• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] STS v4

Ok cool that info helped alot......now my guestion is I have designed my own html and it looks great, however, the picture for instance on the searchbox with the arrows, comes out huge!! how can I get it to not resize like that?

Sorry, you lost me on that one. What picture are you referring to? If it is an image that you placed in your template, you could just specify the height and width within the HTML of that template.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

haha sorry about that......goto Visit My Website look at the search box on the right
Tom,

Did you change the image settings in your shop's admin (admin, configuration, images)?

I noticed the button images are out of whack as well. I would suggest something such as the following:

Images

Small Image Width...... "blank"

Small Image Height...... 140

Heading Image Width..... "blank"

Heading Image Height..... 40

Subcategory Image Width...... "blank"

Subcategory Image Height..... 57

Calculate Image Size........ true

Image Required......... false

Calculate the size of images?....true

BTW, did you create that horizontal navigation using my step by step with Dynamenu? I love it! ;)

Hope this helped,

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

Tom,

Did you change the image settings in your shop's admin (admin, configuration, images)?

I noticed the button images are out of whack as well. I would suggest something such as the following:

Images

Small Image Width...... "blank"

Small Image Height...... 140

Heading Image Width..... "blank"

Heading Image Height..... 40

Subcategory Image Width...... "blank"

Subcategory Image Height..... 57

Calculate Image Size........ true

Image Required......... false

Calculate the size of images?....true

BTW, did you create that horizontal navigation using my step by step with Dynamenu? I love it! ;)

Hope this helped,

Thanks for the quick reply, I made those changes and still the same result, any other ideas you might thing?

Yes I used the dynamenu and also html to do that, works great!

Thanks for the quick reply, I made those changes and still the same result, any other ideas you might thing?

Another stupid question for everybody.......I am also trying to add some partnerships from other companies and they are sending me there logo's, I can never get them to work........anybody have a clue?? (it shows in frontpage, but not in thepreview or on the site) y?

Andy, I checked your site again and noticed that your style (CSS) is causing the image to distort.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Hi,

I have a small problem. I tried a lot of ways but only found one to accomplish my website.

I need a Default template file (sts_template3.html) for all my oscommerce pages except product_info.php (this one would work with sts_template.html) ... is there a way to do that ?

In my STS Modules, there is Product Info but there are not as many options as Default.

Does anyone know how to make the $categorybox a drop down in frontpage 2002?? I have been trying for awhile now and run out of ideas without hardlinking them into a dropdown box which I want to stay away from.....

Also want to run this by someone.......I want to make a seperate page just for products......would I make a template called product_info.php.html and use the $content feature, or am I thinking wrong?

Hi,

I have a small problem. I tried a lot of ways but only found one to accomplish my website.

I need a Default template file (sts_template3.html) for all my oscommerce pages except product_info.php (this one would work with sts_template.html) ... is there a way to do that ?

In my STS Modules, there is Product Info but there are not as many options as Default.

Hello,

You are "over-thinking" this...it is a lot easier than you could have imagined.....

STS for Dummies (Quick and Dirty Template Explaination...don't take the "Dummies" part personal) :lol:

1) sts_templates.html

This sets the general look and feel for your entire site.

This is the only required template if you only want to use ONE template for everything.

If you want to further customize your site, then you can also create:

2) index.php_0.html

This is the template to use for your home page.

NOTE: You must have the Index Module enabled in the admin to use this feature as well as check the "Use Parent Templates" in the admin.

3) index.php_???.html

These are the templates for specific categories, where ??? should be replaced by the cPath for the category.

NOTE: You must have the Index Module enabled in the admin to use this feature as well as check the "Use Parent Templates" in the admin.

HINT: View your shop in a browser and click on a category. You should see what the cpath is in the Browser Address Bar window.

4) product_info.php.html

This is the generic product_info template. Use this if you want ONE template to be used for ALL of your products.

NOTE: You must have the Product Info Module enabled in the admin.

5) product_info.php_???.html

This lets you set a product_info template by category. ??? should be replaced by the cPath.

6) content/product_info.php_???.html

This lets you set a product_info template by product id. ??? should be replaced by the product id for the item.

NOTE: You must have this template located in the "content" folder of your template folder.

7) index.php_mfr.html

This lets you set a generic template for the manufacturer pages.

8) index.php_mfr_???.html

This lets you set a specific template for the manufacturer page. ??? should be replaced with the manufacturerID of the manufacturer page.

OK. Please realize that the above was quick and probably dirty.

This should get you started in the right direction though.

Have fun making those templates,

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Does anyone know how to make the $categorybox a drop down in frontpage 2002?? I have been trying for awhile now and run out of ideas without hardlinking them into a dropdown box which I want to stay away from.....

Also want to run this by someone.......I want to make a seperate page just for products......would I make a template called product_info.php.html and use the $content feature, or am I thinking wrong?

Tom,

This one is way too easy....are you ready....here ya go...

Use the $catmenu tag. :lol: (I'm not making fun...just thought you would be excited that the solution is already available "out of the box".

-------------------------------------------------------------

$catmenu = Drop-down list of existing categories. Redirect to the selected category.

:- It takes time to generate this placeholder as it is scrolling through all the categories. It is recommended to remove its code if you don't use it.

The tag itself is created in: includes/modules/sts_inc/sts_user_code.php

Possible use: place in header for fast navigation through categories.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Have fun,

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Tom,

This one is way too easy....are you ready....here ya go...

Use the $catmenu tag. :lol: (I'm not making fun...just thought you would be excited that the solution is already available "out of the box".

-------------------------------------------------------------

$catmenu = Drop-down list of existing categories. Redirect to the selected category.

:- It takes time to generate this placeholder as it is scrolling through all the categories. It is recommended to remove its code if you don't use it.

The tag itself is created in: includes/modules/sts_inc/sts_user_code.php

Possible use: place in header for fast navigation through categories.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Have fun,

Lol ok I feel stupid...........duh!!!!!.............okay so I suck at php! so here it my last question hopefully......currently I am using my index.php as my first page and sort of introduction.........when I select a catergory I want it to gotoa different page instead on index.php using the $content(I dont want any products on the index.php)........can you do that?

Tom, opps..I called you Andy in a few posts back (sorry). :blush:

Your image problem lies with a CSS Class width of 182px. Do a search on your site for 182px starting with your stylesheet file and then into the source code.

I'm finding the following three classes may have something to do with it:

INPUT {

SELECT {

TEXTAREA {

Each of the three classes above have the width set to 182px. One of these classes is controlling your buttons.

Hope this helped,

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Lol ok I feel stupid...........duh!!!!!.............okay so I suck at php! so here it my last question hopefully......currently I am using my index.php as my first page and sort of introduction.........when I select a catergory I want it to gotoa different page instead on index.php using the $content(I dont want any products on the index.php)........can you do that?

Tom, Don't feel bad about your PHP skills. We were all there at one time. :thumbsup:

Yes, you can definitely do what you are wanting to do and it is a very common method.

First, consider creating a home page template called index.php_0.html. Use this page for your first page and introduction. You can add/remove anything you want in this page. You do not even need to put the $content tag in there if you want to keep it a static page.

Now, for each of your categories, create a separate template as so: index.php_1.html (for category one), index.php_2.html (for category two) and index.php_23.html (for category 23). Each specific category template will be called when a user selects that category. Also, create a general category template for all category pages that do not have a specific template for it and call it index.php.html (an all purpose category page).

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Okay, I found 2 other problems ! :(

1st. On your website, it's written dontations and we write it donations haha

2nd. http://rev9autosport.com/shop/advanced_sea...?keywords=salut <-- Please check this, is there a way to have a smaller drop down menu ? It's been like 1h I try to find how we change that and I can't figure how.

Tom, Don't feel bad about your PHP skills. We were all there at one time. :thumbsup:

Yes, you can definitely do what you are wanting to do and it is a very common method.

First, consider creating a home page template called index.php_0.html. Use this page for your first page and introduction. You can add/remove anything you want in this page. You do not even need to put the $content tag in there if you want to keep it a static page.

Now, for each of your categories, create a separate template as so: index.php_1.html (for category one), index.php_2.html (for category two) and index.php_23.html (for category 23). Each specific category template will be called when a user selects that category. Also, create a general category template for all category pages that do not have a specific template for it and call it index.php.html (an all purpose category page).

Cool thanks for all the help......you should see a donation in the next few days from me.......as far as that css files, it is not making since to me (I see the 182px problem, when I seperate out the indivdual groups and change the px that cures the problem of the quicksearch, however on the left site where the contact_us part in one column of the $content is perfect size and the other side is supersmall.........basically when you go to Visit My Website the "continue" button is perfect but the "sign in" button gets supersmall with the quicksearch and some of the input boxes.......can I send you the css file and see if you can take a crack at it? Why would the $content do two seperate colums or shoot I dont know, I am lost lol

Edited by tomandwendy

Okay, I found 2 other problems ! :(

1st. On your website, it's written dontations and we write it donations haha

2nd. http://rev9autosport.com/shop/advanced_sea...?keywords=salut <-- Please check this, is there a way to have a smaller drop down menu ? It's been like 1h I try to find how we change that and I can't figure how.

Maxime, good catch on the spelling error. Wish to donate more for spelling lessons. :lol:

As for your drop down size, you currently have it set to 460px. The CSS Class that is being used is "fieldValue". The select form is what is being set to 460px and that is screwing up your design.

Do a search in your stylesheet for 460px or fieldValue in your source code.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Cool thanks for all the help......you should see a donation in the next few days from me.......as far as that css files, it is not making since to me (I see the 182px problem, when I seperate out the indivdual groups and change the px that cures the problem of the quicksearch, however on the left site where the contact_us part in one column of the $content is perfect size and the other side is supersmall.........basically when you go to Visit My Website the "continue" button is perfect but the "sign in" button gets supersmall with the quicksearch and some of the input boxes.......can I send you the css file and see if you can take a crack at it? Why would the $content do two seperate colums or shoot I dont know, I am lost lol
The $content tag is doing it's job...pulling in whatever is hardcoded or styled in CSS. I think in your case it is both hardcoded and styled....unfortunately that is what occurs with purchased templates from poor coders.

Have you given the Free IE Toolbar a try? It will point you to the problem and it is very easy to use. You do not need to be a developer to use it. It can be turned on and off at will in your browser and could save you a ton of time when troubleshooting.

Here is the link: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;displaylang=en

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Nacman,

This variable is defined "out of the box"....

$optionnames

The option names (color, size, ...) followed by a linebreak. Empty if no options available.

This placeholder is to be used in conjunction with $optionchoices, which displays the drop-down lists containing the option choices (blue, red, X, XL, ...).

$optionchoices

The option choices (blue, red, X, XL, ...) followed by a linebreak. Empty if no options available.

This placeholder is to be used in conjunction with $optionnames, which displays the name of the options (color, size, ...).

Place these two placeholders in a 2 columns html table, one column for each placeholder, so the option name and its correponding drop-down list will be aligned.

These placeholders are all built in catalog/includes/modules/sts_inc/product_info.php

So... I guess I'm not sure what you are wanting to do with these tags. They automatically show up if the product has options, if not, then they will not display anything. Do they not work for you?

No sir they work fine :),

They reason I want to test for them, as you say, if they don't hae a value they don't display. I have built a a table inside that has those variables in it, but the table

is empty looking obviously when those variable are empty, so by testing if they are empty, I can "spruce" up the drawn table with something else.

It would be better to visit these two pages to see the difference.

Here is a product that has options for color and the table looks "busy"

http://creativenestings.com/osc22rc1/catal...;products_id=35

Here is a product that has no options, and the table needs some "sprucing" up as it is basically blank

http://creativenestings.com/osc22rc1/catal...;products_id=43

I just want to be able to put some text in that box for product where there is no options available for it.

The variables work perfect....I just want to create html code for them if the are empty.

I hope that better explains what I want to do.

I am trying to use ONE template, as I know I could build individual templates for each product, but would prefer to use a default

one for all products.

Thanks sir.

Nacman

p.s. I have rang your bell enough, you've got paypal :)

Edited by Nacman

OK..you installed a bundled contribution so you would need to ask your questions in that particular support thread for that bundle.

:thumbsup: Here is the link:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...=267541&hl=

Hopefully the contribution author is still around to assist you.

Thanks for your help, have now asked the same question in that topic thread.

I have just installed STS followed the install copied Files for MS2 over a fresh osCommerce 2.2MS2 (060817) installation.

and copied all these below from the STS folder into my store,

catalog\includes\classes\sts.php

catalog\includes\functions\sts.php

folder catalog\includes\languages\english\modules\sts (plus all other languages you may have in your setup)

folder catalog\includes\modules\sts

folder catalog\includes\modules\sts_inc

folder catalog\includes\sts_templates

doubled and tripled checked but in the Admin area under modules STS

only shows "Module Directory: C:/xampp/htdocs/catalog//includes/modules/sts/" and nothing more. when i install ms2 i have to install a htacess contrib from Vger to enable register_globals as i was getting this error when i installed MS2 over my new install on my main page

any help would be greatly appreciated

thanks

Paul

Edited by lamai30

Thanks bill for the help, I am working on that resizing thing now......one more question, I created the index.php_0.html and if I upload to my sts_template/full folder, when I type http://www.icecreamwarehouse.com/index.php_0.html (forgot to add, but if I use http://www.icecreamwarehouse.com/catalog/i...ndex.php_0.html it works fine.....but was hoping not to use that big of a link) it shows a 404 error, I read the documentation to look for some direction if I needed to add something to the user_code.php and did not find much (more than likely did not understand haha) information on it........also nows when I goto the index.php and click on login.php link......it shows this error at the top.........I looked line 21 and did not see mcuh help there, where did I go wrong?

Warning: main(includes/modules/sts_inc/index.php_0.html) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/icecream/public_html/catalog/includes/modules/sts_inc/sts_display_output.php on line 21

Warning: main(includes/modules/sts_inc/index.php_0.html) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/icecream/public_html/catalog/includes/modules/sts_inc/sts_display_output.php on line 21

Warning: main() [function.include]: Failed opening 'includes/modules/sts_inc/index.php_0.html' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/icecream/public_html/catalog/includes/modules/sts_inc/sts_display_output.php on line 21

Edited by tomandwendy

Thanks bill for the help, I am working on that resizing thing now......one more question, I created the index.php_0.html and if I upload to my sts_template/full folder, when I type http://www.icecreamwarehouse.com/index.php_0.html (forgot to add, but if I use http://www.icecreamwarehouse.com/catalog/i...ndex.php_0.html it works fine.....but was hoping not to use that big of a link) it shows a 404 error, I read the documentation to look for some direction if I needed to add something to the user_code.php and did not find much (more than likely did not understand haha) information on it........also nows when I goto the index.php and click on login.php link......it shows this error at the top.........I looked line 21 and did not see mcuh help there, where did I go wrong?

Warning: main() [function.include]: Failed opening 'includes/modules/sts_inc/index.php_0.html' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/icecream/public_html/catalog/includes/modules/sts_inc/sts_display_output.php on line 21

Couple of errors on your part.

1. You added a template name in the files to include in the STS Modules. Don't do that. :thumbsup:
  2. Your other problem is related to the first. You should be using http://www.icecreamwarehouse.com/catalog/index.php as your home page of your shop. If you have a index.php_o.html template, then it will be used in the http://www.icecreamwarehouse.com/catalog/index.php link. This page will also be called by using the the following STS tag:

$cataloglogo
    Image with link to index.php. Multilanguage.
    The image is header_logo.gif, located in [template folder/]images/english (and other languages).

Created in: includes/modules/sts_inc/general.php
    Possible use: Button "Home" in header.
    See also: $urlcataloglogo if you don't need the multilanguage feature.

If you are using the breadcrumb feature, then the "catalog" text will be linked to index.php_0.html as well. The breadcrumb "Top" text will be linked to your domain root (http://www.icecreamwarehouse.com/index.html).

If you want your home page to be a non osCommerce page, (such as an index.html page) then you would simply create whatever HTML page you desire and place it in the root of your web (http://www.icecreamwarehouse.com/index.html). If you do this, then you will need to create a link to your shop from there and it would not include any osC functionallity.

Hope this helped,

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

I have just installed STS followed the install copied Files for MS2 over a fresh osCommerce 2.2MS2 (060817) installation.

and copied all these below from the STS folder into my store,

catalog\includes\classes\sts.php

catalog\includes\functions\sts.php

folder catalog\includes\languages\english\modules\sts (plus all other languages you may have in your setup)

folder catalog\includes\modules\sts

folder catalog\includes\modules\sts_inc

folder catalog\includes\sts_templates

doubled and tripled checked but in the Admin area under modules STS

only shows "Module Directory: C:/xampp/htdocs/catalog//includes/modules/sts/" and nothing more. when i install ms2 i have to install a htacess contrib from Vger to enable register_globals as i was getting this error when i installed MS2 over my new install on my main page

any help would be greatly appreciated

thanks

Paul

Paul, you are having some osCommerce configuration issues, possibly from the htacess you created (notice the double slash "//" in your catalog path? Is there a reason why you do not want to use osC RC1 which works with or without register globals?

Regarding the double slash: I think the problems actually lies in the following file:

This line in admin/includes/configure.php or includes/configure.php:

define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', '/blah/blah/blah/catalog/'); // where the pages are located on the server

Should be:

define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', '/blah/blah/blayh/catalog'); // where the pages are located on the server

No trailing SLASH after catalog...

Hope this helped,

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions