again.Hope this has helped you out or at least pointed you in the right direction.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Umm, a real problem seems to have reared its ugly head.

I've had a fairly smooth install this time around. I had so much stuff that needed updating that I simply re-installed a newer milestone of OSC from the ground up, saving only the database. That enabled me to roll out the new STS/HTC plus updates to some other non-conflicting contribs that I use.

It's been a dream ugrade so far until tonight. I decided I wanted an "about us" page, not having had one before. I followed the usual steps, which I understand as: (a) Create a new "about_us.php" in the catalog main folder, which can be done by copying an existing page and making the few changes needed; (B) Add "about_us" to includes/filenames.php; and © Add "about_us" to includes/languages/english.

I did all of that and created a new STS "About Us" template, which is called "about_us.php.html." Looked great.

My problem is with HTC. When I added my new "About Us" page to HTC, I got a real for true MESS, and I can't seem to clean it up. My "About Us" header looks like this:

<title>HEAD_TITLE_TAG_ABOUTUS</title>

<meta name="Description" content="HEAD_DESC_TAG_ABOUTUS"/>

<meta name="Keywords" content="HEAD_KEY_TAG_ABOUTUS"/>

And further, I cannot delete it from the Page Control page. It shows as being deleted (i.e. does not show in the list of missing pages), but the spurious header is in there and cannot be removed. If I re-add it and attempt to remove it, I get no results.

Debug mode shows the correct headers. Where have I made my error?? I would surely like to clear this up before I add my other custom info pages, and there are quite a lot of them.

Thanks,

Anne

Looks like a problem with about_us changed to aboutus, somewhere in the HTC contribution. You'll have more chances of answer by posting in the HTC forum, as clearly the problem is not with STS.

- Rigadin

Umm, a real problem seems to have reared its ugly head.

I've had a fairly smooth install this time around. I had so much stuff that needed updating that I simply re-installed a newer milestone of OSC from the ground up, saving only the database. That enabled me to roll out the new STS/HTC plus updates to some other non-conflicting contribs that I use.

It's been a dream ugrade so far until tonight. I decided I wanted an "about us" page, not having had one before. I followed the usual steps, which I understand as: (a) Create a new "about_us.php" in the catalog main folder, which can be done by copying an existing page and making the few changes needed; ( B) Add "about_us" to includes/filenames.php; and ? Add "about_us" to includes/languages/english.

I did all of that and created a new STS "About Us" template, which is called "about_us.php.html." Looked great.

My problem is with HTC. When I added my new "About Us" page to HTC, I got a real for true MESS, and I can't seem to clean it up. My "About Us" header looks like this:

<title>HEAD_TITLE_TAG_ABOUTUS</title>

<meta name="Description" content="HEAD_DESC_TAG_ABOUTUS"/>

<meta name="Keywords" content="HEAD_KEY_TAG_ABOUTUS"/>

And further, I cannot delete it from the Page Control page. It shows as being deleted (i.e. does not show in the list of missing pages), but the spurious header is in there and cannot be removed. If I re-add it and attempt to remove it, I get no results.

Debug mode shows the correct headers. Where have I made my error?? I would surely like to clear this up before I add my other custom info pages, and there are quite a lot of them.

Thanks,

Anne

That's a mistake in the original HTC Contribution code. Open up includes/header_tags.php and replace all instances of ABOUTUS with ABOUT_US. It should be OK then.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

I have installed STS 4_3. I have now come across a BIG problem. Once installed, upon refreshing browser all I see is the following error message:

Warning: mysql_connect(): Access denied for user 'osc'@'127.0.0.1' (using password: NO) in \wwwroot\catalog\includes\functions\database.php on line 19

Unable to connect to database server!

STS has been installed onto a clean osc2.2.

When I initially installed osCommerce I was been informed by my host that the server does not support .htaccess files and they should be deleted from osc before upload, the admin directory is secured through server control panel security. Oscommerce has worked fine. Though Of course this meant I had to do the same with STS too, I have removed the .htaccess file. Could this be causing the error? Or am I just doing something wrong?!

I am new to osc so I expect it is something I have done wrong....

Any help would be much appreciated.

Hi,

Recently installed STS 4.3 with HTC. All has gone well - I thought! Shop front all works. But have just one problem left - I can't get into the Admin > Catalog, and am getting this error :-

Parse error: parse error, unexpected $ in /home/www/jonbek.freehostia.com/strange/admin/categories.php on line 1256

(catalog has been renamed strange)

The rest of my admin controls are fine.

I have looked at the .../admin/categories.php and line 1256 is the very last line of my code and is blank.

Anyone know what this error means? Or what I can do to fix it? :(

Thankyou

Hi,

Recently installed STS 4.3 with HTC. All has gone well - I thought! Shop front all works. But have just one problem left - I can't get into the Admin > Catalog, and am getting this error :-

(catalog has been renamed strange)

The rest of my admin controls are fine.

I have looked at the .../admin/categories.php and line 1256 is the very last line of my code and is blank.

Anyone know what this error means? Or what I can do to fix it? :(

Thankyou

On the line above it (1255), do you have an ending
?>

in that line of code?

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

I have installed STS 4_3. I have now come across a BIG problem. Once installed, upon refreshing browser all I see is the following error message:

Warning: mysql_connect(): Access denied for user 'osc'@'127.0.0.1' (using password: NO) in \wwwroot\catalog\includes\functions\database.php on line 19

Unable to connect to database server!

STS has been installed onto a clean osc2.2.

When I initially installed osCommerce I was been informed by my host that the server does not support .htaccess files and they should be deleted from osc before upload, the admin directory is secured through server control panel security. Oscommerce has worked fine. Though Of course this meant I had to do the same with STS too, I have removed the .htaccess file. Could this be causing the error? Or am I just doing something wrong?!

I am new to osc so I expect it is something I have done wrong....

Any help would be much appreciated.

Which version of STS did you install?

If you used STSv4.3 WITH HTCv2.5.9, then you need to run the included database script to update the database.

If you just installed STSv4.3 without HTC, then it appears you screwed up your admin/includes/configure.php file and the includes/configure.php file. STS does not touch these files so you must have done something on your own to cause the username and password as well as the database name to be different than what it was when it was working.

You can try to change 'osc'@'127.0.0.1' to 'localhost' and see if that helps. Check these two files to make sure they are pointing to the correct database, username and password of your osCommerce database.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Sorry, I forgot that New Topic posts in the Category and not the thread;

First, great contribution.

I have modified the sts_template.html and stylesheet.css to get my site, roughly, the way I want it to look and, with STS, it was pretty damn easy.

However, the $myaccountlogoff doesn't seem to be working. Regardless of if I am logged in or not, it remains as My Account and leaves no way to log out of the site, which I thought was a little strange.

I've searched the support thread here and gone through the contrib documentation and haven't found any reference to this problem.

Am I just lucky, or what?

Any help appreciated

No Good Deed EVER Goes Unpunished

Which version of STS did you install?

If you used STSv4.3 WITH HTCv2.5.9, then you need to run the included database script to update the database.

If you just installed STSv4.3 without HTC, then it appears you screwed up your admin/includes/configure.php file and the includes/configure.php file. STS does not touch these files so you must have done something on your own to cause the username and password as well as the database name to be different than what it was when it was working.

You can try to change 'osc'@'127.0.0.1' to 'localhost' and see if that helps. Check these two files to make sure they are pointing to the correct database, username and password of your osCommerce database.

Thanks for the reply.

I installed STS v4.3 SP1. (without HTC)

"then it appears you screwed up your admin/includes/configure.php file and the includes/configure.php file. "

What I don't get is that I installed STS via FTP, then refreshed, thats when I get the error, I have not altered anything? Or is this where I am doing something wrong?

As I say I am new to OSC so bear with me if I am doing soemthing in error.

Thanks in advance..

Thanks for the reply.

I installed STS v4.3 SP1. (without HTC)

"then it appears you screwed up your admin/includes/configure.php file and the includes/configure.php file. "

What I don't get is that I installed STS via FTP, then refreshed, thats when I get the error, I have not altered anything? Or is this where I am doing something wrong?

As I say I am new to OSC so bear with me if I am doing soemthing in error.

Thanks in advance..

You will need to check with your hosting provider the username and password required to access the MySQL database and/or check the catalog/includes/configure.php and catalog/admin/includes/configure.php files for incorrect information. Maybe you uploaded a generic or old version of one/both of the files above and now it is causing you grief. Try turning STS off in the admin. If you are still getting Access Denied error messages then you know it does not have anything to do with STS (which it really doesn't anyway but go ahead and you will see).

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Sorry, I forgot that New Topic posts in the Category and not the thread;

First, great contribution.

I have modified the sts_template.html and stylesheet.css to get my site, roughly, the way I want it to look and, with STS, it was pretty damn easy.

However, the $myaccountlogoff doesn't seem to be working. Regardless of if I am logged in or not, it remains as My Account and leaves no way to log out of the site, which I thought was a little strange.

I've searched the support thread here and gone through the contrib documentation and haven't found any reference to this problem.

Am I just lucky, or what?

Any help appreciated

Rich, Do you have any other contributions installed that have modified the login or account scripts? It appears you have modified code that is conflicting with the STS tag $myaccountlogoff which calls the account.php script.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Rich, Do you have any other contributions installed that have modified the login or account scripts? It appears you have modified code that is conflicting with the STS tag $myaccountlogoff which calls the account.php script.

Bill,

No, nothing. I have Canada Post with Dimensions, which wouldn't effect it, Easy Populate (modified for CPwD) and VCD, none of which affect the log in or account. VCD captures the customer info in a CSV file, but that's it.

Further, if I disable STS and use the standard files, the account, logoff, cart contents and checkout works fine, even with the changes to the stylesheet.css. That's what's so puzzling.

No Good Deed EVER Goes Unpunished

On the line above it (1255), do you have an ending
?>

in that line of code?

Yes, my last few lines of code are......

<!-- footer //-->

<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'footer.php'); ?>

<!-- footer_eof //-->

<br>

</body>

</html>

<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'application_bottom.php'); ?>

You will need to check with your hosting provider the username and password required to access the MySQL database and/or check the catalog/includes/configure.php and catalog/admin/includes/configure.php files for incorrect information. Maybe you uploaded a generic or old version of one/both of the files above and now it is causing you grief. Try turning STS off in the admin. If you are still getting Access Denied error messages then you know it does not have anything to do with STS (which it really doesn't anyway but go ahead and you will see).

You where quite right they where errors in the catalog/includes/configure.php and catalog/admin/includes/configure.php files.

I have put those right now. So thank you for pointing me in the right direction.

Now when I went to install the module in admin, the STS module is not displayed within modules in admin.

All the STS files are present on the server and the STS-inc directory is present in the modules folder.

I am pretty sure I have maybe omitted something from the paths in the configure.php code.

Any help would be much appreciated :)

Is it possible to get multple products(columns) per row on the products page by using STS? Or is that only possible with the "product_listing_columns_2_2" contribution?

Thank you for your time!

apologies if this is painfully obvious... I'm tearing my hair out over here.

I'm trying to do a Google sitemap.

On my non-STS store I used Chemo's on-the-fly contrib, and it worked great.

When I moved to the STS-based redesign it all went to hades in a handbasket (for fun, the output looks like this)

Knowing that the on-the-fly is not Google Sanctioned, I punted to the Official Contrib and am still getting a big mess (see the output).

Somehow STS is interfering ... and I suspect it must be in application_top.php ... but I've been looking at this for so long that I can't see ANYTHING any longer.

I have installed STS 4.2 + HTC 2.5.9 (I'm skeeered to upgrade to 4.3, now that everything else is working great!)

Many thanks in advance for any help (or sympathy!) you can offer.

You where quite right they where errors in the catalog/includes/configure.php and catalog/admin/includes/configure.php files.

I have put those right now. So thank you for pointing me in the right direction.

Now when I went to install the module in admin, the STS module is not displayed within modules in admin.

All the STS files are present on the server and the STS-inc directory is present in the modules folder.

I am pretty sure I have maybe omitted something from the paths in the configure.php code.

Any help would be much appreciated :)

Duncan, OK, glad you have the configure.php problems squared away.

Now for your STS issues:

When a new installation does not create an option in admin/modules to allow the store owner to click on STS, then it usually points to a missing file or folder from the contribution. Re-check each one of the files and make sure you placed them in the correct folders, specifically the sts_inc/modules files and folders.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Bill,

No, nothing. I have Canada Post with Dimensions, which wouldn't effect it, Easy Populate (modified for CPwD) and VCD, none of which affect the log in or account. VCD captures the customer info in a CSV file, but that's it.

Further, if I disable STS and use the standard files, the account, logoff, cart contents and checkout works fine, even with the changes to the stylesheet.css. That's what's so puzzling.

Did you happen to edit your includes/modules/sts_inc/general.php file? Either way, compare this file with the one in the STS contribution to be sure you didn't comment out any of the myaccount tags.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions