• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] STS v4

What's this proper variable you've mentioned? I'm pretty sure I haven't added anything to my sts template while trying to install HTC?

Thanks

Becki

Becki, I'm referring to the variables
<html $htmlparams>

and

<!--$headcontent-->

You also need to specify to include the "headertags.php" file in your STS admin panel.

For example:

For the default module, you have a parameter named “Files for normal template”. By default it contains only “sts_user_code.php”. If you modify this parameter to “sts_user_code.php;headertags.php”, you will have Header Tags Controller working for all of the pages using the default template. Do the same for the other modules below.

For the index module, the parameter is called “Files for index.php template”.

For “product_info module”, there are 2 parameters:

“Files for normal template”

“Files for content template”.

In HTC, you will do the following:

Go to admin->Header Tags->Fill Tags, click on Fill All for Categories, Manufacturers and Products and then click update. This will auto fill your title, meta description and meta keywords for all existing categories, manufacturers and products.

When adding products or categories to your store, you will see new forms for the input of meta data that will be used by HTC.

Hope this helped you out,

BK

Edited by bkellum

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

Tracy,

Have you made some fake orders with your store? You should reach the value of MIN_DISPLAY_BESTSELLERS (admin configuration parameter) to display your bestsellers box. Without orders, there is not enough products to display.

- Rigadin

Hi Rigadin,

Yes- I've made 3 fake orders with multiple products in each order. 1 order in one customer group, 2 in the other. I checked in Admin under Configuration->Minimum Values and my Best Sellers is set to 1. Is there somewhere else I should be looking?

I'm going to double check and sign in under each customer group to verify that I get the same results regardless of being "guest" or "retail" or "wholesale".

Thank you very much for the info - and I'll check out the menu box in a little bit :thumbsup:

~Tracy

Hi Rigadin,

Yes- I've made 3 fake orders with multiple products in each order. 1 order in one customer group, 2 in the other. I checked in Admin under Configuration->Minimum Values and my Best Sellers is set to 1. Is there somewhere else I should be looking?

I'm going to double check and sign in under each customer group to verify that I get the same results regardless of being "guest" or "retail" or "wholesale".

Thank you very much for the info - and I'll check out the menu box in a little bit :thumbsup:

Well - it doesn't matter if I'm in the store as a guest, a retail or a wholesale customer - the box just isn't there. :huh:

~Tracy

Tracy,

mysql_free_result($Recordset1) inside a template does not work because the template is called from within the $sts class and this class does not know what is $Recordset1, so error. Try to add global $Recordset1 before calling the mysql stuff. But in my mind the template is not the right place to add sql queries!

About you menu box: it's not sts that put tables to your infoboxes. Calling $sts->restart_capture ('somename', 'box') only tells the function that some <tr><td> has to be removed from resulting code, before saving it into $sts->template['somename]. This is needed for all standard osC infoboxes. Most probably you don't need this second parameter for your menu box.

You can include a file instead of pasting all the code insode sts_column_left.php: if I write fast:

$sts->start_capture(); include(yourfile), $sts->stop_capture(yourtagname)

and better place the code in sts_user_code.php, then all the unofficial code is at the same place, it makes the things easier for you when upgrading to a next STS version.

- Rigadin

Hi Rigadin,

Thank you so much for your help! Ok - I went back to calling it as an include rather than embedding the code. But - in order to get the text to show up on the menu where it is supposed to I have to be able to remove the table tags and let it just exist as a div in a div. Here is where I'm getting confused.

My template is all layers and CSS - no tables. So there is no table code in my template to cause this.

I believe I have to call it through sts_user_code using the DIR_WS_BOXES bit of code because the include file is located inside the boxes folder - right?

So I put this into my sts_user_code.php:

$sts->start_capture();
include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'dm_categories.php');
$sts->restart_capture ('dmcategories');

Now - when I go to view the page - the menu shows up and works fine (had that mysql error still but I simply removed that code from the bottom of the include file as it works fine without it - :huh: ) BUT - it is still placed inside of a tabe :(

I have chosen in the menu's include file to have it just show the menu NOT in a table - so the table code is not coming from the menu.

I was under the impression, after looking through all of the code, that if you tell STS it is including something from DIR_WS_BOXES that STS automatically puts in the beginning Table, TD, TR and the ending TR, TD and Table after whatever it is inserting there.

That's why I was wondering if there is a way to insert something from the boxes folder without STS thinking it is an infobox (or osC thinking that either).

Any other thoughts on how to remove the table info?

To see why- try viewing the page in IE6 (http://www.mmherbs.dreamhosters.com) - watch the text on the menu :'(

Thanks again!! :D

~Tracy

It seems that I post in wrong place~~~~Sorry to post here again.

I'm a new user of oscommerce and STSV4.1. I installed oscommerce and STSV4.1 successfully. But there was a problem. When I tried to activate STS, the default item alwayse shows "false". Even I highlight "true" then push activate, it still showed "false". Can anybody help me ? I don't know how to solve the problem.

Thanks a lot!

I'm a new user of oscommerce and STSV4.1. I installed oscommerce and STSV4.1 successfully. But there was a problem. When I tried to activate STS, the default item alwayse shows "false". Even I highlight "true" then push activate, it still showed "false". Can anybody help me ? I don't know how to solve the problem.

Thanks a lot!

Thanks a lot!

Hello, It appears you are using osCommerce version 060817 and you need to appy the fix that can be downloaded from the STS contribution site.

"STS 060817 module patch"

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

I have installed the sts contribution and it is excellent - thanks very much

I have a question to ask - Can i get all my products (& in all) listed in a vertical format on the front page with a buy now button?

Thanks

I have installed the sts contribution and it is excellent - thanks very much

I have a question to ask - Can i get all my products (& in all) listed in a vertical format on the front page with a buy now button?

Thanks

Another question

How do I create a placeholder for a file in modules directory i.e. product_listing.php

Thanks

Hello, It appears you are using osCommerce version 060817 and you need to appy the fix that can be downloaded from the STS contribution site.

"STS 060817 module patch"

Thabks a lot! I have fixed the problem and I can keep practicing setting up an online store. :)

Hi everybody.

I am back to using v. 4.1 since I couldn't get v 4.3.2 working without errors and I don't really have time to play with it right now. I would like to change the way the content appears on the product page, but can't get the add to cart and reviews buttons to work properly. I have edited the product_info.php page in the content folder and it shows on the page correctly, but when I hit the add to cart button it goes to the shopping cart and nothing is added. When I put the mouse over the reviews button nothing happens. It treats it as if it were just a graphic.

Is there a quick fix for this?

Thanks!

Clesha

Becki, I'm referring to the variables
<html $htmlparams>

and

<!--$headcontent-->

You also need to specify to include the "headertags.php" file in your STS admin panel.

For example:

For the default module, you have a parameter named “Files for normal template”. By default it contains only “sts_user_code.php”. If you modify this parameter to “sts_user_code.php;headertags.php”, you will have Header Tags Controller working for all of the pages using the default template. Do the same for the other modules below.

For the index module, the parameter is called “Files for index.php template”.

For “product_info module”, there are 2 parameters:

“Files for normal template”

“Files for content template”.

In HTC, you will do the following:

Go to admin->Header Tags->Fill Tags, click on Fill All for Categories, Manufacturers and Products and then click update. This will auto fill your title, meta description and meta keywords for all existing categories, manufacturers and products.

When adding products or categories to your store, you will see new forms for the input of meta data that will be used by HTC.

Hope this helped you out,

BK

Hi Bill,

I found that I hadn't copied over headertags.php! (I think it is missing from your install instructions)

Anyway now it seems to work OK on index page and product_listing i believe. Tags are there. When I try to go to product_info though I just get a blank screen and only 2/3 lines in my source code? Any ideas what might be wrong...

Thanks

Becki

You have to create a link under the Reviews button placeholder, using $reviewsurl.

For your cart, did you place $startform and $endform on your template? I guess so as the button is redirecting you to the shopping cart but anyway, better ask.

- Rigadin

Hello Rigadin.

Yes, I have the startform & endform tags in place. All of the content showed on the page and the add to cart button is clickable, it just doesn't add anything to the cart and I can't figure out why.

Should the placeholder have a $ at the beginning and the end or just the beginning? ex. $startform$ or $startform$. I'm asking because I noticed you have it only at the beginning.

You have to create a link under the Reviews button placeholder, using $reviewsurl.

For your cart, did you place $startform and $endform on your template? I guess so as the button is redirecting you to the shopping cart but anyway, better ask.

- Rigadin

Thanks!

Clesha

The closing char is selectable in the template itself, so there can be nothing or $ or # or whatever else, depending on the template.

If you have DEFINE ('STS_CONTENT_END_CHAR', '$'); in your template, then the end char of your placeholders must be $.

If you use the wrong one, your placeholders will not be translated and you'll see it straight away.

Back to business: I think you should look in application_top.php, where the stuffs are added to cart (find switch ($HTTP_GET_VARS['action'])), case add_product; place here some debug code to see do you really arrive here and is there any product ID.

- Rigadin

Rigadin this is what I have in the application_top file:

if (DISPLAY_CART == 'true') {
  $goto =  FILENAME_SHOPPING_CART;
  $parameters = array('action', 'cPath', 'products_id', 'pid');
} else {
  $goto = basename($PHP_SELF);
  if ($HTTP_GET_VARS['action'] == 'buy_now') {
	$parameters = array('action', 'pid', 'products_id');
  } else {
	$parameters = array('action', 'pid');
  }
}
switch ($HTTP_GET_VARS['action']) {
 // customer wants to update the product quantity in their shopping cart
  case 'update_product' : for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id']); $i<$n; $i++) {
							if (in_array($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id'][$i], (is_array($HTTP_POST_VARS['cart_delete']) ? $HTTP_POST_VARS['cart_delete'] : array()))) {

The add to cart button works with the default settings from the sts_inc > product_info.php file, but not with the edited file in my content folder.

The closing char is selectable in the template itself, so there can be nothing or $ or # or whatever else, depending on the template.

If you have DEFINE ('STS_CONTENT_END_CHAR', '$'); in your template, then the end char of your placeholders must be $.

If you use the wrong one, your placeholders will not be translated and you'll see it straight away.

Back to business: I think you should look in application_top.php, where the stuffs are added to cart (find switch ($HTTP_GET_VARS['action'])), case add_product; place here some debug code to see do you really arrive here and is there any product ID.

- Rigadin

Thanks!

Clesha

If it works with the original template... look at your template: have you placed the add to cart button between $startform and $endform? How is the html generated by the script: is the <form... generated correctly? is the </form> there too? Is there a hidden field named product_id and which value is the ID of the product you look?

- Rigadin

I was using the product_inf_26.php file as a guide and just switched things around. The weird thing is if I upload the file as is nothing shows after the options table on the page including the add to cart button. All other default text and placeholder tags are there but not all of the inforamtion is displayed which makes me think it's the template in the content folder before I edit it.

The template page doesn't have <form> </form>. Everything is inside <table> and <tbody> tags. This is code from the content > product_info.php_26.html file untouched as I downloaded it:

<?php DEFINE ('STS_CONTENT_END_CHAR', '$'); ?>

<table border="1" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="0" width="100%">
 <tbody>
<tr>
  <td valign="top">
  <p>Product ID 26 content template. Header, columns and footer are from the 
  template of category 1_9<br>
  Formatted variables go here:<br>
  $startform$<br>
  </p>
  <table style="width: 100%; text-align: left;" border="1"
cellpadding="2" cellspacing="2">
	<tbody>
	  <tr>
		<td style="vertical-align: top;" class="main">$productname$</td>
		<td style="vertical-align: top;"><br>
		</td>
	  </tr>
	</tbody>
  </table>
  <div align="right">
	<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" style="border-collapse: collapse" bordercolor="#111111" width="200" id="AutoNumber1">
	  <tr>
		<td>Image and text link to
  Popup:

$product_popup$

</td>
	  </tr>
	</table>
  </div>
  <p><br>
  Regular Price: $regularprice$<br>
  Special Price: $specialprice$<br>
  Product Name: $productname$<br>
  Product Model: $productmodel$<br>
  Image Small: $imagesmall$<br>
  Image Large: $imagelarge$<br>
   <p>Desc: $productdesc$<p>Option Header: $optionheader$<br>
  <table border="1">
	<tbody>
	  <tr>
		<td>Option Names:</td>
		<td>Option Choices</td>
	  </tr>
	  <tr>
		<td>$optionnames$ </td>
		<td>$optionchoices$ </td>
	  </tr>
	</tbody>
  </table>
  Reviews: $reviews$<br>
Reviews Link:<br>
  MoreInfo Label: $moreinfolabel$<br>
MoreInfo URL: <a href="$moreinfourl$">$moreinfourl$</a><br>
  ProductDate Label: $productdatelabel$<br>
  ProductDate: $productdate$<br>
Reviews URL: <a href="$reviewsurl$">$reviewsurl$</a><br>
  Reviews Button: $reviewsbutton$<br>
  AddToCart Button: $addtocartbutton$<br>
Using any image (such as the logo) as an AddToCart button: <input
src="images/oscommerce.gif" type="image"><p>$endform$</p>
  <p>$alsopurchased$<br>
  </p>
  </p>
  </td>
</tr>
 </tbody>
</table>

If it works with the original template... look at your template: have you placed the add to cart button between $startform and $endform? How is the html generated by the script: is the <form... generated correctly? is the </form> there too? Is there a hidden field named product_id and which value is the ID of the product you look?

- Rigadin

Thanks!

Clesha

Hi Bill,

I found that I hadn't copied over headertags.php! (I think it is missing from your install instructions)

Anyway now it seems to work OK on index page and product_listing i believe. Tags are there. When I try to go to product_info though I just get a blank screen and only 2/3 lines in my source code? Any ideas what might be wrong...

Thanks

Becki

Becki, this is usually a problem with the categories.php file not being modified correctly. Compare it with the one that came in the contribution. If that does not work, ask in the HTC forum for more detailed answers.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Please forgive me, i have posted this question intended for this topic but it seems to lost somewhere in the forum so i have to double post the msg again as i am desparately need help: :(

hello,

please help!

install sts + header tag -- works like a charm! thankyou

BUT i can not figure it out how to move things around

the index.php page look perfect the way i wanted when call on with STS as shown below:

(FOOTER AND BANNER shown perfectly in order!)

index.jpg

NOW, when product_info call out in STS the FOOTER AND BANNER shown INSIDE the "Add to Cart" box!

as shown below: please help to bring it out

product_info.jpg

much appreciate for any help

michael

Please forgive me, i have posted this question intended for this topic but it seems to lost somewhere in the forum so i have to double post the msg again as i am desparately need help: :(

hello,

please help!

install sts + header tag -- works like a charm! thankyou

BUT i can not figure it out how to move things around

the index.php page look perfect the way i wanted when call on with STS as shown below:

(FOOTER AND BANNER shown perfectly in order!)

index.jpg

NOW, when product_info call out in STS the FOOTER AND BANNER shown INSIDE the "Add to Cart" box!

as shown below: please help to bring it out

product_info.jpg

much appreciate for any help

michael

Michael - are you using the templates in the Full or Test folder? If it's the Test Folder could you post the code for your test index page? If it's the Full folder it might be the product_info template (depending on what product you are looking at - the version of STS I have includes product_info.php_3.html and product_info.php_68.html - so if you are looking at product ID 3 or 68 it would be governed by it's respective template.

I'm just thinking you might have a misplaced $footer tag on your template page ;)

~Tracy

Hi all,

I need a little bit of help. I just installed STS v4.3.2 with Header Tags Controller v2.6.0, and everything went fine during the install, and it appears to be working, but i'm having problems with the permission settings on the two files of includes/header_tags.php and includes/languages/english/header_tabs.php. I set the permission for these two files as 777, and i thought that would solve the problem, but i contine to get this error message at the top of the window when i access header tags from my admin....

Permissions settings for the /hsphere/local/home/lewisqic/outfitterwarehouse.com//catalog/includes/header_tags.php file appear to be incorrect

Permissions settings for the /hsphere/local/home/lewisqic/outfitterwarehouse.com//catalog/includes/languages/english/header_tags.php file appear to be incorrect

Can anyone please offer any help or advice on how to fix this problem? thanks.

lewisqic

Hi all,

I need a little bit of help. I just installed STS v4.3.2 with Header Tags Controller v2.6.0, and everything went fine during the install, and it appears to be working, but i'm having problems with the permission settings on the two files of includes/header_tags.php and includes/languages/english/header_tabs.php. I set the permission for these two files as 777, and i thought that would solve the problem, but i contine to get this error message at the top of the window when i access header tags from my admin....

Are you certain your host will allow you to change permission settings? (some don't - dunno why)

Have you tried 755 instead of 777? (either should work - but worth a shot)

~Tracy

Hi all,

It is most likely a mistake in your configure.php file. Notice the double slashes "//" in the error message right after your domain name? In the configure.php file, your store's url should not end in a slash since it gets added later.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions