• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] STS v4

After removing the file name "headertags.php" from the default, index and products modules my index.php page starting working again, however I now get the same error in my admin/catalog/categories/products page so I am not able to add or edit categories or products.

Thanks

Did you run the database script that came with the contribution to update the database to work with the Header Tags Controller contribution?

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

Hi,

I've just added the sts v4.3 contrib onto my site and when i set the deafult to 'true' in modules I am presented with 'Internet Explorer Cannot display...'

I'm sure i've followed the instructions to a tee.

Can anyone advise?

Many Thanks

D4

Still new to this but determined to learn

I installed STSv4_3 over a new install of osc

When I set Use template for infoboxes to true I get the following

Template file does not exist: [includes/sts_templates/test/boxes/infobox_header.php.html]Template file does not exist: [includes/sts_templates/test/boxes/infobox.php.html]

any ideas.

question 2

I downloaded STSv43_HTC259

should I load everything on my install or start over??

Thanks Dave

Still new to this but determined to learn

I installed STSv4_3 over a new install of osc

When I set Use template for infoboxes to true I get the following

Template file does not exist: [includes/sts_templates/test/boxes/infobox_header.php.html]Template file does not exist: [includes/sts_templates/test/boxes/infobox.php.html]

any ideas.

question 2

I downloaded STSv43_HTC259

should I load everything on my install or start over??

Thanks Dave

Dave,

Question 1: If you want to use the "infobox template" feature, then you need to be sure the "boxes" folder that holds the infobox templates are in your default STS template folder. Currently, your default STS template folder is "test", however, this folder does not include the infobox template folder "boxes". If you want to continue to use the STS "test" folder for your templates, just copy over the catalog/includes/sts_templates/full/boxes folder into your test folder so it would have a directory like this: "catalog/includes/sts_templates/test/boxes".

After doing the above, you will no longer get the error and you will also be able to edit the infobox templates in the "test/boxes/" directory.

Keep in mind, you could always just change your default STS template folder to "full" in the admin panel and store all of your templates there and this would take care of your error message as well.

Question 2: You could just copy everything over your existing install from the "all_files" folder and you will have upgraded to STSv4.3 with HTCv2.5.9.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

great contrib i'm sure but is there a tutorial that tell's you how to use it?

Many Thanks

D4

I've included a User Manual on the contribution page as well as in the package itself.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Can someone please explain the following variable (with an example on how to use it):

$templatedir

I realalize the documentation states "Contains the path to the template folder, without trailing slash." but what does this really mean? Would I use this variable if I wanted my osc to use a particular "images" folder for my templates? Or, maybe point to a particular stylesheet specific to a template page?

Sorry, I'm just a little confused on this one.

Thanks for a great contribution!

Bob

I am trying to slightly re-arrange the way that my subcategories appear on the categories pages. My first goal is simply to get the text for the subcategory to appear underneath of the image for the subcategory (rather than next to it).

I went into index.php and edited the code I believe runs this table:

$rows = 0;
while ($categories = tep_db_fetch_array($categories_query)) {
  $rows++;
  $cPath_new = tep_get_path($categories['categories_id']);
  $width = (int)(100 / MAX_DISPLAY_CATEGORIES_PER_ROW) . '%';
  echo '				<td align="center" class="productListing-data" width="' . $width . '" valign="top"><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, $cPath_new) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $categories['categories_image'], $categories['categories_name'], SUBCATEGORY_IMAGE_WIDTH, SUBCATEGORY_IMAGE_HEIGHT) . '<br>' . $categories['categories_name'] . '</a></td>' . "\n";
  if ((($rows / MAX_DISPLAY_CATEGORIES_PER_ROW) == floor($rows / MAX_DISPLAY_CATEGORIES_PER_ROW)) && ($rows != $number_of_categories)) {
	echo '			  </tr>' . "\n";
	echo '			  <tr>' . "\n";

As you can see, I put a <br> in between the image information and the name information. This shows up in the correct spot if I view the source code of a page.

However; for some reason it seems to be putting the text first, then the image, and neither one is directly above the other :blink:

Is there some other place I should be trying to edit this table to get it to show the subcategories the way I am trying to?

Thanks in advance :)

~Tracy

Todays question.

I got the sts to work for the main page

so far I love it.

Now for my problem, I sure i missed something just can figure it out

STS Modules Default - use templates- true

files for normal template

sts_user_code.php

Template folder full

Defalt template file

sts_template.html

use template for infoboxes

tried both true and false

I download the html, change, it upload and get a new style page

Works great for main page and catalog pages

when I go to checkout, shoppingcart, specials ect.

I get """This is the default template"""" at the top of the page

I'm sure I tried about every combination in the sts true false

is there something I am missing.

Thank you for the help.

David

Hello,

First, thank's for this great contribution. Before I have used the version 4.2 who works perfectly and now I have installed the last version (4.3) with the infoboxes integration. I have now a little bug with my shopping_cart.php page. I don't know why but I have a infoboxheading with the link of reviews.php when my shopping cart are empty. When I disable the infoxboxes in the admin everything works great. I give the link for more details :

http://www.style-ambre.com/shopping_cart.php

If someone can help me thank's in advance and sorry for my bad english...

Greatings from Switzerland :)

Todays question.

I got the sts to work for the main page

so far I love it.

Now for my problem, I sure i missed something just can figure it out

STS Modules Default - use templates- true

files for normal template

sts_user_code.php

Template folder full

Defalt template file

sts_template.html

use template for infoboxes

tried both true and false

I download the html, change, it upload and get a new style page

Works great for main page and catalog pages

when I go to checkout, shoppingcart, specials ect.

I get """This is the default template"""" at the top of the page

I'm sure I tried about every combination in the sts true false

is there something I am missing.

Thank you for the help.

David

Dave, here is a mini-tutorial on how STS templates work.

STS template structure:

It is best to save your default template file as sts_template.html. Then, you would stipulate this in the STS "Default" module in the admin panel. The "sts_template.html" file would be used for all pages in your shop that you have not created a custom template for.

Now, to answer your question about custom templates for specific pages: First you need to understand how STS "searches" to see if a custom template is available. A flow chart has been created in the STS manual to show how this works. As an overview of the process, it works like this:

? If you wanted to create a template for Category 3, which is the "out of the box" osCommerce "Hardware" category, you would create a template and save it as "index.php_3.html".

? Now if you wanted to create a template for a sub-category within a category you would do the following (using the example above):

Create a template and save it as "index.php_3_9.html" to be used as a template for the "out of the box" category "Hardware" and sub-category "Mice". Now this template will be used each time a visitor opens up the "mice" sub-category (sub-category 9) in your store. Keep in mind that the template for Category "Hardware" (Category 1) is totally independent of the template you just created for sub-category 9 "Mice".

Creating templates for specific products is the same but a little different.

? Now let's create a custom template for a specific product in Category 1, sub-category 9, product ID 26. This is the "out of the box" osCommerce "Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer" product. Now we want this product to show the sub-category 9 template, but use a different template for the product content ($content).

Fisrt: Enable the Product Info module in admin.

Create a template and save it as "product_info.php_26.html" to be used as a template for the "out of the box" category 1 "Hardware", Sub-category 9 "Mice", and Product ID 26 "Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer".

Second: Save this template in your template folder/content. For example: your_store/includes/sts_templates/template_folder/content/product_info.php_26.html. This templae with use the header, footer, and side colums of your "index.php_1_9.html" template but use a specific content template "product_info.php_26.html" for this product.

Now if you want the product to have it's own template, minus the parent category, you would simply create a product template and save it in your main template folder along with your other templates such as index.php.html and sts_template.html.

The naming format would be the same as the above "product_info_26.php.html", but this time you will not save it in the "content" folder.

For example: your_store/includes/sts_templates/template_folder/product_info.php_26.html.

I hope by now you are seeing the pattern that STS uses to find templates.

So when a visitor opens a page in your store, such as a product page for product ID 26, STS will first see if there is a "your_store/includes/sts_templates/template_folder/content/product_info.php_26.html" template. If there is such a template, STS will use it. If not, STS will continue the search but this time look for the next higher up template which would be "your_store/includes/sts_templates/template_folder/product_info.php_26.html". If there is such a template, STS will use it. If not, STS will continue the search but this time look for the next higher up template which would be "index.php_1_9.html". If there is such a template, STS will use it. If not, STS will continue the search but this time look for the next higher up template which would be "index.php_1.html". If there is such a template, STS will use it. If not, STS will end it's search and use the "default" template, which unless you have changed the default settings would be "sts_template.html".

I hope this has helped you in understanding how the templating structure works with STS.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

http://www.soundsgoodpro.com

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

hi al, I have a clean os commerce download that I installed 4.3 with header tags over, but i didnt see any STS in my admin module or any where else?

can any one help me ?

thanks

Try the install again. You may have experienced a bad FTP upload or something.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

I am trying to set 'Use Template' to true on the Default module but it keeps coming back without saving the change. What can I do to troubleshoot this? Or can I just get in the database and manually set it to true?
Use the patch on the STS contribution site.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

It seems that my posts gets ignored. :(
Try placing your stylesheet in the default "catalog/stylesheet.css" location and use the following link just to be sure your template is coded correctly:

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="stylesheet.css">

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Hello,

First, thank's for this great contribution. Before I have used the version 4.2 who works perfectly and now I have installed the last version (4.3) with the infoboxes integration. I have now a little bug with my shopping_cart.php page. I don't know why but I have a infoboxheading with the link of reviews.php when my shopping cart are empty. When I disable the infoxboxes in the admin everything works great. I give the link for more details :

http://www.style-ambre.com/shopping_cart.php

If someone can help me thank's in advance and sorry for my bad english...

Greatings from Switzerland :)

Salut, Gruetzi,

I think that everybody using infobox templates has the same problem. It has been mentionned many pages ago but remained unnoticed. The problem is in catalog/shopping_cart.php, where an infobox is built to display a the "empty cart" text. As this is an infobox, a template is used. One solution is to replace this part of code (in catalog/shopping_cart.php):

<td align="center" class="main"><?php new infoBox(array(array('text' => TEXT_CART_EMPTY))); ?></td>

with:

<?php $list_box_contents[0] = array('params' => 'class="productListing-odd"');
		  $list_box_contents[0][] = array('params' => 'class="productListing-data"',
										  'text' => TEXT_CART_EMPTY);
				  new productListingBox($list_box_contents);?>
	</td>

The productListingBox is not using any template, so it should work.

- Rigadin

Ok, you can forget my previous post: the solution is working but now there is a brand new STS v4.3 SP1 to correct the problem of the shopping cart page.

This service pack also corrects the $productsid variable for product_info content template: it was simply never working before.

- Rigadin

Ok, you can forget my previous post: the solution is working but now there is a brand new STS v4.3 SP1 to correct the problem of the shopping cart page.

This service pack also corrects the $productsid variable for product_info content template: it was simply never working before.

- Rigadin

Thanks Chris! STS has come a long way thanks to your insight. :thumbsup:

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Can someone please explain the following variable (with an example on how to use it):

$templatedir

I realalize the documentation states "Contains the path to the template folder, without trailing slash." but what does this really mean? Would I use this variable if I wanted my osc to use a particular "images" folder for my templates? Or, maybe point to a particular stylesheet specific to a template page?

Sorry, I'm just a little confused on this one.

Thanks for a great contribution!

Bob

Anyone? Thanks in advance, Bob

Hi,

Hoping for a little advice. I have just add the newest STS with Headers to my shop but I am getting this error :-

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare clean_html_comments() (previously declared in /home/www/jonbek.freehostia.com/strange/includes/functions/clean_html_comments.php:13) in /home/www/jonbek.freehostia.com/strange/includes/functions/clean_html_comments.php on line 13

(My shop catalog has been renamed strange)

I have lots of contributions previously added on to the shop including Header Tags v2.5.1. Could this be causing errors?

I have no idea where to start looking to find the cause of this error. I have gone over all the files to check I have followed the instructions and read as much of this forum as I could find about this, but have had no luck.

Any help on where to start would be very much appreciated. :'(

Hi,

Hoping for a little advice. I have just add the newest STS with Headers to my shop but I am getting this error :-

(My shop catalog has been renamed strange)

I have lots of contributions previously added on to the shop including Header Tags v2.5.1. Could this be causing errors?

I have no idea where to start looking to find the cause of this error. I have gone over all the files to check I have followed the instructions and read as much of this forum as I could find about this, but have had no luck.

Any help on where to start would be very much appreciated. :'(

A good place to start would be to remove Header Tags v2.5.1, or at least all of the files in the catalog part of the contribution. The only Header Tags catalog files that you need are the following:

- catalog\includes\functions\clean_html_comments.php

- catalog\includes\functions\header_tags.php

- catalog\includes\header_tags.php

You will continue to use all of the Header Tag Admin files.

Usually, A "Redeclare" error means that a file is being called twice, or in other words, a duplicate file.

It would have easier for you to have removed HTC v2.5.1 first, then upgraded to STSv4.3 with HTCv2.5.9.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions