• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] STS v4

I would have to disagree. The layout wouldn't be a problem. Your variable defines are the issue. Use the stock variables to confirm this. If they work, then your custom variables are the problem. Look there to find your fix.

Hey Bill, you got it!!

The problem was the custom variables.

I just left the $login and $content variables, and now it is posting normally.

But I got a doubt, hope you can clarify it. I put a "welcome %s" in the login area and still do not work. On the other hand, the "welcome %s" in $content is being shown correctly. Could you explain me how to call "username" ?

And last thing, how do I call only the "flags" language? I did the code below and the flags were being displayed with no problem, but maybe there is a construction problem. Could you tell me if is that correct?

$sts->template['bandeiras'] = $languages_string;

Thanks in advance

I would have to disagree. The layout wouldn't be a problem. Your variable defines are the issue. Use the stock variables to confirm this. If they work, then your custom variables are the problem. Look there to find your fix.

What STS version do you use in your SGPv3 package?

Hi Bill

Did you receive my email?

I am getting an error when unziping the SGPv3 package, it seems corrupted.

Please answer my email asap.

Thanks

If your Click to Enlarge link worked prior to STS, it should still work now. Be sure you have the required STS tags in the head section of your template to pull in your JavaScript, Metatags, etc. (look at the sample templates).

Thanks bkellum

When you said 'sample templates', I thought you were talking about the STS sample templates so I spent a long while looking down a blind alley. When I finally opened up the product_info.php in the catalog folder, I just copy/pasted the javascript in the <head> there into my STS template's <head> and it worked. It's weird because I thought I'd done that before and it hadn't worked, but clearly I spent so much time trying to find an answer that I must've been cutting corners all over the place. Now that I've sorted that out, I can finally start installing the lightbox add-on!

Hi Bill

Did you receive my email?

I am getting an error when unziping the SGPv3 package, it seems corrupted.

Please answer my email asap.

Thanks

whistling.gif Please remember that this forum is for osCommerce only and each thread is for support for each of it's contributions but under no circumstances and this forum be used for tech support for any of the osCommerce bundles not directly available on the osCommerce.com site.

I provide tech support for any of my products via my website or direct email only so please do not get any of us banned from these helpfull forums. thumbsup.gif

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

Hi!

Thanks everybody! STS is a great contribution.

Sorry but I find a standard bug in checkout_confirmation.php. Firefox and other web browsers can handle the problem, but IE cant.

STS "form" replace miss the </form> html end tag, so if I switch on box as like catagories or language or other get input box with "form - get" interaction the page will be broken in Internet Explorer.

I think something is wrong with catalog/includes/functions/sts.php sts_strip_content_tags() function.

checkout_confirmation HTML look without STS about in 213 line:

</tr>
</table></form></td>
<!-- body_text_eof //-->

and with STS:

</tr>
</table>
<!-- end Default Content //-->

I think the replace method wrong for checkout_confirmation.php.

Could you help me?

www.kep-tar.eu_122388960_checkout_confirmation_STS_error_in_IE.jpg

:blink:
osCommerce based shop owner with minimal design and focused on background works. When the less is more.
Email managment with tracking pixel, package managment for shipping, stock management, warehouse managment with bar code reader, parcel shops management on 3000 pickup points without local store.

You must have made some changes to your shop regarding the checkout process that added some code that was not coded per osCommerce standards. That is the only way your page would get broken like that. It does not do that with a stock osC RC2a shop with STSv4.6 installed.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

You must have made some changes to your shop regarding the checkout process that added some code that was not coded per osCommerce standards. That is the only way your page would get broken like that. It does not do that with a stock osC RC2a shop with STSv4.6 installed.

I dont think so. This is one test shop with origin STS4.6 and 2.2RC2a. I'm testing more shops and find with it STS4.5.8 too. The categories box is extended now but checkout process.php not. If I turn off categories box the problem persists. I have to turn off language and search boxes to solve page breaking.

I found this problem 1 year later, but now it is critical for me. Please try to look at in firebug HTML codes or something else the checkout_process.php and for example checkout_payments.php. The </form> tag dont exist when STS is on.

At this moment I turn off "form" boxes, and generate one checkout_confirmation.php.html for it. I would like to say that this is critical only in IE web browsers. These users cant see the correct page, when load checkout_confirmation page.

osCommerce based shop owner with minimal design and focused on background works. When the less is more.
Email managment with tracking pixel, package managment for shipping, stock management, warehouse managment with bar code reader, parcel shops management on 3000 pickup points without local store.

I dont think so. This is one test shop with origin STS4.6 and 2.2RC2a. I'm testing more shops and find with it STS4.5.8 too. The categories box is extended now but checkout process.php not. If I turn off categories box the problem persists. I have to turn off language and search boxes to solve page breaking.

I found this problem 1 year later, but now it is critical for me. Please try to look at in firebug HTML codes or something else the checkout_process.php and for example checkout_payments.php. The </form> tag dont exist when STS is on.

At this moment I turn off "form" boxes, and generate one checkout_confirmation.php.html for it. I would like to say that this is critical only in IE web browsers. These users cant see the correct page, when load checkout_confirmation page.

What do you mean you turn off "form" boxes?

Also, from the image you posted earlier, I see your boxes are all screwed up. This is NOT a default osCommerce RC2a shop. You made some changes that is effecting the layout. I have tested STSv4.5.8 as well as STSv4.6 in IE and Firefox with no layout issues that you are seeing.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Actually, the problem lies with the Freeosc_009 template. All of the other template sets are not effected by this so the problem lies within that specific sample template set.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Here is a quick fix for your checkout_confirmation.php file that is causing the problem with this particular template set (freeosc_009):

Backup your website before making any changes.

Download a copy of your current checkout_confirmation.php file and open it using your favorite PHP Editor.

Find the following code around line 111:

<!-- body_text //-->
<td width="100%" valign="top"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
 	<tr>
   	<td>
<?php
 if (isset($$payment->form_action_url)) {
$form_action_url = $$payment->form_action_url;
 } else {
$form_action_url = tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PROCESS, '', 'SSL');
 }

echo tep_draw_form('checkout_confirmation', $form_action_url, 'post');
?>
   	<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
     	<tr>
       	<td class="pageHeading"><?php echo HEADING_TITLE; ?></td>

And replace it with the following:

<!-- body_text //-->
<td width="100%" valign="top">
<?php /* BOF: STS checkout page break fix */
 if (isset($$payment->form_action_url)) {
$form_action_url = $$payment->form_action_url;
 } else {
 }

?>
 	<tr>
   	<td>
<?php /* EOF: STS checkout page break fix */ ?>
     	<tr>

Save the file and upload it to your server, replacing the old checkout_confirmation.php file.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Hey Bill, you got it!!

The problem was the custom variables.

I just left the $login and $content variables, and now it is posting normally.

But I got a doubt, hope you can clarify it. I put a "welcome %s" in the login area and still do not work. On the other hand, the "welcome %s" in $content is being shown correctly. Could you explain me how to call "username" ?

And last thing, how do I call only the "flags" language? I did the code below and the flags were being displayed with no problem, but maybe there is a construction problem. Could you tell me if is that correct?

$sts->template['bandeiras'] = $languages_string;

Thanks in advance

I answered this one a while back....

Insert Customer Name Post#4785

Ever want to add the customer name somewhere on your template page?

Add the following code in your includes/modules/sts_inc/general.php file:

$sts->start_capture();  
if ( tep_session_is_registered('customer_first_name') && tep_session_is_registered('customer_id') ) {
   	echo tep_output_string_protected($customer_first_name);  }
 $sts->stop_capture ('customername');

Now add the new STS tag $customername$ wherever you want it in your template to output the customer's name. You could easily add it to a text line for example:

Welcome $customername$ to our online store. Use CSS to style it anyway you like.

Easy huh?

And if you want to add text to the customer name to have the whole thing show up only when the customer is logged in:

$sts->start_capture();

if ( tep_session_is_registered('customer_first_name') && tep_session_is_registered('customer_id') ) {
       echo 'Hello ' . tep_output_string_protected($customer_first_name);
 }
 $sts->stop_capture ('customername');

The above will print out the following only when the customer is logged in:

Hello Bob

Add any style you want in your template:

<td class="pageHeading">$customername</td>

Edited by bkellum

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Here is a quick fix for your checkout_confirmation.php file that is causing the problem with this particular template set (freeosc_009):

Backup your website before making any changes.

Download a copy of your current checkout_confirmation.php file and open it using your favorite PHP Editor.

Find the following code around line 111:

<!-- body_text //-->
<td width="100%" valign="top"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
	<tr>
	<td>
<?php
if (isset($payment->form_action_url)) {
$form_action_url = $payment->form_action_url;
} else {
}

?>
	<tr>

And replace it with the following:

<!-- body_text //-->
<td width="100%" valign="top">
<?php /* BOF: STS checkout page break fix */
if (isset($payment->form_action_url)) {
$form_action_url = $payment->form_action_url;
} else {
}

?>
	<tr>
	<td>
<?php /* EOF: STS checkout page break fix */ ?>
	<tr>

Save the file and upload it to your server, replacing the old checkout_confirmation.php file.

Thanks a lot!!! :thumbsup: This is HTML valid "</form>" close tag in all STS pages! The oscommerce original code was not comform for STS or the RC2.2a not follows the osCommerce standards?

Edited by Gergely

Help. I used Fantastico to install the 2.2RCa version with SafeBuy. After I do the file transfers of the RC2 folder I get this error when accessing the store:

Warning: require(includes/classes/navigation_history.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/epicg0/public_html/wholesale/admin/includes/application_top.php on line 128

Warning: require(includes/classes/navigation_history.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/epicg0/public_html/wholesale/admin/includes/application_top.php on line 128

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'includes/classes/navigation_history.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/epicg0/public_html/wholesale/admin/includes/application_top.php on line 128

I dont get it. Please PM and post here if you can help

Edited by epicgraphics

Help. I used Fantastico to install the 2.2RCa version with SafeBuy. After I do the file transfers of the RC2 folder I get this error when accessing the store:

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'includes/classes/navigation_history.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/epicg0/public_html/wholesale/admin/includes/application_top.php on line 128

I dont get it. Please PM and post here if you can help

This is a code error in the osCommerce core. See this link for details.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

I want to create a template for the review pages (product_reviews.php, product_reviews_info.php) but I am unsure on how to go about this and I've searched and found some info but not 100% clear on what I need to do.

What I want to be able to do is to create a content template for the two above files. I like the layout I have in the sts_template.html and I just want to create content templates much like you create a content template for product_info.php.html.

I thought all you had to do was to create the product_reviews.php.html and product_reviews_info.php.html files and put them into the sts_templates/mytemplate/content/ directory. But this doesn't work.

Can it be done this way? What am I missing?

Thanks

Hi Bill

I am using banner manager and I'd like to know if I've constructed it correctly for STS:

$sts->start_capture();

echo "\n<!-- Banners -->\n";

require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'column_banner.php');

echo "<!-- End Banners -->\n";

$sts->stop_capture('mybanner');

It's not working when I call $mybanner$...

Is the problem on the STS code construction or my banner script?

Thanks in advance

Kelson

Important Posts for the STS newbie:

Post #3755: http://forums.oscomm...p;#entry1226986

Post #4326: http://forums.oscomm...p;#entry1303555

Post #4974: http://forums.oscomm...p;#entry1361366

Post #3772: http://forums.oscomm...p;#entry1227769

Post #3757: http://forums.oscomm...p;#entry1227006

Please review the above for insight on how the Simple Template System allows you to make templates for pages, categories, home page, products and infoboxes.

Hope this was helpful,

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Hi, duz somebody uses Fancier Invoice & Packingslip v1.0

It works good without sts, but not when you are using print invoice on the customer side...

When you click on print invoice you see in the popup screen some screwed-up pieces from the index and some pieces from the invoice.

You should only see the invoice details but pieces from rest of the site, when sts is turned of it works perfect.

I did a lot of searchin' but didn't find a decent answer

Don't know how to fix it...

Hi, duz somebody uses Fancier Invoice & Packingslip v1.0

It works good without sts, but not when you are using print invoice on the customer side...

When you click on print invoice you see in the popup screen some screwed-up pieces from the index and some pieces from the invoice.

You should only see the invoice details but pieces from rest of the site, when sts is turned of it works perfect.

I did a lot of searchin' but didn't find a decent answer

Don't know how to fix it...

Allready found the answer...

In the sts_default.php file, find the following code:

if (strstr($scriptbasename, "popup")|| strstr($scriptbasename, "info_shopping_cart"))
  return ''; // We don't use template for these scripts

Replace with:

if (strstr($scriptbasename, "popup") || strstr($scriptbasename, "print_my_invoice")|| strstr($scriptbasename, "info_shopping_cart"))          
return ''; // We don't use template for these scripts	

Thanks to B. Kellum

I have another problem with the css menu

The only helpfull info that i could find was:

you have to copy all the CSS code out of the php file in this cotribution and paste it

into your actual CSS file. Then copy the javascript part (right after the CSS in the same file)

and paste that into ALL your templates for STS.

So...if you have built any additional templates for categories, or whatever,

make sure you add the javascript to each of them, Then it will work fine with STS...

So i took the CSS from categories_css.php the CSS and copied it to the style sheet (Both Catalog & STS)

/*Credits: Dynamic Drive CSS Library */
/*URL: http://www.dynamicdrive.com/style/ */

.suckerdiv ul{
margin: 0;
padding: 0;
list-style-type: none;
width: 200px; /* Width of Menu Items */
border-bottom: 1px solid #555555;
font-family: arial;
font-size: 12px;
}

.suckerdiv ul li{
position: relative;
background-color: #222222;
}

/*1st level sub menu style */
.suckerdiv ul li ul{
left: 199px; /* Parent menu width - 1*/
position: absolute;
width: 200px; /*sub menu width*/
top: 0;
display: none;
}

/*All subsequent sub menu levels offset */
.suckerdiv ul li ul li ul{
}

.suckerdiv ul li ul li a{
}

.suckerdiv ul li ul li ul li a{
}

.suckerdiv ul li ul li ul li ul li a{
}

/* menu links style */
.suckerdiv ul li a{
display: block;
color: yellow;
text-decoration: none;
padding: 1px 5px;
border: 1px solid #555555;
border-bottom: 0;
line-height: 1.75em;
}

.suckerdiv ul li a:hover{
background-color: yellow;
color: black;
}

.suckerdiv ul li ul li a:hover{
}

.suckerdiv ul li ul li ul li a:hover{
}

/* The main categories with sub-categories */
.suckerdiv .subfolderstyle{
background: url(images/arrow-list.gif) no-repeat center right;
}

/* This one colors the sub-folder with other sub-folders */
.suckerdiv ul li ul .subfolderstyle {
}

.suckerdiv ul li ul li ul .subfolderstyle {
}

.suckerdiv ul li ul li ul li ul .subfolderstyle {
}

/* Holly Hack for IE \*/
* html .suckerdiv ul li { float: left; height: 1%; }
* html .suckerdiv ul li a { height: 1%; }
/* End */

Then i took the java from catgories_css.php and copied into the sts templates index.php.html & product_info.php.html

<script type="text/javascript">

//SuckerTree Vertical Menu (Aug 4th, 06)
//By Dynamic Drive: http://www.dynamicdrive.com/style/

var menuids=["suckertree1"] //Enter id(s) of SuckerTree UL menus, separated by commas

function buildsubmenus(){
for (var i=0; i<menuids.length; i++){
 var ultags=document.getElementById(menuids[i]).getElementsByTagName("ul")
   for (var t=0; t<ultags.length; t++){
   ultags[t].parentNode.getElementsByTagName("a")[0].className="subfolderstyle"
   ultags[t].parentNode.onmouseover=function(){
   this.getElementsByTagName("ul")[0].style.display="block"
   }
   ultags[t].parentNode.onmouseout=function(){
   this.getElementsByTagName("ul")[0].style.display="none"
   }
   }
 }
}

if (window.addEventListener)
window.addEventListener("load", buildsubmenus, false)
else if (window.attachEvent)
window.attachEvent("onload", buildsubmenus)

</script>

But there no css menu comin' up? when sts is turned of it show the css menu..

Any thoughts?

Got it working!

had to rename categories_css.php to categories.php

But i don't can't get it working correctly with my ststemplate :(

because my div side_menu has a width of 200px.

so it cuts off the lenght of the sub menu in the css categories, because it reaches the limit of the max width of the div.

Increasing the lenght of the div will screwup my template.

Is there a way that the css menu can overleap the div so it overleaps the content div..

• 2 weeks later...

Important Posts for the STS newbie:

Post #3755: http://forums.oscomm...p;#entry1226986

Post #4326: http://forums.oscomm...p;#entry1303555

Post #4974: http://forums.oscomm...p;#entry1361366

Post #3772: http://forums.oscomm...p;#entry1227769

Post #3757: http://forums.oscomm...p;#entry1227006

Please review the above for insight on how the Simple Template System allows you to make templates for pages, categories, home page, products and infoboxes.

Hope this was helpful,

Hello Bill

I have read all your posts above and also the STS documentation and still didn't solve my new problem, hope you can help me or at least give me some direction.

I created a sts capture for my banner and it's working fine.

Everytime I call $banner$ it shows with no problem:

$sts->start_capture();

require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'column_banner.php');

$sts->stop_capture('banner');

However, I want to call the banner infobox for design purpose. I created a file named "infobox_banner.php.html" and put it in mytemplate/boxes folder. Did not work. The Infoboxes in STS Module is set to TRUE and some infoboxes like currencies and languages are working perfectly (e.g. infobox_currencies.php.html).

Am I missing something? Should I insert some piece of code somewhere else to make my banner infobox to work?

Please help

Kelson